• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

frontieruk

After the problems I had with the install and being unable to play the game after finally installing it, I created a new guest account in my windows, and that user can start and play the game. O_O

It's really inconvenient to change the user before playing the game so I'm trying to find what can I do to fix the game in my main account.

I tried everything. My problem is that when I reach the "Press enter to start" screen, I press enter key, a new green windows pops with XBOX|windows 10 .... text, and it closes in 3 seconds to return at the "Press enter to start" screen. No way to go after it.

What I need is something to break the link between the game license and my main user account. Tried "restore" the forza 7 app, the xbox app, uninstalling both, and a few powershell commands to re-validate the current licenses list. But no luck at the moment.

Why the game works in a different windows account but not in my main?

currupt profile, so only loads on your profile.

xrnzaaas

Are there really not many new cars?

Forza 6's description on the box says 'over 450 cars'. Forza 7's description says 'over 700 cars'. Is the difference just all the Forza 6 DLC cars and new Horizon 3 cars?

It's Forza 6 + Forza 6 DLC + Horizon 3 + Horizon 3 DLC + Horizon 3 Forzathon cars + Forza Edition cars (they're either new or reworked Horizon Edition cars). They've added a few extra, but afaik they're only returning cars from the earlier games (Iike the BMW M5 E60).

xrnzaaas

Has the specialty dealer changed yet? I believe they do every Tuesday.

What are the new cars?

The change takes place during the night for the EU folks (technically already on Wednesday), it's set so that American players can get the new vehicles in the evening hours. ;)

Dr.Phibes

I just haven't spent much time with VIR. When it does pop up in f7 career, it's often the apocalypse storm and you start in 12th or whatever.

I didn't appreciate Bathurst either until I did an endurance race on pcars and got a fun flow going.

Yeah, it doesn't help that all the career races I did at VIR so far were either night races, wet races or a combination of both.

Em3112

Neo Member
VIR is quite a nice track but you really have to learn it. There is a lot of different configurations also what is quite confusing.

In careermode it is indeed mostly storm and rain. finding the right braking point is hard in that conditions doing 240km/h on the start/finish straight.

Stevey

Bought a 1,500,000 credit car I didn't want from Car Collection menu because I was viewing many car thumbnails and I hit "buy" button by accident. Damn it, I'm so mad right now, it feels like I just erased all my money which is already hard to come by in this game. Crappy UI design right there, too easy to accidentally buy cars, I bet I'm not the only one to have this happen.

Don't you have to choose the paint and confirm when you buy a car?
Or does buying it from Car Collection skip those 2 or 3 steps?

RawNuts

I did a fantastic race on Silverstone in the sports touring career division that started at sundown and eventually went deep into the dark night; I really hope they allow us to have some control over time settings in a future patch because I really want to set up races like that in free play and multiplayer.

Also, is there any way to enable rolling starts in a multiplayer lobby? I see the option but can never toggle it. Is it dependent on something else?

Don't you have to choose the paint and confirm when you buy a car?
Or does buying it from Car Collection skip those 2 or 3 steps?
Car collection has no paint selection, but it does ask if you’re sure. There’s no one button to buy a car, so the only way to buy a car by accident would be to misclick twice.

OrangeOak

After the problems I had with the install and being unable to play the game after finally installing it, I created a new guest account in my windows, and that user can start and play the game. O_O

It's really inconvenient to change the user before playing the game so I'm trying to find what can I do to fix the game in my main account.

I tried everything. My problem is that when I reach the "Press enter to start" screen, I press enter key, a new green windows pops with XBOX|windows 10 .... text, and it closes in 3 seconds to return at the "Press enter to start" screen. No way to go after it.

What I need is something to break the link between the game license and my main user account. Tried "restore" the forza 7 app, the xbox app, uninstalling both, and a few powershell commands to re-validate the current licenses list. But no luck at the moment.

Why the game works in a different windows account but not in my main?

I have no idea if that will help you but it sounds like some license problem and once I had a problem with downloading Forza Horizon 3. It just could't finish downloading even after fresh system install. My problem was solved by using this reset.cmd script from this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...indows-update-when-you-try-to-install-updates

frontieruk

I have no idea if that will help you but it sounds like some license problem and once I had a problem with downloading Forza Horizon 3. It just could't finish downloading even after fresh system install. My problem was solved by using this reset.cmd script from this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...indows-update-when-you-try-to-install-updates

Different thing. The game is downloaded, if he creates a new profile the game works, in his main profile it doesn’t work.

Well, for completely unknown reasons Forza 7 has become a lot less stable for me with CtD's happening fairly regularly. Nothing's changed on my PC. This is what happened with Horizon 3, started off fine but got worse overtime. Looks like the game engine is repeating the same problems, at least for me anyway. Pain in the ass.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Bought a 1,500,000 credit car I didn't want from Car Collection menu because I was viewing many car thumbnails and I hit "buy" button by accident. Damn it, I'm so mad right now, it feels like I just erased all my money which is already hard to come by in this game. Crappy UI design right there, too easy to accidentally buy cars, I bet I'm not the only one to have this happen.

I've accidentally 'bought' a few crappy driver gear suits at rank up because of improper wheel button presses. I wanted the free car goddamnit! Not this camouflage turd for my driver!!

It's weird because the game will ask you to verify choosing the car, but it doesn't for the clothing, so be careful.

Basically, I also think the UX in this game is dogshit. Stuttering, inconsistent, and a bit disorganized(I should mention I loath the massive wall of cars to scroll through).

F3 and 4 were pure class. Were 5 and 6 on XBone this much a mess?

Dear God the Windows Store is a shower of shit. Reset Forza 7 in the hope it might make it a bit less likely to CtD and, of course, that means I have to re-download all the bonus stuff for the game. I can get 80Mbps+ on my network. I get 500 kb/s for the Forza 7 bonuses etc. I had downloaded some updates via the store for other things and hit 40Mbps. It's seems Forza 7 is just shit. Absolute joke.

MaLDo

currupt profile, so only loads on your profile.

But it doesn't work in my profile... only in the guest account after login with my main into the store.

Do you know a fix?

Thank you, maybe I have to try it even when the problem seems different.

How on earth can a game go from not crashing every half hour to crashing every half hour when there have been NO changes to my PC? The Forza engine must be pure crap. I got pretty pissed off with FH3 until it was fixed...a good 5 months after it's launch. If Forza 7 is going the same way then it's the last time I buy a Forza game, and I've played them all since Forza 1.

RawNuts

Scratch my last post, it turns out that 570S is actually in the game:

mclaren_570s65rf0.png

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/t...-track-list-wip-updated-september-29th.40704/
http://forza.wikia.com/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_7/Cars

It's just among the cars you can't buy from the dealership. It will probably appear in the specialty dealer at some point (or maybe, you know, you should open some loot boxes ;)).
You wouldn't believe what is on sale at the specialty dealer right now... <.<

stoke1863

so i just got done playing the demo,

Some background info...

I have played every Forza on a pad (4 is the best) and always enjoyed them, Since 6 came out in the last few months i have moved into owning a Logitech G29 (entry level wheel) and picked up games like Project Cars, Asseto Corsa and F12017. So you could say i have delved into more indepth simlulation models.

I dont know why, but i always thought of Forza as a hardcore sim racer, but OMFG since coming back to try Forza7 i cant believe how bad the handling is compared to what im now use to.

The FFB is absolutely horrendous i have no feeling for what the car is doing what so ever, There is such a strange weight transfer effect as you go through corners it feels like your car is in a tank slapper. The Porsche race was so bad i couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

I dont know what it is possible the tyre model but there is such a strange understeer sensation through fast corners, cars just feel absolutely lifeless and its really hard to sense where the limits of the car are (all assists off)

but the absolute worst is the AI, they are a joke! even with limit aggression on they just slam into you with 0 appreciation for racing craft. When you are racing them they are simply obstacles in your way, they dont race you back or battle you they simply just smash into the back of you.

Jumping back into Assetto Corsa it is like night and day in terms of a handling model. I think i will get PCars2 soon.

Forza 7's presentation is fantastic but its handling model leaves a lot to be desired

frontieruk

But it doesn't work in my profile... only in the guest account after login with my main into the store.

Do you know a fix?

Thank you, maybe I have to try it even when the problem seems different.

yeah I wasn't paying much attention to what I was typing sorry but your symptoms match up perfectly in that the software works under a different windows login. With a corrupt profile the issue is either a damaged registry hive for that user or crappy data somewhere in in the $appdata$ locations, personally I wouldn't waste the time trying to fix it but if you haven't tried it open a cmd window as admin and run "sfc /scannow", if that doesn't fix it copy your personal files somewhere safe, including the steam data folder.

if your new account is an admin skip this :-
https://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how-to-enable-the-hidden-windows-10-administrator-account/

once you have an admin account restart your PC and login as an admin.
open the user accounts management and remove your account, in the users folder your profile folder should still be there rename it so the original folder name becomes available to windows again.

reboot and recreate your profile.

ooteeni

Do you know a fix?

I have had this on my xbox with a bunch of Games were it wouldn't run under my main account or my sons. I thought my Xbox was busted.

This may sound weird, it ended up being My ISP's DNS and I changed it to googles 8.8.8.8 and I haven't had a problem since.

* Just read the post above , sorry I didn't know you were on PC. Give it a go you never know.

Hojaho

The FFB is absolutely horrendous i have no feeling for what the car is doing what so ever, There is such a strange weight transfer effect as you go through corners it feels like your car is in a tank slapper. The Porsche race was so bad i couldn't even bring myself to finish it.

I dont know what it is possible the tyre model but there is such a strange understeer sensation through fast corners, cars just feel absolutely lifeless and its really hard to sense where the limits of the car are (all assists off)

but the absolute worst is the AI, they are a joke! even with limit aggression on they just slam into you with 0 appreciation for racing craft. When you are racing them they are simply obstacles in your way, they dont race you back or battle you they simply just smash into the back of you.

Jumping back into Assetto Corsa it is like night and day in terms of a handling model. I think i will get PCars2

I have the exact same wheel at my disposal. I have no idea if it’s just the demo and has been fixed in the full game, but I have to agree with you. The handling and the FFB is just horrible with it. The game detects properly the G29, but that’s it.
The FFB is like the game is just trying to convey the Rumble effect from the gamepad to the wheel.

KdotIX

Man that Zonda was expensive but I went for it anyway. Got all 3 cars and total spend was about 1.5m - Hopefully I should be able to make about 1.5m back as I still have a lot of the career mode to get through. Also some GAF MP events ;)

Do we know when Forzathon and Leagues open up?

saladine1

If there was one issue I would fix at the moment, it would be the absolutely, downright frustrating, mothereffing A.I.
I've never used rewind in a game as much as I have in FM7. The rewind button on my wheel is actually starting to disintegrate because of it.

Chucker

I've got the Hoonigan DLC from the Xbox Rewards but am not going to use it. First quote gets it.
Figured this would be the best place to put this.

Zonda is too expensive this week, I just can't get the hours in to get the dough together. Hope it comes around again :/
Turn all assists on, throw some high value mods on, start a really long race, get to first manually, tape your controller trigger down and go about your business :p

Never tried it myself but from a friend’s impression it works wonders on the endurance races.

Mascot

Turn all assists on, throw some high value mods on, start a really long race, get to first manually, tape your controller trigger down and go about your business :p

Never tried it myself but from a friend’s impression it works wonders on the endurance races.

I'm sad that techniques like this even need to be considered in 2017.

I tried 50 laps of Homestead, elastic band on the trigger and got....0 Forzabucks!

Doing it the hard way tomorrow, just gonna pick something I wanna drive the shit out of, load up on mods and go for gold.

Btw what do I have to do to unlock the F40C, is it a showcase later in the game?

xrnzaaas

Lol I must be playing too much Forza, got about 3 million in the last week and I only ignored the super expensive cars in the level up discounts.

I've got the Hoonigan DLC from the Xbox Rewards but am not going to use it. First quote gets it.
Figured this would be the best place to put this.

If it's still available why not, don't have Xbox rewards program in my country. :(

I tried 50 laps of Homestead, elastic band on the trigger and got....0 Forzabucks!

Doing it the hard way tomorrow, just gonna pick something I wanna drive the shit out of, load up on mods and go for gold.

Btw what do I have to do to unlock the F40C, is it a showcase later in the game?

It's a showcase, I believe it's one of the ones that pops up once you complete the Forza Driver's Cup.

To be fair, the earning rate in the game is pretty great, but if you're on very limited time and just want to enjoy expensive cars, then why not do it?

I‘m playing FM7 like every other Forza before and have plenty of money in the bank and plenty of cars in the garage.
There will always be folks who look for the most efficient way to make money in a new Forza game.

Mascot

To be fair, the earning rate in the game is pretty great, but if you're on very limited time and just want to enjoy expensive cars, then why not do it?

I guess I'm just diametrically opposed to any form of grinding in a videogame, active or passive. It always whiffs slightly of poor game design.

So I've got a quick question I was hoping some of you could answer: is it possible to get duplicates in loot boxes? I assume you can probably get a duplicate car and definitely mods, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sell outfits or emblems, so I assume you can't get duplicates, right?

I just bought that $240,000 lootbox 3x and now I'm regretting it, thinking I should have probably just bought 7 of the $100,000 loot boxes since I was getting random uncommon emblems and outfits.

Gek54

I have the exact same wheel at my disposal. I have no idea if it’s just the demo and has been fixed in the full game, but I have to agree with you. The handling and the FFB is just horrible with it. The game detects properly the G29, but that’s it.
The FFB is like the game is just trying to convey the Rumble effect from the gamepad to the wheel.

Default settings are horrid.

These are the settings I use with a TX and it now feels more communicative than asseto.

aqtZpuC.jpg

I guess I'm just diametrically opposed to any form of grinding in a videogame, active or passive. It always whiffs slightly of poor game design.
If I do a 12 lap race on the Stadplatz version of the Alps course (fun flow and about 1 minute per lap in a Group C car) on the highest difficulty I get about 60,000 credits. At 12 minutes it’s really short compared to a real race but it pays a pretty penny still. I think a similar race from the old Forzas or GTs would earn half that if you’re lucky.

It can be a little bit of a grind if you want to have all the nicest cars, but there has to be some progression IMO.

xrnzaaas

Thanks buddy. :)

So I've got a quick question I was hoping some of you could answer: is it possible to get duplicates in loot boxes? I assume you can probably get a duplicate car and definitely mods, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sell outfits or emblems, so I assume you can't get duplicates, right?

I just bought that $240,000 lootbox 3x and now I'm regretting it, thinking I should have probably just bought 7 of the $100,000 loot boxes since I was getting random uncommon emblems and outfits.

You shouldn't get duplicates of driver gear, but I wonder what will happen if you eventually unlock all of them. Around 350 driver suits is a lot, but on the other hand some people are already on level 1000+. :)

What is the main method of getting driver suits? Is it only choosing one for a level prize, or getting them in a box?

I'm only around lvl 16, but so far each time I've had the option of taking a suit, I didn't take it. And I'm not planning to buy boxes (with real money, at least).

xrnzaaas

What is the main method of getting driver suits? Is it only choosing one for a level prize, or getting them in a box?

I'm only around lvl 16, but so far each time I've had the option of taking a suit, I didn't take it. And I'm not planning to buy boxes (with real money, at least).

You can also get them from the loot boxes, some you get from playing previous games (they appear after you start FM7 for the first time), also one suit per one completed cup in the career mode.

Cars are by far the best choice after level ups. Even if you can't afford one after the discount you can store the deal for later.

Top Bottom