• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paprikka

When doing the 5AP, 2 Moonlight Fest + 1 Automaton is better than 1 Moonlight Fest + 1 Automaton + 1 Bath, right?

Yeah, Fest beats everything else for the 5 ap one. It only drops stacks of either 1 or 2 dango so at best Bath will give an extra 2 per, Fest is a constant extra 3 for each drop.

Laiza

I wish I had more than 2 Archers.
We get Oda Nobunaga as an event freebie in either October or November, so there's that.

I have no archers and I'm kind of holding out for her at this point. I've been using support partners exclusively to fill that slot, which is, of course, suboptimal, but eh. Nothing so far has warranted I invest.

Gotta save that quartz for Jack or Mysterious Heroine X anyways.

sasari

Never got my account back so restarted. New account is actually a little better and just got Orion :D

Desperately need some friends though, getting no FP.

SeanTSC

Purged my Friends List of people who hadn't logged in in 30-50 days. Down to 36/53 friend slots, so I have some open if anyone isn't on my list.

828, 587, 553 - name is Sean

I currently have a level 90 Waver with a +3 CE and a level 80/85 Herc with a +3 CE for the event. I also have a level 80/90 Altera. I'm working on some others like Cu and Carmilla now. Sadly, blocked by Gears for Emiya.

kewlmyc

Never got my account back so restarted. New account is actually a little better and just got Orion :D

Purged my Friends List of people who hadn't logged in in 30-50 days. Down to 36/53 friend slots, so I have some open if anyone isn't on my list.

I currently have a level 90 Waver with a +3 CE and a level 80/85 Herc with a +3 CE for the event. I also have a level 80/90 Altera. I'm working on some others like Cu and Carmilla now. Sadly, blocked by Gears for Emiya.

Sent requests to both of you, I'm Myc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I want to roll the quartz so bad.

It calls to me.

It taunts me.

Maybe a few more tix.

I want to roll THE DICE.

I want to roll the quartz so bad.

It calls to me.

It taunts me.

Maybe a few more tix.

I want to roll THE DICE.

This seems like one of the worst events to roll on. Orion is only 'ok', and the two 4* rate ups are literally the worst ones. You'll also lose chances at good CEs by the event CEs taking up rolls.

If you wanted a good Archer, we already had a shot at arguably the best in the game (Gil). You could have rerolled for Emiya when creating an account, or picked him from the free 4* event. The upcoming GUDAGUDA event gives you Nobunaga for free, and she's arguably better. We also get Kuro, possibly the best 4* archer, for free in a later event.

Unless you can't go on without those massive melons in your collection, there's very little reason to roll on this event.

Use tickets to scratch the itch. Hoard quartz. We got Tamamo, Drake, Scathach, Okita, and Jack coming in the next 4 months.

T-Rex.

Banned
yeah I was planning on using only 2 tickets for this and ended up using like 10 just cos I couldn't stop, but it allowed me to save my quartz at least

Moonlight

Banned
It's just that this event is the sort where it's hard to feel like you're making real progress. So much to buy, and it's all pretty pricey. The story was fun (especially the whole St. Martha bit and Altera randomly showing up), but now it's just sorta monotonously farming. Doesn't help that there's some major events running in a few of the other games I play.

I know Halloween has its' own map, so hopefully that'll be more fun.

x-Lundz-x

Request sent.

elty

So if you are not lucky enough to get CE drop, you will not be able to max LB it. Will event with welfare servant be the same? Given my luck I can pretty much expect 0 drop and only meaningful to buy the first copy from shop.

Add me to the list of people this event is slowly killing, not knowing how the event was gonna be, I thought it would be something like nerofest, and yesterday I thought it was not that boring, since it gave something to do in class, but now I think I'm gonna start wasting my ap on one or two heart runs and the rest on the 5 ap, otherwise I may crash and burn.

And speaking of adding, sent a request to both sean and sasari, name's exia btw :)

So if you are not lucky enough to get CE drop, you will not be able to max LB it. Will event with welfare servant be the same? Given my luck I can pretty much expect 0 drop and only meaningful to buy the first copy from shop.

Do you have an Arash or Robin Hood, at least? Most people will be spending their time this event farming the 5AP Dumpling Gathering-Novice and it is chock full of weak Saber Class enemies. I actually just got the CE to drop there. I think it helps that the AP cost is so low, so, after a ton on runs, statistics should be in your favour. The other must have unit would be a strong Lancer, but I'm not ready for that myself. So, I'm just going to borrow someone else's tricked out Lancer.

In other news, I've been throwing Summon Tickets at the Gacha just 'cause and guess who decides to actually pop up? It's "Just Smile" aka Stheno. She must have heard me gossiping about her.

The writing for this event is fantastic. If only the story mode wouldn't take itself so serious...

This event almost makes me want to pull Martha...almost.

I got Camilla to lvl60 after pulling her with a ticket
I'm starting to appreciate crit assassins because she melts any riders. In the 20ap quest she can NP Martha, the immediately kill Georgios with her remaining actionss. They are riders but it seems pretty impressive because her crit must be 25k+ damage per attack because I see about 18k + a bunch of smaller numbers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bought all the archer monuments from the shop. Just 2800 dango to go for the rest of the monuments and pieces!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Rolled some yolo tickets and ended up with an extra Waver and another Emiya. What's a rate up again?
X5vAmuy.png

Well, it could be worse.

XiaNaphryz

The fact that it takes 13.8k dumplings to get everything is scary.

I've gotten about 1.3k in the first day. I plan on grinding the 5 AP until I get all the monuments, then switch to the 30 AP to grind for hearts til the end, picking up whatever shop pieces I end up being able to cover.

x-Lundz-x

So I'm trying to do the math and I think running 5AP may be better than 30?

Also, I am about at 500 now and I guess I'l get the CE and rebuild my stock and start going for the monuments first. Good idea you think?

XiaNaphryz

So I'm trying to do the math and I think running 5AP may be better than 30?

Also, I am about at 500 now and I guess I'l get the CE and rebuild my stock and start going for the monuments first. Good idea you think?

Yes, this is pretty much the way to go once you get the first CE from the shop. Equip that, get another Moonlight CE as a support, and then give your Automota to another then run the 5 AP, clearing new quests as you unlock them. You can trade in the special dumplings once you finish the story quests, I believe you need 200 total of those to unlock them all.

x-Lundz-x

Yes, this is pretty much the way to go once you get the first CE from the shop. Equip that, get another Moonlight CE as a support, and then give your Automota to another then run the 5 AP, clearing new quests as you unlock them. You can trade in the special dumplings once you finish the story quests, I believe you need 200 total of those to unlock them all.

All of the quests are unlocked and done. I'm just grinding at this point so yeah it's time to get the CE and start grinding the shit out of the 5AP I guess lol. Thanks.

Edit:
Moonlight CE equipped hope I can get some FP now lol.

Edit 2:
As soon as I bought the Moonlight CE and second one dropped for me while running a 10AP just for the hell of it. Yay I guess?

elty

Do you have an Arash or Robin Hood, at least? Most people will be spending their time this event farming the 5AP Dumpling Gathering-Novice and it is chock full of weak Saber Class enemies. I actually just got the CE to drop there. I think it helps that the AP cost is so low, so, after a ton on runs, statistics should be in your favour. The other must have unit would be a strong Lancer, but I'm not ready for that myself. So, I'm just going to borrow someone else's tricked out Lancer.

I don't mean the event is difficult. What I mean is, I cannot get 5 copies of the essence because the shop only has 3 copies. I wonder if future event where they give out a 4* servant would be the same - 2 copies that requires RNG, 3 copies of grind.

Paprikka

I don't mean the event is difficult. What I mean is, I cannot get 5 copies of the essence because the shop only has 3 copies. I wonder if future event where they give out a 4* servant would be the same - 2 copies that requires RNG, 3 copies of grind.

From what I understand, it is easier for the servants. So long as you actually play the full event you can get NP5, zero RNG involved.

Finally ascended Saint Martha to Max! I still need to level her up and max her ATK, but still, pretty nice.

I was ready to ascend Medea to max too, but for some reason I thought Caster monuments were to be available in this event too. So now I don't really have anything else to grind for, but I'm still getting the Monuments, the EXP and the Fous.

I got the 500 Dango CE and two 5 AP runs after I got a second copy as a drop. Now I'm grinding the 10 AP to get Dragon Bones for Atalanta.

And I'm really, really tempted to do a 10 roll, although I already have Atalanta and EMIYA...

Got lucky and got Moonlight as a drop from a regular story event battle. Is it worth trying to save up enough buns to get another one from the shop so I could run 3 of them??

Got lucky and got Moonlight as a drop from a regular story event battle. Is it worth trying to save up enough buns to get another one from the shop so I could run 3 of them??

I don't think so. I think you'll be perfectly able to buy most of the shop with two Fest + a Support Fest and a couple Automatons/the other CE while grinding the 5 AP node.

From the top of my head, you'll get about 5-7 additional Dango per 5 AP run with an additional Fest, considering Rare Dango are worth half a regular Dango, so the additional 1000 Dango Fest would pay for itself only after about 170 runs or 850 AP spent and without level ups, Apples or Quartz, 850 AP means about three days of recharging, meaning that only after three days of constant grinding (depleting your AP bar every time it fills up), you'll starting profiting from it.

Sent you request as Aegea.

x-Lundz-x

Not sure if I did anything wrong but I am still not 500 normal / 200 rare dumpling yet :/

You have the CE equipped from the story right and are using friends with them as well? I just did all the story missions and did each AP quest to get the rewards and was right at 200 special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom