• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ |OT| Time is money

Metanet...I love you guys. Not cause you threw me a beta code. Not cause you guys frequent the forum. I just love you. Keep up the good work. You'll always have my money.

top of the page edit:i love explosions!!!

explosionCU-747x309.jpg

_woLf

Anyone know if the pre-order bonus ends at 12EST?

I sure fucking hope not, because I just bought PSN credit to preorder it and then PSN went down.

I'm going to be royally pissed if I missed out because of that.

edit: Preorder link is gone. Can't even buy the game on the store right now.

Fucking awesome. Lost out on the 20% off because of sony's bullshit.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I sure fucking hope not, because I just bought PSN credit to preorder it and then PSN went down.

I'm going to be royally pissed if I missed out because of that.

edit: Preorder link is gone. Can't even buy the game on the store right now.

Fucking awesome. Lost out on the 20% off because of sony's bullshit.

To be fair...

Why on earth did you wait until literally the very last minute to preorder it?

baconcow

Hit triangle by accident and now my success stat is screwed up. lol ocd

Do status/deaths matter for anything (i.e. leaderboards).

Man... right off the bat that goddamn "intro to accepting your limitations" level lol

okay then. So it's gonna be like this, eh?

The music and "evening" color scheme are perfect for playing this in the dark on the couch. Hats off to everyone involved with this. My thumbs already have blisters.

Edit: Also, I really like the ability to view replays of top-tier runs in each level. It's a great way to tutorialize the player. Top stuff.

Mechazawa

Too bad about the online. N+ had some pretty basura netcode, but I was hoping they'd nail it this time.

I guess I'll talk the bajillion extra levels as consolation.

Eh, people's attitudes about indie pricing are in part due to a lot of developers (and publishers) undervaluing their shit. I'm glad to see some somewhat-higher profile indies challenge the "$15 tops" rule. Can't say if it'll be successful, but I kinda want it to be.

I don't understand wanting more indie games to be more expensive. Oftentimes, lower prices benefit both players AND the developer. A lower price means more people play your game and your reviews tend to be more positive which leads to better word of mouth and even more people buying and playing your game. A lower price often means more money for the developer as 100,000 people buying your $10 game is better than 20,000 people buying your $20 game. Low price games are impulse buys. Higher priced games are careful decisions that could easily get crowded out by other games with bigger budgets & more marketing.

N+ was one of my favorite early XBLA titles. I loved what little I was able to play of N++ at Playstation Experience. I want N++ to be as big a success as possible. Obviously I'm biased (our own games have found success by being inexpensive in a genre that conventionally is more expensive than most genres), but I think many indie games could be more successful (both in sales & revenue) with a lower price tag.

bender

What time is it?
Have all golds through C-02 with the exception of SI-A-00-02: intro to accepting your limitations and the level is diving me insane.

Music is awesome!

Have all golds through C-02 with the exception of SI-A-00-02: intro to accepting your limitations and the level is diving me insane.

Music is awesome!

That it's one of the tutorial levels is deliciously sadistic. I'm still waiting for a leaderboard replay that shows someone getting all of the gold. Even the top player listed leaves something like a dozen left and then peaces out haha

Also, my first encounter with that homing missile I literally yelled at the TV "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!".

bender

What time is it?
That it's one of the tutorial levels is deliciously sadistic. I'm still waiting for a leaderboard replay that shows someone getting all of the gold. Even the top player listed leaves something like a dozen left and then peaces out haha

Also, my first encounter with that homing missile I literally yelled at the TV "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE!".

I'm pretty sure I can get to 2-4 gold pieces but those few top middle are making me scratch my head.

Getz - Little Hand Bells is racking my nerves. It sounds too much like a watch ticking.

Streaming failure here: http://www.twitch.tv/bendersgame

Is the completion meter out of whack right now? Mine is showing 9690.019521% after completing 7 episodes.

Lol Nevermind, just found Numberwang. Was confusing coming from the beta.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Turns out your momentum transfers from horizontal to vertical. Someone got all the gold in the beta by doing a quick double hop on an incline.

CDV13

Co-op still so glorious. My roommate and I have first in a few of the sets now. Soon to be wiped out I am sure haha

bender

What time is it?
Got it! Nothing stops my OCD.

You need to jump at the bottom of the inclines in the corners and jump again at the top/bottom of the wall and puss towards the center of the map.

I loved the original, but does anyone else think 20 bucks is a little steep?

edit: I see now it is being discussed in this thread already.

I am on the side where this should be a little cheaper. Sure you CAN get your monies worth if you are totally into this, and love to do the time trials etc. But if you're like me, like the concept, but dont think you'll get more then a couple hours in, then 20 is a bit much.

I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people have a mentallity like that for a game like this. Therefore, I believe they would have a higher income if the price is lower. They might lower it later on, and let the people who highly enjoy this buy it at a point they deem fair though.

BashNasty

Hmmm, just encountered what seems like a serious bug. I couldn't see a friends level when searching in the "Made by Friends" tab, so I popped out to the PS4 menu, closed the application, and booted it back up. Upon booting up, a message popped up saying "Your save file is corrupt, press triangle to delete save and continue". Obviously I didn't want to do that so I restarted the game. Same message popped up. Reluctantly I pressed triangle, hoping the game wouldn't actually do what it said it was going to do, but it did. Upon reaching the menu, my save file was gone, and all my progress with it. Thankfully I hadn't gotten too far into the N++ levels, but I had completed all the tutorial levels, and all those scores are gone.

I'm not the most anal retentive gamer, so I can just pop back to where I was and continue on, but I'm pretty annoyed regardless. Never seen something like that happen before.

MrS

Banned
I loved the original, but does anyone else think 20 bucks is a little steep?

edit: I see now it is being discussed in this thread already.

I am on the side where this should be a little cheaper. Sure you CAN get your monies worth if you are totally into this, and love to do the time trials etc. But if you're like me, like the concept, but dont think you'll get more then a couple hours in, then 20 is a bit much.

I wouldnt be surprised if a lot of people have a mentallity like that for a game like this. Therefore, I believe they would have a higher income if the price is lower. They might lower it later on, and let the people who highly enjoy this buy it at a point they deem fair though.
The point highlighted seems a bit daft to me. Obviously it's not worth $20 if you're only prepared to give it 2 hours of your time. It's not a 2 hour game. That's like me saying "The Witcher isn't worth $60 because I only want to put 5 hours in to it". n++ looks like it has enough content to justify its price tag.

Getting back OT, what I played of game last night is a lot of fun but very frustrating. The plat is gonna be a labour of love.

I'm playing it right now while exporting (and preparing to leave uploading) a video we made about this game. The originals gave us plenty of fun times, always with a side of anger and cheers. Need sleep, but don't want to stop playing and need to get this thing uploading >_<

KKUV1H.jpg

(early concept for the video)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man, just as I start getting into this game my X button starts giving out. It still works fine, but it feels and sounds weird to press down, so I'm sure it's gonna crap out on me soon. This is my third DS4 since getting my PS4 (got two replacements on warranty due to shitty rubber and triggers, this one just 5 months ago or so). DS4 build quality is truly horrendous.

sheaaaa

What are the differences between n, n+, and n++? The platform it's available on? other things?

N++ is a sequel with a shitton more levels. I don't get why this is confusing personally.

Edit: Not a personal attack on you, don't get me wrong, just seen a lot of people thinking it's a remake or even the same game as N+

Novocaine

It's up on the AU web store now, but you have to search for it.

I know there's a fuck load of levels, but I'm still surprised at the 4GB size.

I hope it remote plays well.

Vashetti

Banned
It's up on the AU web store now, but you have to search for it.

I know there's a fuck load of levels, but I'm still surprised at the 4GB size.

I hope it remote plays well.

Make sure you have "Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode" disabled in Power Save Settings, and Remote Play set to stream in 60fps.

SerTapTap

I can't really agree that lowered price is really very helpful to the dev. 10k buyers at $20 is infinitely more preferable to 100k at $2 due to support, server costs, complaints. And the mentality of "indie games are worth NOTHING EVER" seems common enough that I doubt a lower price for a good product really makes a huge difference outside of bundles (that are massively harmful to people's perception of value and then make it hard to sell for >$5).

I'm really, REALLY glad to see console indie resist the mobile (and increasingly PC) attitude of racing to the bottom and thus making games that are disposable and low budget.

Man... right off the bat that goddamn "intro to accepting your limitations" level lol

okay then. So it's gonna be like this, eh?

That level seems cruel, but it's actually extremely kind. It's teaching you not to 100% because you are going to have an absolutely AWFUL time if you try to 100% all levels first play.

If you think it's mean because you got all the tutorial gold but it...that's because you haven't started the main game yet. Trust me, do not fret over gold the first playthrough.

The simple truth is that due to the promotion and the pre-order we didn't get press codes until yesterday.

Should have asked for an EU code (and made an EU account in advance). EU didn't have the silly preorder PSN problem so I got to play a week early. I had this happen to a different game just because it was released earlier in EU due to an EU developer, it's good to have US/UK/JP accounts on your PS4 just in case.

Though the root problem is, Sony, bruh, why do preorders prevent working review codes?!

baconcow

Played solo and co-op race for 3 hours before going to bed. Very fun. Kept accidentally pressing triangle and getting deaths. Was messing my head up, at first, with the success X/Y thing. Must be something wrong with me. Thumb started getting a little sore after 3 hours of intense platforming.

Game feels really nice, music is incredible, design is beautiful.

Great job.

I probably won't bang my head against impossible challenges for ages but I'm having fun going through the levels right now.

Top Bottom