• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only they didn't choose Prisoner and Damnation. They could have replaced them with some amazing maps from Halo 2 :/

Damnation is a pretty good map IMO, prisoner is trash.

Which is funny, because I was excited to play on prisoner and not damnation when they were announced.

zap

I just can't stand them... Probably because I never played a ton of Halo 1 LAN, so I don't have the same nostalgia for it.

Damnation and Prisoner are absolutely ruined by jetpacks (moreso than normal) as well :/

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
It's quite fun. It's just a shame that it's restricted in Matchmaking to Anniversary maps.

Yes. It is the only game type i really play anymore when I play halo. I just wish they would add more maps in the rotation now. Reflection, Lockout remake, Blood Gulch...etc. Then I would be o so happy.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
If only they didn't choose Prisoner and Damnation. They could have replaced them with some amazing maps from Halo 2 :/

Which maps would you have preferred? I am happy with what they did but I also have the belief that when they release a new game they should have ALL of the old maps included. I know that is not realistic....BUT I WANT IT TO BE!

I just can't stand them... Probably because I never played a ton of Halo 1 LAN, so I don't have the same nostalgia for it.

Damnation and Prisoner are absolutely ruined by jetpacks (moreso than normal) as well :/
All maps are ruined by jetpack. And while we are at it, all maps are ruined by armor abilities.

feel

Currently sifting through Living Dead for the Defiant achievement. I think I've heard more 4 year olds in one game of Living Dead than I've passed through at a mall. So mind-numbing.
I was trying to get that achievement a while ago, sat through about 10-15 awful matches before getting Condemned, and then the game made me a zombie in every single round of that game. Fuck this game and whoever came up with all these new achievements.

Overdoziz

Banned
-Weaker melee

Also done to emulate Halo: CE's more moderate melee damage. Because of these weaker melees, the visual feedback on shields is still useful because a melee won't kill you while you still have shields.
In Anniversary if you have no shields and full health one melee still won't kill you. :/
I don't like the Anniversary gametype anyway. The 3sk pistol is garbage.

That looks pretty good, does the demo have multiplayer?

Demo on Tuesday includes:
Zoe is playable, refer the demo to a friend to unlock Mac for the demo.
Tutorial 1: ground tricks, carving controls.
Tutorial 2: sky diving for air controls.
Run 1: JT2. (Rockies, IIRC.)
Run 2: Bulldog. (New Zealand.)
All tracks RiderNet enabled, meaning you'll be able to compete against your friends' records in the demo!

An element of MP is included but not PvP, that would be global events as you have just seen from the video.

kylej

Banned
Worrying about achievements in 2012. C'mon son. I got 1000/1000 in Need For Speed: Most Wanted at launch. Never done it since.

I know, you can actually five shot someone without it becoming a spam fest, what a terrible fix!
In the TU gametype, players are far more likely to spam the trigger, because the bloom is less of a factor. At least that's been my experience. I mean, you can just hold the trigger down on the Needle Rifle, after all.

Overdoziz

Banned
In the TU gametype, players are far more likely to spam the trigger, because the bloom is less of a factor. At least that's been my experience. I mean, you can just hold the trigger down on the Needle Rifle, after all.
The person who can hit the most shots the fastest wins, so unfair.

feel

Worrying about achievements in 2012. C'mon son. I got 1000/1000 in Need For Speed: Most Wanted at launch. Never done it since.

It's only a Halo thing, I really like 100%ing them. I'm thinking of letting Reach slip on the technicality that it's not really Halo.

It's only a Halo thing, I really like 100%ing them. I'm thinking of letting Reach slip on the technicality that it's not really Halo.

I have also pretty much only cared about achievements in a hand full of franchises Halo being one of them but I don't think I have even looked at what achievements came with the different map packs in Reach.

Overdoziz

Banned
Garbage? That thing is amazing.
That thing has the weirdest reticule and bloom. I never know when I'll be making a headshot or not.

On another note: Can you get the achievement for not being forcibly ejected from your hog during The Pillar of Autumn if someone else drives to the end and if you just don't get into the hog at all?

daedalius

The person who can hit the most shots the fastest wins, so unfair.

^ duh

Spam bro, spam.

After playing some H3, I hope they keep everything about Reach's networking in H4; it is just so vastly superior to H3 it isn't even funny. The jank you experience in 3 compared to Reach is something else.

The big difference is, with no bloom you have to actually aim the reticule on the persons head to spam and still get the kill. It works better, fast precision gameplay. Unlike Vanilla Reach where spamming actually simply meant shooting as fast as possible and hoping for that good old bloom luck.

I agree its still not perfect and a RoF would have been nice, but its hardly spamming when the person actually has to aim the shots.

^ duh

Spam bro, spam.

After playing some H3, I hope they keep everything about Reach's networking in H4; it is just so vastly superior to H3 it isn't even funny. The jank you experience in 3 compared to Reach is something else.

I think its pretty obvious that they wont purposefully step backwards with the netcode lol. I love Halo 3 but the netcode is putting me off at times.

I may be totally off base, but I cant remember it always being this bad. Im convinced that it never recovered after they switched servers. It was around when they gave everyone the flaming helmet. It was seriously laggy that weekend, (because of the helmet) but even after they turned the helmet off the lag felt worse than before. Anyone else feel the same way or am I crazy? I did play a lot more customs before then which may have tainted my view lol.

Now put your hands up for MLG!

Only if its no sprint and no bloom. Actually I heard it was, is it?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Yes it is. Soon the gametypes will be released. No bloom, no sprint, no evade and if KillKC is as cool as I hope he is....no pistol.

Also, I just got the details about the Albany MLG Map Pack install. Going to be hitting it for 2 days straight, going to spend the night in Albany.

daedalius

I think its pretty obvious that they wont purposefully step backwards with the netcode lol. I love Halo 3 but the netcode is putting me off at times.

I may be totally off base, but I cant remember it always being this bad. Im convinced that it never recovered after they switched servers. It was around when they gave everyone the flaming helmet. It was seriously laggy that weekend, (because of the helmet) but even after they turned the helmet off the lag felt worse than before. Anyone else feel the same way or am I crazy? I did play a lot more customs before then which may have tainted my view lol.

Only if its no sprint and no bloom. Actually I heard it was, is it?

Well, the low population in Halo 3 is probably a contributing factor now, as you're making connections that are probably much more diverse than what you can get in Reach (as in, further away because less people are playing).

Risen

Yes it is. Soon the gametypes will be released. No bloom, no sprint, no evade and if KillKC is as cool as I hope he is....no pistol.

Also, I just got the details about the Albany MLG Map Pack install. Going to be hitting it for 2 days straight, going to spend the night in Albany.

What's this map pack install of which you speak?

Tashi

What's this map pack install of which you speak?

MLG needs help installing the Anniversary map pack to their hundreds of Xbox machines at their warehouse. I'm volunteering to help out. There won't be many people though so when we LAN, it will be like 2v2.

Tashi

Do you have to pay for a hotel room, food and all that jazz?

KillaKC offered a room for me. Don't know if I'm sharing it or whatever. I do have some friends up there but after a quick chat it doesn't seem likely that I can crash at their place. MLG will be providing the food though which is nice.

I was trying to get that achievement a while ago, sat through about 10-15 awful matches before getting Condemned, and then the game made me a zombie in every single round of that game. Fuck this game and whoever came up with all these new achievements.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have map specific achievements in a game that has no reliable way to letting you play those maps should seriously reconsider their thought process.

In Anniversary if you have no shields and full health one melee still won't kill you. :/

So much better than the alternative.

Super thunder melee trying its best to ruin mah Haloz since '07.

Now put your hands up for MLG!

They are apparently still not going to put a fixed Sanctuary in the settings. 7 versions of settings now with a Sanctuary with incorrect lines of sight, when people in the MLG community have been throwing them Sanctuary maps for use that are superior to the one they use in every possible way. facepalm.jpg

Sanctuary was one of my favorite maps in Halo 2, and Bungie gave us a fucked "remake". I thought I could count on MLG to at least put a good version in their settings. Nope.

That said, I'll probably hop in the playlist some more when the playlist update hits for Beaver Creek and Damnation.

Overdoziz

Banned
They are apparently still not going to put a fixed Sanctuary in the settings. 7 versions of settings now with a Sanctuary with incorrect lines of sight, when people in the MLG community have been throwing them Sanctuary maps for use that are superior to the one they use in every possible way. facepalm.jpg

Sanctuary was one of my favorite maps in Halo 2, and Bungie gave us a fucked "remake". I thought I could count on MLG to at least put a good version in their settings. Nope.

That said, I'll probably hop in the playlist some more when the playlist update hits for Beaver Creek and Damnation.
Isn't the only thing wrong about MLG Sanctuary the carbine walkway? It's not that big a deal.

FyreWulff

Yes. It is the only game type i really play anymore when I play halo. I just wish they would add more maps in the rotation now. Reflection, Lockout remake, Blood Gulch...etc. Then I would be o so happy.

It's already been confirmed that Reach disc maps can't be made optional to show up in Anniversary disc playlists unfortunately. It would have made too much sense for Blood Gulch and Ivory Tower to show up in Anniversary Classic.

Maybe something they can fix for 1.2.

I assume you are being sarcastic when you mention 1.2?

If they aren't totally ditching the game in favor of Halo 4, it'd only be right to finish patching the game.

Isn't the only thing wrong about MLG Sanctuary the carbine walkway? It's not that big a deal.

-raised cars
-indent bon
-Base of car ramp should come out much farther than it does
-Other maps have better frame rate than MLG's
-Grass (more me, that ones not really an issue)

The Car changes make the make play significantly different IMO, raised cars force snipers to move up more instead of picking up the sniper in the best place to have it. Also helps with spawning issues in slayer games.

It's already been confirmed that Reach disc maps can't be made optional to show up in Anniversary disc playlists unfortunately. It would have made too much sense for Blood Gulch and Ivory Tower to show up in Anniversary Classic.

Maybe something they can fix for 1.2.

I assume you are being sarcastic when you mention 1.2?

Overdoziz

Banned
-raised cars
-indent bon
-Base of car ramp should come out much farther than it does
-Other maps have better frame rate than MLG's
-Grass (more me, that ones not really an issue)

The Car changes make the make play significantly different IMO, raised cars force snipers to move up more instead of picking up the sniper in the best place to have it. Also helps with spawning issues in slayer games.
My map has most of that stuff. :D

GhaleonEB

michaeljordanlol_1.gif

Not worth it bro.

Heh. I don't even know what the Defiant achievements are. I looked at them back when they released and saw how bad they were and never looked since. Life's too short.

If they aren't totally ditching the game in favor of Halo 4, it'd only be right to finish patching the game.

I think its fair to assume that Reach has been ditched already, and im fine with that, probably best to focus on making the next game good from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom