• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

I will keep my wits about me, with my eyes sharp and my blade sharper...if you catch my drift.
Yeah, vigilance is always a great trait in Mafia. Have fun, and don't take anything personally in this game when things heat up. Always remember, it's just a fun(sadistic?) game :)
Yessirrrrr
But are you familiar with it, or any of its variants like Werewolf? Like I said before, don't hesitate to ask about anything. There is no stupid question, we'll all help you out.

Also I would note this is like recapping on what everyone else who have read this thread already knows, and smells of brownies. You have now zippedonmylist.

That's just puntastic! I'll have to remember that one! But seriously recapping is Just one more option to do on Day 1.

Jokes, recaps and a mad dash at the end to lynch someone. That's a GAFia day 1.

I prefer the puns and jokes though. Keeps us fresh and rolling.

For some reason I read batsnacks's reveal in the opening post as batsnacks being the fake death that gets a town role PM posted. I was confused when batsnacks started actually posting.

Also IIRC "beloved" is a prefix that sometimes means town gets two lynches the day after the beloved person is killed. Or if the beloved person is scum, scum gets two NKs the next night. There's also a variant where if the "beloved" person dies, there is no scum NK that night.

Or it could just be a take on "Innocent", where the person's alignment is revealed at the beginning. Or a combination.

game is early, but I have to be up in a few hours for work. I'll be on tomorrow if work is slow, but it will be on mobile.

batsnacks

my role PM got posted, like every single word of it, wtf

trust me I would have loved to have claimed a bomb/shot/etc but no there is literally no room for speculation

Zeusy

Yeah, vigilance is always a great trait in Mafia. Have fun, and don't take anything personally in this game when things heat up. Always remember, it's just a fun(sadistic?) game :)
But are you familiar with it, or any of its variants like Werewolf? Like I said before, don't hesitate to ask about anything. There is no stupid question, we'll all help you out.

my only question would be what type of discussion do we have to do? I feel like I'm so out of the loop.

my only question would be what type of discussion do we have to do? I feel like I'm so out of the loop.
We try to discuss who is acting like they're trying to evade suspicion, or who are missing in action, or who are trying to set up others. On Day 1, basically it's a hit or miss since everyone doesn't have a clue how to proceed and we almost always lynch a townie.

Now the townie is lynched, night comes. Someone will most probably die. Now the next day phase, we try to see if there are connections to why someone was chosen to be killed, who that person spoke to, who they voted for, their reads, etc, etc.

Reads are your list of people who you think are either scum, town, or neutral. These are valuable, and if you withhold these, you'll probably be eyed by a lot of people by doing so. Asking for and giving reads is a valuable townie tool as scum find these hard to give out naturally.

There are a lot more things that could happen like certain powers manifesting, but I think that covers the basics for now.

tl;dr we try to discuss who's acting suspicious, throw out accusations, and find sense in the voting and the dead

Kawl_USC

For some reason I read batsnacks's reveal in the opening post as batsnacks being the fake death that gets a town role PM posted. I was confused when batsnacks started actually posting.

Also IIRC "beloved" is a prefix that sometimes means town gets two lynches the day after the beloved person is killed. Or if the beloved person is scum, scum gets two NKs the next night. There's also a variant where if the "beloved" person dies, there is no scum NK that night.

Or it could just be a take on "Innocent", where the person's alignment is revealed at the beginning. Or a combination.

game is early, but I have to be up in a few hours for work. I'll be on tomorrow if work is slow, but it will be on mobile.

typically this is actually not quite right. a beloved person would be town aligned, having them die (sometimes by any means, sometimes only by lynch) means that the next day phase is skipped. So its a negative utility role.

Also, personally I'm worried about batsnacks posts being overly centralizing during the day one cluster fuck. yes he's town, but if you are town that doesn't mean his opinions and reads should carry any more weight than your own. so let's not just sheep, yes?

also, cabot is being quiet.... which is a scum tell for him? no wait, thats my scum tell....I think scum cabot is more manipulative. so he's probably town. or drunk. or drunk town.

Why would we be worried about batsnacks if he's confirmed town? That's the whole point of being confirmed town.
If he's spouting things that are factually incorrect or seemingly wrong, I say we should be worried if people are listening to him just because he's a confirmed townie.

SkyOdin

If he's spouting things that are factually incorrect or seemingly wrong, I say we should be worried if people are listening to him just because he's a confirmed townie.
From my experience in pizza mafia, this isn't too much of a concern. It can be slightly frustrating dealing with a confirmed townie who acts in a way you don't understand, but it doesn't derail the game. On the contrary, because batsnacks is confirmed town, we won't be derailed by people trying to lynch him for his strange behavior.

I don't see any negative consequences for having a confirmed townie, no matter how they act.

CCS

Banned
typically this is actually not quite right. a beloved person would be town aligned, having them die (sometimes by any means, sometimes only by lynch) means that the next day phase is skipped. So its a negative utility role.

Also, personally I'm worried about batsnacks posts being overly centralizing during the day one cluster fuck. yes he's town, but if you are town that doesn't mean his opinions and reads should carry any more weight than your own. so let's not just sheep, yes?

also, cabot is being quiet.... which is a scum tell for him? no wait, thats my scum tell....I think scum cabot is more manipulative. so he's probably town. or drunk. or drunk town.

For new players, this bit is important to remember. Just because someone's town doesn't mean they're not completely wrong.

Although the one time I was an Innocent Child was also the only game I've played where my reads weren't total garbage

acohrs

Also,

giphy-downsized-large.gif

From my experience in pizza mafia, this isn't too much of a concern. It can be slightly frustrating dealing with a confirmed townie who acts in a way you don't understand, but it doesn't derail the game. On the contrary, because batsnacks is confirmed town, we won't be derailed by people trying to lynch him for his strange behavior.

I don't see any negative consequences for having a confirmed townie, no matter how they act.
Didn't Lifeline gain votes because he was acting scummy though.

CCS

Banned
Third comment, hey my old matey CCS! Long time no shit talk! How's life in the big smoke?

I say old boy, what fine chance it is that we should run into each other here! I myself am proceeding most amiably, although I fear I may be veritably surrounded by rascals and rapscallions. How go things with you, in the fair Emerald Isle?

As an addendum to the above missive, how view you the notable and courageous stalemate our Lions fought out last month?

acohrs

I say old boy, what fine chance it is that we should run into each other here! I myself am proceeding most amiably, although I fear I may be veritably surrounded by rascals and rapscallions. How go things with you, in the fair Emerald Isle?

As an addendum to the above missive, how view you the notable and courageous stalemate our Lions fought out last month?

It was the finest stalemate my eyes have seen! 12 years we waited for such a stalemate, and now another 12 years we must wait for the next! Farrell and Sexton were immense!

CCS

Banned
It was the finest stalemate my eyes have seen! 12 years we waited for such a stalemate, and now another 12 years we must wait for the next! Farrell and Sexton were immense!

I am bereft, with a wait of weeks still in front of me until the contests resume!

Still, at least we can recommence our relationship over this blood sport.

acohrs

Aye, old chap, the lady and I are now Leinster season ticket holders! Can't wait to see the saffers in the pro 13 this year!

CCS

Banned
Truly, I am jolly excited for that too, I hope it proves an enjoyable experience! With luck my beloved Saracens will go one better than last year and win the double again.

acohrs

No disrespect my old chum, but with any luck, sarries will slip on some mud and land face first in horse manure

*Splinter

Oceanic why are you downplaying the usefulness of muh breadcrumbs? They come up all the time.

Speaking of which, Isaac seems to be breadcrumbing several roles already. Maybe it's just my paranoia, but bear it in mind if he ever backs up a claim with a D1 breadcrumb.

CCS

Banned
Incidentally, that's a fantastic, virtuoso display of how to shitpost enough to meet the post count :p

cabot

I think we should trust his no jokes theory.

cabot

VOTE: AbsolutBro

1. You seem to be coyly suggesting we could kill batsnacks
2. You're trying to muddy the waters around batsnacks, which is beautifully clear water you find in the finest of swimming pools.

cabot

i don't know what I think about the confirmed town player. He will likely become a scum target but it's nice to have someone we can rally around.

This reads really strangely to me. Why are you conflicted over a confirmed Town?

We can trust him 100%, but he may still be completely wrong. That's about it.

VOTE: AbsolutBro

1. You seem to be coyly suggesting we could kill batsnacks
2. You're trying to muddy the waters around batsnacks, which is beautifully clear water you find in the finest of swimming pools.
I am doing nothing of the sort. I was pretty clear the confusion was on my part and had nothing to do with batsnacks himself.

cabot

You still continue speculating on if he's more than a innocent townie, which implies you think the role PM isn't giving us the whole truth.

That would be bastard.

Stop making noise, AB!

acohrs

Too much inactivity on D1 is making me sad, time to spice things up!

vote:Cabot[/highlight[

why are you so good at mafia?

Top Bottom