• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT PART 2| How many threads have you opened in your life?

caliph95

Part 2 was carried by Joseph
Lisa Lisa got her one fight scene cut
Smokey does one thing and that's scream
Caesar was eh
Speedwagon and Erina didn't really do much
I guess Stronheim wad entertaining

Every part afterwards was better at balancing their supporting cast

Yeah after Part 2 the side characters actually got the chance to be actual characters. I'm not the biggest fan of SDC, but at least Jotaro didn't carry all of it and it allowed the cast to branch out. Granted the dynamic is pretty much perfected in Parts 4 and 5 so far though. Just the fact that they allowed Narancia to handle his own fights and shine in them was great and let's not forget Bruno. His stuff was great...he was helped by his refusal to die, but still he had some good fights. Hermes didn't have enough though, but I enjoyed her fight with Limp Bizkit?

cntr

Banned
I rank BT as a mid-tier part nowadays. It's a really fun part, yeah, but as an overall story it's nowhere near as impressive as the later parts.

e.g., Josuke pulling ideas from the rest of DiU in the final fight with Kira. BT's got nothin' like that.

Josuke learned a lot from his battles with regards to how his stand mechanics work, and seeing him put that into the final battle showed how Josuke is actually quite capable of learning and adapting. It's way different from how Giorno fought because Gold Experience wasn't consistent and was OP and also showed how Joseph just pulled shit out of his ass. It's a fun part, but it's pretty much best as an anime.

cntr

Banned
Gold Experience fits in with VA's general themes rather than Giorno's character arc (though it's not totally unrelated). Which makes sense, Part 4 is a character-based story about the gang's life in Morioh, and Part 5 is a theme-heavy symbolic story like mafia stories often are.

You mind linking to the post where you explained that again? I know you've explained it I just can't remember it. Though this might be why I like VA so much. It's batshit but there are reasons behind it.

dickroach

finished Part 4. I'm gonna miss it. the homestretch was great with the multiple part July 15th episode, the son of the guy getting into the action, the Pepsi billboard... and I can't believe
an ambulance
delivered the final blow.
I thought it started kinda slow, but that was a really great season. great cast of characters. great art style.

reGXtgX.png

finished Part 4. I'm gonna miss it. the homestretch was great with the multiple part July 15th episode, the son of the guy getting into the action, the Pepsi billboard... and I can't believe
an ambulance
delivered the final blow.
I thought it started kinda slow, but that was a really great season. great cast of characters. great art style.

reGXtgX.png
Yeah DiU is great, it's my favorite animated part so far and cemented my love for Jojo. Now we just need the fabulousness of Part 5 to wash over us as we laugh at the anime crowd because they'll immediately assume Narancia is a chick. Also Kira is the best villain till Part 6 gets animated.

Pompadour

Now we just need the fabulousness of Part 5 to wash over us as we laugh at the anime crowd because they'll immediately assume Narancia is a chick.

I remember the IGN preview of the Vento Aureo PS2 game including a line about how the section of the game they played included "hot women licking each other" or something to that effect.

caliph95

I remember the IGN preview of the Vento Aureo PS2 game including a line about how the section of the game they played included "hot women licking each other" or something to that effect.
Haha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha

I guess they're to use buff dudes and manly men that they got confused

so there's no official translation of Part 5? are there multiple fan translations? what's the deal
There's a new one that I could PM you, that's a lot better than the last fan translation which I heard sucked. We don't even have official English DiU yet if I'm not mistaken. Maybe in 2022 when the Jojoniums reach that part.

dickroach

the lips really took off in Part 4, compared to the previous seasons.
glossy, puffy bottoms lips were all over the place

There's a new one that I could PM you, that's a lot better than the last fan translation which I heard sucked. We don't even have official English DiU yet if I'm not mistaken. Maybe in 2022 when the Jojoniums reach that part.

yes plz

cntr

Banned
Part 5 didn't have a proper translation until a month or two ago, lol.

The old translation was done from the Chinese version by a guy who didn't speak Chinese, so um, it was pretty bad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Part 5 didn't have a proper translation until a month or two ago, lol.

The old translation was done from the Chinese version by a guy who didn't speak Chinese, so um, it was pretty bad.

Yep, reading a bit from the proper translation, it is really a major improvement. Its why I am really looking forward to the Part 5 Anime, I think it is going to be leagues better than the translation I read.

So how does this calculation work

Looks like a neat party trick

I mean, he's just doing triangle calculations. I don't know off the top of my head the exact math behind it, but it's based on the fact that if he knows the distance from his eye to his hand, and the length of his hand, he can multiply that by how tall Josuke is to find the distance between him and Josuke.

This works assuming that, to his view, his hand is the same "size" as Josuke, since it means that the ratio of hand length to hand distance from eye will be the same ratio for Josuke's height to Josuke's distance from Kira.

dickroach

I mean, he's just doing triangle calculations. I don't know off the top of my head the exact math behind it, but it's based on the fact that if he knows the distance from his eye to his hand, and the length of his hand, he can multiply that by how tall Josuke is to find the distance between him and Josuke.

This works assuming that, to his view, his hand is the same "size" as Josuke, since it means that the ratio of hand length to hand distance from eye will be the same ratio for Josuke's height to Josuke's distance from Kira.

9*x=180
65*x=y

9*20=180
65*20=1300

but yeah, they definitely left out that brief moment in the anime. the Joe Montana line was kept in tho

gotcha

so the key is knowing the arm distance

and the finger/hand length.

cntr

Banned
The triangle formed between Kira's eyes and fingers and between his eyes and Josuke are proportional ("similar"), so if you know the measurements of the smaller triangle and the length of at least one side of the bigger triangle, you know the factor by which triangle has been scaled up, and can then determine the other sides.

this is a way too complicated way of doing it, though

Tizoc

yo cntr, could you post what each JoJo character's fav. movie is? I know Jotaro's favourite is Never cry wolf.

Top Bottom