• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Dr.Hadji

When I was saying "Such as?" I was talking about stuff like the Void Century and the Will of D., not standard plot elements like Devil Fruits, character motvations, and other stuff that compare to what you were listing about Naruto. There isn't really any major lore elements carried in Naruto until nearly end. Hell we really didn't get a whole lot of lore till Part 2 of the series.

As for Shanks losing his arm, it's heavily implied to be intentional in his confrontation with Whitebeard to "invest in the future." which again, is something being carried over throughout the course of the series and actually makes the series more interesting to read because it says there's something more. On the other hand, when Kishi explained the existence of the Sage of Sixth Paths, there was never anything left open and it very well could've been it aka a stopping point. This makes a lot of the lore elements feel hamfisted and made up on the spot in comparison. The only one he really did that with was with Madara.

Like phaze already said, I don't think we're arguing that Naruto has the quality/quantity of foreshadowing compared to something like OP but we're saying there are strong plot lines that stretch from the begging of the series to the end that that silly plot chart clearly ignores. If anything the Naruto chart should look like the OP one but less dense.

And that Shanks example is still silly sauce. Invest in the future all you want but I still don't see any reason for a man as strong as Shanks turns out to be to lose his arm to a creature Luffy one shots on his first trip off the island.

Ray Down

Banned
It was mention in the first part of his interview with Togashi that Kishi is a DmC fan. No wonder he cameo in that Mario one-shot or preview.

Also don't know if it was ever mention but apparently mention in a early interview this year Kishi and his wife are expecting a 3rd kid so congrats.

rambis

Banned
When I was saying "Such as?" I was talking about stuff like the Void Century and the Will of D., not standard plot elements like Devil Fruits, character motvations, and other stuff that compare to what you were listing about Naruto. There isn't really any major lore elements carried in Naruto until nearly end. Hell we really didn't get a whole lot of lore till Part 2 of the series.

As for Shanks losing his arm, it's heavily implied to be intentional in his confrontation with Whitebeard to "invest in the future." which again, is something being carried over throughout the course of the series and actually makes the series more interesting to read because it says there's something more. On the other hand, when Kishi explained the existence of the Sage of Sixth Paths, there was never anything left open and it very well could've been it aka a stopping point. This makes a lot of the lore elements feel hamfisted and made up on the spot in comparison. The only one he really did that with was with Madara.

Sure there are?
What are you defining as lore elements? Kaguya? Sure

But the main things have always been the story of the TBs, Hashi/Madaras struggle which was obviously becoming Naruto/Sasuke's and ultimately returning Sasuke to the Village. And that was all consistent throughout the story. The ending is Sasuke finally returning.

People call Kaguya the final villain but that's not really true at all. The ultimate antagonist of the series is Sasuke and was like that since part 1 VOTE.

Also the S06P was never detailed in any meaningful way throughout the series. I certainly don't see a stopping point. It took Kishi working with SP on filler for us to learn really anything meaningful of his story.

Just found out Hirohiko Araki drew Naruto...
a1VgBX2y3_840w_v1.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rock Lee looks right out of One Piece's goofy world anyway, so...

Arabesque

It's something Kishimoto mentioned in his interview in Jump GIGA, that even though he does focus a lot on making his art good, it just doesn't show a lot in a weekly serialisation because 1)readers wouldn't notice/appreciate it 2)it's difficult to keep up the quality on such an insane schedule.

Kishimoto is a great artist, and there is a lot of things in the story when gets enough time to expand on and draw that it can be genuinely creative and amazing looking. His art in general doesn't get as much appreciation as it deserves.

Zoe

There were some great panels in part 1 where he put tons of detail into the faces, but I can understand that the return on that wouldn't be worth it.

Arabesque

There were some great panels in part 1 where he put tons of detail into the faces, but I can understand that the return on that wouldn't be worth it.

I feel that the trade off for the simplicity in facial details was more allowance for expressiveness. You could see it in places where you could tell what a character was thinking without saying anything or how it created a more intense reaction than in part 1.

The rough and detailed focused art has a lot of charm, but I do think Kishimoto improved when he decided to move past it to the style he used in part 2.

I do think he can draw like he used to in part 1, but as an artist I feel that would be regressive for him. I guess we will see where he goes with his new series later on.

Desmond

Think the manga thread is the best place to post this. There will be a Boruto anime special airing at Jump Festa this year.

Clegg

I finished the manga during its original run but hadnt kept up with the anime. Going through the war arc now and the Kakashi/Obito fight is the best one I've seen so far. And it's not just animation wise either. Fights are always more interesting when they're something other than lobbing bombs at each other.

Hero

Is Shippuden actually going to end soon? I heard they just got done with Kaguya and should be moving on to Naruto vs Sasuke but honestly surprised they're not trying to put even more filler before it.

Ray Down

Banned
Is Shippuden actually going to end soon? I heard they just got done with Kaguya and should be moving on to Naruto vs Sasuke but honestly surprised they're not trying to put even more filler before it.

I really doubt it, hell they are animating Naruto novels into some episodes. Then by jump festa they will announce they will animate the Scarlet Spring.

phaze

"I know you just saved the world and all Nardo, but for the good of the world that you just saved you got to go. PS Imma be Hokage."

Enemies of my enemies are my friends at least for the time being ? Dunno wy you would want him to act like an idiot and let Kaguya/Madara/Obito win because he knew he has different vision for the future than Naruto.

Its happening. 1 hour special on September 29th.

Excite

I finished the manga during its original run but hadnt kept up with the anime. Going through the war arc now and the Kakashi/Obito fight is the best one I've seen so far. And it's not just animation wise either. Fights are always more interesting when they're something other than lobbing bombs at each other.

Sadly this is the last instance of really god and fairly long fight sequence so far. Welll outside of that filler by Yamashita.

Enemies of my enemies are my friends at least for the time being ? Dunno wy you would want him to act like an idiot and let Kaguya/Madara/Obito win because he knew he has different vision for the future than Naruto.

Excite

Sadly this is the last instance of really god and fairly long fight sequence so far. Welll outside of that filler by Yamashita.

Hearing rumours that Yamashita is directing+KA one of the episodes :)

I honestly just wanted him to stop being angsty and after he defeated Madara/Obito/Kaguya he'd stop being a dick and return to Konoha to find a way to redeem himself with his friends, not pretty much try to kill Nardo and mind rape Sakura.
"Look Nardo, sorry, but I don't believe in your jesus talk no jutsu sessions. PS you know jack shit about my bro."
If I'm remembering the speech right he kind of just wanted to be like a more extreme version of Danzo.

phaze

Hearing rumours that Yamashita is directing+KA one of the episodes :)

Hope it turns out true. Direction is I'd say to be expected since Boruto, 322, 375 were all from him but glad to see schedule was lax enough to give him time for KA work. After all it's a series where he has grown from small beginnings to director of cinema bound movie with international reception.

I honestly just wanted him to stop being angsty and after he defeated Madara/Obito/Kaguya he'd stop being a dick and return to Konoha to find a way to redeem himself with his friends, not pretty much try to kill Nardo and mind rape Sakura.

If I'm remembering the speech right he kind of just wanted to be like a more extreme version of Danzo.

So you want the writer to throw a character arc and all that happened during it to trash just because ? Him being Angsty/Edgy is hardly an argument yet it gets thrown around Sasuke's character at every turn with zero appreciation of where that attitude came from. No wonder you can't appreciate Master Kishi's writing.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

The other thing is that Sasuke's solution to the issues he rightly in my mind perceived was silly nonsense from what I remember, that I will grant.

Hope it turns out true. Direction is I'd say to be expected since Boruto, 322, 375 were all from him but glad to see schedule was lax enough to give him time for KA work. After all it's a series where he has grown from small beginnings to director of cinema bound movie with international reception.

So you want the writer to throw a character arc and all that happened during it to trash just because ? Him being Angsty/Edgy is hardly an argument yet it gets thrown around Sasuke's character at every turn with zero appreciation of where that attitude came from. No wonder you can't appreciate Master Kishi's writing.
kruemelmonster9bq1o.gif

The other thing is that Sasuke's solution to the issues he rightly in my mind perceived was silly nonsense from what I remember, that I will grant.
Is it wrong for me to wish Sasuke came to a conclusion that didn't resolve in him getting his fucking arm blown off by his best friend? I can't appreciate based Master Kishi's writing cause I've been watching anime for more than 20 years and have seen some really good stuff.
Art in Boruto chapter 5 has gotten a lot better. Sasuke actually looks like Sasuke now.
So he's finally found his jar of hair grease?

phaze

Is it wrong for me to wish Sasuke came to a conclusion that didn't resolve in him getting his fucking arm blown off by his best friend?

A lot if not all of Sasuke's story was about finding out the ugly truth of the ninja system and coming off with a perceived solution to them. That solution was impossible with Naruto standing in the way. Expecting him to just drop his 690 chapters of development and go "oh fuck it talk no jutsu me already Naruto" strikes me as wrong yes.

A lot if not all of Sasuke's story was about finding out the ugly truth of the ninja system and coming off with a perceived solution to them. That solution was impossible with Naruto standing in the way. Expecting him to just drop his 690 chapters of development and go "oh fuck it talk no jutsu me already Naruto" strikes me as wrong yes.
At least the "blow off my arm no jutsu" worked cause he's a better person in Gaiden and Boruto for it. I'm just not used to people hashing shit out by permanently disfiguring each other. Though Sasuke did prove he's hard headed as fuck so I don't think the Talk No Jutsu was going to work any way.

Desmond

OK just checked ... Chapter 5 ends at 63rd minute of the movie (out of 90)

so 2 more movie-based chapters???
Maybe even 3. They're averaging 12/3 minutes a chapter. Plus there will be a lot of fight scenes coming up. If it's three, that brings us to January.

Funny thing is Sasuke did not change even after getting his arm blown off. Sasuke wanted to forcefully unify the nations and maintain peace from the shadows, as the conflict between the villages and within themselves are what led to much of the atrocities, despite these kages being in charge. Hell, some of them even knowingly have done crimes.

Sasuke wanted to kill all reasons of such wars, killing the kage and ending the tailed beasts. I think the killing bit was a bit extreme and I feel like Kishi did it for shock but Sasuke's intentions do make sense....as someone who has no faith in the ninja system.

He only changed when he realised how strong certain bonds are and Naruto/Sakura were only able to persevere due to their faith in him. Hence 699 were Sasuke understands , although it being idealistic, continuing to carry on your bonds and believing in them, can ultimately lead to change (and a more wilful one from both sides) and mutual trust/respect which could also help end the conflicts..... after all the very same thing happened to him.

Khezu

I hope somewhere in Boruto Adult Naruto and Sasuke have a a VOTE part 3 match as a friendly dual.

Mostly to see them fight as adults, and also to show the clear difference between them and their offspring.

Just to completely crush and shatter any hope Boruto has of matching his dad.

Top Bottom