• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7. A look at some tracks, Forza Horizon 3 skies, Dynamic weather

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Is this Maple Valley?
Edit: My bad probably Nords.

Wmz21dg.png

Could be Road Atlanta?

KdotIX

Really looking forward to this. Hoping that they learnt a few things from PG with regards to PC performance as FH3 wasn't great on PC out of the gate. From the specs released so far, it looks to be well optimised.

What I do appreciate, however, is T10 really turning up the wheel support on PC. I'm just hoping that they have a better handling model and FFB settings for wheel users across the board.

Been playing FM6 in anticipation for this and would really like more and longer endurance races. Hoping we hear/see more about the SP campaign from Gamescom.

Has anything been said about the career at all?

It was stated that the career progression is much more like real motorsport with points being awarded each race based on position and final standings/completion related to total points. In other words, you don't have to podium every race anymore to advance (which was very unrealistic).

Slygmous

Awesome! I have nice memories of drifting around Maple Valley with the Toyota Celica - with appropriate decal to pretend it was a modern Sega Rally.

Theorry

Really looking forward to this. Hoping that they learnt a few things from PG with regards to PC performance as FH3 wasn't great on PC out of the gate. From the specs released so far, it looks to be well optimised.

The devs share code. So if something is improved or added it usually gets in the next game also. So my guess that happened with the optimization also. :)

JlNX

Wonder if it scores higher than FH3?

Well the last Motorsport to rate as high as FH3 (91) was Forza Motorsport 4, we also did see quite the jump between 5 and 6 due to improvements. It's going to be down to how good the career mode is, if it's good then I think a 91 is achievable but more than likely a 90.

Grassy

Could be Road Atlanta?

Nah that's from just after the first left-hand corner after the start/finish line on the Nordschleife, you can see the Mercedes Benz emblem on the stands of the Nurburgring GP track in the background:

The weather is indeed dynamic and random or predetermined to change in a certain pattern as dark10x has posted?

For E3 they always have a predetermined weather pattern so everyone who plays experiences the weather. If it was dynamic some people might not even see rain etc.

JlNX

The videos of Forza 7 running on that custom driving rig from E3 2017, was running on the PC. The videos from the SDCC 2017 after party stream were on the Xbox One S and you can see the differences.

I had forgot about the rig thanks for reminding me, I think that was only off screen capture anyway so hard to see any differences. Do you have a link to the SDCC party gameplay I must have missed that.

Edit: thanks for the link Shadow

I had forgot about the rig thanks for reminding me, I think that was only off screen capture anyway so hard to see any differences. Do you have a link to the SDCC party gameplay I must have missed that.

Still salty about the PC version. That line was so damned long and they kept letting celebs jump in front of me. I'd stay longer but I had coverage and stuff to do ;(

Arc07

If you’re aiming for 4K at 60fps, the ideal specs require an i7-6700K paired with a GTX 1080 or RX Vega 64. As far as PC features, the game includes a benchmark mode, support for 21:9 monitors, up to 8x MSAA and 16x AS, and unlocked frame-rate.

I feel better now.

Smax

FM6 had a great track list and the two tracks I was missing most of all are the confirmed returning Suzuka and Mugello, but...

I'm a bit disappointed they have only 4 more tracks than the previous game. 3 of them returning after a hiatus and only one brand new, which happens to be a fantasy street course, my least favorite kind of track. Essentially, there are no new racing tracks added to the franchise which is quite a negative surprise.

Add to that that the car roster is pretty much imported wholesale from FM6, it's DLC packs and FH3, with few new additions and I see very little new content for such an important new release.

In any case though, I've already pre-ordered Ultimate and getting an X for this. I always spend hundreds of hours on each FM and play them for the entire two years until the next release.

Theorry

Not veru good quality but some new stuff.....finally

Looks like Sonoma?

https://youtu.be/ic6FD5XGHIw

Yeah. :)

Plenty to come from the showfloor I expect, whilst the demo on display is similar to the E3 build, the gamescom build does contain a new car/track combo (Radical XRC at Sonoma) so there will definitely be some new stuff to see.

Our behind closed doors build that we're showing off to journalists also contains lots of new info that I'm sure you will all hear about soon once the articles from the show start to get released.

We also have other something else in the pipeline but until this is confirmed I'd rather not give any more details as I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

I really wish these devs would put up some quality direct feed before all these shit quality impression videos hit the net. Do they ever learn? First impressions matter.

Bobnob

Is Forza going to allow us to pit and change tires from a dry to wet compound? if not, its kind of a shallow feature that brings zero strategy to the racing experience. This is part of the reason i don't expect proper dynamic weather.

Top Bottom