• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm pretty sure Kane being stealth moved to Raw and thrown in the TLC match was for 2 reasons. To turn Braun face and have Braun retire/kill Kane. Roman and Braun are the new Cena and Orton. Roman killed Taker. Braun kills Kane.

Roman didn't do half the damage to Braun that Kane did Sunday. Braun's revenge will be something we have never seen before.

Roman vs Brock just tells a boring predictable story. An underdog David (AJ, Fin, Nak) vs Goliath (Brock) story is much more compelling and would make not only for a much better match, but create a big star that already has fan support. I am actually very surprised how little David vs Goliath stories have been told in the WWE for the title. Everybody loves an underdog story.

Roman beating Brock puts him in the same situation he's been in for 3 years. If AJ or Fin beat Brock than BOOM! another star is made.

joeposh

I'm pretty sure Kane being stealth moved to Raw and thrown in the TLC match was for 2 reasons. To turn Braun face and have Braun retire/kill Kane. Roman and Braun are the new Cena and Orton. Roman killed Taker. Braun kills Kane.

Roman didn't do half the damage to Braun that Kane did Sunday. Braun's revenge will be something we have never seen before.

That's absolutely what they're doing. Kane gets a chance to go look like a formidable monster again for a few weeks before Braun gets the honor of decimating him 1 on 1, likely ending his in-ring career.

I lurked and was the guy who asked Meltzer if WWE could last 5 years that one time on twitter.

What is the ResetEra Secret Code?

yencid

Adam Blampied posted this on his twitter
DNAkeHQX4AAkQqV.jpg:large

Thought this was an interesting read with everything that has been going on recently on here.

I agree with the sentiment that at this point Reigns beating Bork at WM isn't going to make a scrap of difference. Reigns will still be in the same spot he is right now, it doesn't elevate him any more than he already was. He's already booked like a guy that achieved that sort of feat years ago, I guess main eventing a billion WM in a row will do that. The fans wont suddenly love him cause wow he's so amazing, look he beat Bork! etc.

Imagine if someone else did it though, we could have *shock horror* multiple top stars!!!

WHAT AN AMAZING CONCEPT!

Vince: "I don't like that idea, what if they get too popular and so the fans cheered for him instead of Roman?"

Creative has just been stifled the whole year because all roads must lead to Roman winning something something Brok WM. Whatever anyone else is doing the end game just feels it's purely to: Make Roman look strong™.

No wonder it's a whole pile of shit. Just get it out of your system Vince so we can move on.

hertog

I agree with the sentiment that at this point Reigns beating Bork at WM isn't going to make a scrap of difference. Reigns will still be in the same spot he is right now, it doesn't elevate him any more than he already was. He's already booked like a guy that achieved that sort of feat years ago, I guess main eventing a billion WM in a row will do that. The fans wont suddenly love him cause wow he's so amazing, look he beat Bork! etc.

Imagine if someone else did it though, we could have *shock horror* multiple top stars!!!

WHAT AN AMAZING CONCEPT!

Vince: "I don't like that idea, what if they get too popular and so the fans cheered for him instead of Roman?"

Creative has just been stifled the whole year because all roads must lead to Roman winning something something Brok WM. Whatever anyone else is doing the end game just feels it's purely to: Make Roman look strong™.

No wonder it's a whole pile of shit. Just get it out of your system Vince so we can move on.

The fact that Roman got taken off the PPV actually made the 3 on 5 match less predictable.
Roman does what supercena did, making me reach for the remote.

T.v

He's going to F5 three guys at the same time.
just look how high Orton accidentally threw one of the Singh brothers. Imagine what Brock could do to them. I still remember him casually picking up a ref by his belt one handed.
We'll probably get a double suplex or something but I can also see this being a Brock/Ambrose situation where the match just ends up entirely unremarkable.

The fact that Roman got taken off the PPV actually made the 3 on 5 match less predictable.
Roman does what supercena did, making me reach for the remote.

Yup. I have not renewed my sub because its become the Roman show. I won't support a company that is incredibly out of touch with its fanbase. The past 3 years of Vince pushing Roman have been cringe when there is so much better talent on the roster.

I also hate how they blew it with Nakamura. He's just a regular guy now with no aura getting beat clean by a guy that was in a jobber stable. That win didn't even do anything for Jinder and dont even get me started on Fin. AJ is the only one that they've been doing good on.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Bliss better on SD, Flair, better on Raw but both moves that were inevitable. Cenas one who comes to mind who just kicks ass on either.

hertog

Yup. I have not renewed my sub because its become the Roman show. I won't support a company that is incredibly out of touch with its fanbase. The past 3 years of Vince pushing Roman have been cringe when there is so much better talent on the roster.

I also hate how they blew it with Nakamura. He's just a regular guy now with no aura getting beat clean by a guy that was in a jobber stable. That win didn't even do anything for Jinder and dont even get me started on Fin. AJ is the only one that they've been doing good on.

AJ Styles is an internet darling dream for vince. He's really populair, ha a safe working style, is a family man and seems to be happy just being in the wwe.

MC Safety

I'm watching parts of the Asuka retrospective on the WWE network. It's just a collection of matches with no connecting commentary, but it's still nice to see the progression.

One thing I never really noticed was that Asuka's wrestling gear is a collection of brightly colored and mismatched junk. If anyone is need of a wardrobe adjustment, it's Asuka.

Damn this thread is dead.

The carnies only club had a limited appeal for me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In the absence of.....everyone. I declare myself king of the wrasslegafweights. There's nobody left to challenge me. Now I really am The Guy.

Please hurry up and authorise my resetera account...

Aeon712

Sad to see Emma and Summer get released. Always wanted to see them both moved to Smackdown with Summer joining the the Fashion Files.

T.v

Darren Young too, who I am not at all sad to see go. Not really surprising, since they have seemingly done everything they can to screw Emma over, and Summer hasn't been seen in a while. Still, I did see some potential in both of them. Emma Especially could have been good if they didn't keep changing her gimmick and entrance.

hertog

Darren Young too, who I am not at all sad to see go. Not really surprising, since they have seemingly done everything they can to screw Emma over, and Summer hasn't been seen in a while. Still, I did see some potential in both of them. Emma Especially could have been good if they didn't keep changing her gimmick and entrance.

Why didn't Asuka squash her when she was on her way out?

T.v

Why didn't Asuka squash her when she was on her way out?

Probably because Vince is in charge of booking still? Don't know really, though looking at Emma's Twitter the decision wasn't mutual. Maybe it was a last minute thing.
Anyway, rumours are there's more releases incoming. No idea how legitimate those rumours are though.

Sephzilla

its not dead..it's just no show happened over the weekend.

It's not moving as quickly because the lack of filler poster.

Yeah, that's the reason why.

Why is the rest of GAF moving at a snails pace too? The NFL happened this weekend and that thread only got 2 pages

Aeon712

Did Joe yell Sit your ass down at Apello 😂

Titus World Wide seemed to be getting over for a bit but seems creative is content with having them job.

PreFire

I love how Gulak said that part as if he was reading it at a 1st grader’s level, just like Cass

Lol squash match from Kalisto huh

T.v

Gallows and Anderson finally found a way to bringTex an Chadd to RAW huh? But losing to Rhyno and Slater is rough. Wonder if they're even planning to do something Club/Styles/Finn related anytime soon. Survivor Series could be a good place for it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Raw was painful to watch. A man put a pumpkin on his head and lost a match. Like WTF.

Now it's no more Live Audio Wrestling to fill me on the parts I fall alseep on. Bad times.

Top Bottom