• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

ruxtpin

Banned
Did the Cinderella poster go up at cyclops and I miss? The mobile site never changed for me, from what I could tell.

Cinerella will be mine. I'm in.

Mockingbird, can I just give you my money now?

Since the title here https://instagram.com/cyclopsprints/ says Mockingbird I'm assuming this is you.

yeah that's the instagram for cyclops. I don't think the drop will be difficult. It seems people are put off by the price but the production was really expensive in order to get it to look like what it does now. Even though it's 18 colors, which is less than 23 for Inside Out, Inside Out was a much simpler piece to produce so production wasn't even as long as this one.

I know it shouldn't bother me, but the "off-center" ness of the bottom half of that JC Richard is hurting me.

It's so beautiful, I just can't "not" notice it.

I was having issues with checkout. Put Paperman and Cinderella in, it kept telling me that Paperman was sold out. Tried Paperman by itself, got all the way through. Went back for Cinderella, says it's sold out now.

Bummer. At least I got Paperman. (I hope) That was my main goal.

*EDIT* Nevermind, got them both! Two separate orders so I may have to ask about shipping. But I got em!

IronRinn

I was having issues with checkout. Put Paperman and Cinderella in, it kept telling me that Paperman was sold out. Tried Paperman by itself, got all the way through. Went back for Cinderella, says it's sold out now.

Bummer. At least I got Paperman. (I hope) That was my main goal.
Cinderella is not sold out yet.

Edit: Ah, see you got it.

Cinderella is not sold out yet.

Edit: Ah, see you got it.

Yeah, something tells me it was just the PayPal integration. It always screws me over with these sites but not this time!

I was worried the Cinderella, print would be too large to display, but it's still within the 36 inch width I love so that'll be fine.

IronRinn

Yeah, something tells me it was just the PayPal integration. It always screws me over with these sites but not this time!

I was worried the Cinderella, print would be too large to display, but it's still within the 36 inch width I love so that'll be fine.

It's Shopify. When you get to a certain stage in the checkout process it holds it in your cart, removing it from inventory for a short time. So the inventory may say something is sold out, but they are just being held in peoples' carts. Once they drop out, they go back into inventory. BigCartel works the same way except it holds it and removes it from the inventory as soon as you put in your cart.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Love the switch to Shopify, and I'm super excited to see the Feast print in person.

CookBeck

We just updated our SEGA print collection with new designs by Pietepiet and Gerald Parel. Now available at www.candb.com

VJ6p7pQ.jpg

NIHSpWP.jpg

suplex

Got a Feast. That's going up in the kitchen as soon as I get a frame for it.

Also for anyone in the LA area, you owe it to yourself to go check out the Gilded Age in person. Just flat out amazing artwork by all three artists, really worth it to see up close.

suplex

We just updated our SEGA print collection with new designs by Pietepiet and Gerald Parel. Now available at www.candb.com

Somewhat related, but I noticed you guys have a decent amount of Street Fighter art for sale. Any chance you'll ever get the rights to and sell this Super Turbo poster? I have an original, but it's super wavy, and it would nice to have a high quality print.

M5J4cS0.jpg

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here live in the Chicago area and know a good frame shop? Moved here recently and have a bunch of unframed prints and empty walls to fill.

Also looking to sell an Ansin Ghost in the Shell (regular) if anyone is interested.

b3b0p

Anyone here live in the Chicago area and know a good frame shop? Moved here recently and have a bunch of unframed prints and empty walls to fill.

Also looking to sell an Ansin Ghost in the Shell (regular) if anyone is interested.

Similar request, but I'm in Austin and looking for a dope ass friendly frame shop. If they can make out and know what these fancy posters I have are, say, or what time period they came from, bonus.

Also, related, where, how (exacts) do you store your fancy posters? I need to get these things out of their tubes. I have probably at least 50. Maybe more, 1.5 of the largest Rubber Maid containers from Home Depot full of tubes from my move. Is there like a locker I can pay to put them at and flatten for a while? I live in a downtown 400 square foot apartment and don't exactly have room.

Clipjoint

Similar request, but I'm in Austin and looking for a dope ass friendly frame shop. If they can make out and know what these fancy posters I have are, say, or what time period they came from, bonus.

Also, related, where, how (exacts) do you store your fancy posters? I need to get these things out of their tubes. I have probably at least 50. Maybe more, 1.5 of the largest Rubber Maid containers from Home Depot full of tubes from my move. Is there like a locker I can pay to put them at and flatten for a while? I live in a downtown 400 square foot apartment and don't exactly have room.

You probably don't have enough space for a flat file, so I'd recommend a nice large portfolio or sandwiching the prints between foam core and glassine.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Sorta afraid to ask, but how long have they been in tubes?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

I have a set of flat files in my office.

b3b0p

You probably don't have enough space for a flat file, so I'd recommend a nice large portfolio or sandwiching the prints between foam core and glassine.

I already have a portfolio with prints, but I never flattened the prints myself. I always brought them to the frame shop and they flattened for me and I would pick them up whenever I picked up a new frame.

Some a while. Is that bad?

It's usually not a good idea to store prints in a tube for a long period of time. The kraft paper isn't acid free. Also, it might never fully flatten after a prolonged period. Prints should also be stored in a room with a cool temperature with the ink side not facing one another.

ohkay

I already have a portfolio with prints, but I never flattened the prints myself. I always brought them to the frame shop and they flattened for me and I would pick them up whenever I picked up a new frame.
Just place them on a flat, clean surface with books on the corners as weights. They may take a while since you've had them tubed for a while. After they've flattened a bit, you could stick them between acid free foam core boards, separated by glassine sheets, close that sandwich with some binder clips and store under your bed

LaneDS

Reminder for interested parties- few more days to get in on this if you're interested! Only a handful of names on the list so far.

Will allow for entries up until Wednesday night (9/23) at 9 PM eastern.

Hm, so I guess with the Daniel Danger open edition now up for pre-order, if you're interested in the extra variant I picked up for this thread please send me a PM and I'll add your name to a (probably pretty short) list of interested parties. A week from now, I'll let a random number generator pick a name and the variant is yours, at cost ($50) + shipping. I think it's number 33 out of 150, if that matters at all.

Oh hey, top of page, sup y'all.

For reference, talking about the top of these two prints:

Have Mondo's Mad Max prints still not shipped out? Seems like forever ago they were on sale. I guess the larger order size slows things down.

b3b0p

Sorry, want to make sure I'm doing this right.

to flatten these I need:

Acid Free Foam Core Board: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...g/foam-and-backing-boards/jerrys-pro-foam.htm

Glassine Neutral ph Paper Roll: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...al-storage/glassine-neutral-ph-paper-roll.htm (I guess I have to cut it myself)

Correct?

I found 3 or 4 prints that were in the tube for 3+ years over the weekend. Otherwise, I think I'll be fine from my research. I guess I just misplaced them and forgot I had them.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Sorry, want to make sure I'm doing this right.

to flatten these I need:

Acid Free Foam Core Board: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...g/foam-and-backing-boards/jerrys-pro-foam.htm

Glassine Neutral ph Paper Roll: http://www.jerrysartarama.com/disco...al-storage/glassine-neutral-ph-paper-roll.htm (I guess I have to cut it myself)

Correct?

I found 3 or 4 prints that were in the tube for 3+ years over the weekend. Otherwise, I think I'll be fine from my research. I guess I just misplaced them and forgot I had them.
Yeap! This is how I've been storing my prints. Also, get some tape to tape the foamcore together after you sandwich your prints in-between.

IronRinn

An 8x10 print for 50 bucks? It doesn't even say if it's a screenprint or giclee, but that's pretty dang pricey.

Yeah. Nice print but not $50 nice.

Yeap! This is how I've been storing my prints. Also, get some tape to tape the foamcore together after you sandwich your prints in-between.

You can also use binder clips, just make sure the there is some room between the edges of the prints and where the clips clamp down.

Salamando

Ordered.

This hobby is expensive. Why do pretty things cost so much?

Here's how I made it less expensive - I only buy prints if I love them enough to frame and hang them within a month. Cuts down on storage costs if most of your inventory is on the wall. Framing costs though...I prefer not to talk about.....

Filthy Slug

I actually just tried to order to see how much the total'd come to, and there was a $100+ oversized freight charge on top of the item price. That's kind of absolutely absurd. Did you get hit with that charge too, b3b0p?

b3b0p

I actually just tried to order to see how much the total'd come to, and there was a $100+ oversized freight charge on top of the item price. That's kind of absolutely absurd. Did you get hit with that charge too, b3b0p?

I think I ordered the right stuff?

Code:
Item: 79577A	
Jerry's Pro Foam Board Box of 15 32x40" (3/8" Thick) - White
Original Price: $124.69
Super Sale	$86.40

Code:
Item: 17828	
Glassine Neutral pH Paper Roll 48" x 50 Yd
Original Price: $62.39
ALLSAVE20 (20% Off $159+FS | 15% Off $99+FS | FS $69+) 15% off $53.03

Code:
Shipping: $0.00

b3b0p

Here's how I made it less expensive - I only buy prints if I love them enough to frame and hang them within a month. Cuts down on storage costs if most of your inventory is on the wall. Framing costs though...I prefer not to talk about.....

Pretty sure I have been doing it this way. I only have a few I think I can live without.

I really need to get on finding a storage place. I'm running out of room with a dozen or so poster tubes laying about, and the woes of having them slightly curled up is starting to get to me as well with the acid scares. I haven't checked on a few in six months or so. I may do that tonight.

Top Bottom