• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Might Be The Most Broken Game From a Major Publisher in Some Time GIF HEAVY

mas8705

93p9KD0.gif

Ever been slammed to the floor so hard that it propels you out of the parking lot and towards the backstage area?

Universe mode just booked this for the Wrestlemania main event between Kevin Nash and Roman Reigns.

Look, I get it, no-one wants to see that match, but this is over the top.

Didn't even realise there was no ref in the ring until I went for the pin and it just picked him up instead.

How does one win this type of match...?

I picked the game up yesterday and played 5 or 6 hours of the Career mode. I haven't seen any crazy busted glitches yet, and the changes to Career mode are actually pretty great in some ways. My only complaints are having so many items locked behind loot crates, and the loading times. MY GOD the loading times... they are brutal.

I skipped out of last years game so it's been a while since I played a WWE game and honestly I'm having a lot of fun with 2K18.

Hasney

Think I figured out that no win condition bug. The Royal Rumble winner 2 years in a row has won a title shot at both belts, so has 2 matches (The reason that didn't show in the video is that I cashed in MITB with Christian on Orton). Going to find out if it affects both title matches this time, or just the second one which has been the Universal title both times.

EDIT: Both matches worked this time, but it's still a bug that the Royal Rumble winner faces both champions at Mania

yyr

You don't, you quit out and simulate the match instead.

Holy shit, I looked at that screenshot for a solid minute, went over it 2 or 3 times trying to figure out the victory condition, couldn't find one...figured I probably was just missing something.

Seriously?! Like, wtf?!??

Bakercat

The gif's look more entertaining then anything I've seen of the product for the past couple of years. I don't know half the dudes in the gif's aswell. Makes me so sad that I can't even enjoy one of my favorite hobbies anymore thanks to shit booking and presentation.

Gator86

Has nothing to do with no competition, this is flatout incompetence with bug-checking and fixing collision.

I'm not sure you can disentangle those as easily as you imply. Lack of competition is likely one of the factors that facilitates an abandonment of QA. In a genre with sufficient competition, you couldn't shit out trash like this year after year and survive.

Yet the community continues to buy these games in droves.

I know in the past part of what it's been for me is that while they're ugly games they're still the best looking wrestling games in terms of presentation, some of the more feature rich wrestling games, and I say I'm not going to buy one of these games and then I see Razor Ramon, old school HBK, old school Steve Austin and I go "maybe I should buy this one" which I then immediately regret. Gameplay-wise my core issue with this series is the massive input delay and terrible core grappling.

Dueck

Banned
This is pretty amusing, but I really wish they’d overhaul it with AKI (if they even still exist). It’s laughable how often you hear “even more of a simulation” from 2K every year, and then people seem to always be unimpressed. Maybe take a new direction...

I’m unsure if I should bite or not. I really want to in spite of all this, but I skipped 2k17 and ultimately didn’t miss it once the launch hype faded. The most temping part is that I have enough in my MS wallet.

Honestly, if the core gameplay was exactly the same but extremely polished and no glitches I think it may be worse. The new legacy streams murder me.

cordy

Banned
Apparently Cruiserweights aren't getting any royalties off this game.

Fuck. After everything I'm glad I didn't purchase this shit.

Apparently Cruiserweights aren't getting any royalties off this game.

Fuck. After everything I'm glad I didn't purchase this shit.

The source on that rumor is a site that has a less than stellar reporting record, so I would take it with a huge grain of salt.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I know in the past part of what it's been for me is that while they're ugly games they're still the best looking wrestling games in terms of presentation, some of the more feature rich wrestling games, and I say I'm not going to buy one of these games and then I see Razor Ramon, old school HBK, old school Steve Austin and I go "maybe I should buy this one" which I then immediately regret. Gameplay-wise my core issue with this series is the massive input delay and terrible core grappling.
give up 3d graphics and buy fire pro world on steam, an actually good wrestling game for $20

m29a

Neo Member
The problem with these bug compilations is that it can be deceiving. It makes you think it happens very often and everyone experiences it, which I highly doubt is the case. I'm not talking small bugs, but the big ones in the gifs.

But needless to say, it should of been polished up more before release.

FyreWulff

Why can they still not do faces right

a fucking TNA game from 2008 is the still the only wrestling game that has correct face modeling, on the goddamn 360

L5KHowy.png

2k18

gu2gngb.png

Hasney

The problem with these bug compilations is that it can be deceiving. It makes you think it happens very often and everyone experiences it, which I highly doubt is the case. I'm not talking small bugs, but the big ones in the gifs.

But needless to say, it should of been polished up more before release.

Other than the one going through the top of the cell and the Big Show glitched in a cage, all of them are reproducable by anybody through normal gameplay, including the ones i've added in the thread and the cage one above (done by punching someone who is doing a money shot pose on the top rope).

There's even more, like every single Royal Rumble in MyCareer having glitched cutscenes that means if you're not involved, the camera doesn't look at you and when the CPU does a wake up taunt from the top rope, they'll jet get down.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
these games always look like such trash. The way people interact they don't look like they've changed at all since the PS2.

I would probably buy a wrestling game if someone competent made it.

I feel fairly confident in saying that quite literally every mid-tier or above developer on the planet with a pulse could make a better wrestling game than Yukes.

Top Bottom