• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman Director's Cut Rated R. [not the upcoming film pls read op]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit:

In the box theres a thing for "alternate titles" and it says its the "Commemorative Edition"

Quick search for that shows a just posted trailer for a "Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition" which is the previously released animated movie from years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfHxndRXdr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2TNA78VZgQ

It's just a re-release of the 2009 animated movie.

wonder-woman-commemorative-edition-box-art-987422.jpg

From CBR

The first cut of the 2009 straight-to-home release ”Wonder Woman" animated feature received an R-rating from the MPAA, according to producer Bruce Timm in interviews at the time of release. As the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment representative explained to CBR, the re-release was originally intended to restore the original footage, in hopes standards had changed and it could still receive a PG-13 — since it again received an R, the current plans are for the new version to be of the originally released PG-13 cut, excluding the added footage.

Great. So we're in for another unwatchable theatrical cut?

Seriously though, it's hard to take this as undeniably good news after how BvS turned out.

Great. So we're in for another unwatchable theatrical cut?

Seriously though, it's hard to take this as undeniably good news after how BvS turned out.
Oh my positive spin in the OP is satirical I have no clue why we're getting an R-rated cut for this movie of all things.

Still hyped though.

Maybe this will be the cut where Diana really sees the horrors of mankind.

Tagg9

Uh... what? Of all the comic book movies to have an R rated version, surely this is the least requested.

Temp_User

WB out to nickel and dime the DC fanbase again ...... "Buy the rated R Director's cut home video, it would fix everything thats wrong with the theatrical cut. We promise."

Prolly just blood but I think it's wack that we know about this long before the movie even comes out in theaters

Gives you less incentive to catch it until the "directors cut"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't understand the negatives comments for this news.

So the director's cut has more blood, how is this a bad thing?

Alphahawk

I have this weird thing about not wanting to watch a movie if it's a DC and not the original released version. I know it sounds weird but meh.

Oh well I had fun with the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad and I'll most likely have fun with this.

Parahan

Great. Now people have no reason not to wait this out for home release.

Why don't they just release two versions of it theatrically?

If it's just added blood and Blade penetration then it's no big deal

But if scenes are getting cut and the theatrical one isn't what the director preferred then fuck this

Honestly I'm thinking it's the former tho. It seems the studio has caught onto the marketing ploy of adding a scene or two and some blood and calling it the "unrated edition" to get more purchases. Happened with the last two dc movies.

a916

This thread went exactly how I expected it.

Because it's somehow an indication one way or the other about the quality of the film.

Sigh, I knew Hollywood would learn the wrong lessons from Deadpool and Logan...

Not sure what you're talking about... this isn't anything like either of those two movies. Rated R cuts have been coming out long before those two.

In the box theres a thing for "alternate titles" and it says its the "Commemorative Edition"

Quick search for that shows a just posted trailer for a "Wonder Woman Commemorative Edition" which is the previously released animated movie from years back

Seems like a false alarm folks, should OP should probaly update the thread title/post

Flynn77

WB execs pushing the multi release panic button yet again. It means one of two things. Either they've butchered the theatrical cut or the film is god awful and they've meddled.

Ashhong

Seems like a false alarm folks, should OP should probaly update the thread title/post

That is some fine detective work there. Thank goodness for that.

duckroll

I'm not so sure it's the animated movie. That came out in 2009, and was PG-13. It doesn't seem to make sense that they have extra footage for it 7 years later that would bump it up to R.

Ashhong

I'm not so sure it's the animated movie. That came out in 2009, and was PG-13. It doesn't seem to make sense that they have extra footage for it 7 years later that would bump it up to R.

Would be weird to call the DCEU version commemorative edition after using the same title for the animated movie in the same year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom