• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that you *think* only you on GAF have played

Gilgamesh

qV6qX.jpg

This game was so awesome when I was a kid.

vazel

Banned
I've played a lot of obscure PC titles who's names I can't even remember. Especially some of the edutainment titles during my early IBM PC days.

Teknoman

Played it.

And Kickle Cubicle.

Honestly, if it was on NES or Game Boy, chances are someone here played it. You gotta reach back to the Wild West of old PC and 8-bit computer games.

I could probably pick any number of random cracked Atari 800 games we had growing up, but I'll go with Action Quest, because it was one of my favorite games back then (and it was legit published):

action_quest_jv_d7.jpg

action_quest_2.gif

You were a ghost who could transform into a gun, and your goal in each room was basically to collect a treasure and escape. But each room was a different abstract puzzle--half the game was just figuring out what you were supposed to do in each room. Oh and you had about ten or fifteen seconds to do so before you faded out of existence.

Though it is a much more deliberate game (and no music), Action Quest also has a very similar mise en scene to VVVVVV.

In that case I probably cant pull anything out of my history. My first game was Mario Bros/Duck Hunt on NES :p.

Unless...
snes-adventures-of-dr-franken-the-box-front.jpg

XYRpX.jpg

The first game I ever owned. I remember being disappointed that it wasn't like the SNES bombermans with multiplayer,but I grew with the gameplay.

Astra

I've probably played tons of obscure titles back in the 8-bit days, but I'll never be able to remember the names.

Something a bit more recent that I never saw mentioned (probably because it wasn't good0:

Darkened_Skye_Coverart.png

Something to do with Skittles and stuff...

PKrockin

Not mega-obscure, but my picks:
Pepper's Adventures in Time

(this game bombed, I believe, plus it was basically for young girls, which makes it not GAF's normal taste)

Just replayed that some months ago. Amazingly despite it including such concepts as time traveling and a hippie Ben Franklin it makes the most sense of any Sierra adventure game I've played.

XYRpX.jpg

The first game I ever owned. I remember being disappointed that it wasn't like the SNES bombermans with multiplayer,but I grew with the gameplay.

Played that one when I was a kid, and was kind of disappointed with it too.

iammeiam

I've probably played tons of obscure titles back in the 8-bit days, but I'll never be able to remember the names.

Something a bit more recent that I never saw mentioned (probably because it wasn't good0:

Darkened_Skye_Coverart.png

Something to do with Skittles and stuff...

I've played that! Mostly because how do you not try out "Skittles: The Game"?

Just replayed that some months ago. Amazingly despite it including such concepts as time traveling and a hippie Ben Franklin it makes the most sense of any Sierra adventure game I've played.

I really remember enjoying it, it just never comes up (everyone remembers EcoQuest and Willie Beamish for kiddie-aimed Sierra.) So you have good taste.

Clockwork

Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu is probably the most obscure console game I've ever played. Not sure if it's truly obscure, but I've never seen it again :D

I remember renting that back when I young (I'm 31 now).

I was thrown off by the odd cartridge design and the fact that it wasn't licenses by Nintendo. Even worse was that I actually didn't get to play it because it wouldn't work in my NES for some reason.

I ended up taking it back and renting The Magic of Scheherazade. I really enjoyed that game.

Silent_Bomber_Coverart.png

256px-Ironsword_cover.png

I'm sure someone has, but I'm the only one in my extended circle of friends that played these thoroughly, and I still own Ironsword.

btkadams

Heart of Darkness - PC/PS1 (as far as i know)
I have never met anyone who has heard of it, let alone played it. It was really fucking hard for me! I never beat it. The intro was really cool. I hope someone on GAF has played it, because then I won't feel so alone.

69CsO.jpg

hdRzj.jpg

mSVJ6.jpg

cUmaq.jpg

here's the intro

ghibli99

I know I'm not the only one, but from what I can remember, I either get crickets or just see a couple responses when these get mentioned:

Target Earth (Genesis)
One of the most difficult games ever, but it had a fantastic ending if you could actually make it there. Horrible box art and it came with a black & white cartridge label. :p

Wrath of Denethenor (Apple)
This was a bit of an Ultima clone, but I remember one of the coolest things it did was do a light show on the Apple disk drives on the title screen. It was pretty slick.

Most of.you will have claimed to play River City Ransom when it first came out but you really didn't. I did...I remember blind picking the game because of the box on my birthday..

Tain

uhhh

952077_110073_front6zbfs.jpg

Maybe Genocide Square? I don't know. Dr. Kick in Adventure? Lup Salad? Zyclunt?

I know I'm not the only one, but from what I can remember, I either get crickets or just see a couple responses when these get mentioned:

Target Earth (Genesis)

One of the most difficult games ever, but it had a fantastic ending if you could actually make it there. Horrible box art and it came with a black & white cartridge label. :p

The hideous card might have pushed me to get the Japanese version, lol. I'd like to beat it some day.

Clockwork

Heart of Darkness - PC/PS1 (as far as i know)
I have never met anyone who has heard of it, let alone played it. It was really fucking hard for me! I never beat it. The intro was really cool. I hope someone on GAF has played it, because then I won't feel so alone.

I'm sure people have. It wasn't that obscure.

Next Generation had a huge article about it back in the day.

I'm glad to see a few people who know about GNOME, I'm the only one of my friends who has heard of or played the thing. I'm gonna throw another one out there, I'm pretty sure SOMEONE has played this game.
Stgx8.jpg

I've mentioned it in a few threads here but no one has ever acknowledged. If you had Sega Channel you've played this game!

Atomski

People probably have played this but not many.
unirally.jpg

Lovvveeddd it on the snes.

Now actual games people havent played.. I played a bunch of obscure japanese arcade games back in the day that I cant even remember the name of :(.

PKrockin

I would post some old PC games but I can't remember their names for the life of me. Battle Arena Toshinden on the Gameboy is the most obscure one I can remember, but at least two other GAFers have played (and loved) it too.

ZZMitch

Lux Delux, a multiplayer risk game on PC.

Many hours were lost to this game back in high school.
lux-delux-61.jpg

Most of those hours were spent on this map
shot_197710578.jpg

Top Bottom