• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Nintendo has traditionally limited itself because of sharing conference day and of course letting people get to the showroom floor.

The courtesy thing with Sony was cool but they really shouldnt be so worried about thew showfloor. Most of the people there are gonna wanna bombard the Nintendo booth anyways so spend extra time hyping shit up.

guek

Banned
I just had a crazy thought.

How would the press react if there was no CoD demo at MS's conference...but rather activision decided to hold one during Nintendo's.

Man. That would feel so surreal. So alien and bizarre. Thinking about it literally makes me chuckle. How would people respond? It'd be hilarious.

We've come a long way...

02.jpg

31609304:jpeg_preview_large.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-the-twilight-princess-20050517052632158.jpg

DSC_2611.JPG

dsc_0972.jpg

006-nintendo-e3-2008-briefing_medium.JPG

nintendo-live-keynote-004-580px-480x289.jpg

e3recap2.jpg

Zelda-25th-E3.jpg

I wonder what their stage setup will look like this year. It's always intriguing.

I don't even remember who that dude before Reggie was do we have videos of Pre-Reggie?

All I can remember is the Howard Lincoln days

How would the press react if there was no CoD demo at MS's conference...but rather activision decided to hold one during Nintendo's.

Man. That would feel so surreal. So alien and bizarre. Thinking about it literally makes me chuckle. How would people respond? It'd be hilarious.

Well with all the new stuff they seem to be doing in Black Ops 2 (finally), the Wii U controller would seem like a perfect fit to do a really good demo on and showcase the Wii U tech for online and offline play...with a popular "hardcore" title. It almost writes itself.

never gonna happen.

Anybody listen to this week's Bombcast where Jeff said that there was a Wii external hard drive waiting in the wings then Nintendo decided not to announce it? I've never heard that before. Bullshit?

Truth101

Banned
Anybody listen to this week's Bombcast where Jeff said that there was a Wii external hard drive waiting in the wings then Nintendo decided not to announce it? I've never heard that before. Bullshit?

I wouldn't be surprise it would just be a Wii branded external hard-drive. What is so hard to believe about that?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's only an hour this year? That's a shame.

An hour is a long ass time when you don't spend twenty minutes watching the intro and some dude playing CoD and another ten on some Kinect nonsense.

One year I nearly fell asleep during MS's conference because of that!

After a 20 hour shift and light sleep before that, but still!)

udivision

I bet they're doing this for 1 non-exclusive third-party game.

Hmmm... maybe you're right
it would be easier sell the game on Wii since it already has a userbase
Do we know how much did MW3 sell? (Wii of course)

Vague Google non-chartz results suggest that it actually had a precipitous drop on the Wii compared to earlier versions of the series.

However, I should note that my point was more along the lines of a Wii port being easy money at a minimal expenditure at this point, rather than something guaranteed to outsell a Wii U version.

Roo

Easier than what? This doesn't automatically mean there won't be a Wii U version.

easier than sell it on a new console with a non existent userbase
I never said there won't be a Wii U version of the game lol

Vague Google non-chartz results suggest that it actually had a precipitous drop on the Wii compared to earlier versions of the series.

However, I should note that my point was more along the lines of a Wii port being easy money at a minimal expenditure at this point, rather than something guaranteed to outsell a Wii U version.

Oh, ok, I get it.
well, at least Activision is still supporting the system

guek

Banned
I think the conference will be 1 hr live and then they'll switch to a 30 min Nintendo Direct style of trailers and Iwata asks.

Why is everyone forgetting about the nintendo roundtable? That's been a thing for some time now, we're guaranteed to get some surprises tuesday night.

Has this been covered?

http://www.gamefocus.ca/news/16600.html#.T6CIBGLOHfM.twitter
The U.S. retail giant Wal-Mart, for a brief moment, leaked what could very well be the retail price of the Wii U console. Still not confirmed by Nintendo, the price of $ 349 was seen earlier today, through a Google Ads campaign from Wal-Mart. Of course, this ad has now been removed but not before an image could be extracted. Thanks to wiiudaily.com

I swear, I need to start trusting my hunches more. I said 349 from day 1, but as usual later started waffling on it...

Why is everyone forgetting about the nintendo roundtable? That's been a thing for some time now, we're guaranteed to get some surprises tuesday night.
I don't remember fully but what was announced at these roundtables that wasn't mentioned in the conference or before the conference?

Honestly can't remember.

guek

Banned
I don't remember fully but what was announced at these roundtables that wasn't mentioned in the conference or before the conference?

Honestly can't remember.

Off the top of my head, the big announcements would be Brawl, Skyward Sword (though it wasn't called that at the time), OoT:3D, and Killer Freaks. There's probably a few things I'm forgetting though. Nintendo often uses the roundtable to show off trailers and give further information about key titles.

Nintendo said themselves that they want to gauge people's reaction to it at E3, like they did with the 3DS.
obviously failed at doing that the first time lol

Off the top of my head, the big announcements would be Brawl, Skyward Sword (though it wasn't called that at the time), OoT:3D, and Killer Freaks. There's probably a few things I'm forgetting though. Nintendo often uses the roundtable to show off trailers and give further information about key titles.
not bad at all

Terrell

not bad at all

The roundtable was also where Pikmin 3 was confirmed to have moved development to WiiU... actually, it was a roundtable where Miyamoto confirmed they were working on a new Pikmin for Wii back in 2006 or 2007, if I recall correct.

They also tend to talk about minutia that they don't have time for at the conference, and a chance for the press to talk to someone other than Reggie after the presser.

AzaK

As you get older, you perceive time differently. Asking someone 20 and asking someone 30 to estimate out a minute, the 20 year old is usually closer. It's why it felt forever from birthday to birthday when you're a kid and why you tend to be surprised when your birthday comes up when you're older.

E3 -> November is not that hard but goddamn some of the game release wait times when I was younger took forever.

Yup, as you get older a period of time is a smaller proportion of your overall age. When yours 10, a year is 10% if your age. When you hit 40, it's depressingly smaller :)

The roundtable was also where Pikmin 3 was confirmed to have moved development to WiiU... actually, it was a roundtable where Miyamoto confirmed they were working on a new Pikmin for Wii back in 2006 or 2007, if I recall correct.

They also tend to talk about minutia that they don't have time for at the conference, and a chance for the press to talk to someone other than Reggie after the presser.
hopefully they talk a lot about online stuff, I figure they'll get all the worthwhile shit in their conference, considering it's a console launch E3...

Terrell

I still get the feeling that they'll talk up social online experiences big time at E3. Expect Facebook integration into your Nintendo Network account if you choose for it to be there. (example: telling your Facebook friends when you're playing an online game so you don't have to be near the console to know you can join them, publishing stories like "Terrell and 3 friends played Dragon Quest X" and give links to details about the game for viral marketing, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom