• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Computer-readable storage medium patent by Shigeru Miyamoto

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
NeoGAFFer said:
So basically:

• hardcore Nintendo fans are happy because their most wanted titles aren't going to casualized (easier), in fact, games like Zelda can have much harder puzzles and more complicated/interesting dungeons.
  • Casuals/non-gamers are also happy, because they can play these incredible games with absolutely no problem due to this interesting hint system.
  • Nintendo is happy because they getting money from both sides.

Am I right?
Gamers will also have an easier way to jump back to favorite moments in the game without having to manage several save files and/or playing through potentially a lot of hours to get back to a certain place.

You kinda remind me of people who blame "low damage" as one of the reason's TP was "too easy" yet they take every heart up-grade they can find and look past the fact that you can go the whole game with out heart upgrades well using only wooden sheilds (which brake, leaving you with out a bloke action) and never talk to Midna when she wants to give you clues.
I remember on GameFAQs when people were beginning to do 3 heart quests, and one person flat out said that even a 3 heart quest wasn't that hard because of how little damage one can take and how often hearts drop.

Vinci

Danish
KittenMaster said:
I remember on GameFAQs when people were beginning to do 3 heart quests, and one person flat out said that even a 3 heart quest wasn't that hard because of how little damage one can take and how often hearts drop.

And people on GameFAQs are always honest? Just curious, I have very little history with that site.

Considering that it IS true that hearts drop every two grass blades you slice, a lot of times three of them coming out. Not to mention having the ability to refill your health with various potions...

I think there may be some logical reasoning behind that statement.

Vinci

Danish
KittenMaster said:
Considering that it IS true that hearts drop every two grass blades you slice, a lot of times three of them coming out. Not to mention having the ability to refill your health with various potions...

I think there may be some logical reasoning behind that statement.

Can you do it?

KittenMaster said:
My history with that site does not allow me to see the importance of such a statement.

It's almost as bad as the Nintendo sites where the HD fanboys go to troll-up some storm of Nintendo hate.

something else that could be neat, (not sure if its been said or in a game before), but let you play through a scene one way, then rewind time to the start over and hit play and u can play through the scene again a different way but your original playthrough "ghost" runs along side of you going through the motions of the previous try, could make for some pretty neat ideas in puzzle design for a Zelda game, no?

Vinci

Danish
ZombieSupaStar said:
something else that could be neat, (not sure if its been said or in a game before), but let you play through a scene one way, then rewind time to the start over and hit play and u can play through the scene again a different way but your original playthrough "ghost" runs along side of you going through the motions of the previous try, could make for some pretty neat ideas in puzzle design for a Zelda game, no?

I would love that. I dig ghosts in games.

Ranger X

So we can expect Zelda Wii packed with a new storage option and those "dynamic tutorials" available while we play?

that's a call

Sciz

ZombieSupaStar said:
I've seen a Flash game or two use this as the central gameplay gimmick.

Top Bottom