• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSchmitz

And now I have 0 quartz (f2p).
Zero 4* stars since mid-August, apart from my 6th copy Altera spooking me.

I just wanted SOMETHING, it didn't have to be Tamamo or Drake ffs, any 4 servant would have been fine after 2 months of rolling and getting absolutely nothing. Honestly, I just feel like quitting at this point.

Well, you had 6 SSR drops, thats more than most f2p had. Shame they were all dupes.

Shinypogs

Did he ever manage to get Tamamo on the current banner?

Not yet last I checked but he's also not pulling like crazy yet. Last night he was streaming farming hearts for hours and quitting each run if the demon didn't show. Gave his chat fits because he was using quartz for stamina refills.

chrono01

Have you considered simply using a LBed Dragon's Meridian ? Its a 3* CE that when LBed gives 50% NP charge at the start of the battle, which is only 10% worse than Imaginary Around which gives 60%. The only thing you are losing out from Princess is the 20% NP damage, which is nice but probably not a deal breaker. You can still instant NP with Waver (30 + 10 + 10), and its really easy to get if you are swimming in friend points. Party cost is cheap too.

I've been using it since I only have 1 Imaginary Around and it works great for general farming.
Thanks, nice idea. I might just do this later (after the event ends, anyway)!

EDarkness

I just wanted SOMETHING, it didn't have to be Tamamo or Drake ffs, any 4 servant would have been fine after 2 months of rolling and getting absolutely nothing. Honestly, I just feel like quitting at this point.

I feel your pain, man. I've been considering the same thing.

I put a lot of resources into this

DMnlYnHW0AALNE7.jpg

Zero regrets, best idol.

Kieli

I thought you got a medallion for getting more than 5 copies of some 5* servant which lets you choose any of the 5* servants in the pool. Or is this not the case?

Laiza

I thought you got a medallion for getting more than 5 copies of some 5* servant which lets you choose any of the 5* servants in the pool. Or is this not the case?
You need ten (count 'em - ten) of those medallions to get to pick up another 5* servant.

It's a pretty shite system honestly.

Mirado

I have two total SSRs. I'll take a third of your Altera's, please. :D

(I do have a few nice 4* stars, though, including Herc and SAlter, so I can't complain. The devastation will hit if I can't pull Scathach, who I may whale for.)

chrono01

I need 13 more pumpkin for my last Maid CE. I'm not sure if I should just suck it up and reset the guerilla missions I have until they drop the pumpkins (which, if I count correctly, will give me the last 20 I need for that last Maid CE) or keep at farming 40AP hoping it get it to drop. With the latter I'm at least getting bats/other drops out of my spent AP, where if I reset the guerilla's I could potentially get nothing out of a full stamina bar...

We still have 11 days left, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm still paranoid though.

I need 13 more pumpkin for my last Maid CE. I'm not sure if I should just suck it up and reset the guerilla missions I have until they drop the pumpkins (which, if I count correctly, will give me the last 20 I need for that last Maid CE) or keep at farming 40AP hoping it get it to drop. With the latter I'm at least getting bats/other drops out of my spent AP, where if I reset the guerilla's I could potentially get nothing out of a full stamina bar...

We still have 11 days left, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm still paranoid though.

We are getting about 3 guerilla missions a day and 2 party quests. Thats already 130 AP out of the 288 natural AP regen being used. So there isn't much room for resetting. But this is also dependent on what other CEs you have. If your party is already full of event CEs even the 3* ones, I would just farm, but if you have open slots thats probably a bigger pro to resetting.

But yeah, I would roll FP gatcha to get 3* CE to fill up empty slots , then do 40 AP / Guerilla. 30 for the Princess drop is nice, but do remember its a worse rate than 5* SSR (heard its like 0.25%), so never count on getting a drop. If you really want to reset, probably better off farming now and resetting at Atalanta for CE

Also that final Lvl 80 Guerilla quest looks really really intimidating. What's everyone's plan to taking it out?

deanote666

Is there a guide for which quest drops which items for the event?

Lot's of 30AP quests...

Also, what's the benefit of leveling up CE?

Which ones are the guerilla missions?

Grazzt

Is there a guide for which quest drops which items for the event?

Lot's of 30AP quests...

Also, what's the benefit of leveling up CE?

Which ones are the guerilla missions?
30 AP ones are guerilla quests that could drop pumpkin head.
20 AP ones are party quests that reward you apples.
Leveling up CE boosts stats (atk and hp).

chrono01

We are getting about 3 guerilla missions a day and 2 party quests. Thats already 130 AP out of the 288 natural AP regen being used. So there isn't much room for resetting. But this is also dependent on what other CEs you have. If your party is already full of event CEs even the 3* ones, I would just farm, but if you have open slots thats probably a bigger pro to resetting.

But yeah, I would roll FP gatcha to get 3* CE to fill up empty slots , then do 40 AP / Guerilla. 30 for the Princess drop is nice, but do remember its a worse rate than 5* SSR (heard its like 0.25%), so never count on getting a drop. If you really want to reset, probably better off farming now and resetting at Atalanta for CE

Also that final Lvl 80 Guerilla quest looks really really intimidating. What's everyone's plan to taking it out?
All of my slots are full of Halloween CE, so I guess I'll take your suggestion and just farm the 40 AP for pumpkin then, and save the guerilla quests if I REALLY get desperate. I really do want to max LB the Halloween Princess CE, so if I need to spend a few Golden Apples resetting Atalante (if I don't get lucky with the 30 AP drops), then so be it!

As for the final guerilla mission, I haven't checked into it too much, but if all else fails...Command Spells! We really only need to do it once, after all.

All of my slots are full of Halloween CE, so I guess I'll take your suggestion and just farm the 40 AP for pumpkin then, and save the guerilla quests if I REALLY get desperate. I really do want to max LB the Halloween Princess CE, so if I need to spend a few Golden Apples resetting Atalante (if I don't get lucky with the 30 AP drops), then so be it!

As for the final guerilla mission, I haven't checked into it too much, but if all else fails...Command Spells! We really only need to do it once, after all.

Just do the guerilla as they come, there's supposedly 62 of them.

For the final one, 3 command spells might not be enough lol. Maybe I need to start leveling Ushiwakamaru to nuke.

Shinypogs

Question, I was using a friend Francis drake but couldn't use their np even though I have one. Is this because I don't have any bond points on mine yet or because I haven't done the story section she's from yet?

Speaking is francis aside from stealing some stars from Emiya from time to time she seems really neat.

The friend summon that's impressed me most though is a level 90 lancer cu chulainn with np5. Dude is a one man army and I'm always happy to bring him along when pumpkin farming.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
St. George, Heracles, and XiaNaphryz's NP3 Artoria in front. Jeanne, Mash, and something else (David?) in the back.

Question, I was using a friend Francis drake but couldn't use their np even though I have one. Is this because I don't have any bond points on mine yet or because I haven't done the story section she's from yet?
Are you sure you have them added as a friend? The support list also includes servants of strangers, and you can't use their NPs.

Sciel

Haven't really been following much of a schedule/guide for this event (since Ive been horrrlbly disinterested due to Tamamo salt) but I've basically gotten most of the items from the shop.

I think aside from monuments, I only have the following left:
1) Maid in Halloween x1
2) Crystallized Lore x 1
3) Reverse Dragon Scale x3
4) Homonculus Baby x 20
5) All the other random mats which I may or may not bother to claim.

Laiza

Totally forgot about logging on and I ruined my 117 login streak by 4 minutes.

I'm ready to puke.
How did you forget to login over a 24 hour period?

It's ingrained in me as a habit at this point, mostly because I'm kind of obsessed over spending my AP.

Strimei

Pretty sure 40ap dropping pumpkins is a myth because god my luck...

At this rate I'll have more bats drop from it than pumpkins.

Stenlock

Neo Member
I feel your pain, man. I've been considering the same thing.
I mean, every time I take I look at my friends list/reddit/Neogaf I see that pretty much everyone, on average, has at least two SSR, meanwhile here I am with no SR since mid-August and only one 5*
When I received that I realized that the game was just mocking me. You need frigging 10 of those.
I have two total SSRs. I'll take a third of your Altera's, please. :D

(I do have a few nice 4* stars, though, including Herc and SAlter, so I can't complain. The devastation will hit if I can't pull Scathach, who I may whale for.)
SAlter is pretty much the only servant I really care about in my roster, but she is in desperate need of her animation update.

Umbooki

How did you forget to login over a 24 hour period?

It's ingrained in me as a habit at this point, mostly because I'm kind of obsessed over spending my AP.
Spent too much brainpower on OPTC. I usually log into both at the same time, but I guess I was slippin.

Mupod

Huh, Sumanai gave me a Maid in Halloween. I'm gonna leave the last two CEs in the shop for a bit in case I get lucky again, I can't equip more than 3 due to cost restrictions anyhow.

I did pound out some exp dailies this morning since they still give me enough EXP that I can keep going due to level-ups, but that won't last forever. Just want to get Tamamo as high as I can - Herc and Tamacat are probably fine at 40 for now due to their growth curves.

I'm all caught up on guerilla/party quests now, gonna farm 30AP free quest for now I suppose.

Mirado

Medusa dropped a Princess CE, which has cut my future grind time down immensely. I probably get to save my apples now as I think I can avoid the Lunatic Party withdraw loop. Still need an assload of candles, though.

SAlter is pretty much the only servant I really care about in my roster, but she is in desperate need of her animation update.

I'm wondering what the strategy is behind that; there's plenty of animation updates that should be ready to go, but we keep getting the old versions, like with Drake. I assume they're going to put out a bunch of them in a big lump, because it seems crazy to space those out like they did in JP without the excuse of "we literally have to make them."

Been a good day for drops. Got all the ascension mats and Liz in the shop except for the cake one. 30 pumpkins left for the lore, 25 bats for the last Halloween Princess CE, I can start on the mats soon

Kenai

I think I am doing ok grind wise. Finally got a card drop last night, got the Crystal Lore, got all the Twinkle Candies, and got a few of the Reverse Scales and other mats. Still need 3 of the Elizabeth cards and most of the mats, and if I have time I'd like to get those 4* exp cards as well. Not sure how many of the monuments I will bother with, won't mess with the pieces at all unless I have nothing else to buy. i want to keep at least a handful of Gold Fruit for Guda.

Totally forgot about logging on and I ruined my 117 login streak by 4 minutes.

I'm ready to puke.

At least the long term login doesn't hard reset. You'll be forever behind by a day compared to other people, but only a day.

Dandte

Gaf i need a quick answer since reddit and all other sides are super confusing. I never watched the fate series. I knew what is all about, i knew this red haired guy and i thought since i like the game i should watch the anime...but how?

The net tells me to skip the 2006 version and start with 2015 fate stay night ubw and then fate/zero. But ubw makes references to earlier parts and rin talks about stuff she clearly knows but not me. Normally i like it when the protagonist knows more than me but atm it feels like i should rather watch fate/zero first? So what to do gaf?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
F/Z will give you only a bit of context for UBW, which has a ton of fanservice callbacks.

If you REALLY wanted to get into Fate, I'd start with the visual novel. The visual novel is also SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Mupod

Gaf i need a quick answer since reddit and all other sides are super confusing. I never watched the fate series. I knew what is all about, i knew this red haired guy and i thought since i like the game i should watch the anime...but how?

The net tells me to skip the 2006 version and start with 2015 fate stay night ubw and then fate/zero. But ubw makes references to earlier parts and rin talks about stuff she clearly knows but not me. Normally i like it when the protagonist knows more than me but atm it feels like i should rather watch fate/zero first? So what to do gaf?

I mean...whether this is the answer you want or not, you could just read the VN.

OVDRobo

It's a bit of a weird situation because of the numerous ways the source material has been adapted. The way you're watching it is good but ubw is a secondary (but very popular) route from the original visual novel and some details are skipped over both for brevity and because they assume that most people watching it are probably familiar with how things like Holy Grail Wars work at this point from existing exposure.

If you really want an entry-level experience you could play through the original Fate/Stay Night visual novel instead then watch the anime to see the same story with the much higher production values, though I wouldn't recommend it.

Just keep trekking along with your current plan as it's definitely the best way to experience the series. Wait for other adaptations like the Heaven's Feel movie for other routes or go back and play the visual novels afterwards to fill in the gaps.

Dandte

Thank you all! I guess i will follow the f/sn ubw -> f/0 route and then go for the vn (would be cool if an ios port exists).

Looks like fate can be enjoyed easily on the top but if wanted you can really dig in. (Already confused because i thought archer is called emiya but than the red haired guy (who i knew because from lousy animation gifs and his sweater) was also called emiya...)

Atm i‘m pretty sure i will enjoy this.

Mupod

Looks like fate can be enjoyed easily on the top but if wanted you can really dig in. (Already confused because i thought archer is called emiya but than the red haired guy (who i knew because from lousy animation gifs and his sweater) was also called emiya...)

L6lowMc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom