• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

DKhKNOsUMAAnL4_

Hmmmmmm🤔🤔🤔🤔

Right up there with Russell and Cole.

Montresor

Leaf fans in Ontario - what are all the channels that Leaf games will be on this year?

Sportsnet Ontario, CBC, TSN4, and?

Are there are other TSN channels and Sportsnet channels that I need to make sure I have?

Edit:

Good lord finding the answer to this was made unnecessarily confusing/cumbersome because of the way the Maple Leafs web site is designed. I finally found a way to read the schedule in "list" format, and now I know the only channels I need are:

Sportsnet Ontario, CBC, and TSN4 for 81 games
Sportsnet 1 / Sportsnet 360 simulcast for 1 game

Maybe you just hired one of the Blackhawks' former assistants?

Who are all still a MASSIVE upgrade compared to Army.

edit: I actually forgot who we did hire but it's the Blue's former PP coach. Probably just sabotaging us.

edit edit: Talk about concerns about the Avs PP with other Avs fans. Get told not to worry, that the coaching staff just doesn't want to show off the new PP system in pre-season because there are scouts at every game and that pre-season isn't the time to implement new systems anyway.

7uko13aro1kz.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
2014-2015 PP%
Avs: 14.6 (29th)
Hawks: 17.6 (19th)

2015-2016 PP%
Avs: 18.0 (19th)
Hawks: 22.6 (2nd)

2016-2017 PP%
Avs: 12.6 (30th)
Hawks: 18.0 (19th)

lolololololololyeeaaaaaaaah

edit: Avs are finally in pre-season form! Start the parade.
Hawks had better players, not coaches. 😘

Montresor

Oh my god oh my god! I'm so incredibly pleased with the call I just had with Rogers (not being sarcastic at all). For the past two or so years I've been paying $90.93 per month for 60 Mbps, 200GB bandwidth, and basic cable (channels 2-28, with no TSN). This deal was expiring soon so they offered me one of two deals: 1) $93 per month for 30 Mbps, 250GB bandwidth, and their "select" cable package, which includes TSN, or 2) $104 per month for 75 Mbps, 500GB bandwidth, and their "select" cable package, which includes TSN.

I was about to accept the first offer ($93 per month) - as the call ended the lady said "Any other questions/concerns?" and I said "Alright I'm pretty happy with this deal but the only concern I have is I'll be paying $2-3 extra per month for half the Internet speed (I'd be going from 60Mbps to 30Mbps)."

So they said, "No biggie, we'll give you the second deal (75 Mbps, 500GB bandwidth, and "select" cable package, which includes TSN) for $84 per month (instead of $104 per month).

I'll have faster Internet, more bandwidth, and I'm going to be able to watch every single Leafs game, for $6-$7 LESS per month compared to what I'm currently paying! Last year I missed almost every single TSN Leafs game because I had their old "basic cable" package (channels 2-28). I can't believe that they actually gave me that deal. I'm so ecstatic right now.

The only thing my package won't have is Sportsnet 1, but only one Leafs game will play on Sportsnet 1 - that channel is available a la carte for $7 per month. I confirmed with Rogers I can activate it for a night (which would cost only 23 cents) then deactivate it just for that one Leafs game.

Quick

Banned
Congrats Montresor.

My family switched back to Rogers, and our plan is pretty good. But more importantly, I don't have to dig around r/nhlstreams for a decent game stream anymore.

I've been meaning to call them about lowering my cellphone bill though. They lowered it down by $10, but knocked out my caller ID, so they put that back but added $5. Then they increased my bill by $5, so the discount disappeared completely.

I probably won't have much luck since I'm on a grandfathered plan with a monthly term (my 3-year plan ended years ago lol).

Pikma

Banned
Straight white rich (yet still a cheap ass) piece of shit predictably acting like a straight white rich piece of shit

As I said earlier today, fuck Crosby.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of Russian collusion, Henrik Lundqvist's heir apparent Igor Shestyorkin is currently 9-0-0 on the season in the KHL, with a 1.38 GAA, .946 Sv%, and 2 shutouts.

IT'd be better if it wasn't a prequel/ original era series. #StillSalty

The cast seems great, I just think they will be constrained by the timeline whereas a dominion era show would allow more freedom.

It doesn’t feel like a Prequel.... yet. But I too wish this was set in the future. The first episode is as close as you’re getting a mass effect show ever.

Montresor

or use r ed)_d)it

If you mean getting streams through Reddit, I've had experience with streams in the past and they never compare to the crisp, reliable, 1080p feed from a cable box. From a consumer/convenience perspective (not a moral perspective), I can't stream live sports.You need a stable, high quality feed to really sit down and enjoy the game, which I think you can only get through cable. At least that's how it is for me.

Congrats Montresor.

My family switched back to Rogers, and our plan is pretty good. But more importantly, I don't have to dig around r/nhlstreams for a decent game stream anymore.

I've been meaning to call them about lowering my cellphone bill though. They lowered it down by $10, but knocked out my caller ID, so they put that back but added $5. Then they increased my bill by $5, so the discount disappeared completely.

I probably won't have much luck since I'm on a grandfathered plan with a monthly term (my 3-year plan ended years ago lol).

Thanks Quick! Good luck with your cell phone bill heheh.

Top Bottom