• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O'Brien reviews Resident Evil 6

I'm not gonna lie, this video really killed some of the hype of this game for me.

It pretty much guarantees that I'm not going to get this one Day 1 like I originally planned. Will wait until it's less than $30 on Steam.

SmithnCo

What is the actual purpose of the Thank and Praise commands?

Probably for getting a lame trophy like RE5. >_>

I'll probably wait to get this one. It isn't hooking me like even RE5 did. The only thing I'm kinda excited about is Mercs but it probably plays a lot differently.

Yeah, it looks absolutely fucking terrible. It reminds me of those really shitty Japanese games that give you half-assed "emotions" to select. And then you do some stupid animation like jumping with your fist in the air.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Apparently there is a sort of partner meta-game where if you praise your partner and give commands they agree with, they'll perform better, and if you keep scolding them and giving them commands they disagree with, they'll get disheartened and perform worse.

Mind you I heard this from a Gaffer not the devs themselves, but that's all I've heard on the subject.

Grinchy

Banned
This was hilarious. I love watching Conan do these.

The part where he finds out the president is a zombie and asks how many citizens are zombies because it would determine whether he gets re-elected killed me. And yeah, based on this video, the game actually doesn't look so hot.

Grakl

Apparently there is a sort of partner meta-game where if you praise your partner and give commands they agree with, they'll perform better, and if you keep scolding them and giving them commands they disagree with, they'll get disheartened and perform worse.

Mind you I heard this from a Gaffer not the devs themselves, but that's all I've heard on the subject.

I'll just forever scold them and see what happens.

SmithnCo

So why would you ever scold them? lol

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Yeah they're crawling out of the woodwork. Back to the demo thread we go.
"Crawling out of the woodwork" is an interesting way to describe people posting in a funny video thread.

Can't wait to see what conan does next. These are hilarious. It would be amazing to see him play Deadly Premonition. Doesn't seem like he plays these games for too long though, just enough for 10 minutes of good jokes. He'd never get to sinners sandwich. :lol

big_z

the arm animation is so bad it's amazing. im going to spam the shit out of it in co-op.

the screen tearing is awful wtf capcom. conans complaints about the game i pretty much agree with as well.

I didn't know this was Kinect compatible.

Good lord, I hope that screen tearing isn't final. Scratch that, I hope none of that is final.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Guys there's tearing because he's playing the two demos, not the final game .. watch the later half with the new areas not from the dragons dogma demo. No tearing there.

The demo on 18th will be a good indicator.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
There was a poster in the demo thread that played the 360 version and said there was no tearing. It wat really bad in the Dragon's Dogma demo so it's relieving to hear that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Guys there's tearing because he's playing the two demos, not the final game .. watch the later half with the new areas not from the dragons dogma demo. No tearing there.

The demo on 18th will be a good indicator.

But the demo on the 18th will be the Comic-Don demo as I was explaining earlier... Which is what he's playing here. A couple of people who have played the final version of the game have commented there's no screen tearing in the final 360 version, or at least little enough they didn't notice it. Don't know how true/untrue it is but what we have to go by.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
But the demo on the 18th will be the Comic-Don demo as I was explaining earlier... Which is what he's playing here.

Right, that demo had reduced tearing down to a bare minimum when we saw it played by the Capcom devs. If they've optimized it even further since that build for the final game that would be even better.

Top Bottom