• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

Just tested.
There's a text to speech now, people can comment on your livestream and you can hear what they are typing.
As for text appearing on VR, it's just a little textbox appearing in the middle bottom, will follow your head movement.

PSVR software update is 2.90, huh.
Maybe 3.0 will be something huge?

Hmmm. Wonder if it fixes the random blank screen problem. I never bothered to try the HDCP fix in the hope of a proper bug fix.

Weird that they're giving out extra beta codes this time. There looks to be plenty in the 5.00 thread, but if anyone here wants a spare UK beta code then shout.

*Splinter

Just tested.
There's a text to speech now, people can comment on your livestream and you can hear what they are typing.
As for text appearing on VR, it's just a little textbox appearing in the middle bottom, will follow your head movement.
Text to speech option is old

Interesting that the new Video Output Information screen has a breakdown of the HDMI capabilities of the connected device:

The text under HDR reads: "the connected PSVR processor unit does not support HDR passthrough".

Does this imply that in the future there might be PSVR boxes that do? If not, why not say "PSVR does not support HDR passthrough" and leave it at that.

I'm reaching, I know, but the lack of HDR really bugs me...

Planet

Last beta firmware 4.5 came with PSVR firmware 2.40, which was upped to 2.50 on final release. I figure they will spread PSVR firmware 3.0 with final PS4 firmware 5.0. Possibly because they either couldn't or didn't want to introduce beta PSVR firmware.

Interesting that the new Video Output Information screen has a breakdown of the HDMI capabilities of the connected device:

The text under HDR reads: "the connected PSVR processor unit does not support HDR passthrough".

Does this imply that in the future there might be PSVR boxes that do? If not, why not say "PSVR does not support HDR passthrough" and leave it at that.

We can only hope that we get a new PSVR box at some point. No HDR passthrough was a crap design choice and is a pain in the ass.

Give me a new Processor Unit with HDR passthrough and Moves with Analogue sticks built in, that's what I really want from PSVR now.

Felensis

Banned
We can only hope that we get a new PSVR box at some point. No HDR passthrough was a crap design choice and is a pain in the ass.

Give me a new Processor Unit with HDR passthrough and Moves with Analogue sticks built in, that's what I really want from PSVR now.

I second this!

On a sidenote: Today I got Farpoint + Aim and RE VII. Finished the latter back in January on XB1, but now my ass is ready to get handed to me in VR :D

For fellow GermanGAF: A bunch of Farpoint + Aim arrived today in Saturn markets around Munich.

Thanks GAF for all the awesome recommendations! So far I got PS VR Worlds, REVII, Until Dawn, Farpoint, Batman, Statik, Thumper, Polybius and Wayward. Stuff will keep me busy for a long time. I'm playing only PS VR lately and I love it so much!

mckmas8808

Banned
Just tested.

This is very cool.

Omerta

Anybody sat on the fence about the Aim controller should swan dive off it into the "buy immediately" side.

Seriously, this is very cool tech and I felt immersed in a way that I've been dreaming about for about 30 years of gaming.

The only thing that should dissuade you is money... or potentially a fear of spiders :)

gogojira

Is there a known best setup for PSVR and HDR? Got an OLED set and I've ran two HDMI cables I just swap out for now. Do any splitters get the job done? I know there were issues with a lot of splitters, at least I think.

Is there a known best setup for PSVR and HDR? Got an OLED set and I've ran two HDMI cables I just swap out for now. Do any splitters get the job done? I know there were issues with a lot of splitters, at least I think.

I created a thread with various solutions to that problem. They aren't automatic, they still require user intervention, but they beat wearing out/damaging the HDMI port on your TV or breakout box.

Lol beaten.

On the post about Firmware 5.0 on PS Blog, they mention that virtual surround 5.0 surround sound for PSVR is one of the additions.

PTfIn4r.png

I've been hoping for this to come.

Edit- Oh, it's already covered in the thread!

Synless

First time ever issue. I ordered the Farpoint bundle when it restocked at Best Buy about 5 days ago and during the preparing stage of my order and it says it's delayed... possibly until 9/16. Yet I can still buy it on the website so it's not a out of stock issue.

I've got the v5 beta software installed, but when I go to update the PSVR software, it's telling me 2.5 is the most current?

Anyone else have this issue? I'm in EU in case that makes a difference.

Do you have the headset plugged in and switched on?
You should get a prompt to update when you switch the headset on.

joeblow

Out of nowhere:

Soul Dimension

Coming August 22

Description:
“Soul Dimension” is the flagship game from KEEN VISION. Through its artistic design, this puzzle game will allow players to enter a thrilling adventure. The player will act as Frank, who has the ability to go across dreams. Frank will go on to rescue his deceased daughter Daisy, who is stuck inside dreams. In the game, Frank will go through a series of exploration, interaction, fights and other things. Before he rescues Daisy, Frank is put into a more dramatic plot. With the game’s progress, Frank will face his deceased daughter, wife, and dream.

MattAces

http://www.phaserlock.com/final-approach#fa-intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMUcH52HYZE

TAKE CONTROL OF THE SKIES LIKE NEVER BEFORE!

Final Approach takes the best of airport and aircraft management games and mixes in real time strategy elements. Airplanes on fire, commuter aircraft low on fuel, mid-air collisions, emergency rescues, and military exercises all need your immediate attention.

Follow our heroic pilots as they navigate dangerous missions. They need your help to work their way through challenges and the greatest threat yet— Aliens!
Coming soon to PlayStation VR game systems!

Had me one of those classic VR blunders.

Bending all over the place, dodging a hail of bullets in Super Hot. I over balanced, and tried to brace myself on the bench I was using for cover.

Needless to say, I ended up on my ass.

Where are all these new games coming from ? It's like someone has left the tap on, it's just a constant flow of new games all the time, it's crazy. :)

My poor wallet.

MattAces

I haven't played VR since RE7. I want to play this weekend. What's the best?

Farpoint (Aim controller)
Statik (DS4)
Superhot (Move)
are the best of the best.

Others:
Dick Wilde (wave shooter with Aim/Move)
Arizona Sunshine (Only if you have PS4 Pro and Aim)

Where are all these new games coming from ? It's like someone has left the tap on, it's just a constant flow of new games all the time, it's crazy. :)

My poor wallet.

September looks to be the craziest month already with 11 titles. And there are still games that might release that month too.

Also, Radial-G confirmed for September 12 release.

Top Bottom