• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

LowParry

twinturbo2 said:
Blood and sex yes, Greek mythology... let me get back to you...

Ya should give the first one a rental at best. See if ya like it. It's not as deep combat as you'd find in Ninja Gaiden, but the story, music and presentation are very top notch. And Kratos is just a bad ass character.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
haunts said:
I just read that the Tilt in the Metreon in San Francisco will be getting Tekken 6 in the coming weeks.
Hm, that's good to hear. San Fran GAFfers, please fill us in when they get it.

II VerTigo II said:
I wonder if any machines will be hitting Texas soon.
If you live close to the Galleria, there is one there. Not sure if your question has already been answered, but yeah, go play some tekken. Ill probably be going again soon...ive played it a few times, but i want to try it once more before dropping my feelings about it in here.

Fizzle

If this goes to 360, Sony need to change their "1st part FTW" attitude and realize they're not the only ones who make great games.

Jirotrom

abstract alien said:
If you live close to the Galleria, there is one there. Not sure if your question has already been answered, but yeah, go play some tekken. Ill probably be going again soon...ive played it a few times, but i want to try it once more before dropping my feelings about it in here.
it surprises me that there isn't one in the DFW area...

Fizzle said:
If this goes to 360, Sony need to change their "1st part FTW" attitude and realize they're not the only ones who make great games.
this is a fighting game, best that it hits every system so more folks will play.

Jirotrom said:

this is a fighting game, best that it hits every system so more folks will play.
Yeah...I guess with the game being so scarce as far as the US, they just cant get their hands on it. The galleria is pretty semi-close to me, so I lucked out.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Fizzle said:

No, if anything they need to keep putting more money into 1st party titles. Most 1st party games they pump out are pretty amazing. I think the 3rd party exclusives are a thing of the past.

And Im sure they realize they arent the only ones who make great games. :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If you guys feel like taking a trip, go to either SVGL or MGL.

Tilt will charge $1.50, upwards to $3.00.

Just a heads up X_X

Elios83

Fizzle said:

If Sony hasn't cared about losing GTA4 and FFXIII exclusivity what makes you think that they're gonna fight to keep Tekken, a game which sells only to its loyal fanbase nowadays, a PS3 exclusive? They will probably get a timed exclusive just because Namco will decide to finish the PS3 version first.

Fizzle

Elios83 said:
If Sony hasn't cared about losing GTA4 and FFXIII exclusivity what makes you think that they're gonna fight to keep Tekken, a game which sells only to its loyal fanbase nowadays, a PS3 exclusive? They will probably get a timed exclusive just because Namco will decide to finish the PS3 version first.

Maybe because Tekken only existed on playstation platforms...........

Fizzle

haunts said:
No, if anything they need to keep putting more money into 1st party titles. Most 1st party games they pump out are pretty amazing. I think the 3rd party exclusives are a thing of the past.

And Im sure they realize they arent the only ones who make great games. :lol

Well I'm a big Tekken fan and if Sony decide to let go of Tekken cause they think it's not that important anymore, the whole first party third party thing needs to be equally prioritized properly.

Elios83

Fizzle said:
Maybe because Tekken only existed on playstation platforms...........

And who cares about things like that in business?
Final Fantasy originally existed only on Nintendo platforms.
Resident Evil was born and reached success on the first Playstation.
And so on ;) Sony won't sign checks for Tekken, the game will arrive on 360 in 2009 and it won't change anything for you if you wanna play it on PS3.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Elios83 said:
And who cares about things like that in business?
Final Fantasy originally existed only on Nintendo platforms.
Resident Evil was born and reached success on the first Playstation.
And so on ;) Sony won't sign checks for Tekken, the game will arrive on 360 in 2009 and it won't change anything for you if you wanna play it on PS3.

Namco still does exclusives though. Even on other systems.

kevm3

They probably delayed it so that it will come out on 360 at the same time. Given what exclusives Sony already let slip, I wouldn't be surprised.

Elios83

Fizzle said:
Ever heard of MGS4?

Quite a big difference between the two series ;)
And BTW if MGS4 is exclusive you can thank that development started well before PS3 was on the market AND the fact that Kojima is a true Sony lover so he probably rejected any pressure to go multiplatform from the Konami's executives.
Tekken 6 will go 360 in 2009 IMO based on what we've read and how things have gone lately and I can't see how that changes things for you, you'll still be able to play it and probably you'll play it months earlier.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MarkMan said:
If you guys feel like taking a trip, go to either SVGL or MGL.

Tilt will charge $1.50, upwards to $3.00.

Just a heads up X_X

if you live in the city or even further out like concord or something and have to drive down there and back it probably comes out even w/ the price of gas. :lol

lupin23rd

Jtyettis said:
http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

Did Namco actually make this announcement today?

Nah this probably came from GAF (earlier in this thread).

Doesn't the arcade use PS3 tech? I wonder if somehow Sony has leverage on this game coming out on consoles and Namco is holding onto it because they want to do a 360 version too / later and Sony doesn't allow it. Probably not though.

Or maybe we'll hear about it at PLAYSTATION PREMIERE
BELIEVE

Kind of funny that (apparently) there are only half a dozen Tekken 6 machines in the US but my local arcade in backwater Australia has 2 :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lupin23rd said:

Doesn't the arcade use PS3 tech? I wonder if somehow Sony has leverage on this game coming out on consoles and Namco is holding onto it because they want to do a 360 version too / later and Sony doesn't allow it. Probably not though.

BELIEVE

More importantly, when will this come D:<

lupinko

lupin23rd said:

BELIEVE

No, the real reasons for the delay are mainly:

- They want to continue making lots of $$$ off the arcade release which they are still doing
- So Soul Calibur IV is not overshadowed

That's about it really, they learned from their mistake with Tekken 5 on PS2 which irritated many arcade operators well mainly the ones in the US, but I'm sure the feeling was the same in Asia as well. Actually this in itself is also a reason for the delay. :lol

Fady K

Jirotrom said:

To be honest, its best that EVERY good game hits every system so more folks will play. But it cant work that way (not talking about Tekken 6, which I will be damn shocked if it doesnt hit 360 as well, probably day and date too), if the only differences between the PS3 and 360 come down to first party exclusives, then thats pretty lame in my opinion. People will have little to no reason to buy one of the consoles.

There's no way Namco would pass up the PS3 port at least (like people said, it runs on a PS3 in arcades). The biggest motivation for not talking up the game now is Soul Calibur 4.

Metalmurphy said:
1 CG trailer and 1 ingame trailer isn't enough? Not to mention the arcades are running on PS3s :p

Heh, yeah they announced the next Tekken for PS3 a for a long time now, why it's up for contention on such concerns regarding Tekken 6 I don't know.

The real question is when it comes out to PS3.

Alright, after playing some tekken 6 again today, here is what I have to say about it...fyi, I only played with King, Law, Lee, and like two matches with Paul.

First of all, it feels very familiar to tekken 5, more so than any other tekken when compared to its previous sibling. I was expecting to really have to "come to grips" with the timing and whatnot of my main players, but you really do feel right at home the second you start playing. Also, this game runs EXTREMELY smooth. Im not talking just framerate or animation quality, but the transitions from one move to the next look outstanding. The team did a great job at showing weight distribution and shifting balance with the animations this time around(not that they were ever bad in the first place). I love the reaction animations now, and the new found "heaviness" of everything. It doesnt really play like its heavier, but it definitely "looks" like it. King really felt good, and seems to have gained some throw range, but Im not certain on that one. Much love goes out to his SS + RP move, it looks soooo devastating. I almost felt bad when I did it to people, but I kept going back to it :) Lee moves smoother and his Hitman stance transitions even better now, from a visual and gameplay standpoint. Also, he has a very nice 2hit punch combo that has some good knock back and damage due to the heavy second hit.

As far as Law goes...his animation is some of the best Ive ever seen in a game. Its, imo, the best Ive seen in tekken 6 so far. Its not just the "cool" look of it, but the quality of it itself is soul crushingly beautiful. I was truly in awe when I witnessed this in person...jesus...

Graphically, its definitely the best looking fighter. Its has an absurd amount of polish to it, and everything down to the smallest detail seems to have really been taken care of as if it were the main attraction. One thing I do love is the fact that there isnt an oil fest going on with the characters, which shimmering, clay looking skin. Everything is done tastefully, and its quite clean and crisp. Its not necessarily the best looking thing ever created from a technical standpoint, but its all very coherent when comparing one thing to the next and it gives a much more robust look to the game as a whole.

Basically, tekken 6 is fucking awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's what I wanted to hear!

Raistlin

abstract alien said:
Alright, after playing some tekken 6 again today, here is what I have to say about it...fyi, I only played with King, Law, Lee, and like two matches with Paul.

First of all, it feels very familiar to tekken 5, more so than any other tekken when compared to its previous sibling. I was expecting to really have to "come to grips" with the timing and whatnot of my main players, but you really do feel right at home the second you start playing. Also, this game runs EXTREMELY smooth. Im not talking just framerate or animation quality, but the transitions from one move to the next look outstanding. The team did a great job at showing weight distribution and shifting balance with the animations this time around(not that they were ever bad in the first place). I love the reaction animations now, and the new found "heaviness" of everything. It doesnt really play like its heavier, but it definitely "looks" like it. King really felt good, and seems to have gained some throw range, but Im not certain on that one. Much love goes out to his SS + RP move, it looks soooo devastating. I almost felt bad when I did it to people, but I kept going back to it :) Lee moves smoother and his Hitman stance transitions even better now, from a visual and gameplay standpoint. Also, he has a very nice 2hit punch combo that has some good knock back and damage due to the heavy second hit.

As far as Law goes...his animation is some of the best Ive ever seen in a game. Its, imo, the best Ive seen in tekken 6 so far. Its not just the "cool" look of it, but the quality of it itself is soul crushingly beautiful. I was truly in awe when I witnessed this in person...jesus...

Graphically, its definitely the best looking fighter. Its has an absurd amount of polish to it, and everything down to the smallest detail seems to have really been taken care of as if it were the main attraction. One thing I do love is the fact that there isnt an oil fest going on with the characters, which shimmering, clay looking skin. Everything is done tastefully, and its quite clean and crisp. Its not necessarily the best looking thing ever created from a technical standpoint, but its all very coherent when comparing one thing to the next and it gives a much more robust look to the game as a whole.

Like everything I just read there.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ah yes, I forgot to mention my city is getting Tekken 6 any day now. So I'll hopefully have some good impressions for everyone, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the same from everyone else that plays the game lol.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Soulcalibur IV sold/shipped 2 million copies worldwide, it had it's moment in the sun, now can we get more Tekken 6 info? I'm dyin' here...

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
i read in a mag scan that the team are trying to focus on the graphics department. now i don't know where that scan is anymore, so i don't know when it was dated. will the console version of Tekken 6 have better (at least more polished) graphics than the arcade version?
usually i don't really care about the graphics, but i hate for this game to be shipped after Soulcalibur and have worse graphical power.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The graphics will be the same.

As it stands already, it's the best looking 3D fighter. So much detail.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MarkMan said:
The graphics will be the same.

As it stands already, it's the best looking 3D fighter. So much detail.
Or is it?! I hope so but damn, those Virtua Fighter 5 models do look insane.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
Either I'm getting soft or I'm becoming more mature...

LA (2 hours away) has Tekken 6 and I STILL haven't gone there to play it. I'm staying away because I'm scared I'll be driving up every few days if I get hooked on it.

If this was when I was younger in high school/college I would be all about ditching class/dropping out and playing every day! lol..

Where do they have Tekken?

I'm in LA, and would love to play it.

Doubledex

Banned
Elios83 said:
Quite a big difference between the two series ;)
And BTW if MGS4 is exclusive you can thank that development started well before PS3 was on the market AND the fact that Kojima is a true Sony lover so he probably rejected any pressure to go multiplatform from the Konami's executives.
Tekken 6 will go 360 in 2009 IMO based on what we've read and how things have gone lately and I can't see how that changes things for you, you'll still be able to play it and probably you'll play it months earlier.
Thank you, future-teller

Top Bottom