• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-posting for the new thread~

I got my first Ring of Royal Grandeur. Unfortunately it's not the most amazing rolls but still. It originally had Life on Hit, so I rerolled for +CD and got +43% on my first roll. I'm poor, so I decided to take it (and it was a pretty big boost for me even without both crit chance and crit damage!):

F6WeWcW.png

... Now if only I had a set to use it with.

Congrats. An RoRG is an RoRG and BIS no matter what the stats. Especially when you consider that people go hundreds or even thousands of bounties without getting one.

cdyhybrid

My monk is in a pretty good spot now, pretty much the only way I could get gear upgrades (for my current build anyway) would be to get better-rolled versions of the gear I'm already wearing.

What class should I try and gear up now? I have no preference so I'm open to all 5 :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Watching this and other threads, it really strikes me that there are very few viable items as you approach the end game. Everyone's posting and looking for the same very limited pool of loot.

Mumei

Congrats. An RoRG is an RoRG and BIS no matter what the stats. Especially when you consider that people go hundreds or even thousands of bounties without getting one.

I do so wish there was a glossary somewhere for these acronyms I don't know!

BIS?

dengatron

best in slot.

i've gotten 4 rorg but i'm still looking for that perfect roll. it matters when you're trying to push into higher and higher torments.

Watching this and other threads, it really strikes me that there are very few viable items as you approach the end game. Everyone's posting and looking for the same very limited pool of loot.

Tons of viable loot but in the age of min/maxing there will always be pieces known as the "best" loot.

Mumei

best in slot.

i've gotten 4 rorg but i'm still looking for that perfect roll. it matters when you're trying to push into higher and higher torments.

I'm still jealous of whoever it was that got a 10/50 roll on chance / damage. So jealous.

My monk is in a pretty good spot now, pretty much the only way I could get gear upgrades (for my current build anyway) would be to get better-rolled versions of the gear I'm already wearing.

What class should I try and gear up now? I have no preference so I'm open to all 5 :p

Demon Hunter, it's fun and you can kickstart it with some of the monk leftovers.

That and people generally roll with popular builds that are proven to work, so there are lots of people looking for the same items to complement those same builds.

Popular builds arise because the game tends to be stacked in their favour. Look at Monk's for example, I imagine going Lightning-heavy with a Thunderfury just makes sense because they have so many good Lightning-runed abilities. Alternatives, Fire and Physical because you could get a good Magefist or Doombringer and work from there. It's about class synergy really. Arcane works great for Wizards because of MLW. I can't imagine a non Holy or Lightning Crusader after playing mine to and at 70 for a bit. There aren't enough items and variety of Runes to allow for anything to be possible. There are a lot of weird combinations that happen to work, but something like a Arcane Monk or Holy Wizard just isn't going to happen.

Mumei

Just went gambling for rings trying to get SoJ. I didn't get one, but this was an almost 8% improvement over my old ring (which is huge when you get to the hundreds of thousands, obviously).

ZqJj7Zk.png

ChronoX

Can someone please recommend useful Youtube channels for Diablo III Reaper of Souls. I need a quick resource that will keep me up to date on the game and the items that are sought after and other stuff. Thanks :)

I just got into a rift that had 10 Treasure Goblins right on top of each other. First time that happened to me, how rare is that?

Pretty rare--I've run into an area with around 15 all talking about the junk they were going to drop once they died.

I don't think the Puzzle Ring gets enough respect. It's a well-designed legendary-a unique ability that isn't overpowering, with some very high desired fixed affix rolls. Need more items like this, less 6-random, no ability items.

Dahbomb

Good call. What's the mega-OP, flavor of the month, faceroll T6 DH build I should build towards?
There's no mega OP T6 faceroll DH build. Her damage isn't an issue... it's her survivability.

There are really only 2 high end builds. Fire Cluster Arrow (the most cookie cutter of cookie cutter DH build) and the Marauder/Zoo build. Marauder Zoo is less burst damage for more survivability and crowd control but Fire Cluster Arrow is full on glass cannon. Marauder build is more viable at T6 than Cluster Arrow but Cluster Arrow build cleans up at anything T5 or lower.

Fire Cluster Arrow build:

Items: Magefist, Cindercoat, Pride's Fall, Fire Amulet, Stone of Jordan and Reaper's Wraps Bracers. You can then use Natalya's set pieces for the rest of the pieces (like the extra Ring, Boots and the weapon). You also get some resource reduction on items like Shoulders. No need for any attack speed in this build.

Skills: Cluster Arrow - Loaded for Bear, Wolf Companion, Preparation - Punishment are the essentials. You can use any fire based Hatred generator (most people use Fire Entangling Shot), Vengeance with Seething rune (for more Hatred generation) and a defensive ability like Smoke Screen or vault.

For Passives Blood Vengeance is a must. People like Ambush and Archery as well. 4th slot varies... if you want more defense get Perfectionist, more Discipline get Nightstalker, more damage at range Steady Aim etc.

For the Marauder/Zoo build:

Items: Marauder 4 pet set bonus plus Garwolf. So you would need Marauder Boots, Pants and Shoulders plus Ring of Royal Granduer and then the Chest piece Garwolf. The Quiver (Bombardiers Rucksack) with the 2 extra Sentries help with this build too. The rest of the items you stack up on Physical damage (Andariels, SOJ) and some CDR. For Gloves you want Tasker and Theo.

Skills: Similar to the previous one in terms of skill. The companion rune doesn't matter as you are getting all of them with this build. For the main skill you use Cluster Arrow - Shooting Star or Maelstrom as they are Physical. You would also use Vengeance - Seething plus a defensive skill. You probably won't need Preparation for this build as much because you have the Bat active so you can sacrifice that skill for Sentries. Reapers Wraps again useful.

Passives: Custom Engineering, Numbing Traps if you want to maximize Sentry damage otherwise you just go with similar passives as CA build.

If you want to go all in with the Sentry build then you need to get the full 6 piece bonus but it isn't worth it IMO.

Cluster Arrow - Fire build is way easier to make and play. Marauder/Zoo build takes a lot of specific items that are rare (as they are class specific set pieces) so most people can't actually make this build. Marauder build is tankier and has more crowd control which makes it more viable for T5/T6.

I personally only need the Marauder Shoulders and the Marauder Pants to complete this Zoo build. I have all the rest of the pieces (I can technically re-roll my Fire SOJ into Physical SOJ).

Bounty Runz needs to be more popular. Can never seem to find a group when I want one =(

Also, using my 3840x1620 resolution is amazing. It's letterboxed, but I can see MUCH farther away as it zooms you out a bit. I see elites just standing around off-screen and I can snipe them before they even get close. Also pushes the UI farther away from the center, so I'm not clicking on my minimap nearly as much trying to attack

Totakeke

Hmm, I'm starting to see some people forming communities to farm items in a group for the same class. But what if the game had a need/greed roll system for legendaries while in a party? Optional of course.

Epix

Bounty Runz needs to be more popular. Can never seem to find a group when I want one =(

Also, using my 3840x1620 resolution is amazing. It's letterboxed, but I can see MUCH farther away as it zooms you out a bit. I see elites just standing around off-screen and I can snipe them before they even get close. Also pushes the UI farther away from the center, so I'm not clicking on my minimap nearly as much trying to attack

Can i get a screenshot?

Dark_castle

I'm still using my lvl 60 Witching Hour. I have not found a better belt in RoS yet. It's really starting to get annoying.

edit: Reposting from prior thread b/c I hate Blizzard b/c of it: I'm wondering how many blackthron pants I can get before I get my Marauder pants. I'm up to 8 I think.
You had probably found a better belt, it's just that you didn't know it was that good. I'm speaking about Harrington Waistguard. And String of Ears for defense boost.

Dahbomb

Resolution increase in a Diablo like game is almost like having a map hack.

It's especially true for ranged characters... you really need that extra resolution. My play is very different from my laptop (where I am playing 800x600 D2 style) versus my gaming PC (where I am playing 1080P).

jersoc

is waistguard the chest one? cause that is op as fuck. it's seriously has to be one of the best belts. you can have that up near 100%.

sheet dps is for noobs.

In a way, I prefer it like that the way helm gems have no go to gem unlike Weapons where the #1 in the far distance above all else gem is Emerald. They really need to fix that.

In a way, I prefer it like that the way helm gems have no go to gem unlike Weapons where the #1 in the far distance above all else gem is Emerald. They really need to fix that.

Honestly, I don't think it would really matter much. They could buff the other gems significantly or change them, people would still 'parse out' the best option and it would become the new 'emerald'.

It's basically a socket that you're better off ignoring. I would take +X Resist All or +Y Crit Chance over a socket any day...

Totakeke

12.5% CDR is pretty good though build dependent. 23% life can be the single biggest hp increase on your gear.

It's basically a socket that you're better off ignoring. I would take +X Resist All or +Y Crit Chance over a socket any day...

Nothing stopping you from getting mainstat+allres+crit+socket. :p

Dahbomb

The CDR from the Helm is legit as is the substantial Life %. Normally I do fine without a socket on a Helm but it's there if I need it and in some situations I definitely want a socket.

If they fix the EXP % thing, then Ruby would be put in every serious player's Helm.

Gold find is pretty terrible on helm though. Easily the worst option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom