• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Kakaroach

I actually managed a a decent team of INTvankov, SW Brook, Apoo, and TS Franky. A pity I don't need any of the units or books from this fortnight. I love these gimmicky fortnight conditions, hope to see more of it in the future.

mileS

I'm just running my normal team for the FN. Don't think you need to use any of the boosted units, though 2 are on my normal team by default. Would kill for a double stam option.

Don't need to use any of the boosted units but it helps it go fast thats for sure.

TS Luffyx2
Coliseum Apoo (his special can be ready stage 1 if you have sockets lol)
Ivankov
SW Franky
Any Brook

Everything is boosted besides Luffy. Can kill Brook first turn with the one INT orb you get on Ivankov. Specials on the last stage. Stupid easy. I kind of enjoy 'restrictions' like this. Hope to see more.

ExVicis

Honestly I just went into the FN with my Max Special Jinbe and a bunch of INT Fighter characters and just activate Jinbe and just attack as normal. Even with the harder to hit perfects (I'm not sure if they stack yet) it's one turn.

How essential for Forests is it to get Corazon's special up btw? I'm kinda wanting to run T-Bone for Shanks books.

EMT0

Banned
While I have all of the RR units who have books in this FN, none of them are particularly crazy, not even Corazon. So atm I'm just prioritizing farming story mode. I'd rather be farming Magellan, Enel, or Wapol but today the only thing worth farming is actually Moria in Ch. 8 of Marineford Pt. 1. So let's see if I get lucky today.

bobohoro

FN is easy. I run my Fuji/Shiki Driven team straight through the stages and use Doffy on Yorki.

This being the first FN where I'm actually farming for legend books that I have, I can now see where all the pain comes from. This is pretty nasty. Doesn't help that skilling up Corazon isn't really all that important and I don't need anything else from the FN.

Could also run Tsuru for Momonga sockets, but I'll have to run Buster Call once more for Dalmatian anyway, so that can wait. T-Bone would actually be the one FN with the biggest quantity of drops interesting to me, himself being a decent unit, books for Koza and X-Drake/DeCalvan Brothers, but the last two are totally useless. Might just farm up 20 Koza books during the week just to get him down to a CD of 16/17.

Will probably try my luck with Apoo once again.

4xt6bmM.png

This should actually be pretty safe.

I'm also kinda thinking of starting to sell useless FN units for Ray points. But I can't quite push myself to do it yet.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This being the first FN where I'm actually farming for legend books that I have, I can now see where all the pain comes from. This is pretty nasty. Doesn't help that skilling up Corazon isn't really all that important and I don't need anything else from the FN.

I'm also kinda thinking of starting to sell useless FN units for Ray points. But I can't quite push myself to do it yet.

Farming for legend books is definitely the #1 most annoying thing in the game. It's made somewhat better when you can do it on double stamina, but the drop rate is still brutal. And when you farm up 10 books after dozens of runs... and get no skillups... it hurts.

And I always sell my useless FN units. I'm done hoarding.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Don't need to use any of the boosted units but it helps it go fast thats for sure.

TS Luffyx2
Ivankov
SW Franky
Any Brook

Everything is boosted besides Luffy. Can kill Brook first turn with the one INT orb you get on Ivankov. Specials on the last stage. Stupid easy. I kind of enjoy 'restrictions' like this. Hope to see more.

That's exactly the team I'm using. :eek:

EMT0

Banned
Planning ahead a bit to later tonight, this is the team that I'm thinking of trying against Mihawk. Yeah, I could just use as Barto team and laugh all the way to the bank, but where's the fun in that, especially when I have yet to take Kuzan out on a test drive?

9mbLDeq.png

Pretty straightforward since all of these guys except Kuzan are at max CD(and he really doesn't matter here). Take a few hits early, casually clear stages, then by the time I get to Mihawk pop all four specials. Even if I goof and I lose my attack bonus, I can still easily clear...although to simplify matters further I might swap Robin for GP Usopp to get a 6 combo hit unit on this team. Once I run out of Kuzan friends and stop goofing around, I'll be using this team:

Bl1AOQQ.png

Ideally, I'd swap GP Usopp for Halloween Franky in order to get a guaranteed orb on my boosted Jean Bart, but eh. The idea here is pretty simple. Run through everything, because Sengoku CD reductions. Once you get to Mihawk, either take a hit using Alvida or delay, Alvida's really just there for her combo hit. Proceed to beat up Mihawk for four turns and win, using Jean Bart's special if you get an orb on him, or alternatively just want to kill him faster. Easy team, easy life.

koryuken

TS Luffyx2
Ivankov
SW Franky
Any Brook

Nice I'm using a legend BB team for awesome speedruns. Shiki is one of the boosted units, so his cooldown is 7. Use him on Brook for 1HKO. Then attack regularly on Yorki, and his damage reduction buff doesn't work on BB :)

GaimeGuy

so, how about dat new RR Rayleigh?

Rayleigh: 5*, Slasher / Cerebral (QCK)

Captain Ability: Boosts ATK of QCK units by 2.5x and HP by 1.2x, boosts ATK by 3x after hitting 4 Perfects in a row
Special: Swaps all orbs (including [Block] orbs) into QCK
Crewmate Ability: DEX, STR and INT orbs are counted as matching for him

Hana-Bi

Well, if you have legend Doffy and Zoan Lucci you don't need rr Rayleigh for his special in a qck team as sub. He's a nice captain though.

Captain Ability: Boosts ATK of QCK units by 2.5x and HP by 1.2x, boosts ATK by 3x after hitting 4 Perfects in a row

Eh, he's alright. I don't think QCK units have ever been hurting for orb conversion. The block conversion is nice but pretty situational. That being said, his special is still better than 6* Ray.

commish

Eh, he's alright. I don't think QCK units have ever been hurting for orb conversion. The block conversion is nice but pretty situational. That being said, his special is still better than 6* Ray.

Legend Ray, who I do adore, has the worst legend special. It's just so useless 99.9999% of the time. Ugh. And yeah, QCK units are probably the last color that need an orb changer. If he was free spirit, though, I'd love him on my TS luffy team.

EMT0

Banned
Well, if you have legend Doffy and Zoan Lucci you don't need rr Rayleigh for his special in a qck team as sub. He's a nice captain though.

If we ignore Zoan Lucci's low CD, you could make a case for Ray being better than him as a sub since he has a decent sailor ability. And if you don't have Legend Doffy, he's superior to Zoan Lucci for sure. So maybe something like RR Ray + RR Jabra is the poor man's Zoan Lucci + Legend Doffy?

koryuken

It would be awesome if he was STR and gave full STR for Akainu. As is, full QCK board is limited in use.

EMT0

Banned
....and now I realize that Mihawk is tomorrow. Welp, no point sitting on these snails. At least the new event seems pretty neat, a cotton candy equivalent from snails will be great for my units

RedBoot

LOL, we get the special Big Top for the full two weeks, unlike the Moby or Sunny. Oh well.

But yeah, time to get some bonus stats with all the eggs.

Kyou

Are there any reliable Baccarat teams for Mihawk? Trying to decide if it's worth it for the slim chance of double Mihawks

6*+ Usopp is pretty interesting. He delays all the enemies by 1 turn at the start of each wave but his max CA is 1.75x if your HP is below 30%. And since he makes all natural orbs count as matching you'll get a collective boost of 5.25x boost for your crew when using a SW Ace FC. This doesn't sound that great when you consider double SW Ace will give you a 9x boost but with Usopp's delay you'll get 2 turns of a 5.25x boost which technically is more damage overall. The only real obstacle to this would be against enemies with health percentage based interupts. Oh and it'll probably make all your runs longer if you care about that sort of thing.

Edit: And now that I think about it, you would potentially lose damage unless you're using 2 turn boosters like SW Franky and Zephyr over Byrnndi World and Van Auger.

Overall I'd say regular 6* makes for a better sub. Being able to delay a debuff protected enemy for 1 turn doesn't seem too bad, arguably more useful when using 6*+ Usopp with a WB FC but I feel like using TS Usopp against debuff protected enemies might be the better choice.

commish

That feeling when you get get snails right before going to sleep and get multiple meat. Hate going to bed with 280 stamina but oh well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I will allow it....

Nope. The units themselves are all groups (ie. Demalo and Fake Nami, etc). Actually, I'm curious as to whether the evolved unit (which is all the Fakehats together) can be socketed by any of the four individual units.

The raid does drop some Strawhat skill books, though there's no telling if they'll adjust the list since we're in a very different place than JPN was when they got the raid. If they don't change it up, it'll be our first shot at Story Robin books, though.

Alright thanks - thats good to know so i will just clear it for the stone.
Not much to run right now - but thats fine...last couple days were already busy.

MiTYH

I'll keep those Brook sockets until TS Brook is released (hopefully next sugo).

Good call, forgot he was coming. Does look superior.

In other news, after... let's say 5 or 6 snail stamina refreshes in the past two days, I just got my SECOND Corazon book. This is gonna be a long haul...

commish

I'm surprised at how much Brook is dropping. I will collect 50 at this rate and pray to RNGesus for TS Brook.

mileS

Yeah he does seem to drop a lot. At least at first for me. My first 7 runs he dropped I believe. You probably have a better chance at him if you kill him first I assume. I had posted about that earlier but the next day I was getting mostly skill books from him. So again, RNG is everything. It is a good idea to save copies for sockets though. TS Brook is godlike for TS Luffy/Slasher teams. Probably my most wanted character right now.

So which is the "best" Brook to socket from this FN? I'm leaning towards Bone To Be Wild since i have him maxed, but the FN Humming Brook I use a lot more, even with 2 instead of 4 sockets.
I would say besides saving sockets for TS Brook, Bone to be Wild aka 3d2y Brook is the next best one to socket. He is a niche unit but has served me well in a few coliseum runs already.

EMT0

Banned
Yeah he does seem to drop a lot. At least at first for me. My first 7 runs he dropped I believe. You probably have a better chance at him if you kill him first I assume. I had posted about that earlier but the next day I was getting mostly skill books from him. So again, RNG is everything. It is a good idea to save copies for sockets though. TS Brook is godlike for TS Luffy/Slasher teams. Probably my most wanted character right now.

I would say besides saving sockets for TS Brook, Bone to be Wild aka 3d2y Brook is the next best one to socket. He is a niche unit but has served me well in a few coliseum runs already.

I used to think that too, but nah, the drop is already predetermined, order doesn't matter in terms of how you kill units.

mileS

I used to think that too, but nah, the drop is already predetermined, order doesn't matter in terms of how you kill units.

Figured as much. I still catch myself trying to manually target on turtle times trying to get a better drop. Anyways as far as Brook goes, he was dropping all the time for me and now that I made a mental note to save copies for future sockets? nothing but skill books lmao.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay guess i have something to run after all - cleared Apoo for the first time....then cleared it again, first time ever that i can "farm" a Chaos Colo stage,. Feels really good lol.

Not having Shiki skilled pretty much screwed my Driven team on every Colo Guide i looked up - so i dint even bother anymore. Thanks to Wedding Perona though i can actually run some stages though - boost isnt as strong as Shikis but better than nothing.

Stage 4
Normal attacks, farm for orbs than kill with Personas active

Stage 5
Stall a round for Apoo to activate Berserk - than Diamante/Doffy/Trebol/Gastino actives and its pretty much done. Based Driven lifestyle.

If i can maxskill Apoo that will revive my G3 team and improve my SW Team options.

6* Usopp should totally had the art swapped around

I should be able to clear Apoo consistently with LL but whiff the attacks so much don't get why X'D

EMT0

Banned
Speaking of Legend Usopp, I think this may just be the new Ace forest dream team

The Friend Captain is 6*+ Usopp, while the bottom right unit is 6* Usopp. AKA, stall all the things. Maybe even replace Hancock with Kizaru for a lower burst but to constantly keep supercharging 6* Usopp's delay. Meanwhile, your non-turn burst damage is equivalent to this:

Definitely seems like something that can clear obnoxious pre-boss stages in forests reliably then stall out on the boss stage.

Speaking of Legend Usopp, I think this may just be the new Ace forest dream team

The Friend Captain is 6*+ Usopp, while the bottom right unit is 6* Usopp. AKA, stall all the things. Maybe even replace Hancock with Kizaru for a lower burst but to constantly keep supercharging 6* Usopp's delay. Meanwhile, your non-turn burst damage is equivalent to this:

Definitely seems like something that can clear obnoxious pre-boss stages in forests reliably then stall out on the boss stage.

Usopp's stall isn't going to replace the benefit of a full heal that you can use multiple times through out a run. Not only that, your bursts are going to be notably weaker compared to what you would otherwise be doing with a double Ace team. Two turns of burst at 5.25x is going to pale in comparison to two turns of burst at 9x. Waves of enemies with health % based triggers could be a problem, specifically ones that berserk and set their cooldowns to 1.

EMT0

Banned
Usopp's stall isn't going to replace the benefit of a full heal that you can use multiple times through out a run. Not only that, your bursts are going to be notably weaker compared to what you would otherwise be doing with a double Ace team. Two turns of burst at 5.25x is going to pale in comparison to two turns of burst at 9x. Waves of enemies with health % based triggers could be a problem, specifically ones that berserk and set their cooldowns to 1.

I thought about that and putting in Legend Marco in place of Franky so that you can stall even more for your delays, which I figure is what will actually happen for forest runs but I didn't want to commit to doing the math on that. While your points on % HP triggers is true, I don't think I've ever experienced that being a problem anywhere outside of the final boss stage. Although the more I think on Usopp's captain ability, the more eh I feel on it. They should have made him be at least a 2x captain at <30% HP. As for bursting....yep. Usopp may end up being a big whiff as a Legend outside of being a superior sub.

I thought about that and putting in Legend Marco in place of Franky so that you can stall even more for your delays, which I figure is what will actually happen for forest runs but I didn't want to commit to doing the math on that. While your points on % HP triggers is true, I don't think I've ever experienced that being a problem anywhere outside of the final boss stage. Although the more I think on Usopp's captain ability, the more eh I feel on it. They should have made him be at least a 2x captain at <30% HP. As for bursting....yep. Usopp may end up being a big whiff as a Legend outside of being a superior sub.

The problem with Usopp as a captain for forests is the inability to stall for your other units' specials. Suppose you fight a wave with a debuff protector. You get one extra turn from his CA and another turn if you use his special. Assuming you manage to beat this wave in 3 turns (with his somewhat lackluster damage) and had to use your crew's specials, you go into the next turn with no way to kill anything without your specials up.

EMT0

Banned
The problem with Usopp as a captain for forests is the inability to stall for your other units' specials. Suppose you fight a wave with a debuff protector. You get one extra turn from his CA and another turn if you use his special. Assuming you manage to beat this wave in 3 turns (with his somewhat lackluster damage) and had to use your crew's specials, you go into the next turn with no way to kill anything without your specials up.

My assumption on that would be that you'd be using your other delayer(assuming you yourself are not using 6*+ Usopp as a Captain but instead as a Friend Captain) on that next stage to let you stall/scratch away at what you're facing on the next stage. The tradeoff on him is that while double Ace requires two matching orbs to reliably do the same damage as Usopp + Ace would do every turn, which is where
you'd hope that
the difference would be made up. In other words, I think Usopp is going to be great for guys that like to calculate their way through everything stage by stage, but be considered a bad lead by most players.

I'm one of the latter tbh, but I'm trying to account for his positives as a lead

My assumption on that would be that you'd be using your other delayer(assuming you yourself are not using 6*+ Usopp as a Captain but instead as a Friend Captain) on that next stage to let you stall/scratch away at what you're facing on the next stage. The tradeoff on him is that while double Ace requires two matching orbs to reliably do the same damage as Usopp + Ace would do every turn, which is where
you'd hope that
the difference would be made up. In other words, I think Usopp is going to be great for guys that like to calculate their way through everything stage by stage, but be considered a bad lead by most players.

I'm one of the latter tbh, but I'm trying to account for his positives as a lead

There's still a couple problems. Usopp's CA doesn't boost damage until you're below 50% HP or 30% HP for a 1.75x boost meaning you'll likely want to be around 10k HP to do as much damage as possible. The second and biggest issue is that you can't chain delayers together. You might be able to stall for 3 turns but you can't delay them again until after you've taken another hit and with 10k HP, you probably won't be surviving that long to to make it through the 10 significant waves of a forest. Given his lackluster damage I'm even more inclined to believe that you'd struggle to just defeat enemies in those few stalled turns anyway.

EMT0

Banned
There's still a couple problems. Usopp's CA doesn't boost damage until you're below 50% HP or 30% HP for a 1.75x boost meaning you'll likely want to be around 10k HP to do as much damage as possible. The second and biggest issue is that you can't chain delayers together. You might be able to stall for 3 turns but you can't delay them again until after you've taken another hit and with 10k HP, you probably won't be surviving that long to to make it through the 10 significant waves of a forest. Given his lackluster damage I'm even more inclined to believe that you'd struggle to just defeat enemies in those few stalled turns anyway.

Yeah, Usopp will potentially struggle with certain forests, he won't be like Corazon who can clear anything. We'll have to wait and see though, Usopp's got enough of a fanbase that I'm sure teams will begin to crop up of him clearing content.

Just got the kuja ship. It took me 437 cola to upgrade

Congrats, but oof at that cola cost. My Moby Dick is going to be waiting for a very long time :'(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, now to bring up something from a few weeks back. At the time it kind of floundered due to excitement over farming Kizaru taking away a lot of people's time but seeing as we're in something of a lull period(plus have Raid Mihawk tonight), it seems like a good time to resurrect this OPTC-GAF project:

1. Whitebeard: Four Emperors -
  2. Dark King Rayleigh - Kyou
  3. Boa Hancock: Snake Princess -
  4. Sengoku the Buddha - RedBoot
  5. Shanks, Black Clad Emperor -
  6. Portgas D. Ace, Black Clad Division Commander -
  7. Log Luffy / Monkey D. Luffy, Voyage Dream: Pirate King -
  8. Marco the Phoenix Whitebeard 1st Div. Commander -
  9. Sabo, True Power of the Mera Mera no Mi -
  10. 'Hawk Eyes' Mihawk, World's Strongest Swordsman - MiTYH
  11. Sir Crocodile: Logia, Ex-Warlord of the Sea - GuardianE
  12. Rob Lucci, CP9's Strongest - bobohoro
  13. Heavly Yaksha Donquixote Doflamingo - commish
  14. Knight of the Sea Jinbe, Warlord of the Sea - ExVicis
  15. Donquixote Rosinante -
  16. Man-Eating Bartolomeo -
  17. Trafalgar Law Warlord of the Sea -
  18. Issho / Fujitora - MANUELF
  19. White King Cavendish -
  20. Kuzan / Aokiji -
  21. Borsalino / Kizaru -
  22. Blackbeard, Captain of the Blackbeard Pirates - EMT0
  23. Sakazuki / Akainu -
  24. Roronoa Zoro, Reunion of the Straw Hat Pirates -
  25. Captain Buggy -
  26. Timeskip Luffy / Monkey D. Luffy, Reunion of the Straw Hat Pirates - Neoriceisgood
  27. Hody Jones, the Ghost of Fishman District -
  28. Shirahoshi-hime, Ryugu Kingdom Princess -

The first Legend up for discussion is Legend Mihawk, or INTHawk. Go ahead and discuss, well, anything related to him, really. Where he shines, where he flounders. Comparisons of him against other Legends that compete for his niche. Anything from advice, opinions, to questions are all helpful in building up this guy's Legend page. The format we'll be using is at the bottom of this post for when we bring it all together, but it's not too important right now.

To start it off...sockets. I'm planning on socketing my INTHawk tonight and I'd like some advice. I'm thinking of going with my standard sockets for any unit that I socket with 5 slots, namely:

Bind
Despair
Charge Special
Autoheal

Charge Special is the winner although there's a case to be made for orbs, which is largely a preference, but that's because I value Charge Special over Orbs 9/10 times unless it's a Forest

---------------------------------------------------

Post on Slasher orb manipulators
Post on Mihawk Dream Team(?)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The first Legend up for discussion is Legend Mihawk, or INTHawk. Go ahead and discuss, well, anything related to him, really. Where he shines, where he flounders. Comparisons of him against other Legends that compete for his niche. Anything from advice, opinions, to questions are all helpful in building up this guy's Legend page. The format we'll be using is at the bottom of this post for when we bring it all together, but it's not too important right now.

To start it off...sockets. I'm planning on socketing my INTHawk tonight and I'd like some advice. I'm thinking of going with my standard sockets for any unit that I socket with 5 slots, namely:

Bind
Despair
Charge Special
Autoheal
Orbs

Orbs is largely a preference, but that's because I don't really value Damage Reduction over Orbs unless the unit already stacks damage reduction, such as Barto or TS Luffy. This setup seems fine/standard, right? The only real competition to Orbs and DR to me is RCV Boost, but nobody actually sockets their units with it so it's largely moot.

I was kind of waiting for MiTYH to put a starting post together before talking about it, since that way we can point to specific entries to expand rather than just talk generalities, but either way works.

I personally think Damage Reduction isn't worth it on any team that isn't a tanky high health team. Your team needs to be built to take damage for it to be worth it really. The only teams that require it to clear content are things like 3D2Y Usopp teams. RCV Boost is plain not good. The extra RCV doesn't even get boosted via captain abilities or specials.

If I had INThawk, I'd choose the sockets you chose.

GaimeGuy

Yeah, Usopp will potentially struggle with certain forests, he won't be like Corazon who can clear anything. We'll have to wait and see though, Usopp's got enough of a fanbase that I'm sure teams will begin to crop up of him clearing content.

Congrats, but oof at that cola cost. My Moby Dick is going to be waiting for a very long time :'(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, now to bring up something from a few weeks back. At the time it kind of floundered due to excitement over farming Kizaru taking away a lot of people's time but seeing as we're in something of a lull period(plus have Raid Mihawk tonight), it seems like a good time to resurrect this OPTC-GAF project:

Bind
Despair
Charge Special
Autoheal
Orbs

Orbs is largely a preference, but that's because I don't really value Damage Reduction over Orbs unless the unit already stacks damage reduction, such as Barto or TS Luffy. This setup seems fine/standard, right? The only real competition to Orbs and DR to me is RCV Boost, but nobody actually sockets their units with it so it's largely moot.

It took me 9 attempts to upgrade the ship from level 1 to level 2.

Then again I maxed the fishmwn pirates ship with only 1 failure, and that was on the level 1 to level 2 upgrade

mileS

INThawk is a legend I got very early playing optc. Honestly I haven't used him very much at all. I just got the Coffin ship a couple weeks ago. Had no need for it at the time. Sengoku was my bread and butter. Now with coliseum picking up and all the new raids we have I put more value in options. These posts will help me a lot I bet. I really want to start using him more.

My special lvl is still 25turns. Missed the books last time around. I won't go crazy when they come back later this month but I'll try to put a nice dent in it. Mine is almost done socket wise because of the 2nd Anniversary Sunny ship. I mean how could you not speedrun Mihawk when that was up? That was a lot of stupid fun.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I feel like something that's really undervalued with INThawk is just how good his special is. It is one of the best specials in the game hands down in overall utility. It is beyond phenomenal, and it accomplishes things that no other special does (aside from arguably Elizabello after 35 turns of stall).

- AOE burst for clearing reviving bosses
- Stage clearer
- Boss and mob softening damage for high density forest stages

There's so much unique functionality, and he can be thrown on any rainbow team as a sub to great effect. Some forests and raids are notably harder without him, and he allows the player to get a bit creative about their burst timings.

Top Bottom