• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better Call Saul S3 |OT| Gus Who's Back - Mondays 10/9c on AMC

I'm maybe the world's biggest breaking bad fan and I find this show to be incredibly underwhelming. I'm still VERY optimistic though.

I kinda like Saul more than bb.

We're I felt that bb was a show of a decent man gone bad. But you ultimately find out he was an asshole all along. Saul is a guy who is struggling to do good but his nature won't let him. He's constantly at war with himself. Which is why I find him a more interesting.

Lothar

Banned
I only really liked the Mike parts last year. Everything else bored me for the most part. I have to watch nonetheless since Breaking Bad is my favorite show. I hope I'll like this season more since we'll have Gus and Jimmy will be more turning into Saul, and hopefully Jimmy and Mike's story will be more tied together instead of feeling so separate.

HotHamBoy

I'm maybe the world's biggest breaking bad fan and I find this show to be incredibly underwhelming. I'm still VERY optimistic though.

I only really liked the Mike parts last year. Everything else bored me for the most part. I have to watch nonetheless since Breaking Bad is my favorite show. I hope I'll like this season more since we'll have Gus and Jimmy will be more turning into Saul, and hopefully Jimmy and Mike's story will be more tied together instead of feeling so separate.

That's because you want this show to be Breaking Bad and isn't trying to be.

Loved BB, never watched a single Better Call Saul season/episode....worth it ?

Absolutely worth it.

I think the only Breaking Bad fans who are put off by Better Call Saul are the ones who only watched BB for the "HOLY SHIT" moments. I think some are coming into this show straight off of Breaking Bad Season 5 expecting explosive events and people getting shot after every commercial break, and that expectation not being met dismays them.

It's only two seasons in but I'm nearly ready to call BCS the equal of BB.

TheOddOne

TheOddOne, you always seem to make the OTs for my favorite shows (or shows that I end up loving, like Legion or Atlanta). You make of GAF a better place, man.
I feel the same way about Cornballer, Ratsky, Anaron and GK86. The best people <3
!!!!!

Had no idea my title was chosen, that's pretty damn cool! I saw the title and did a double-take.

Thanks to TheOddOne for using it!
It's great one.

Kaizer

Banned
Does anyone have a link to a decent recap video for the first two seasons? I feel like it's been SO LONG since I last the show that I have very brief memories of moments that happened & that's it.

TheOddOne

Does anyone have a link to a decent recap video for the first two seasons? I feel like it's been SO LONG since I last the show that I have very brief memories of moments that happened & that's it.
AMC usually releases some kind of recap video when we get closer to the new season, I'll keep you updated if it releases. As alternative, Vulture and A|V Club have some recent written recaps.

Tigress

I kinda like Saul more than bb.

We're I felt that bb was a show of a decent man gone bad. But you ultimately find out he was an asshole all along. Saul is a guy who is struggling to do good but his nature won't let him. He's constantly at war with himself. Which is why I find him a more interesting.

I think BB did a good job of if you noticed things letting you realize he never was a good guy (I hated him from the start honestly and it was a bunch of small things that kinda gave you a glimpse of who he really was. BB to me was a guy who was able to look honest and what happens when he is allowed to truly be himself).

I honestly like BCS better for a shallow reason, I like Saul where as I never liked Walter. BB was weird for me that I liked it despite hating the protagonist (I usually can't stand watching something if the main character is some one I hate. I think it helps though that BB never tries to pretend you should like him... that really sets me off when they try to set the guy off as good or even good but flawed and I just outright hate him and think he's awful). Shit, I was cheering on Gus even though Gus was evil as well, I found him more likable (and I'm excited he's going to be in this season).

Great OT! Looking forward to this starting up next week.

fuEakaJ.gif

Blader

Surprisingly one of the best things on TV. I get that it's a slow burn show, but it never really feels slow to me; the character writing is too good and too easy to get engrossed in for me to ever wonder if things are moving along quickly enough or not. It's one of those shows, like Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire, where it could just be people talking for an hour with zero plot, and I'd have no problem with that.

I love BCS so much, glad it's finally back. The return of Gus is awesome, but Kim Wexler is the real star of the show

Truth is overflowing from this post.

And hell yes, watch this if you liked Breaking Bad. It's different, but has the same black comedy sense of humor and great writing and great acting. I actually like it more than BB.

After they introduced Hector Salamanca with a door's bell ringing, I can't wait to see what sort of silly foreshadowing device they'll use to introduce Gus.

Bluenoser

When I started watching this, I never expected it to be this good. I'm more excited for this than I was for TWD to start. If only AMC could fix their grainy ass picture. 4k is available, and they seem to be stuck in 480p.

Vince likes to get things going fast so I think he will be (tuco being in 1st episode, Hank confronting Walt 1st episode of last season)

Although S2 started off with a pretty mellow (and great) character-focused episode.

You think Gus will be in the first episode?

I think the cold open will show Victor attaching the note to Mike's car.

The cold open will likely be another Omaha segment because it's a season premier.

Top Bottom