• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

On my best days, I'm a fan of both. But MvC3 burned me pretty badly with not really giving me much of what I wanted (More Spider-villains, most Cosmic Marvel stuff, Mega Man X, Jon Talbain, a Sengoku BASARA rep, etc.), so it left me pretty jaded besides Dante, Super Skrull, Rocket Raccoon and Vergil.

That said, I'm probably more hype for the Marvel side just a bit this time around, because I'm hoping the idea that less/no mutants on the base roster will be the best shot some Marvel characters will get at being in this game. Though, at least seeing X finally join the party and Capcom talking about "leveraging their older IPs" gives me hope for even that side, as well.

Yeah with the exception of zero I really disliked the capcom side last game. I too want some more spidey villains or other cosmic characters.

• Ghost Rider (either Johnny Blaze or Robbie Reyes will do)

I feel like the Marvel team should embrace alternate costumes that actually turn the fighter into a different character (and I don't mean costumes that just make them look like another character, like Zero with the X alt...), with a new announcer call and new voice clips and such. Basically, do what Smash 4 did with Alph, the Koopalings, and the female/male variants of Wii Fit Trainer, Robin and Corrin.

UMVC3 had little hints of that (IE When Deadpool's in his Cablepool outfit, he exclaims "And you thought Cable wasn't in this game!"), but it'd great if they went all the way. Robbie Reyes is the Ghost Rider that's in the MCU but Johnny Blaze is the original that most people associate the character with and already had his foot in the door in the series, being in Ultimate. So having Reyes be an alt costume with his own voice clips would be a pretty clever way of having both incarnations of the character be there without wasting two roster spots.

It's a nice and terrible way to get around licensing deals

Nice in that those characters will be in the game

Terrible in that they'll cost extra

If true, I would imagine it has nothing to do with licensing deals and everything to do with Marvel seemingly only relaxing their completely arbitrary X-Men/FF merchandising embargo earlier this year, when MvCI was already deep in development. The initial roster was probably locked down back when the total embargo was still in place.

ZeroCDR

X is in, hope to see Zero and Frank West return. X-Men DLC? Cyclops and I'm VERY happy.

Everything else is gravy, I assume we'll see more Guardians characters in addition to MCU Avengers. Some more Spider-Man representation would be nice.

Hope to see a large portion of UMvC3 characters ported over, would be a shame to lose any of them.

dan2026

Some Stormin' Norman would be nice.
4791787-1932807101-green.jpg

Syril

I know the Monster Hunter team doesn't like the idea of having a singular representative of hunters in general, but they totally have a default felyne mascot, so I want to see a Felyne Prowler. In the latest game they have a really extensive moveset too between all their support moves.

Kouichi

Been waiting for the Heath roster thread!

I have plenty of requests but there's one man I want more than anyone else.

qUgYhiWwU3HG-k_j6Yfk8DEi_N3dZQhj.png

Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
There's no too big for Marvel. I would love to see a giant dragon (maybe Sentinel sized) fighting. I feel like there's a move set for it. But they'll probably go for a more boring MH rep like a 'hunter' or a palico. Considering there's going to be a Hollywood movie for some reason, I feel like a MH rep is pretty certain.

Gene (God Hand)
It's an actual crime he wasn't in Marvel 3. Please right this wrong. Also I would love to see the credits used as his theme.

Rashid (Street Fighter)
I think there will definitely be a SFV newcomer in this, I just personally want it to be Rashid. I would love to see a hyper version of his fighting style.

Marvel characters I less care about. Daredevil is a favourite of mine so hopefully the MCU push means he is a for sure slot. I'd love Spider-Gwen so much, but there's no real reason to have her when you can have Spider-Man.

I so hope that Nightcrawler ends up in Infinite!!

I wonder what all the gems will end up doing. It's easy to guess/speculate on what all the power and time ones will do, but what about the mind and the soul gems?

Will be interesting to see what they come up with.

In MSH they did this:

Power: Damage Increase
Space: Super Armor
Soul: Life Recovery
Time: Speed Increase
Mind: Meter Regeneration
Reality: Elemental Attacks/Projectiles

Kinsei

Banned
Here's the characters that I want in the base roster. There are a bunch more that I could have added but I wanted to stay at least semi realistic.

Marvel
Ms. Marvel
Squirrel Girl
Gwenpool
Devil Dinosaur
Carnage
Venom
Spider-Man
She-Hulk
Baby Groot
Rocket Raccoon
Iron Fist
Star-Lord
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
Punisher
Daredevil
Doctor Strange
Black Widow
Thor
Hulk
Ultron

Capcom
Sigma
Captain Rose
Regina
Gene
Dante
Vergil
Amaterasu
Akuma
Frank West (Old look, new can be a DLC alt)
Phoenix Wright
Leon Kennedy
Albert Wesker
Captain Commando
Strider
Maximo
Firebrand
Spencer
Roll
Dr. Wily
Edward Falcon
Anakaris

If we were to get like 40 characters at launch, I'd like

Marvel

Iron Man
Captain Marvel
Captain America
Spider-Man (Spider-Gwen alt costume)
Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Gamora
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Thor
Ultron
Black Panther
MODOK
Super-Skrull
Hulk
She-Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Doctor Strange
Luke Cage

Capcom

X
Tron Bonne
Dr. Wily
Sigma
Ryu
Chun-Li
M. Bison
Morrigan Aensland
Phoenix Wright
Franziska von Karma
Nina
Zack & Wiki
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Rad Spencer
Arthur
Firebrand
Jill Valentine
Nemesis T-Type
Dante

Bonus

Scrooge McDuck

Azure J

I didn't get to do this before because of class but here goes:

Capcom

1. Ryu (Street Fighter)
2. Mega Man X (Mega Man X)
3. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
4. Dante (Devil May Cry)
5. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
6. Jill (Resident Evil)
7. Wesker (Resident Evil)
8. Viewtiful Joe (Viewtiful Joe)
9. Amaterasu (Okami)
10. Captain Commando
11. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)
12. Rouge (Power Stone)
13. Ruby Heart (MvC2)
14. Maki (FInal Fight)
15. Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
16. B.B. Hood (Darkstalkers)
17. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
18. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
19. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
20. Akuma (Street Fighter)
21. Zero (Mega Man Zero)
22. Bass.EXE (Mega Man: Battle Network)
23. Ryu/Nina (Breath of Fire 2/3)
24. Tiffany Lorde/Akira (Rival Schools)
25. Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright)

Marvel side is always a mix of characters that I like leaving as surprises. I can't do great guessing there beyond MCU stuff, but I really hope that Dr. Strange & Dormammu return.

Kouichi

He's probably fine, he got a new game a little while back and is apparently all the rage over in Japan

Yeah I'm already very confident he'll make it given his huge popularity and the fact that he's one of the few Capcom ips that still consistently gets new games. If not the main roster, then guaranteed DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just got on my laptop, so some of my contents is pretty much gone so I'm going to start over with some works. Please forgive me and being patience with me so I could slowly re-add the contents back in the thread... Forgive me for pulling a Capcom with a barebone thread.

Also quote this post to get Marvel Vs. Capcom Discord if anyone are interested.

Yeah I'm already very confident he'll make it given his huge popularity and the fact that he's one of the few Capcom ips that still consistently gets new games. If not the main roster, then guaranteed DLC.

Not to mention he was in UMvC3. I'd say his chances are extremely good.

Was wondering if there would be some new faces on the Capcom side and they've basically released nothing since MvC3 outside of remakes/remasters.

Interesting thread you made Intelli. :p

I wish I knew more about Marvel and Capcom in general so I could confidentally speculate on the roster TBH.

As long as there are no lame new characters from SF5 I'm happy.

Also, Nilin from Remember Me is cool.

GotG and Deadpool are safe bets, I would like something obscure from Marvel, like Cloak and Dagger or Namor.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
As long as there are no lame new characters from SF5 I'm happy.

Also, Nilin from Remember Me is cool.

GotG and Deadpool are safe bets, I would like something obscure from Marvel, like Cloak and Dagger or Namor.

Cloak and Dagger are getting their MCU intro next year in a show on Freeform (formally ABC family)

dan2026

I kind of hope Ryu is the only Street Fighter character in this.
Make more room for newcomers.

But I also know half the cast will probably end up being street fighter plebs.

Aside from the expected players (Spidey,Dr. Strange, Avengers mains), I would like to see . . .

Howard the Duck (pipe-dream, I know)
Deadpool
Star-Lord
Groot
Rocket
Green Goblin
Daredevil
Thanos
Ant-Man
Black Panther

Khezu

Capcom

Talbain
Fou Lu
That lady from that one gif that dances and has nice butt
Trish
Vergil
Dante
Phantom(the fire spider from DMC1)
Mercedes
Fire Brand
Jedah
Dreadlock guy with wife arm
Treble

Marvel

Songbirl
Moonstone
Green Goblin
Cyclops
Emma Frost
Magik
Nova
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Old Lace
Loki in Sif's body
Jessica Drew in her old outfit
The Hood
Lockjaw

All the game really needs is another Phoenix Wright character, Zack and Wiki, Groot, Venom, and "Welcome to the family, son."

Also no more garbage characters from other fighting games, minimize the number of Street Fighters, and cut Hsien zoo please.

Fing fang foom should take sentinels place as the big for marvel.

He's a space dragon, therefore he's too big.

I just want another Mega Man character and for him/her to not be terrible. I've always wanted a Mega Man team to not be terrible and on a system that is relevant. TvC gave me that team but it was on Wii, so....yeah. I'm hoping for Zero, Proto Man, or Bass.EXE.

I don't know this but I've heard then word before. In what run (year) does she go into Binary mode?

Carol used to be Binary after the whole Rogue thing, and she joined the Starjammers. To that end, I believe it was well after her original solo book, and according to wikipedia was back in 82. Her Binary powers went away by the time of Avengers vol 3 back in the mid 90s, and have popped up occasionally since then.

Pachimari

Another Marvel thread, another Gambit begging post from me.

Every other character is gravy.
This guy here is my new favorite poster. Right here.

Bring back Gambit dammit.

Carol used to be Binary after the whole Rogue thing, and she joined the Starjammers. To that end, I believe it was well after her original solo book, and according to wikipedia was back in 82. Her Binary powers went away by the time of Avengers vol 3 back in the mid 90s, and have popped up occasionally since then.
Does she still do Binary somewhere in her runs between 2012-2016? Is she just being powered up when she does this?

Predictions: are we getting Groot + Rocket as seperate characters, Groot with Rocket tagging along or Rocket with baby Groot tagging along?

Top Bottom