• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita 1.65 FW coming soon

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
FW out now

Sort of stealthy updates:

-Near updates at any time instead of every 60 mins.
-Turning off notifications turns off ALL notifications including trophy pop ups
-Background downloading now works when you manually go in sleep mode
-Percentage bar when installing a game

Did this when I downloaded this mini.

Also did it just now when I put this game in for the first time.

6894940696_a38a26f578_b.jpg

----

By coming soon, it usually means in a couple hours. Usually.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/02/ps-vita-system-software-update-v1-65/

Hi, everyone. The next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.65) will be released soon and will include the following minor enhancements:

-A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
-“After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
-An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
-Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard

Don’t forget: there are several ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:

Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.

Fuck yes turning off notifications

What a fucking terrible update. Surely these could have been folded into a better one.

PlayStation Home

Get on it Sony.

Cookie18

Eh, there's nothing that I'm bothered about in this one. The notifications don't really bother me.

Here's hoping the next update includes PS1 support.

How dare Sony update firmware on one of their hardware devices? Fucking bullshit.

I never said they shouldn't do it, I'd just rather the updates be more meaningful. Adding a few new settings isn't worth it IMO. If they'd added some more functionality/apps etc then yes, stick these in there with them.

Twinduct

Hoping for the following sooner (than later):
- New Feature: Folders added to the home screen
- Bug fix: Downloads continue if manually set to sleep.
- Bug fix: Vita unit won't go into sleep mode whilst playing a game (and plugged in etc).
- Feature fix: Power budget will be disabled when plugged in.

They need to fix the damn friends list!

I have close to 100 friends, and it doesn't consistently stay on throughout every single game. I understand that some games force it OFF (which is annoying enough), but if the game allows friends lists to be ON, then I would like my friends list to be up to date whenever I move over to the friends app.

As it stands now, every single time I go into the friends app it has to log back in with an annoying wait screen, then my friends list seemingly refreshes for ages and never settles...I see friends cycling on and offline and it is VERY annoying.

Fix this SHIT!

I should also be able to see friends that are active on the Vita on my PS3. How the hell can the Vita be a connected device with so many bugs and problems? PSN is not a seamless service across multiple devices.

CLEEK

I assume this the the April firmware that also increases PSP game and Minis comparability.

I could be playing PixelJunk Monsters on my train ride tomorrow!

B.O.O.M

I don't understand why people are complaining. There are things that definitely needs to be added to vita soon such as PS1 support but this despite being a small update addresses some annoyances that I'm glad to see being get rid off so soon after launch.

CLEEK

So it looks like Sony is carrying over their ps3 tradition of hundreds of useless updates over to the vita.

The first 6 months or so after the Western PS3 launch was a glorious time for Firmware updates, as so many little, and a few big things got added.

If this update just increased PSP compatibility, then it would be a good one.

frequency

I don't understand why people are complaining. There are things that definitely needs to be added to vita soon such as PS1 support but this despite being a small update addresses some annoyances that I'm glad to see being get rid off so soon after launch.

Yes. I agree.
I guess I was pretty pessimistic. I didn't expect any of these things, except maybe notifications, to get fixed any time in the near future.

MrPliskin

Banned

Because their priorities aren't in order. These are things that are present in the PS3, and Sony should have had the foresight to include such features out of the gate. It reeks of the PS3's situation all over again (basically a bunch of guys who don't know what they are doing).

The music player doesn't support playlists...it's disappointing, to say the least.

I assume this the the April firmware that also increases PSP game and Minis comparability.

I could be playing PixelJunk Monsters on my train ride tomorrow!

Please let this be true! I need my Victory Road with dual analog shooting!

Agent X

Caps Lock is a welcome addition. I was surprised by its absence when I first tried using the PS Vita onscreen keyboard.

B.O.O.M

Because their priorities aren't in order. These are things that are present in the PS3, and Sony should have had the foresight to include such features out of the gate. It reeks of the PS3's situation all over again (basically a bunch of guys who don't know what they are doing).

The music player doesn't support playlists...it's disappointing, to say the least.

Well the things included in this update are small and must be rather easy to fix than compared to something like PS1 support.

However I did not know (haven't used it yet tbh) the playlist problem in the music player. That kind of thing definitely should have been included with this update.

androvsky

Gemüsepizza;36594217 said:
Unlikely. Microsoft bought Skype a while ago afaik.
edit: Okay, as I recall, Sony kept confirming a Skype app after MS bought Skype.
Stealth updates should include more PSP titles playable. PJMonsters Deluxe included :)
Never understood why Sony wouldn't just come out and say there's more PSP games working now. Are they trying to pretend they all work so fence-sitters who don't know much about the system but read the firmware update notes won't be scared off?

Brannon

Holy shit in a chapel Batman, how bout some goddamned Youtube? Or something? Why does my piddly iPhone 3G have Youtube and my Vita doesn't? Why does my PSP have Youtube and my Vita doesn't. Why is the Netflix app so shit? GAAAAH!!

What the hell Sony. It's 2012. Fuck you. What the fuck.

entremet

Holy shit in a chapel Batman, how bout some goddamned Youtube? Or something? Why does my piddly iPhone 3G have Youtube and my Vita doesn't? Why does my PSP have Youtube and my Vita doesn't. Why is the Netflix app so shit? GAAAAH!!

Sony's classic weakness. They not a software company and it shows.

/wait until E3

:-(

What's wrong with the Netflix app? Sure, it's a little pokey, but it seems pretty good.

Pretty much all Netflix apps are not that great, I can't stand using it outside the PC site. Most of those things will probably be an app download, not a system update.

I hope that those are the new additions, but they also fixed some errors.

For example, the PS+ Minis not working, or near giving the "an error has ocurred". I can't connect to near since 10 days ago, and I'm not making a new restore settings until I know that the bug is fixed.

Raine

I never said they shouldn't do it, I'd just rather the updates be more meaningful. Adding a few new settings isn't worth it IMO. If they'd added some more functionality/apps etc then yes, stick these in there with them.

It's worth it to me. I don't care how many updates there are as long as they're adding useful features every time.

And why would YouTube be in the firmware update? Wouldn't that just be an app?

Top Bottom