• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

fernoca

Speaking of Gamestop, is there a reason their memory cards cost $5 more than MSRP? Are they just being dicks?
Just the 4GB and 8GB cards it seems. Guess is their way to "force" people into buying the bigger ones. (16GB and 32GB are $59.99 and $99.99)

Reallink

So wait, Wifi was effectively $229 ($20 GC) at Target with a 4GB MC at one point? How in the fuck did I miss this and why wasn't it plastered on the front of SD?

- J - D -

These darn retailers and their b2g1 caveats. Target might not stock all games, Gamestop only offering the deal on 1st party titles.

Come on.

Why isn't anyone mentioning Lockerz? I got my 16gb card there for $45 and Uncharted for $35.

So wait, Wifi was effectively $229 ($20 GC) at Target with a 4GB MC at one point? How in the fuck did I miss this and why wasn't it plastered on the front of SD?

The $20 GC was known. The free 4GB card was a more recent development cuz it's in tomorrow's ad.

Anyone want to pimp my current pre-order.

I got:

Vita 3g on Amazon (8 gb memory, month of 3g, Super Star Dust down the road) $300
Hot Shots Golf $30
Wipeout 2048 $30
Then I bough a $20 official case, and now I plan on buying Lumines off the store seeing the great reviews. Seems like one to have with you at all times.

Total is $415 without sales tax.

So what could I have done with these deals in light of what I purchased? How much could I have saved considering sales tax in my state is 6%?

Weenerz

Banned
Can't wait to see Amazon price match the B2G1 and it being;

Little Deviants
Asphalt Injection
Reality Fighters
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

Soi-Fong

Can't wait to see Amazon price match the B2G1 and it being;

Little Deviants
Asphalt Injection
Reality Fighters
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

That would suck balls. The Target B2G1 deal is starting to look iffy for me as I didn't see any FIFA copies when I went today. :(

Anyone want to pimp my current pre-order.

I got:

Vita 3g on Amazon (8 gb memory, month of 3g, Super Star Dust down the road) $300
Hot Shots Golf $30
Wipeout 2048 $30
Then I bough a $20 official case, and now I plan on buying Lumines off the store seeing the great reviews. Seems like one to have with you at all times.

Total is $415 without sales tax.

So what could I have done with these deals in light of what I purchased? How much could I have saved considering sales tax in my state is 6%?

Only difference you could have done is either get the official case and Lumines at Toys R Us, or hoped that Lumines is at Target and got Hot Shots Golf and Wipeout with the B2G1. Target would have saved you $12.20 ($16.44 if you have a Target card), and Toys R Us would have saved you $14.60.

yencid

I finished preordering my vita with the trade in special gamestop had for valentines day. Traded in Skyrim and mario 3D land and got 55 in credit out of that.

But that only went on till the 14th.

MrMephistoX

Grr I'm seriously considering returning Hot Shots and my 8 GB card to Amazon and going for the TRU deal. Planning on getting unCharted anyway and getting a 16 GB + $20 off a PSN game (by buying a points card) seems like too good a deal to pass up. Hell they might even price match this at Best Buy if you bring in the AD. What a pain.

Goretrail

So Gamestop is a no go for me, already got Uncharted from Lockerz for thiry-something, and only other 1st party title I want is Hot Shots. I also have zero faith in my Target to get the games out anytime soon, I talked to one of the guys in electronics and he said they hadn't even gotten any games in yet. Add to that the possible no UBi games thing, really want Rayman...

So really keeping my fingers crossed for Amazon like most of you seem to be doing... I might just sit tight with my PSN downloads and Uncharted whenever Lockerz ships it if none of these B2G1 sales pan out. Probably for the best for me on the wallet front, lol.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The three games I want from Target on their B2G1 (which is the only reason I'm picking up my Vita) are Lumines, Rayman, and Ninja Gaiden.

Am I SOL? That's a huge determining factor for me. =/

The three games I want from Target on their B2G1 (which is the only reason I'm picking up my Vita) are Lumines, Rayman, and Ninja Gaiden.

Am I SOL? That's a huge determining factor for me. =/

Really depends on if Target is stocking Lumines and Rayman. Ninja Gaiden is confirmed to be at Target though.

Toki767

That Gamestop deal is disappointing in that there aren't 3 titles at $39.99 or 3 titles at $29.99. So you don't end up maximizing the discount of the deal.

Mrbob

Really depends on if Target is stocking Lumines and Rayman. Ninja Gaiden is confirmed to be at Target though.

I'm hoping Target gets Rayman. At my local Target they had an empty marked slot for Dynasty Warriors Next to the side of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. I'd like to get those 3 games in the B2G1 free promo.

Eusis

Man, that GameStop deal wouldn't look too bad if Wipeout and HSG weren't $30 on Amazon earlier, and HSG STILL is. Well, and the fact this happened after the games came out, maybe if these were still in pre-order limbo it'd be easy to trash them and go with GameStop, but even then it'd be more practical to get the $30 ones on Amazon then some other stuff that everyone has for $40+.

bunbun777

Looks like Amazon is temporarily out of stock of 8 GB memory cards.

Think I am going to hit up Target for the free card- was going to go with a 8 myself but it is possible I may just return the 4 and get the 8 for 10 bucks more.

Looks like Amazon is temporarily out of stock of 8 GB memory cards.

Think I am going to hit up Target for the free card- was going to go with a 8 myself but it is possible I may just return the 4 and get the 8 for 10 bucks more.

If you're getting an 8GB card, why not just get a 3G bundle?

rockx4

I don't even know what is lockerz.

They have a "watch short videos and get points" thing, and you use the points for discounts on items. I preordered the 3G Vita for $240, with some accessories for about 25-30% off each. I think 32GB was $70 after discount.

PlayStation Vita Deals Thread of Why You Don't Preorder

But all the deals you mentioned are in effect even before the system is out. You could always cancel your pre-order, and get one of the deals you mentioned (except FEB buyers, but that was stupid in itself).

Also, can't wait when everyone will continue to cry "expensive memory cards DUH!" even though you can get the memory card free with majority of deals.

I keep going back and forth on wanting a Vita... I personally think it'll have a price drop not too long after launch which is why I'm an uncertain buyer. These deals are tempting me though since I want to play Uncharted...

Well I for sure will not use 3G- and that would be 300 versus 260 (assuming I upgrade to the 8) unless I am missing something? That's like a whole game! /cheap

It's $280 vs $300. For $20 more you get a free month of 3G service, Super Stardust, and better future proofing by having the GPS built in. Technically you save $20 with WiFi, but I think the benefits offset that $20 easily.

But all the deals you mentioned are in effect even before the system is out. You could always cancel your pre-order, and get one of the deals you mentioned (except FEB buyers, but that was stupid in itself).

Also, can't wait when everyone will continue to cry "expensive memory cards DUH!" even though you can get the memory card free with majority of deals.

A lot of games already shipped to people though because they preordered and many already picked up games.

Kiyo

It's $280 vs $300. For $20 more you get a free month of 3G service, Super Stardust, and better future proofing by having the GPS built in. Technically you save $20 with WiFi, but I think the benefits offset that $20 easily.

A lot of games already shipped to people though because they preordered and many already picked up games.

It's actually $35 more since you have to buy a month of 3g and then wait a month before you get SSD. For people who won't ever use 3G and want to play SSD the first week they have their Vita, the Wifi version is better.

OP, you need to update your OP to include the lockerz deal.

There you get a 3G Vita with a 8gb memory card for $275 (or even for $250 if you watch a few videos to earn lockerz points). Thats the best deal IMO.

Thread title is burked. The reason a lot of people pre-ordered in the first place was because of the dealz. I'd have never gotten a Vita at launch if there wasn't the Amazon bundle offer around to save me about £50 in total.

Top Bottom