• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

Ketch

Personally I started with Rome 1 and it just clicked. I've always played the tutorials afterwards but I wouldn't know if they are clear enough for someone completly new to the series...

Dang. I want to buy this game but I'm worried I won't be able to figure out how to play

Yo was this guy in WC lore before this game?

WgMvued.png

I don't think they've invented any lore things unless it's like a generated name of something. All the legendary lords are supposed to be pretty loyal to the lore.

rdytoroll

What faction you guys gonna play first?

I'm not really that well versed in the Warhammer universum, so I'm just picking what looks the coolest and I think I'm going with the dwarfs.

Lockless

BTW are there plans for more DLC in the future?
I need my Druchii (Dark Elves) and Khemri (Mummys; Tomb Kings). Also some Lizardman action would be nice. But they'd need to increase the campaign map size drastically for that.

They've talked about their dlc plans and there seems to be a lot of it but for big stuff like a bigger map and new races you'll have to wait for the sequel, this is the start of a trilogy you can combine together apparently.

They've talked about their dlc plans and there seems to be a lot of it but for big stuff like a bigger map and new races you'll have to wait for the sequel, this is the start of a trilogy you can combine together apparently.

I heard it was more of expansions than anything else.

4Tran

I heard it was more of a expansion then anything else.
Creative Assembly has said that they have three games planned, and that the games can combine to create a single huge grand campaign. I'd imagine that in addition to this, they're going to release a bunch of other races in smaller DLC packages. The most obvious first candidate for this is Bretonnia since they're already in the game and playable in multiplayer.

Lister

Banned

I'm not really that well versed in the Warhammer universum, so I'm just picking what looks the coolest and I think I'm going with the dwarfs.

I know jack and shit abotu Warhammer, so I'm going wiht the human faction, since they look a lto like a standard Totla War faction.

So I was reading on the Steam forums for the game and it seems like they are putting some pretty tight reigns on the mods they are allowing for this game, especially when it comes to adding new factions. Does anyone know how much control devs actually have over free items in the workshop? And if since there IS mod support why the mods couldn't be made and posted on another site like Nexus?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
this is a jumping on point for the series so im sure it will be way easier to get into then the others

So I was reading on the Steam forums for the game and it seems like they are putting some pretty tight reigns on the mods they are allowing for this game, especially when it comes to adding new factions. Does anyone know how much control devs actually have over free items in the workshop? And if since there IS mod support why the mods couldn't be made and posted on another site like Nexus?

they are planning on releasing every army to the game at some point so id think they would want to stop people from modding them in

Mifec

Kemmler was there from the beginning as far as I know.

Yes, he even has a model.

I don't think they've invented any lore things unless it's like a generated name of something. All the legendary lords are supposed to be pretty loyal to the lore.

Oh I asked because a Necromancer from The Dresden Files shares the same name, guess it's a shout out on the part of the DF's author.

this is a jumping on point for the series so im sure it will be way easier to get into then the others

they are planning on releasing every army to the game at some point so id think they would want to stop people from modding them in

Yeah, I figured that. But they are also saying that you can't add any outside armies, or armies from other IPs. Hence the reason I'm curious as to how much control they have over the workshop and mods in general.

ISee

Oh I asked because a Necromancer from The Dresden Files shares the same name, guess it's a shout out on the part of the DF's author.

Yeah for sure. Jim Butcher loves little nods to other fantasy franchises here and there.

ISee

Was watching the newest Game of thrones episode tonight with my wife and there was (as always) a total war: warhammer commercial playing before the episode started.
Made me grin *g*

ISee

Performance Thread is ready to go... (well, hope so).

According to the official twitch stream the game will unlock in 9 hours here in Europe, but steam says it's still ~18 hours away. Do you want me to post it now, wait till we are closer to release or does somebody else wants to do one?

Uzzy

I'm hoping it's not too long until we get Valkia the Bloody as one of the legendary lords for Chaos. What's not to love about a Khornate Valkyrie.

Modding is meant to be easy, right?

Gaz_RB

Debating staying up or waking up early to get a taste before work tomorrow. Wish they'd just do a midnight release!

Ark

Yaaaaaaay! Awesome OT :)

Can't wait to play this sometime tomorrow. Juggling this with Overwatch will be fun though :)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Vampire counts, then dwarves and then Chaos

Geist-

Is this a greater greater daemon of tzeentch I'm seeing in the stream? WOW. COOL!

That's beautiful. I hope themed Chaos armies are coming in later expansions. Need my Slaaneshi Army of General Debauchery.

The Keeper of Secrets might be too NSFW for a Total War game though...

daemon-of-slaanesh-2.jpg

Tubobutts

I know there are still plenty of factions to add with expansions and what not, but I really hope they add in a playable Cathay at some point.

Top Bottom