• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Naruto F

This shit was TERRIBLE, holy fuck. First the Sasuke and Itachi talk, full of psuedo-"deep" talk and Sasuke who has all of a sudden became a complete crybaby (then again, is that surprising?) in the wake of a time where Sasuke has already turned into a maniacal villain. Don't worry, next chapter he'll change into a completely different person! Then the closure to this chapter ended up with a pretty sexist message in which Tsunade says, "I may be a woman, and I'm not as good as a man, but I can still kick ass!" Holy shit does this chapter piss me off on every front.

Wiseblade

Don't worry, it branches out from Yami.

My Balls is awesome
You misunderstand. I don't want any plot crap. The authors had 3 years to add a plot in Jump, it's far too late to start now.

Naruto

Hopefully Tsunade fights now. I'm still pissed Kishi had to scrap her fight against Pain.
That's because Kishi has already exhausted all of Tsunade's potential. Her three gimmicks were:
  • super strength
  • medical techniques
  • slug summon
and he already used them all up in the three sages fight. The only way to make things interesting would be to create a fourth gimmick for her and he doesn't care enough about the character to do that.

Sasuke

Talk no Jutsu chapter. First Hokage has as much hax as true Madara.

Yotsubato 77

Its always refreshing to read this manga. Loved the ending.

Naruto 576

Glorious chapter. The Sasuke Itachi talk was quite compelling with Itachi seemingly showing signs of disappointment, guilt, yet some hope that Sasuke would change, and Sasuke actually listening and trying to understand. I also loved the mention of the headpoke that was so memorable and always touching and funny of the past. This gives me even more hope that Sasuke truly will do the right thing at the right time, with him now thinking and eventually confronting his peers and ultimately Naruto. Excellent.

At the end of the chapter Tsunade was pretty epic standing her ground to such mean spirited talk from Madara. Next chapter is going to be so awesome on many fronts.

Cwarrior

Naruto

itachi & sauce coversation= wtf?? am i reading, it's like am reading one of those hipster animes thats meant to be so deep

Watch out guys, tsunade going bust out her super secret forbidden sandwitch making jutsu!

Naruto 576

Glorious chapter. The Sasuke Itachi talk was quite compelling with Itachi seemingly showing signs of disappointment, guilt, yet some hope that Sasuke would change, and Sasuke actually listening and trying to understand. I also loved the mention of the headpoke that was so memorable and always touching and funny of the past. This gives me even more hope that Sasuke truly will do the right thing at the right time, with him now thinking and eventually confronting his peers and ultimately Naruto. Excellent.

At the end of the chapter Tsunade was pretty epic standing her ground to such mean spirited talk from Madara. Next chapter is going to be so awesome on many fronts.

I know right, the chapter was soooo good.

10/10

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
You misunderstand. I don't want any plot crap. The authors had 3 years to add a plot in Jump, it's far too late to start now.

That's because Kishi has already exhausted all of Tsunade's potential. Her three gimmicks were:
  • super strength
  • medical techniques
  • slug summon
and he already used them all up in the three sages fight. The only way to make things interesting would be to create a fourth gimmick for her and he doesn't care enough about the character to do that.

Well, quite a few of the chapters are devoid of plot completely, and I warmed up the story after a while, but even if you don't like it, I think it's still worth continuing. :)

Desmond

• super strength
  • medical techniques
  • slug summon

Here comes Slug Mode. It's obvious.

Mr. Fix

Naruto F

This shit was TERRIBLE, holy fuck. First the Sasuke and Itachi talk, full of psuedo-"deep" talk and Sasuke who has all of a sudden became a complete crybaby (then again, is that surprising?) in the wake of a time where Sasuke has already turned into a maniacal villain. Don't worry, next chapter he'll change into a completely different person! Then the closure to this chapter ended up with a pretty sexist message in which Tsunade says, "I may be a woman, and I'm not as good as a man, but I can still kick ass!" Holy shit does this chapter piss me off on every front.
Naruto

Pretty much how I felt. Also wtf at the Hashirama hyping? He's now known as the strongest shinobi? The hell happened to Hiruzen? Why's every other chapter consisted of talk-no-jutsu and flashback panels? Guh.

Desmond

Naruto

Pretty much how I felt. Also wtf at the Hashirama hyping? He's now known as the strongest shinobi? The hell happened to Hiruzen? Why's every other chapter consisted of talk-no-jutsu and flashback panels? Guh.
Sarutobi was the greatest of his lifetime. The Senju bros were dead.

Also why the hell does every piece of dialogue have to be ''Plot no Jutsu''. Is it too hard to keep your attention without stupid flashy fights? Jesus.

Big One

Banned
Also why the hell does every piece of dialogue have to be ''Plot no Jutsu''. Is it too hard to keep your attention without stupid flashy fights? Jesus.
The dialogue in Naruto is absolutely horrid in every way possible, contradicts established character development, and is straight up psuedo-deep and tries to be this psychological evaluation of these characters but falls flat on it's face cause Kishimoto has no idea how a human being is supposed to act like. So yes, when Naruto does "talk no jutsu" it's pretty fucking terrible.

Big One

Banned
Bleach D

Someone needs to make a tally of how many times it's been said, "WHAT'S THE MATTER, ICHIGO KUROSAKI?!?!"

Meh chapter is meh.

Desmond

Bleach

This was decent, after all the arc is in it's fledging state. I wasn't sure wtf was going on in some panels. I hate to say it but nothing really happened. Last weeks chapter moved very quick, but this week was slow in comparison.

Wait, this is Sasakibe?

290px-Chojiro.png

Gazzawa

Bleach

This was decent, after all the arc is in it's fledging state. I wasn't sure wtf was going on in some panels. I hate to say it but nothing really happened. Last weeks chapter moved very quick, but this week was slow in comparison.

I'm hoping there is some sort of massacre (with real deaths) coming soon.

PK Gaming

Naruto

Finally. After a string of bad chapters, Kishi delivers with a pretty good one. Surprisingly, I didn't mind Sasuke's reunion with Itachi; Itachi basically admitted to being a failure (and its true, everything he's done and planned turned out to backfire in his face). I wish the kage fight portion was longer though since it was actually good this time around. Its clear to me that Madara has this sort of sick obsession with the 1st Hokage. When he mentioned that he was the best medical ninja ever, I burst out laughing but it seems that Kishimoto is going to have Tsunade go all out... or at least do something in this war arc. I enjoyed this chapter nonetheless. Oh yeah, Madara is eternall fucked because he's sexist. Its one of the laws of fiction and he just broke it.

PS: Get back to Naruto please.

Bleach

Bleach is moving at a lightning pace, and I love it. Ichigo finally has a good skirmish... I had forgotten what that was like since Bleach is all about 1 or 2 hit kills nowadays. I didn't like how he was goaded into using Bankai (I feel as though he should have been powerful enough to take him on without it; I guess thats a testament to how strong that guy is) but it was a good fight regardless. Soul society is going to war in 5 days, which is a lot sooner than I anticipated. Awesome chapter.

One Piece

Fun chapter. Just WTF is the masked man master, a logia? This pretty much confirms this is the place where Aokiji and Akainu fought as well a lab of Vegapunk, this place has a lot of history already.

Wiseblade

One Piece

The Vegapunk tie-in was obvious but interesting. I still have no idea where this are is going, but I'm enjoying the ride so far.

Bleach
Things seem to be going at good pace , let see what happens next chapter .

One Piece
This island has some of history behind it , looking forward to see what other crazy stuff on there.
The boss look like he has some sort of liquid power .

Steroyd

Naruto

Ooooh! Tsunade stepping up to the plate to get worfed, yaaaay~

One Piece

Island had more history to it than the obvious revelation, and man do I really want to see that Admiral fight, here's hoping we see some anime filler on the issue. >_<

Khezu

Naruto
So it kinda seems like tobi lied to sasuke when he said itachi valued his life more then anyones, and in realty, well itachi probably likes his brother, he only spared him so he could later kill him. Makes sense, they didn't seem to really be the best of brothers. I bet deep down inside, itachi wishes naruto was his brother, since it seems like blondie is the only one he respects enough to talk too.

Bleach
Arrow people are boring. Hopefully they get there ass handed to them fast and we can get on to the real story, no way there final villains.

Bleach.

You know when the manga is gonna end soon, when fillers pretty much covered these scenarios already somewhat lmao. Was 1 page away from ichigo's bankai from getting sealed too with some abstract looking nonsense that kubo tends to enjoy drawing.

Naruto.

Wtf is this, a transcription from a naruto fanboy interview about sasuke? And yeah. the air of disappointment is glorious. And I guess next chapter we will have retcon tsunade ownage? Probably not. Women kicking ass in naruto... There was a chance at the beginning of time skip with sakura kicking ass and puppet grandma... but... nah.

One Piece

Seems to be a pretty by the books arc for now.

Naruto
So it kinda seems like tobi lied to sasuke when he said itachi valued his life more then anyones, and in realty, well itachi probably likes his brother, he only spared him so he could later kill him. Makes sense, they didn't seem to really be the best of brothers. I bet deep down inside, itachi wishes naruto was his brother, since it seems like blondie is the only one he respects enough to talk too.

yeah, it's pretty damn weird that the first time we see Itachi smile outside of flashback when he's still in Konoha is when he talk to Naruto and transfer Shisui's eye power to Naruto. and then when he come back as Edo Itachi too he seems really close to Naruto. and even now when talking with Sasuke, he's thinking of Naruto.

the whole time reading their interaction I keep thinking if Sasuke see Itachi and Naruto interaction, he'll probably goes even more nuts than now. lol.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Naruto

firmly being back to being terrible I see. Itachi, supposedly caring for his brother, can't even be arsed to set him straight and has given up on him. And while I know shounen is often leaning on a sexist slant, Kishi's portrayl of his female characters is downright fucking disgusting at time. "EVEN THOUGH I AM A WOMAN.. I...!!!!"

Bleach

GETSUGA BLACK INK TENSHOU.
And now: Nazis.

One Piece
This arc is fucking crazy. The island of the great Admiral battle now fucked up beyond belief, some sort of suspicious kid hospital/prison, centaurs and mythical creatures pouring out of every fucking area, and now Smoker has arrived. New World is off to a hell of a start. also: "Leggy" :lol :lol :lol

Bleach
tumblr_m05pybPsGX1qckh5uo1_500.jpg

After such an epic first three pages, it felt like everything is going at some brisk lightning pace. I would have loved to see this animated...at least the Bankai seal and Old man Yama's line but...still. I did enjoy the fight with Ichigo which kept me on the edge of my seat., didnt expect to getsugatenshou out of it, thought someone would intervene.

Griffith

Banned
One Piece

It'll be interesting to finally get some insight to some of Vegapunk's research, though it probably won't reveal too much. The boss looks like he could have some sort of Logia or a result of one of Vegapunk's experiments.

I really hope we see something from Akainu and Aokiji's fight at some point. For it to have affected the island and it's weather to this extent it must have been a wild fight.

PK Gaming

One Piece

Oh come my way &#9834;

Seriously this chapter was pretty awesome. Admittedly, I didn't care for group B's interaction with the children, but the early glimpse at this arcs main antagonist was very nice. Group A's shenigans were up to par (as expected) I laughed my ass off when Luffy was joking around with the centaur in one panel, and fighting him in another. The ending comment through me for a loop... So this WAS the battlefield where Akaini and Aokiji fought.

Wowza.

One Piece

Kind of a dull chapter overall. Sanji's kick was the only memorable part. Smoker at the end indicating this was the battleground was compelling but its not like we will have in panel discussion or highlights of the fight or a flashback so overall kind of pointless. Perhaps the anime will expand upon it and show this epic showdown? Luffy was cool.

Bleach

Kind of a dull chapter overall. Ichigo's getsuga tenshou was the only memorable part. Yamamoto at the end indicating this will be the battleground was compelling but its not like we will have in panel discussion or highlights of the fights that are going to happen. Perhaps the anime will expand upon it and show this epic showdown? Ichigo was cool.

Desmond

Bleach

Kind of a dull chapter overall. Ichigo's getsuga tenshou was the only memorable part. Yamamoto at the end indicating this will be the battleground was compelling but its not like we will have in panel discussion or highlights of the fights that are going to happen. Perhaps the anime will expand upon it and show this epic showdown? Ichigo was cool.

If it returns yes. I assume it'll return in 1-3 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom