• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
AFAIK:
The Chrome browser version uses MobaCoins.
The Android app version uses GranblueCoins.
They are not transferable between platforms, even on the same account.
Is there an IOS app, too? idk since I don't have any IOS devices, but if there is I suspect it would have a different, non-transferable currency, too.

ohhh...you're right. my iPhone says granblue coins and my chrome app mobacoins!

mystery solved, thanks granbluegaf.

bigkrev

AFAIK:
Is there an IOS app, too? idk since I don't have any IOS devices, but if there is I suspect it would have a different, non-transferable currency, too.

What I and a lot of others do is use the android app to buy GC through the Google playstore, but really only use the app for that, and do our main playing just through Chrome.

iOS app uses Granblue Coins as well, but even when i'm signed in to my JPN iTunes account, I get an error when I try to buy them

firehawk12

Subete no aware
AFAIK:

What I and a lot of others do is use the android app to buy GC through the Google playstore, but really only use the app for that, and do our main playing just through Chrome.

Yeah, iOS is treated as a separate platform as well. I assume they have to do that or they get booted from the service, since each platform wants their 30% cut.

Pejo

Wait a sec, there's an app for this game? I've been playing it on the browser on my phone.

Do you have to download the .apk directly? I didn't see it in the Play store.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait a sec, there's an app for this game? I've been playing it on the browser on my phone.

Yeah on android you can use qooapp.

I mean, it's essentially the browser game in its own wrapper though so it's not really required.

I use the app on my tablet just for purchases, but mainly just use the browser now since its faster in some instances.

There is an app on google chrome that is pretty good.

Pejo

Yeah on android you can use qooapp.

I mean, it's essentially the browser game in its own wrapper though so it's not really required.

I should probably know this by now with all the gacha games I play, but how do you use Qooapp, or download this game from it? I googled it, but when i try to install, it just says "open qooapp", which I don't have installed and can't find on the play store.

I should probably know this by now with all the gacha games I play, but how do you use Qooapp, or download this game from it? I googled it, but when i try to install, it just says "open qooapp", which I don't have installed and can't find on the play store.
Download the qooapp apk

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there any reason to get more than 30 of those special nightmare battle things that you use to uncap the weapon?

Download the qooapp apk
Yeah, QooApp is a Chinese app that basically gets APKs from various stores.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not if you only plan to make 1 FLB staff. But keep doing the NM quests anyway, they drop urns and damascus grains as well as the staff.
Hrm, that's true. Just so little time. lol

Is the only way to get the staff parts to break down SR/SSR staffs?

Gizuko

I'll probably stick around this OT, since I don't use Discord, but I'm not ok with the current state of affairs and what happened a couple of days ago.

I do know I'd miss some users here, so I'll wait and see for now.

Yeah zombie GAF is worse than GAF just being dead. I do hope that Trick Room continues on. I'll be on discord but it's hard to follow conversations there if you're not on when news gets talked about. The Granblue subreddit isn't horrible.

Ryufujin

Neo Member
Whats the discord for trick room? Is there also a discord for gbf in general? I mostly lurk on these forums anyway but it would be nice to contact people just in case everything blows up again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah zombie GAF is worse than GAF just being dead. I do hope that Trick Room continues on. I'll be on discord but it's hard to follow conversations there if you're not on when news gets talked about. The Granblue subreddit isn't horrible.
There's a GAF GBF discord. Maybe they can make a Trickroom channel in there.

Xisiqomelir

I'll be sorry to see you bros go. May your draws always inspire salt amongst your crewmates and may your triggerfingers beat out the JPN cellphone crowd for MVP.

Aiming to wipe out the shop of gold bars this ROTB.

Pejo

So for those of you still around, what's the general flow for this new event? I read that it's a semi-frequent returning event to build weapons that will give you access to Eternal characters. I looked up how to upgrade the weapons and...yea...that's a lot of stuff.

As a new player, should I even bother with any of this stuff, and if I should, what should I focus on for the duration of the event?

I can also just keep knocking out trophies/free quests/story to try to get more crystals to burn during legfest, if that's a better use of my time.

So for those of you still around, what's the general flow for this new event? I read that it's a semi-frequent returning event to build weapons that will give you access to Eternal characters. I looked up how to upgrade the weapons and...yea...that's a lot of stuff.

As a new player, should I even bother with any of this stuff, and if I should, what should I focus on for the duration of the event?

I can also just keep knocking out trophies/free quests/story to try to get more crystals to burn during legfest, if that's a better use of my time.

As a new player, you can tap raids to get the four symbals pendents.

Depending on how much you want to do you can then go to the loot shop for the event, and get enough pendents to clear out all the consumables (half elixirs, rupies, and berries). Then you can aim for the weapons, Xuanwu Mace and Baihu Claw are good ones.

Then after that I usually go for the SR tickets cause more SR weapons and the chance for characters are good, and then after that all the gold nuggets since gold bar are vital for other stuff.

Pejo

As a new player, you can tap raids to get the four symbals pendents.

Depending on how much you want to do you can then go to the loot shop for the event, and get enough pendents to clear out all the consumables (half elixirs, rupies, and berries). Then you can aim for the weapons, Xuanwu Mace and Baihu Claw are good ones.

Then after that I usually go for the SR tickets cause more SR weapons and the chance for characters are good, and then after that all the gold nuggets since gold bar are vital for other stuff.

Thanks, seems pretty straightforward. I think I'll do all the items as you suggest then go for the gold nugs and any dark element weapons.

I still am hoping to get lucky from Celeste Omega raids to get the dark weapons to fill out my weapon grid. I already got a Celeste Omega summon drop, which isn't very useful yet since I don't have her weapon, so I'm still using Diablo as my main summon for the time being.

Here's my current set-up, critique is welcome:

DGO3EvC.jpg

I've only been playing for like 2.5 weeks, so I realize I still have a way to go to make an actual good team.

Xisiqomelir

I read that it's a semi-frequent returning event to build weapons that will give you access to Eternal characters. I looked up how to upgrade the weapons and...yea...that's a lot of stuff.

As a new player, the first gold bar is only 10 nuggets, and you get one nugget per daily mission. Get the very first bar at least.

After that the wiki's priorities are on point. Grab the celestial weapon you want (Xuanwu mace, Zhuque katana etc) for your main (and maybe secondary) element and uncap it to 150.

Buy all the pots and berries.

Possibly get 1x each seal to join Qilin/Huanglong (I did this on my first ROTB and regretted rushing it, the pendants would have been better spent on more celestial weapons).

Definitely get the 800 crystal from the 150 badge rewards. I'd advocate stopping legfest spending as soon as you have two SSR in one ele.

Pejo

As a new player, the first gold bar is only 10 nuggets, and you get one nugget per daily mission. Get the very first bar at least.

After that the wiki's priorities are on point. Grab the celestial weapon you want (Xuanwu mace, Zhuque katana etc) for your main (and maybe secondary) element and uncap it to 150.

Buy all the pots and berries.

Possibly get 1x each seal to join Qilin/Huanglong (I did this on my first ROTB and regretted rushing it, the pendants would have been better spent on more celestial weapons).

Definitely get the 800 crystal from the 150 badge rewards. I'd advocate stopping legfest spending as soon as you have two SSR in one ele.

Thanks for the tips! Why do I want to stop at 2 same element SSR? Is there a better use for crystals than rolling characters? I have a dark team with 3 SSRs and 2 SRs right now, but I definitely want a non dark/light element team as a backup. I'm hoping for Fire or Water.

Xisiqomelir

Thanks for the tips! Why do I want to stop at 2 same element SSR? Is there a better use for crystals than rolling characters? I have a dark team with 3 SSRs and 2 SRs right now, but I definitely want a non dark/light element team as a backup. I'm hoping for Fire or Water.

The 6% SSR rate at legfest is still extremely high-variance for a relatively low (<40) amount of draws, which is the amount people who spend all crystals every month at legfest will pull.

Sparking at 300 pulls smooths out the probabilities much more and yields something much closer to a 6% rate.

I'd say you are good to start saving up. Put Six in for Lady Grey once you build him.

Pejo

The 6% SSR rate at legfest is still extremely high-variance for a relatively low (<40) amount of draws, which is the amount people who spend all crystals every month at legfest will pull.

Sparking at 300 pulls smooths out the probabilities much more and yields something much closer to a 6% rate.

I'd say you are good to start saving up. Put Six in for Lady Grey once you build him.

So if I'm reading your math correctly, sparking requires 90,000 crystals? Man that seems to be some serious saving to get to that level. I get the idea behind sparking, but as a new player, I'd need some real self control to not try to get some new units in the short term.

What is the source of crystals after you beat the story/free missions anyways? There must be something substantial if even long time players can afford to spark.

Velinos

Events and trophies will get you crystals. The daily login will get you crystals and premium tickets (premium ticket = 300 crystals). Also there are promotional events where you'll get bonus login crystals. I'd say if you login every day and complete the story for each event, you should get enough to spark after about a year, less if you focus on completing story and side missions.

Pejo

Is there a way to shut off the battle log? It's really annoying when it keeps popping up over my skill buttons when I'm trying to get a hit in on a raid before the boss dies. I tried toggling all of the settings I could find, but it doesn't seem to stop the damn thing.

wilstreak

bumped

Is there a way to shut off the battle log? It's really annoying when it keeps popping up over my skill buttons when I'm trying to get a hit in on a raid before the boss dies. I tried toggling all of the settings I could find, but it doesn't seem to stop the damn thing.

i don't think it is possible.

Pejo

bumped

i don't think it is possible.

Thanks, i'm getting used to it now, it's not so bad.

I'm excited for my first Unite and Fight in a few days, I finally got in a crew with a bunch of people in it. Any tips for a first timer? I'd like to at least start my path towards getting an Eternal. Think I'm going for Six first, since my Dark team is pretty damn solid for only playing less than a month. Legfest was really good to me.

Update:

My weapons are a little messed up because I had to use a dagger while I'm leveling up and mastering these classes, so it's not optimal at the moment, but overall I'm way stronger than I was just a week ago.

Also picked up SSR Katarina and Yoda, so my water team is getting to be pretty solid. During Strike Time I can get MVP boxes a lot of times just by using Yoda's Charge Attack.

The only way to somewhat do it is to disable raid updates in the 'Data/connections settings' in settings. This will make it so the raid only updates when you do stuff so you won't get raid updates on triggers happening till you do anything, it may help you get a few buttons in if the raid is going really fast. It comes with the downside of not knowing what is happening to the rest of the raid in realtime, like when you get buffed or enemies debuffed. For tougher fights you may want to put it back on but for stuff like magnas and other quick burst fights you're joining, it may help.

Pejo

The only way to somewhat do it is to disable raid updates in the 'Data/connections settings' in settings. This will make it so the raid only updates when you do stuff so you won't get raid updates on triggers happening till you do anything, it may help you get a few buttons in if the raid is going really fast. It comes with the downside of not knowing what is happening to the rest of the raid in realtime, like when you get buffed or enemies debuffed. For tougher fights you may want to put it back on but for stuff like magnas and other quick burst fights you're joining, it may help.

Thanks, I'm just getting used to it, double/triple tapping if necessary. Shutting off the skill explanations is enough that I can usually get at least one hit in now.

Xisiqomelir

Hope GW is going well for you gents.

Shiva x Shiva delivers again!

2mBCv56.png

Only person in crew repping that too. Other peeps fell into ENG meta and run shit like Colo main even with Shivas of their own....

DTL! How's the Elmott spark going?

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I feel like crap. I had about 200 pulls saved up, and saw Zooey (my most wanted unit) on rate up. So I figured I could get her with that many resources, and yea... I did not. Lesson learned. Just save for a spark. Maybe I'll get another chance in 9 months =(

Top Bottom