• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | June 2013 | Late Ports and Late Threads

EMT0

Banned
VitaGAF, I need some advice. When I bought my PS Vita used, it came in perfect condition minus the one scratch on the screen protector that it came with(The P4G one). However, me, dumbass extraordinaire, decided that it sounded like a good idea to lug my Vita around in my pocket thanks to the screen protector. Now the screen protector's got two new scratches in a couple of hours' time.

I want to replace the screen protector and get the best thing that I possibly can, the more scratch resistant the better. What would you guys recommend?

Hi there!
We just got ZRun pre-E3 announce http://beatshapers.com/zrun

menu_zrun.jpg

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-GM_goRxU

looks fun

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
According to the rep a Vita release is not out of the question. People who want one are encouraged to note so in the comments.

poor Vita people need to beg and ask all the publishers and developers in the world first hand to throw cheap ports at them.

I'm almost sick of this, if SEGA don't think a cheap port job for Vita on PSN is worth it and need Vita owners to scream and lick them before they start rethinking it then should just don't do it.

crinale

I can't come up with indie JRPG of any sort...
Mainly Japanese indie games are either shmup, adventure or fighting game.

LMN

What about Legend of Heroes: Trails series or Tales of? Can someone please suggest that? I don't have twitter either.

Edit: Thanks LorDjidane =)

Haha, cool, I like the look of this! Thanks for bringing the game to Vita. :)

According to the rep a Vita release is not out of the question. People who want one are encouraged to note so in the comments.
I don't care about Project Diva, but I'll add my support to the comments since a lot of people seem to like it.

Again, don't really care for any JRPG other than Persona, but I'll join and suggest FF Type-0 or whatever else anyone wants. :p

antibolo

Banned
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...is-august-hatsune-mikus-north-american-debut/

So despite all the comments on their Facebook campaign asking for the Vita version, they're still ignoring them and going forward with only localizing the PS3 version. Even though both games are mostly the same and it would take very little extra effort to release both.

I... I got no words for this.

Companies like Sega really want the Vita to die as quickly as possible outside Japan.

This is truly a shitty day for Vitadom.

Number45

Companies like Sega really want the Vita to die as quickly as possible outside Japan.
You've got to assume that they only see the PS3 as viable, in what's a huge niche game outside of Japan. Hopefully the good buzz Vita has had recently has an impact on the install base and we can see more risks being taken.

You've got to assume that they only see the PS3 as viable, in what's a huge niche game outside of Japan. Hopefully the good buzz Vita has had recently has an impact on the install base and we can see more risks being taken.

Probably the same reason Namco isn't bothering to port One Piece 2 to the Vita even though they have the translation finished from the PS3 version that's coming over.

zulux21

VitaGAF, I need some advice. When I bought my PS Vita used, it came in perfect condition minus the one scratch on the screen protector that it came with(The P4G one). However, me, dumbass extraordinaire, decided that it sounded like a good idea to lug my Vita around in my pocket thanks to the screen protector. Now the screen protector's got two new scratches in a couple of hours' time.

I want to replace the screen protector and get the best thing that I possibly can, the more scratch resistant the better. What would you guys recommend?

well for starters the P4G skin is not a screen protector... the original packaging said so many times on it :p It's just merely a skin that also covers the screen (and will work as a light screen protector)

second i believe the actual screen protector of choice in here is the hori one.

Don't have twitter but please, please, PLEASE, answer EVERYONE. Type 0, Ore no Shikabane 2, Tales of..., Trails Zero Evolution, Demon Gaze, Monster Monpiece.

I refuse.... I would rather put
I would buy.... pretty much all of them... that aren't digital only ports of ps3 games with no extra content #jrpgvita

because I would buy them all... if totori had a physical release I would have bought that day 1... since it didn't I am waiting for it to hit $20 or so.

Got this PR email because I did a review of the Vita version.

Basically "fuck you vita and ps3 for making this a top seller for months, exclusive mode for the 3ds!!!"

N9Zb6bz.png

antibolo

Banned

Basically "fuck you vita and ps3 for making this a top seller for months, exclusive mode for the 3ds!!!"

There's not much to be angry about here, it's pretty usual for a late port to include new features to make up for the delay.

AFAIK, the 3DS release is a separately developed game from a different developer, which is also coming to iOS and Android. Not sure if this is something to be upset over.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

N9Zb6bz.png

Late ports, especially on vita, always have something exclusive, so it's nothing new.
It's an old little game, not a big exclusive AAA game, so i would not complain too much.

I thought about this while talking about Respawn's new game.

IF Activision was to bring more COD games to Vita, would you prefer COD:Ghosts original spin off, like COD:D, but better, developed maybe by gameloft or somebody or would you prefer a COD4, COD:MW2 port?

I would much prefer the latter. COD4 would be instant addiction on vita, just like it was on PS3.

Yeah I guess I should wait to see the game before getting mad. I have a 3DS if that version with the track editor is great... but double dipping sucks. Developers like CDPR add all the new content to their exists platforms when they port to new ones... but I guess not everyone is as cool as CDPR. Or really, most aren't.

I want DLC for the freaking game. I really enjoyed it.

IF Activision was to bring more COD games to Vita, would you prefer COD:Ghosts original spin off, like COD:D, but better, developed maybe by gameloft or somebody or would you prefer a COD4, COD:MW2 port?

I would much prefer the latter. COD4 would be instant addiction on vita, just like it was on PS3.
Well, for starters I definitely wouldn't want anything from Gameloft, haha. The latter would be preferable.

If we got another COD on Vita, it'd probably just be a stripped down port of Ghosts, though.

zulux21

I'd like to see a completely different spin off, maybe a loot based gun game like borderlands just with a COD skin... of course I don't even remotely like COD and I like borderlands so I am not even remotely the best person to ask what COD game would you like to see on the vita lol.

PS: I still don't want to see borderlands 2 ported to the vita.. I'd much rather just see that claptrap platformer they were talking about for the wii a few years ago on the vita instead even if it sucked.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So

SCE Europe ask people about Japanese RPG.

SCE Japan don't make or publish JRPG, just MonHun clones no one want or care about.

this is weird.

So

SCE Europe ask people about Japanese RPG.

SCE Japan don't make or publish JRPG, just MonHun clones no one want or care about.

this is weird.
Maybe Shahid's moving up in the world and he's in charge of strategic content at SCEJ as well, haha.

The best (only?) thing that will come out of this is probably localisations of already released JRPGs, I guess.

Tomodachi

Maybe Shahid's moving up in the world and he's in charge of strategic content at SCEJ as well, haha.

The best (only?) thing that will come out of this is probably localisations of already released JRPGs, I guess.

But... which ones? Not a lot of JRPGs to translate, even in Japan... Is Shahid trolling us or what? :/

Top Bottom