• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

Just remembered that I forgot to do my daily pull today...

Holy Shit! I'm freaking out, this is amazing. Thunder God Mode Activate! I finally have a 5* attacker.

Nice!! Congrats man!

I really wanted our Thunder God, but since getting him, I have to admit I'm even happier than I thought. Getting Yun without trying on CNY banner left me happy. I got the 5* without even trying. But I felt that in my group I had at the time, he wasn't that hot. Even though I'm still working on his DW, I'm enjoying him even more. Without doing much, and sometimes not even trying, he and the God decide to chain like a mofo. I didn't realize just another unit might help Yun feel powerful before any TMs. I'm really digging him now and appreciating the God even more. I wanted him already... so... but fact he helps another member feel better is amazing.

He truly is the Thunder God.

Muku

Wow congrats Cmurph! Them daily rainbows be awesome these days.

That comic also got me. Hahahha. Love Lightnings face.

Iceman829

When I run the Ifrit raid to use up the orbs, I tend to avoid using an Orlandu so I can save them for when I run the Auracite event.

I noticed that the entire screen as I went to pick a friend unit was Orlandus. So out of curiosity, I scrolled a bit. Outside or Rixa's Ace, the entire first 3 screens of my friend's list is either Orlandu or Noctis. I'm pretty damn sure I'm the only one left that doesn't have at least one of those dudes.

Meanwhile, I pulled my 18th blue trash unit since the start of this banner with my 1/2 pull. That makes 15 consecutive blue crystals off individual pulls, all of which have been Bedile level shitty.

Sigh....

You scrolled right past my dancing lady and forgot about me. My mage army will now roast that giant turkey you have as a leader

Shouta

Finally got the stones I need to get Divine Ruination to +2 .Cripes that drop rate is garbage.

Now to get a few of the black stones so I can get Kuja's Thundaga to +2 before he gets his 6-star form tonight.

Syntsui

Finally got the stones I need to get Divine Ruination to +2 .Cripes that drop rate is garbage.

Now to get a few of the black stones so I can get Kuja's Thundaga to +2 before he gets his 6-star form tonight.

What if Kuja gets Thundaja though? lol

tuffymon

Thundaja is weaker and costs more MP than his Thundaga +2

Thundaga +2 = 250% AoE 1 Hit Thunder Magic Attack + 100% Each Use (Max: 5), 20 MP
Thundaja = 200% AoE 1 Hit Thunder Magic Attack + 100% Each Use (Max: 5), 45 MP

Doesn't he only have 2 enhancements though? What if Thundaja enhancements come with his 6*? Probably some sorta passive though >.>;

Shouta

Doesn't he only have 2 enhancements though? What if Thundaja enhancements come with his 6*? Probably some sorta passive though >.>;

Yes, Thundaga and Barthundra are his only awakened/enhanced skills. Even if he gets Thundaja with his 6-star form, Thundaga +2 will do more damage and be more efficient which is why it's worth upgrading it.

tuffymon

Yes, Thundaga and Barthundra are his only awakened/enhanced skills. Even if he gets Thundaja with his 6-star form, Thundaga +2 will do more damage and be more efficient which is why it's worth upgrading it.

You don't think they'd give him a third enhancement with his 6 star form immediately? Even if it was Thundaja +2 it'd still lose out?

Alkez

I just remembered that Kuja's attack and magic are almost identical. I wonder if they'll give him some hybrid skills.

Also wondering if he'll get his trance form, as his LB does the animation like Terra's does and she got it at 6*. If so I guess we can expect an overpowered separate unit as well lol.

I just remembered that Kuja's attack and magic are almost identical. I wonder if they'll give him some hybrid skills.

Also wondering if he'll get his trance form, as his LB does the animation like Terra's does and she got it at 6*. If so I guess we can expect an overpowered separate unit as well lol.

Its kind of irritating how they handled this

Like the LB transformations are cool but then they made Esper Terra.... and 6 star Terra can only transform during her LB animation

booo

Shouta

You don't think they'd give him a third enhancement with his 6 star form immediately? Even if it was Thundaja +2 it'd still lose out?

They would have announced character enhancements as well, I think. Kuja already got enhancements as well so it's unlikely he'd get a second set any time soon.

If anything, they'll give him a unique Thunder spell like the Emperor has instead of giving him Thundaja.

Azuran

Banned
Well, they aren't mutually exclusive things...

It'll be interesting to see who also goes in for Aileen and Tidus. I think it'll only be the big spenders from this thread and the rest of us will "settle" for Orlandeau.

I'm going all in for Tidus no matter what. I need him. He's one of the few characters I will whale for.

I could go for Orlandu but his banner blows so whatever. I'm sure he'll be back down the line anyways.

IIRC you're, if not a whale, then a very healthy dolphin, right?

My personal opinion, very likely coloured by the reality that I am more like an emaciated dolphin or an above-average sized otter, is that neither of the upcoming chainers will be worth pulling for in the short term. Contingent upon a couple of things.

If you have Ramza... and if his enhancements roll out in the first batch (like they did in JP)... and if they are the same (brokenly powerful) values... then Eileen especially and Tidus to a lesser extent offer not enough over Orlandeau until their own enhancements roll out.

Eileen has a group heal over time and a group MP refresh over time. That's cool, but... Ramza will do them both and better.

Tidus has a group MP refresh with a 100% water resist buff, an attack that gives +40% to all stats for everyone, and entrust. That's even cooler, and Ramza doesn't do the water resist buff (and can't entrust if he's singing), but he still does the other two better.

Because of these things I have serious doubts that Gumi will be following the enhancement roadmap 100%.

Don't get me wrong - both great units with their own niches, (Earth is less resisted than Holy, the other two have native Killer abilities, etc.) both with arguably superior enhancements to Orlandeau, both worth using if you pull them. Worth chasing if you aren't a whale and you already have Orlandeau? Err...

Emanciated and very, very lucky dolphin with a splash around Christmas, since I wasn't buying presents for anyone. I've only ever chased Elza and Noctis, but I appreciate this analysis, and I absolutely don't see the need to even target (not chase) anyone except for Rikku going forward.

Almost paradoxically, because I have Ramza and Randi, I'm probably better off focusing on their enhancements than grabbing any new characters.

I'm going all in for Tidus no matter what. I need him. He's one of the few characters I will whale for.

I could go for Orlandu but his banner blows so whatever. I'm sure he'll be back down the line anyways.

Tidus and Onion Knight are both for sure all in for me. Eileen maybe. Veritas of the Dark and Cloud I would but a double 5* banner is cancer.

Alkez

Its kind of irritating how they handled this

Like the LB transformations are cool but then they made Esper Terra.... and 6 star Terra can only transform during her LB animation

booo

What would have been cool is when you use their LB and they transform they stay that way for 3 turns or so, instead of/as well as being able to use a move that does it. Though I know nothing about coding or game design so I don't know how possible that would have been.

c-murph

Wow congrats Cmurph! Them daily rainbows be awesome these days.

That comic also got me. Hahahha. Love Lightnings face.

Thanks! I was kinda down because I'm stress out about having three assignments due this week. Two tomorrow and I'm still working to finish them... Kinda cheered me up.

robotuw

So, any videos out there of someone finishing an Orlandu chain with a maxed Fire from Below or some other ridiculous chain finisher?

Pejo

Daily got me finally topped off for Bioga Blade from Duane. Looks like my "instant win" button is now complete.

Who needs Orlandu anyways.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(I'm just now realizing the nonsense about pulling a fake noctis asserted that he popped out of a blue crystal! LOLOL mstevens you will never live that one down)

Pejo

The Duane pull got me salty so I did a follow-up 10+1 with my lapis.

On screen flutters down a rainbow - aaannnnnd..... Dupe Olive.

Fuck this fucking game and it can die in hell.

That's the 2nd Off banner 5* I've gotten in only 3 10+1 pulls, which by itself is fine, but fuck - of all the banners to troll me.

That's the 2nd Off banner 5* I've gotten in only 3 10+1 pulls, which by itself is fine, but fuck - of all the banners to troll me.

Just think of the double finishers you will have once you get some chainers though. I want a 2nd Olive.

Valentus

Getting a second olive is just like complaining like some asshole i know that get mad for getting a third Noctis instead of orlandu

Pejo

Just think of the double finishers you will have once you get some chainers though. I want a 2nd Olive.

Yea this is true. Maybe it's finally time for me to get around to 6*'ing another 2 Chizurus. Is she still the best non-orlandu 6* chainer?

Getting a second olive is just like complaining like some asshole i know that get mad for getting a third Noctis instead of orlandu

I'm a collector foremost, and I only casually grind TMs. It would take me probably til 2018 to grind full sets for 2 Olives, and basically - I just wanted an Orlandu. I get that I was lucky to get Dark Fina and an Olive in only a handful of pulls, but it still stings when it's a unit you wanted in particular. But I do get what you're saying - better than being 0 rainbows in 20 10+1s.

Kitoro

Any word on when the Brave Frontier crossover will return so that I can finally get Elza's event item? I got so upset that I missed getting it when I pulled her, that I swore I wouldn't get back into the game until I can get it. :p

tuffymon

Any word on when the Brave Frontier crossover will return so that I can finally get Elza's event item? I got so upset that I missed getting it when I pulled her, that I swore I wouldn't get back into the game until I can get it. :p

Long story short... no idea :p

c-murph

Her ability? Just put some 30% atk on her and you'll be fine.

Lyrian

Long story short... no idea :p

Pretty much what Tuffymon said.

Anecdotally....

-- According to the JP Release schedule, Global is ~1.5 months from when the BF Collab comes around again. That said, pretty much everyone knows at this point that the timing of the event is pretty much all up in the air completely.

-- Global precedent on event specific items is "now or never". It's very highly doubtful that her Tablet of Ruin will be offered again, based on how event items have so far never been repeated. However, Elza is surely destined to be on the second BF banner. Which creates a quandry as Elza still doesn't exist in JP... yet. So... maybe there's a chance?

-- Which brings up an interesting sticking point. What exactly does Gumi do with Elza on the BF-2 banner? Everyone generally loves purple-haired scythe-wielding Goth girls, but she's not exactly Orlandeau or Noctis. Given that Vargas will be on the BF-2 banner, that means it's going to be a split rainbow banner. Player's aren't exactly going to be thrilled for that unless enhancements happen first. Hrmmm...

Now that's an interesting thought to chew on. The first set of enhancements would belong to a "global exclusive" time-limited 5* base that was mostly ignored on her first banner and it has been long enough that most launch-ish players with her have left the game for various reasons. Elza has some abilities that aren't totally power creeped out that would be game-breaking if enhanced (like Ravishing Blow). Advertise that with enhancements against a buffed Maxwell that generally needs that kind of debuffing to win ..... yeah, people would pull.

But, then, there is the matter of timing. WHEN does this happen?

-- Given that the FF14 raid event has occurred, according to the JP release schedule, the FF-2 banner would be the final banner **directly before** enhancements hit. It would would seem plausible to move the enhancements patch up one event to cover the BF-2 banner. NOTE: The enhancements patch comes with the release of the next island after Mysidia, so ~2 months from now.

-- BUT.... and a huge BUT here, the banner comes with 6* Tilith, which everyone knows is an OP chase unit. It is equally likely that because of Tilith, they will both share the same fate as Orlandeau and be banished to the friend zone for an unknown number of months until power creep (and a few more global exclusives) catches up to them or passes them by.

Each of the two possibilities are equally likely, and the winds of change could blow either way.

Did it. Only farming on Pro (beat ELT once) and today I got to 1.6m. 41% of Moogles in the bag once the monthly Arena rewards hit.

Feels good to be done with that event. Now to stockpile and sell for Gil.

Also what a difference F2P vs P2P is. Watching Valentus video and he's like "Thancred TM sucks!"

I'm over here like "You crazy!". I love them. All that extra HP helps. Granted I have no 20 or 30% ATK materia.

Broseybrose

I like Thranced TM for my secondary attackers like Chiz and CoD.

God rid of a few inactives so I have some open slots. Sharing Noctis. 10+1 and 20 tix but no Orlandeau for me... yet. Actually Noctis is still my only base 5*. But I have Ling so Im happy lol.

Have GAF in greeting plz!

350 186 594

Prototype

Now you can relive that moment forever.

onlCdby.gif
Holy shit! Lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
-- Global precedent on event specific items is "now or never". It's very highly doubtful that her Tablet of Ruin will be offered again, based on how event items have so far never been repeated. However, Elza is surely destined to be on the second BF banner. Which creates a quandry as Elza still doesn't exist in JP... yet. So... maybe there's a chance?

-- Which brings up an interesting sticking point. What exactly does Gumi do with Elza on the BF-2 banner? Everyone generally loves purple-haired scythe-wielding Goth girls, but she's not exactly Orlandeau or Noctis. Given that Vargas will be on the BF-2 banner, that means it's going to be a split rainbow banner. Player's aren't exactly going to be thrilled for that unless enhancements happen first. Hrmmm...

Now that's an interesting thought to chew on. The first set of enhancements would belong to a "global exclusive" time-limited 5* base that was mostly ignored on her first banner and it has been long enough that most launch-ish players with her have left the game for various reasons. Elza has some abilities that aren't totally power creeped out that would be game-breaking if enhanced (like Ravishing Blow). Advertise that with enhancements against a buffed Maxwell that generally needs that kind of debuffing to win ..... yeah, people would pull.

But, then, there is the matter of timing. WHEN does this happen?

-- Given that the FF14 raid event has occurred, according to the JP release schedule, the FF-2 banner would be the final banner **directly before** enhancements hit. It would would seem plausible to move the enhancements patch up one event to cover the BF-2 banner. NOTE: The enhancements patch comes with the release of the next island after Mysidia, so ~2 months from now.

-- BUT.... and a huge BUT here, the banner comes with 6* Tilith, which everyone knows is an OP chase unit. It is equally likely that because of Tilith, they will both share the same fate as Orlandeau and be banished to the friend zone for an unknown number of months until power creep (and a few more global exclusives) catches up to them or passes them by.

Each of the two possibilities are equally likely, and the winds of change could blow either way.

If we want to put thought to it, They do not need the BF Mogking event to return, rather, unless they want to make a bunch of new items. There isn't a reason for it to return.

What will come back for sure is the BF Banner along with Maxwell. That would basically be filler now between King events. 6* Versions of Tilith and Maxwell, Vargas added to the banner. Elza will be in there along with the Karls. So it will be a blood bath of a banner again.

Valentus

Well, I finally the moogle from the raid doing only pro (I cleared elite twice back to back but didn't have the time to run it consistently). Just in time :)

Dude your videos are getting so good. That rant about Thancrad had me laughing for ages.

When we getting a face cam reveal lol?

Thank you! Im just having fin while i make those. I wont get away of the trials vídeos but i always wanted to do some ffbe vídeos with my twisted sense of humor XD

Now about the Brave Frontier banner:

Gumi is in Big trouble because the Maxwell trial was in the Vargas banner. But that trial was wasted un the first Brave Frontier banner.

Now, the second Brave Frontier banner Will be tricky as fuck because It Will have Vargas and elza as featured 5 star units.

And the worst is that we Will have still tilith karl and seria base 4 star.

So the rates of this banner Will be horrible, and lets not say if gumi adds a sixth unit (a base 3) to fuck more things .

The Brave Frontier banner Will be a lapis sinkhole if you dont have tilith yet.

Syntsui

Thank you! Im just having fin while i make those. I wont get away of the trials vídeos but i always wanted to do some ffbe vídeos with my twisted sense of humor XD

Now about the Brave Frontier banner:

Gumi is in Big trouble because the Maxwell trial was in the Vargas banner. But that trial was wasted un the first Brave Frontier banner.

Now, the second Brave Frontier banner Will be tricky as fuck because It Will have Vargas and elza as featured 5 star units.

And the worst is that we Will have still tilith karl and seria base 4 star.

So the rates of this banner Will be horrible, and lets not say if gumi adds a sixth unit (a base 3) to fuck more things .

The Brave Frontier banner Will be a lapis sinkhole if you dont have tilith yet.

They could split it in two like they did with the first Tactics. It will be two weeks anyway.

Kouriozan

If we want to put thought to it, They do not need the BF Mogking event to return, rather, unless they want to make a bunch of new items. There isn't a reason for it to return.

What will come back for sure is the BF Banner along with Maxwell. That would basically be filler now between King events. 6* Versions of Tilith and Maxwell, Vargas added to the banner. Elza will be in there along with the Karls. So it will be a blood bath of a banner again.
I'm glad I already got Tilith, back then I thought my chances to get her would be even lower with another 5* in the banner.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm glad I already got Tilith, back then I thought my chances to get her would be even lower with another 5* in the banner.

The rates are unaffected by 5* and 3* units. Only how many of the same * units are in.

So that 6-7% chance for the 4* banner unit, will be split between 3.

Good news, no troll Yellow. Bad news, the rate to get Tilith isn't improved from last time. Still will be 2%, give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom