• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GWENT closed beta now underway

rdytoroll

Got my invite half an hour ago

drake-3.w529.h352.gif

Sorian

Banned
No beta code for me so far.

Zzzzz

Literally signed up within an hour of their website going live back in may or June.

They need to tighten up the banners or remove them completely. Completely distract from the art on the cards.

Please good sir, take notice of the above. The card art is too amazing to be covered up so much!

I`m not involved in Gwent in any form but I`m pretty sure the team will gather all the feedback from players. This what the beta is for, right? :)

Is it normal that those who participated in the Stress Test didn't get invited for the Beta?

You had to sign up individually for the stress test and the beta. I was in the stress test and just got my invite for the beta, so being in one does not exclude you from the other.

Separate signups so yes.

PC/Xbox

You had to sign up individually for the stress test and the beta. I was in the stress test and just got my invite for the beta, so being in one does not exclude you from the other.

Separate sign-up? You mean the link in OP?
I registered using that link today (and maybe before too) but it said : "You've already signed-up!"
That is why I thought those who participated before can automatically join the beta.

Sidon

Damn guys, grats on the invites. I was hoping to get one, but alas, I'm never lucky with these.

Have fun and let us know how the game is!

Played a few games and honestly, not that impressed. Game is almost too flashy now, while part of what made Gwent in TW3 so great was the simpleness of it all. Screen is also a lot harder to read, as are some of the cards.

The revamped card systems are cool, though.

Outrun

Played a few games and honestly, not that impressed. Game is almost too flashy now, while part of what made Gwent in TW3 so great was the simpleness of it all. Screen is also a lot harder to read, as are some of the cards.

The revamped card systems are cool, though.

Thank goodness it is a proper beta.

Thank goodness it is a proper beta.

I think the whole presentation part of the game isn't like to change very much, unless they get a lot of negative feedback Since this is is my own personal opinion, I don't assume a lot of other players are going to feel that way. Could be wrong, though.

Plus, if you can't criticise, what's the point of a beta?

iuuk

Got my invite, won my first two games, got mostly 'scraps' and 15 'ore'. I know ore can be used to buy kegs/card packs, but what are scraps used for?

Edit: also noticed that holding out for value probably won't work too often. Got that 'remove 3 strength from all cards in the row' three out of four rounds, but ended up using it on two units all the time. I either won the round where I could have gotten value anyway, or it was a smarter move to play my spy and pass.

Got my invite, won my first two games, got mostly 'scraps' and 15 'ore'. I know ore can be used to buy kegs/card packs, but what are scraps used for?

I believe scraps can be used to "craft" cards.

Still hoping I get a code today. Been checking my email every hour, really itching for some Gwent.

Miker

What CCG is Gwen closest to? I got into the closed beta but don't actually know anything about how it plays.

iuuk

I believe scraps can be used to "craft" cards.
Ah, thanks, makes sense, HS arena runs always gave me as much dust and as little gold as possible as well ;).

What CCG is Gwen closest to? I got into the closed beta but don't actually know anything about how it plays.

None, really. It's more like some regular old school card games than ccg/tcg's. The basics are really simple, so just start up the game and start playing, won't take you long to get it.

JustinBB7

Don't really like the new look of the cards and UI in general. It was better in the sever stress test..

Main menu and stuff does look really nice.

cabelhigh

Neo Member
As someone who didn't fall in love with the W3 Gwent, i've been really enjoying my time with the beta. A lot of smart changes to make the game more complex, as well as a really nice tutorial that does a hell of a better job than the main game at explaining how to play and why you should care about the different cards.

Only problem is that some of the rule quibbles are not adiquatly explained, like Scorch only effecting the card with the highest non-green strength and not just the highest strength overall. That, coupled with some blink-and-you'll-miss-it text, are my only big complaints rn.

Honestly, it makes me want to go back to W3 and replay it with a Gwent based playthrough. It's helped me understand the intricacies of the game and its strengths as well!

iuuk

Damn it, already got two interrupted games when I was winning. First was the final round and I was playing the card that made me win the game, second I drew geralt in my final round when we both only had 1 card, so no way I could have lost that one. Stupid game :(.

B3N1

3 Games, 2 ended with the game freezing on X1 pretty early in the match.

Last game was against someone having a CDPR tag, I wanted to beat them. :/

Top Bottom