• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

I hope somewhere in Boruto Adult Naruto and Sasuke have a a VOTE part 3 match as a friendly dual.

Mostly to see them fight as adults, and also to show the clear difference between them and their offspring.

Just to completely crush and shatter any hope Boruto has of matching his dad.
I don't think Boruto could reach those heights without some kind of bullshit hax going on. Sarada at least has the Sharingan and I'd love to see her summon up a Susanoo and own house on Burrito.

Ray Down

Banned
At least I'm more consistent than the story.

Oh don't worry, soon you will become the child of destiny...for reasons.

But hey at least Sasuke is consistently up his own asshole.

I don't think Boruto could reach those heights without some kind of bullshit hax going on. Sarada at least has the Sharingan and I'd love to see her summon up a Susanoo and own house on Burrito.

What can even cause Sarada Manhekyo though? Naruto supposed death?

"Imma be the dark Hokage edgelord sama." I don't know what would give Sarada that power, still probably going to happen.

Child of destiny means jack shit if you don't have Naruto's ninja way which Jaded doesn't.
Why would Sarada get MS through Naruto's death?

Naruto's battle sense being a bit dull and Sasuke being able to warp between dimensions.
That and Sasuke actually knows how to fight. Naruto's a brawler, not a trained fighter, even if he's had a good amount of training it's never really showed in his technique in my opinion. For example if the intro battle was with Naruto instead of Sasuke it'd look a lot different, not to mention I can't picture Naruto adapting to having only one arm as well as Sasuke did regarding fighting style.

Ray Down

Banned
Child of destiny means jack shit if you don't have Naruto's ninja way which Jaded doesn't.
Why would Sarada get MS through Naruto's death?

Sarada wants to be like Naruto, she says as much, views him as a role model/hero. Nothing against Sasuke but views Naruto in a better light. Bourto basically the same but with Sasuke. It helps that only Naruto been confirmed to have something terrible befall him.

All you need for MS to work is the trauma suffered from witnessing the death of someone close to the user. Could see it being retconned to "death" because it wouldn't be the first time.

Also something something parallels

Sarada wants to be like Naruto, she says as much, views him as a role model/hero. Nothing against Sasuke but views Naruto in a better light. Bourto basically the same but with Sasuke. It helps that only Naruto been confirmed to have something terrible befall him.

All you need for MS to work is the trauma suffered from witnessing the death of someone close to the user. Could see it being retconned to "death" because it wouldn't be the first time.

Originally the idea was that in order to awaken the MS one had to kill their best friend.

Later on it was clarified by Tobirama that Uchiha members possessed some kind of special gland in the brain that produced a special type of chakra when under intense emotional stress and trauma, which is basically what happened when they killed their closest friend or witnessed their death. Obito is a good example of that as he personally witnessed Rin die at the hand of Kakashi.

Nothing was retconned, just expanded upon.

Ray Down

Banned
Originally the idea was that in order to awaken the MS one had to kill their best friend.

Later on it was clarified by Tobirama that Uchiha members possessed some kind of special gland in the brain that produced a special type of chakra when under intense emotional stress and trauma, which is basically what happened when they killed their closest friend or witnessed their death. Obito is a good example of that as he personally witnessed Rin die at the hand of Kakashi.

Nothing was retconned, just expanded upon.

Retcon is a literary device in which new information is added to already established facts in the continuity of a fictional work.

It's a retcon, it's adding more information to an established idea brought up earlier in the series. A retcon can just add new info with more details or alter the original idea all internally.

Sai

I wouldn't call it a retcon. What was the purpose behind specifically killing those close to the Uchiha? It's not like there's some sacrificial ceremony being carried out for their eyeballs. The Sharingan's advancement has always been shown to be dependent upon the Uchiha's emotions, as we saw with Sasuke. Following that same train of thought for the Mangekyō Sharingan's awakening, the purpose behind killing those close to them would have linked to the mental reaction from seeing those they care for dying before their eyes.

This is why a lot of people thought that Sasuke might have awakened his Mangekyō Sharingan at the end of Part 1 by merely being under the impression that he had successfully killed Naruto, before it was revealed that he would gain power his own way rather than Itachi's.

It may not have been laid out that clearly, but more than enough readers came to that conclusion before these talks of all the Sharingan's powers being retconned in Part 2.

Retcon is a literary device in which new information is added to already established facts in the continuity of a fictional work.

It's a retcon, it's adding more information to an established idea brought up earlier in the series. A retcon can just add new info with more details or alter the original idea all internally.

Retcon would imply a contradiction. Tobirama's explanation of the the Sharingan and MS didn't contradict what we already knew, it only put it in clinical terms and revealed new information that put what we knew in a clearer context.

Adding information to an established idea or concept is not a retcon unless it contradicts or imposes a new interpretation altogether, and even then it might not be because red herrings are also a literary device that are often used to introduce a flawed or incomplete interpretation of something that is really revealed to be other than what the reader was led to believe.

Sarada wants to be hokage and seeks Naruto's validation yes. It terms of Sarada experiencing strong emotions, she has far greater love for Sasuke. Her just imagining to meet Sasuke awakened her Sharingan. Sasuke's answer/love is ultimately what caused her the greatest happiness throughout Gaiden and in her happiness as of late is also said to be due to Sasuke.

Boruto see's Sasuke as a goal for sure, though once again emotionally he is closer to Naruto.

Sharingan evolution is done by strong emotions. Killing your best friend is just one method of inducing such emotions. We see Sarada awaken from simple anticipation of love (no battle).

FZZ

Banned
So just wanted to stop by and ask if Boruto is permanently gonna be a monthly manga or if after they finish dealing with the movie it's gonna move on to become a weekly manga

Actually kinda interested in the story and what direction it's gonna be taken in after the movie recap is over (whenever that is :/)

The author's art has gotten a lot better too, and personally I like the smaller boobed Hinata

Desmond

So just wanted to stop by and ask if Boruto is permanently gonna be a monthly manga or if after they finish dealing with the movie it's gonna move on to become a weekly manga

Actually kinda interested in the story and what direction it's gonna be taken in after the movie recap is over (whenever that is :/)

The author's art has gotten a lot better too, and personally I like the smaller boobed Hinata

Who knows? Sure, there isn't a chapter scheduled for this month yet lol

Moaradin

Watched the two movies a few days ago and just read the Sarada chapters and the Mitsuki one shot. So I guess I'm all caught up on all the manga stuff? Not gonna read the novels. I'll just wait for those to get animated.

I really like how much Sarada looks up to Naruto and Boruto looks up to Sasuke. Pretty neat dynamic there.

edit: Peaked at the first Boruto manga chapter since I was curious. The fact that it starts with a huge time skip that hints at huge shit going down only to go back and just retell the boruto movie movie is hilarious. Also really not a fan of the art. A lot of the characters just look odd and some don't even look like the same person, like Hinata. Hopefully it improves.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So uh. How did Naruto make it from "just born infant" to "kid capable of functioning at all?" No parents, I understand that the Third probably "looked after him" but he had to be raised for those first few years. You can't just "look after" an infant, someone had to be bottle feeding him every three hours, changing his daipers, etc. Someone had to teach him how to talk. This would've had to be round-the-clock care for at least a few years. Naruto woulda associated whoever was managing this care as his "parents" most likely. There's a long while there before he can get dumped off in some apartment and live alone, he shouldn't be thinking "I have no parents," he should be thinking "my parents abandoned me when I was four."

[Edit] Oh hey the anime thread is already talking about this.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Double post almost a month later but hey,

7xrXZgG.png

They changed his transformation. I like this one better.

rrc1594

Boruto anime announced for Spring 2017. Kishi said he want's to make it better then Naruto. It looks like it's going to be how DragonBall Super is handle. Kishi going to outline arcs.

Summary of JF so far:

- Boruto anime coming April 2017 (unclear on Kishi's involvement, could either be like GT or Super).
- Live action Part 2 Musical announced.
- Hollywood movie where Kishi is said to be notably involved in.
- Kishi interview in January

Desmond

Summary of JF so far:

- Boruto anime coming April 2017 (unclear on Kishi's involvement, could either be like GT or Super).
- Live action Part 2 Musical announced.
- Hollywood movie where Kishi is said to be notably involved in.
- Kishi interview in January

Finally gonna get some new info on his new series?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Mitsuki is my favorite Team Boruto member

His older bro
is even cooler

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
But okay so. Is this gonna be an adaptation of the Boruto manga? The monthly manga still adapting the Boruto movie? How will there ever be enough original material to adapt? The anime will pass the manga in like three months.

Fj0823

I have a feeling it will be like Dragon Ball Super.

Dishonor writes an outline and designs the characters, and the anime fills in the blanks.

Meanwhile the manga becomes marketing material

PaulBizkit

A couple of weeks ago i watched a video called Naruto: A series of ups and downs, and had me thinking about early naruto, its arcs and slow shift from Ninjas doing missions to Super warriors in a grand-scale war.

And this has probably been talked to death here, but what kind of missions would you guys have wanted to see perform by team 7 before the chuunin exams? I feel the second arc came too soon (for reasons we all know).

Would it have been a good idea to make the first movie a canon mission arc that tells us a bit more about Kakashi's past and develops Naruto and Sasuke's relationship as friends?

naruto-movie-1-daikatsugeki-yukihime-ninpocho-dattebayo-504204l.jpg

(I know naruto uses the rasengan there, but you can always end the fight in some other way or have him learn some new jutsu from kakashi)

Maybe two comedic episodes and then a mission that would have taken place in, for example, the cloud village or some place you guys feel was "under used"?

latest

Since the original manga ended, i feel like there was so much unused potential

Sai

I've always wanted to know how Naruto's ratings were after the first major story arc, because usually shōnen mangaka resort to tournament arcs when their manga starts dropping in the polls.

Naruto would have benifitted heavily from maintaining a more adventurous tone before going into something like the Chūnin Exam—showing more of Team 7's missions, and building up the close bonds Naruto and Sasuke in particular were supposed to have.

A lot more world building and exploration could have been accomplished with that too. So much of what Kishimoto did reveal about the world outside of Konoha felt wasted by the end of Part 2.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More ninja missions in part 1 were definitely sorely missing. We definitely needed to see more bro bonding and good guy Sasuke. Maybe sometimes focusing on other teams, like the Hidan/Kakuzu arc focused on Asuma and Shikamaru. With all of the retrospective knowledge we have, I definitely wanted to see more of other countries, especially Earth and Water. It didn't even have to be the ninja villages. Earth/Stone didn't become remotely relevant (outside of Deidara) until the last arc in the series. Not cool.

Top Bottom