• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

I've got the Hotelier in late fall and, if I can get arranging it, the Fest in October with so many good shows, including Mom Jeans.

I see Remo Drive is coming right past me...

akileese

I was introduced to a band called Palisades last night at One Ok Rock's ambitions tour. They were pretty fun and it was a welcome surprise since I don't like Set it Off at all.. I remarked to my wife "Wow, these guys have to be from New Jersey with that look and sound" and sure as shit they are!

Bought a record for the first time in forever. Grabbed Roswell Kid's new LP. I had to stop buying records because I wasn't working while in school and they're super expensive, especially buying them online and having them shipped to Canada. But I'm working a summer job now and saw a good deal on this bad boy.

Hey y'all... want to watch the trailer for the upcoming Jawbreaker documentary?

Yes, you do.

https://vimeo.com/223189941

EDIT: Suppose I could make a thread but the last time I did for that the Stooges one, it was all "WHERE'S LARRY, CURLY AND MOE?" Wouldn't want to disappoint the radical hard candy crowd with this band thing.

Lender

Silverstein's new album sounds very good. Loved the released singles, but I'm glad to hear to hear the other songs sounds great as well. Even love the more pop punk sounding songs like Aquamarine. Hell, The Afterglow is a pop punk song from beginning till the end, but I love that song. (Then again I have a guilty pleasure for (good) pop punk songs).

Y'all into Propagandhi?

New song out and it's a banger.

Maybe it's my Canadian pride talking, but it's the best thing I've heard all year.

Also: saw Jeff Rosenstock the other day (hadn't seen him since the BTMI! days) and holy hell that man puts on a phenomenal show. So much energy! Whole band ripped. Had the drummer of PUP filling in too. Laura Stevenson opened with just her and an electric guitar and she has a beautiful voice.

Y'all into Propagandhi?

Maybe it's my Canadian pride talking, but it's the best thing I've heard all year.

Also: saw Jeff Rosenstock the other day (hadn't seen him since the BTMI! days) and holy hell that man puts on a phenomenal show. So much energy! Whole band ripped. Had the drummer of PUP filling in too. Laura Stevenson opened with just her and an electric guitar and she has a beautiful voice.

Oh, man. I was watching when they said they were going into the studio a few months back, but figured that meant a 2018 release. That absolutely rips.

And yeah, Rosenstock's current setup is great live. Caught them twice last year, once at a proper show and once in a festival setting, and he brings the same energy either way. If you haven't listened or slept on Worry, it's really worth it. Best release of last year.

As for me, it feels like I've been listening to podcasts a lot more than anything, lately. Mostly music-based ones, too. There's a killer one from New Zealand that focuses on obscure (I mean really, really obscure) pre-punk garage bands of the 60s called Retrospect.

Lender

Y'all into Propagandhi?

Fuck yeah, Propagandhi fucking owns. Great song!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Silverstein's new album sounds very good. Loved the released singles, but I'm glad to hear to hear the other songs sounds great as well. Even love the more pop punk sounding songs like Aquamarine. Hell, The Afterglow is a pop punk song from beginning till the end, but I love that song. (Then again I have a guilty pleasure for (good) pop punk songs).

Just started listening this afternoon, haven't listened to any good, new, post-hardcore stuff in a good while. Really enjoying it, think they're playing near me pretty soon too...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Got tickets for Julien Baker in October :)

Been listening to Abendrot by You Blew It again recently and I think I like it more than when it came out.

Also Bay Faction's newest track Pendulum (which isn't that new anymore but I'm late to it) is soooo good.

Yo it was a sick show, sorry for not responding sooner been busy.

What all shows coming up are you excited about

No need to apologize!

Great to hear!

I am sadly missing the Foxing show on September 9th but this month I am going to Austin to see Coastlands (a post-rock outfit) then I am going to see Wolves in the Throne Room, Touche Amore, and then Remo Drive in November

Kawl_USC

No need to apologize!

Great to hear!

I am sadly missing the Foxing show on September 9th but this month I am going to Austin to see Coastlands (a post-rock outfit) then I am going to see Wolves in the Throne Room, Touche Amore, and then Remo Drive in November

Gotcha, I'm hoping Foxing doesn't have to cancel again for the 3rd time in houston lol. I was all hyped to see the Balance + Composure and Foxing show a few months ago. I'll snag tickets for this go around.

Heads up: Dischord put their catalog on Bandcamp, so you can free stream certified classics. Possibly threadworthy, for anyone who wants to post it.

https://dischord.bandcamp.com

And I'll take this moment to remind the world of Black Eyes. There was really no band like them when they came out. I think maybe one person I knew had heard of them / liked them with me. Both of their albums slay but I think Cough is their final form.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Heads up: Dischord put their catalog on Bandcamp, so you can free stream certified classics. Possibly threadworthy, for anyone who wants to post it.

https://dischord.bandcamp.com

And I'll take this moment to remind the world of Black Eyes. There was really no band like them when they came out. I think maybe one person I knew had heard of them / liked them with me. Both of their albums slay but I think Cough is their final form.
Yeah, I loved that band. I never got to see them live because their van broke down on the way to Boston when they were scheduled to play here.

Soooo some big news recently.

TWIABP's new track is sick.

Citizen, Sorority Noise tour is gonna be fucking awesome.

New Prawn is amazing.

And I got my copy of Remo Drive's first press on vinyl.

Yall see this shit? Take with a grain of salt but we may be getting LP5 soon omg omgomgomgomgomg

VUQ4tqb.png

Zach deleted the tweet and made his account private afterwards (supposedly). Could be a new single + LP5. Or something entirely different.

Procrastinatemusictraitors.com is also down/blank as of today with a hidden countdown in the cache (?). I think this is the biggest indication SOMETHING is coming or being announced. Or the website could be getting entirely reworked.

And there is this guy from last week:

https://www.reddit.com/r/brandnew/c...edium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=brandnew

The fall tour has supposedly been leaked already (cant find the source on it ATM), but its gotta a matter of time until we finally get LP5 after all this waiting. Brand New subreddit is going absolutely crazy right now. Some think we may even get the record to just stealth release this week (would not surprise me).

At work so can't listen but looking at the track list, pretty surprised it's all new shit. Expected at least one of Mene, I Am A Nightmare, or Sealed to Me on it.

At work so can't listen but looking at the track list, pretty surprised it's all new shit. Expected at least one of Mene, I Am A Nightmare, or Sealed to Me on it.

Glad there isn't as I was not a fan of any of those.

Oh SHIT!!!

The album is available digitally now and I nabbed a vinyl copy.

I am listening now :)

imBask

Banned
3 tracks in, this is not very good. That album better pick up soon

EDIT : that 3rd track was actually terrible. That 4th track... are they doing medieval music now?

EDIT 2 : lol at the "At the bottom of the ocean" part midway through the 5th track. Is this a joke album?

myco666

$50+ for the new Brand New record? Have to skip this for now. Is there any legal streams for the album? Didn't find it from spotify or bandcamp.

Top Bottom