• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trailer (the real one) [Up: Roll Call video]

Tawpgun

Watching the Roll Call video.

"Everyone's been wondering what the studio's up to"
"You've been working on a secret project..."

lol.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
And the masses go crazy again for the series. I don't know if I will be on board but best of luck as it's going to sell anyways.

AppleMIX

I'm done with COD but I will give them props for at least trying something different.

Will still buy Future Solder

still got that trademark COD washed out visuals

i like the future setting though, that should be fun. whats this about zombies i hear?

ReaperXL7

if it's Solid, I might buy it on Vita. Highly depends on what else is available though as I have not bought a COD since Modern Warfare. Future setting has me slightly interested though.

Dragnet

Haven't bought a CoD since MW2, and haven't truly enjoyed one since CoD4. This is the first time I've been genuinely interested so fair play to Treyarch, will be fun to see what they do...in the future.

pakkit

Banned
Looks like Homefront mixed with Future Soldier mixed with COD.

Kind of interested I guess, but my god, that monologue over the trailer was so cliched it hurt.

HoodWinked

theres a pretty simple explanation to the horses.

just because america is technologically advanced doesnt mean the other nations are, the world isnt going to kill off all the horses.

Mikey Jr.

Ok, I really HAVE NOT given a flying fuck about Call of Duty since Modern Warfare 2.

Having said that, that trailer actually looked......good. Like, it has me interested.

The fuck?

I really got into the whole cold war/60's thing from the first one, and was really looking forward to a sequel where you go rescue Woods like in Rambo or something.

This is like a totally separate game with the Black Ops name tacked on. What the hell?!

Treyarch has outclassed IW since World at War! I really like the setting but damn that engine looks like shit.

Day one :(

The last game Infinity Ward made was Modern Warfare 2. And I would guess that the studio wasn't doing too good at that point with the separation from Activision brewing.

Respawn Studios should be showing off what they've been working on sometime soon. Hopefully this E3.

The game is only set 13 years from now. Horses won't go extinct in that time ><

I would assume they are riding horses due to not being able to use their own machines. Probably some far fetched scenario was put together where they didnt have any access to any normal non-military vehicles.

I just saw the end of a Black Ops 2 commercial on Conan just now.

I missed most of it because I was channel surfing, so I don't know what they showed besides the teaser poster.

Why have commercials so early?

saunderez

I would assume they are riding horses due to not being able to use their own machines. Probably some far fetched scenario was put together where they didnt have any access to any normal non-military vehicles.

How about some crazy EMP taking out even hardened military vehicles? Doesn't need to be far fetched at all, if you're relying on technology an EMP will be devastating.

This is why I'm hoping the Wii U comes with a Wii remote (an option all Wii U owners will have in addition to the table controller (possibilities for with a FPS just makes me excited)) or at the least Treyarch just ports over the Wii control scheme if this is on the Wii U. They have a lot of experience with it by now and it wouldn't be hard at all for them to do.

Well, it looks like it's my lucky day. Treyarch just stealthily confirmed a Wii version:

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/forums?view=disscussions

They opened up a Wii section in their Black Ops 2 forums.

Well, this looks like its gonna be fun. Goofy in some ways, awesome in others.

But damn the engine looks dated... CoD games usually look better than this. =/

on another note I love this pistol design:

YheVl.jpg

I'm going to wait on the community's opinion on the maps. Black Ops was damn fun, but MW3 had horrible maps that really turned me off from the entire game.

For what it's worth the trailer looked a lot better graphically on the TNT broadcast.

That being said it still looks outdated as shit... Like really bad.. Oh well can't wait.

Mikey Jr.

For what it's worth the trailer looked a lot better graphically on the TNT broadcast.

That being said it still looks outdated as shit... Like really bad.. Oh well can't wait.

MW3 sold like 9 million copies.

No one gives a fuck about graphics, lol.

I think Call of Duty is a known quantity by now. 600p resolution at 60 fps with assy graphics.

Effect

Well, it looks like it's my lucky day. Treyarch just stealthily confirmed a Wii version:

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/forums?view=disscussions

They opened up a Wii section in their Black Ops 2 forums.

Nice. I'm still impressed by how Treyarch has supported the Wii. I'll be honest it's part of why I ended up enjoying Black Ops 1 so much. To the point to double dip on the PC version after playing the Wii version (and still going back to it from time to time). I just hope that section changes or something is added to when we get to June 5th.

hamchan

That was an inelegant hodgepodge of elements from other, more inspired games. Namely, DE:HR and Uncharted 3.

If DE:HR is allowed to take from cyberpunk films, and UC3 is allowed to take from action-adventure films, then I don't see why CoD can't take from both.

Top Bottom