• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within 2 |OT| "Something not quite right"

Bishop89

1xeph3.jpg

Not only Seb looks different than the last game , but Kidman as well , In TEW1 she had that fatigued stiff Tomboyish face look while in TEW2 her face looks like a model

Compare Julie in TEW1 look

julie_kidman_looks_so_sexy_by_akmal777-d89xc31.jpg

400px-TheEvilWithinJuliKidman.jpg

juli-kidman-the-evil-within-1.53.jpg

With her TEW2 Look

pvh88bc.jpg

kromeo

Finished the first game last night, it's great for the most part but there's a few bits that just feel completely out of place: chapter 5, the bus section, underground garage boss, sewer boss, final boss.. Those are the things I want to see less of in 2

Shauni

Not only Seb looks different than the last game , but Kidman as well , In TEW1 she had that fatigued stiff Tomboyish face look while in TEW2 her face looks like a model

With her TEW2 Look

pvh88bc.jpg

Honestly, outside the hair color I am not seeing a radical difference

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Loved the first one and planning a Day 1 for this. Haven't that the time to watch the streams that have been uploaded of TEW2 so far. But in the streams thread I saw people not being happy about TEW2 being TLoU-like with generic environments. What is the consensus on the game so far?

CryptiK

With her TEW2 Look

pvh88bc.jpg
She looks more like an RE character now.

Laplasakos

Kidman's face and voice are so much better in the first game compared to what we have seen so far. I don't think this will ruin my experience though.

So excited about this game.

Good to hear something about the PC version performance. Hope it runs well 1440p on a 1070. Interesting to see if reviewers will actually have their reviews ready for tomorrow.

Mifec

Loved the first one and planning a Day 1 for this. Haven't that the time to watch the streams that have been uploaded of TEW2 so far. But in the streams thread I saw people not being happy about TEW2 being TLoU-like with generic environments. What is the consensus on the game so far?

It looks quite a bit more like TLOU then something like RE, but I don't find it offputting, I find the game/control improvements welcome. Might lose some points with people because it's switched from grimy spooky villages and mansions to a small town in the middle of crisis.

Kudo

With her TEW2 Look

pvh88bc.jpg

No huge changes imo, just looks more polished model of her. I like it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

JJShadow

I'm all in for this, the first one is one of my favourites games of this generation. My copy should be shipped today, cannot fucking wait!

Kudo

26€.. When you think about it, it's kind of insane how publishers with regional pricing is ripping people off, but that's off-topic.
Reminder to people who haven't bought it yet CDKeys has it for cheap (27€ without coupon as of this moment) and you can get 5% off coupon from their Facebook.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
26€.. When you think about it, it's kind of insane how Steam with regional pricing is ripping people off, but that's off-topic.
Reminder to people who haven't bought it yet CDKeys has it for cheap (27€ without coupon as of this moment) and you can get 5% off coupon from their Facebook.

Publishers have final say on pricing. Valve's recommendations are just that -- recommendations.

Mifec

While that's true for the first few chapters, from chapter
onward, things begin to get a lot more gritty in the locations and gothic in a way I think more will appreciate. Given Chapter
you can spend a lot of time in if doing side-quests.
Fair enough especially
The Marrow
which I could easily see in RE games.
26€.. When you think about it, it's kind of insane how publishers with regional pricing is ripping people off, but that's off-topic.

You also get the preorder DLC from them.

The price is the pubs not steam from what I know.

Kudo

You also get the preorder DLC from them.

The price is the pubs not steam from what I know.

Yup, I asked them and they told me key is delivered day before release so for people who plan to unlock it early with VPN might need to wait or purchase elsewhere.

Mifec

Yup, I asked them and they told me key is delivered day before release so for people who plan to unlock it early with VPN might need to wait or purchase elsewhere.
Yeah I asked them if they can release them tomorrow since the game unlocks in Straya in 28h(?)
I never played the first title, but I'm loving what I've seen so far of TEW 2. Can I jump in raw?
Yup, there might be some terms that confuse you like STEM but you can refer to stuff online.

le.phat

Yeah I asked them if they can release them tomorrow since the game unlocks in Straya in 28h(?)

Yup, there might be some terms that confuse you like STEM but you can refer to stuff online.

Thanks! If anyone has a link to a good synopsis vid or read-through, lemmeknow!

dread_nought

Neo Member
for some weird reason, retail stores in my country (Vietnam) got the EU Disc PS4 version of this game pretty early (Monday). Lots of my friends started playing now on PS4.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

https://img00.deviantart.net/ce06/i/2014/349/7/b/julie_kidman_looks_so_sexy_by_akmal777-d89xc31.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://orcz.com/images/thumb/c/ce/TheEvilWithinJuliKidman.jpg/400px-TheEvilWithinJuliKidman.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/_img/chars/juli-kidman-the-evil-within-1.53.jpg[IMG]

With her TEW2 Look

[img]https://i.imgur.com/pvh88bc.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Honestly I'm not seeing that much difference other than her being much more polished model.
Besides this much better than what happened to Elena from Uncharted 2 to Uncharted 3.
[img]http://www.phcityonweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/uncharted-mock_up_photo.jpg

kc44135

With her TEW2 Look

pvh88bc.jpg

I like her look more now. She looks more like the Ada Wing stand-in the was always supposed to be. :)

kromeo

I've seen people mentioning both Sebastian's daughter and and Ruvik in the build up, are these based on the dlc? Because I don't think there's anything in the main game that suggests either of them would feature?

Unless it's just because Sebastian
hears the noise again as he's leaving the hospital at the end

Mifec

I've seen people mentioning both Sebastian's daughter and and Ruvik in the build up, are these based on the dlc? Because I don't think there's anything in the main game that suggests either of them would feature?

Unless it's just because Sebastian
hears the noise again as he's leaving the hospital at the end

Pretty sure
Ruvik ain't in
. Lily, Sebastian's daughter is the main motivating factor in TEW2, she didn't die and Mobius has her and made a STEM world around her, she's the core just like how Ruvik was in 1.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
My only real concern now is the hub + sidequests... One thing I didn't like in TEW 1 was how some chapters went on too long. So one aspect I felt they could improve on was pacing and making a tighter experience, I hope this doesn't suffer from the same issues.

I know I can skip the side stuff btw, but even then my ocd will get the better of me and I'll want to see if there's a chance of good content there.

Mifec

My only real concern now is the hub + sidequests... One thing I didn't like in TEW 1 was how some chapters went on too long. So one aspect I felt they could improve on was pacing and making a tighter experience, I hope this doesn't suffer from the same issues.

I know I can skip the side stuff btw, but even then my ocd will get the better of me and I'll want to see if there's a chance of good content there.

The actual sidequests have stories associated with them, which IMO makes them worth it. The other open world stuff is just like smaller events or ambushes when you get items/crafting stuff. Doesn't seem too annoying and it's not a huge open world either. When you get to main story parts the stuff is more focused.

sphinx

the piano man
I like her look more now. She looks more like the Ada Wing stand-in the was always supposed to be. :)

but she isn't supposed to be a badass know-it-all Ada Wong and that's what I liked about her character.

In EW1 she is as puzzled and freaked-out as Seb und Joseph, even though she knows from the start what it's all about, and I like it that way. Ada Wong gives zero fucks about anything, fits her character, but I'd rather have Julie the way she is.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The game wasn’t on my radar at all but I’ve become very interested in it.
I think I’ll wait to play it on the X, though. Even though the PC version is pretty cheap...

kc44135

but she isn't supposed to be a badass know-it-all Ada Wong and that's what I liked about her character.

In EW1 she is as puzzled and freaked-out as Seb und Joseph, even though she knows from the start what it's all about, and I like it that way. Ada Wong gives zero fucks about anything, fits her character, but I'd rather have Julie the way she is.

Dude, c'mon, the parallels to Ada are pretty obvious. Kidman is a super sexy secret agent spy woman that works for the bad guys, and everybody thinks she's bad too, but she secretly has a heart of gold. The first DLC starring her is also called "The Assignment", which is clearly a reference to "Assignment Ada" from RE4. As for her not being a know-it-all, well, she still knew more than everybody else in the first game, and at this point, I'd say she probably does know everything. I'd also be willing to bet that
she knows Mobius will betray Seb at some point in TEW2, and is gonna save him, just like Ada saves Leon in RE4.
. So yeah, she's definitely Ada 2.0. :p

Honestly, outside the hair color I am not seeing a radical difference

No huge changes imo, just looks more polished model of her. I like it.

Honestly I'm not seeing that much difference other than her being much more polished model.

Her Facial details might not changed that much , but it is her look style and expressions that is changed , I mean that in the first game she has more Fatigued eyes and face even in non-stress events , more Stiff , more sadness , More " Direct to the point" type of face While in this game based on the opening i saw she looks more relaxed with no more fatigue eyes and face like if she suddenly became a model , no more stiff face , no more sadness , and no More " Direct to the point" type of face , Other than the facials then based on the opening of the game her mouth and wordings also got bigger in contrast to her silent type of character in TEW1

I'm not complaining or anything about her new look and I also like her new look and it is great on its own but I just point out that she looks different than TEW1

haikira

Don't wanna look through the streams of the early chapters, as I want to stay fairly spoiler free; but how's the PS4 looking to you guys? Running well?

Top Bottom