• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

I come to love all the suit designs in Ex-Aid but I wish most of the suits weren't super derivative of the main Ex-Aid suit. The only ones that stand out are Snipe, Brave, Poppy, and Lazer but everything else has the same variety of recoloured spiky haired goggles man. They resorted to using big ass coattails to hide that the pants are all the same too.

Jeffrey

I come to love all the suit designs in Ex-Aid but I wish most of the suits weren't super derivative of the main Ex-Aid suit. The only ones that stand out are Snipe, Brave, Poppy, and Lazer but everything else has the same variety of recoloured spiky haired goggles man. They resorted to using big ass coattails to hide that the pants are all the same too.

Gotta budget. Same with most power ups just being shit they slap over the suits.

Guess it helps with the toys too.

oh god. bugster kuroto is amazing.

That comes with being a modern Kamen Rider show.

Toxi

Banned
oh god. bugster kuroto is amazing.
f2CzFHO.gif

Jeffrey

Caught up. Guess the next few eps will be more power upping?

The rest of the cast needa to hit lvl99. Maybe they raise the cap?

One thing that I ended up liking about this show is story baddies basically fighting the main cast pretty much every eps. Expected it to get tiresome at some point but nope, digging it.

WarRock

One thing that I ended up liking about this show is story baddies basically fighting the main cast pretty much every eps. Expected it to get tiresome at some point but nope, digging it.
It's great specially because you never feel like you're watching filler or a slow moving, long form setup.

Slayven

well we know
Brave gets a 100 form
and rumor is Snipe is going to get a mashup of Bang Bang Simulation and Taddle Quest kinda of like Mach/Chase from drive

Jeffrey

We are in the 30s so exaid final form should be coming up Soonish?

Hope it's not lazy and just be double max lol. Hope it stays big though. Hulk buster style power armor is novel and I like it.

KingDirk

Just watched Cronus's introduction episode and I genuinely don't know how they continue to raise the stakes so effectively. Also one of the best rider kicks in some time.

Jeffrey

catching up on garo... seriously where the hell do they get the budget for these effects? Unless they have some crazy effects pipeline going on.

That final dragon battle ain't normal tv budget lol.

Where does garo make its money lol. Is there even that much merchandising besides expensive scale figures?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
catching up on garo... seriously where the hell do they get the budget for these effects? Unless they have some crazy effects pipeline going on.

Where does garo make its money lol. Is there even that much merchandising besides expensive scale figures?

i need tp get caught up on garo. im on episode 5 of the original series. the female lead is a pain

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Evil Kiriya, Lazer Lv0 who is actually using his Lv1 design but with Lv2 proportions

Hiiro betrayed the team

LONG HAIR LONG DREADS MUTEKI GAMER! HYPER CRITICAL SPARKING!

We also see Ninja Rider for the movie, Kamen Rider Fuuma

in the movie world, Hiiro is a father, Taiga is a PE teacher and Nico is his student

WarRock

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sun/Moon powerup, apparently Garu and Balance are involved

Stinger and Champ vs. Scorpio, RIP Champ

Generally bunch of miscellaneous episode crap and power ups.

But most importantly,
SPACE SQUAD PROMOTION EPISODE!
We got
Sen, Umeko and Doggie appear, as well as Ban and Geki. Lucky also gets a Lupus Voyager-esque bike... what?

vareon

Just watched Heisei Generations and it was surprisingly fun? The story is what you'd expect in movies like these but it's not totally stupid or ridiculous, just tighter overall. I like how Tomari is integrated in the story too, felt like a true crossover movie we never got.

Jaeger

Evil Kiriya, Lazer Lv0 who is actually using his Lv1 design but with Lv2 proportions

Hiiro betrayed the team

LONG HAIR LONG DREADS MUTEKI GAMER! HYPER CRITICAL SPARKING!

We also see Ninja Rider for the movie, Kamen Rider Fuuma

in the movie world, Hiiro is a father, Taiga is a PE teacher and Nico is his student

So cool!

Toxi

Banned
Just watched Heisei Generations and it was surprisingly fun? The story is what you'd expect in movies like these but it's not totally stupid or ridiculous, just tighter overall. I like how Tomari is integrated in the story too, felt like a true crossover movie we never got.
Meanwhile, Haruto just shows up for shits and giggles.

And yeah, it's a lot of fun. Best parts for me were the badass sword-wielding henchman and seeing all the Rider Henshin together.

Jeffrey

You know. My boy kouga been fighting in the multiverse for about 4 years now.

With the HD remaster and zero season and brief cameo in the side story season... Dude should be making a return soon right?

Maybe in the movie with his son that was announced a while back?

ZoddGutts

Heard that Garo pachinko is quite popular in Japan and that's where it gets most of it's money from. Would explain it's been able to exist for nearly a decade now despite being a late night Toku show.

https://youtu.be/yzAszOWVdfM?t=570

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I gotta say the last few days have been fucked up for me, I really need a good batch of Super Hero Time to forget all the shit going on in the real world.

Top Bottom