• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

bobohoro

books:

Corazon 4/6 (yay)
Sogeking 0/1
Colo Smoker 3/11
Colo Apoo 4/11
Funk Brothers 0/10 (wtf)
GPU 0/1
MF Luffy 0/3 (felt lucky, oh well, not using fighter teams anyway)
Koza 1/8 (come oooooon)
FN Boa 1/7

Dupes:

FN Boa 0/2
Colo Apoo 0/4 (one from MAX)
Kizaru 3/24 (Well, reached my minimum goal, still sucks)
Sebastian 1/6
Boa 1/3
Robin 0/2
T-Bone 0/4
Coli Smoker 3/13

Just below 20%, so the second shit skill-up in a row.
Will probably have to rethink my Akainu team since my progress on FN Boa was less than stellar. Kizaru hurt quite a bit as well, as did Koza since I really wanted him down to CD 17. Corazon was the only positive surprise.

Permanent skill-up increase when?
Not using my Almightys with this shit.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Really havent been playing much lately...had like nothing to skillup.

Fed the 7 Raid Kizarus i farmed yesterday and got 2 skillups - so something i guess.

Majukun

only raid boss i need from the next clash is akainu,but my 100% success rate team doesn't work as well with young whitebeard sadly...
i mean i could beat him with that eam,but only if i manage to stall 21 turns without getting damaged so that i can ank the first attack from him...which seems unlikely

it's a shame but i don't wanna abandon my easy team for akainu to farm a couple of YW..and i don't even have the old one or boa so i don't need the skulls

MiTYH

Quoting myself to see how well I did. I'll only point out the ones I remember though

I love skillup analysis day! Then I always get sad when the results come in...

Skillbooks:
6 SW Shanks (going for the last one here!) MAX
6 Corazon (farming was not kind to me on this one...) One skill up
12 XDrake MAX
24 Inazuma MAX
6 Colo Brownbeard
16 Chinjao 3 skillups
5 Koza (because he's apparently not maxed yet) MAX, needed 3 holy hell
21 TEQ Brook MAX
10 Fake Luffy
16 FN Boa
11 FN Laboon

Units:
4 FN Boa
6 FN Laboon
7 Gairam
6 TEQ Brook
6 Kizaru Only 1
9 Sebastian
18 FN "Young" Brook
5 Raid Boa 2! Still not that usable
6 Colo Brownbeard
4 Tbone
27 Breed A lousy 4

So, Shanks is done, huzzah! Turns out I really needed 2, not 1, but got it in the first 5 so I'm not complaining. Wasn't expecting much from Corazon, wasn't disappointed there. But Breed... man. The first 10 or so got me NOTHING, then only got 4 out of 27 just... hurts. I farmed that nonstop for a week. He's usable now, turn is 16 I think, out of a possible 14, but that just... stinks. I have to play that event AGAIN. Sockets weren't that great, I think I'm 4/5 bind and 2/5 autoheal. Nothing to write home about

Couldn't believe I was 3 away from Koza, I use him so much. So he's maxed now, clearly I never had a problem before, but now I'll have... less of one?

bobohoro

1 for 20 on boa.

Okay then.

That sucks.
Don't know if I have the motivation to farm another tough 60 stamina raid before permanent skill-up. You just end up feeling dumb for all that time, concentration and gems invested after skill-up events screw you over.

At least I'll probably not have to worry about sockets on Raid Kizaru. Already on 5/3/3 with 8 skill-ups left to go. Planned for Bind/Depsair/AH, only ever saw one Bind socket, so now he is CD/AH/Orbs.

bonkeng

WB: 0/6. 0/27 since my last skill up and I only need 1 more to max. Fml.

Kizaru: 5/15. Maxed.

Boa: 7/15. Need 4 more til max.

Koala: 2/4.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Im sorry man - we really need that improved skill up rate. Stuff like this shouldnt happen after 2 years.

That sucks.
Don't know if I have the motivation to farm another tough 60 stamina raid before permanent skill-up. You just end up feeling dumb for all that time, concentration and gems invested after skill-up events screw you over.

At least I'll probably not have to worry about sockets on Raid Kizaru. Already on 5/3/3 with 8 skill-ups left to go. Planned for Bind/Depsair/AH, only ever saw one Bind socket, so now he is CD/AH/Orbs.

Yeah, it sucked but she's coming again in a few days, I guess. At least I had better luck with my other skillups. Boa is what I need most though for my Luffy team.

EMT0

Banned
The most important units from skillup:

Whitebeard: 6/22 (Gurarararararararara)
Legend Hancock: 0/5 (RIP almighty manuals)
Raid Hancock: 9/40 (19 is usable)

Legend Hancock is only a bit disappointing, since Hancock's base 17 cd is fine as-is. Whitebeard? Thank you RNG ;___;7, 19 is super usable and I can get those last 2 special ups from farming the Halloween FNs. Raid Hancock is nice, I got a decent number of special ups and I should only need ~25 more copies to get those needed special ups. I need to find a Young Whitebeard team that can clear her

commish

Planning my Akainu team. Will be so much easier with colo Alvida and Apoo. Bless their souls.

EMT0

Banned
Looking towards YWB, I maaay be able to clear him with a Jinbe team on the Hancock raid. Biiig maybe, since I don't have Jinbe's ship but have all the units needed at good enough levels. Definitely can't do Raid Akainu + YWB unless I happen to magic Legend Doffy out of a hat. Ugh, YWB seems like it's going to be incredibly tedious to grind for skulls since most of the teams needed won't necessarily clear the actual preceding raid, like my theorycrafted Blackbeard team. Can't slap on INThawk and Doffy into it, sadly enough.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, it sucked but she's coming again in a few days, I guess. At least I had better luck with my other skillups. Boa is what I need most though for my Luffy team.

Oh you were talking about Raid Boa ? Okay thats not THAT bad....thought this was about her Legend skillbooks considering how rare those drops are lol.

commish

Oh you were talking about Raid Boa ? Okay thats not THAT bad....thought this was about her Legend skillbooks considering how rare those drops are lol.

Oh I would quit the game, hahaha. I wouldn't even post about it. I'd just be done.

Kyou

this is feeling like an especially bad skill up for me

Just books after books of nothing

Except Monorhino. That motherfucker is skilling up like nobody's business

cw_sasuke

Oh I would quit the game, hahaha. I wouldn't even post about it. I'd just be done.

Haha...yeah i wondering why you took it relatively easy...20 Boa Legend books is like one week of non stop playing that shitty stage and likely using a bunch of stones as well xD

...talk about silver lining.
this is feeling like an especially bad skill up for me

Just books after books of nothing

Except Monorhino. That motherfucker is skilling up like nobody's business

I agree. If i had some rare Legends to skill up i would wait...seems like a trap right now.

RedBoot

I agree. If i had some rare Legends to skill up i would wait...seems like a trap right now.

Eh, it's all just RNG. I didn't notice anything different than the usual, some success and the usual shitty outlier (went 2 for 19 on Brownbeard). 25% is just a shitty percentage of success and things can always get swingy.

Waiting for the permanent increase is certainly a valid strategy, of course. I used a few Almighty Books today to finish up SW Ace, but the rest of them are waiting for that increase, and any YWBs I get this weekend will do the same.

mileS

Didn't do all of my skill ups yet but I went 1/8 with GPU. Actually 1/9 because I evolved another copy of him. I had a sinking feeling I should have saved them for a possible global rate increase. I don't even use him that much anymore. Oh well I think all I needed was 1 skill up on him for my Blackbeard team for Sabo. Very nervous about my raid Boa now...

Kyou

Giving up on finishing off Boa after five gems and not a single book(that would likely not get me a skill anyway)

See you in eight months, Boa books

RedBoot

Giving up on finishing off Boa after five gems and not a single book(that would likely not get me a skill anyway)

See you in eight months, Boa books

Hey, don't worry, surely they'll use 6+ Boa as an excuse to finally give us the Kimono/Banquet fortnights next, right?

Right?

Right...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I keep on trying to figure out teams that can beat both akainu and young WB. Not going well. :/

Kyou

I keep on trying to figure out teams that can beat both akainu and young WB. Not going well. :/

I'm taking a mulligan on YWB with Akainu. There's not even a spot to slip in Shiryu for a 25% chance at it. He's just too hard for that for me.

Hancock... maaaaaybe. I might be able to put something together. Doflamingo is going to be where the real push is for me

mileS

Boa 58 (Honestly shocked here, I maxed Boa out for the first time with 32 copies. That is probably the best luck I've ever had raid boss wise. Unfortunately all I could get for sockets with 58 Boa's was 4/4/4 for bind, despair, auto heal)
Breed 8 (Saving these for global skill up increase.)

books
Marco (RR) - 8/27
Inazuma - 1/7
Blue Gilly - 4/8
Impact Usopp - 0/3
GPU - 1/8

Spent 10 gems trying to get another GPU book. No go. Absolutely ridiculous... That's 35 gems in total on one fortnight for a non-legend book.... At least half of those gems weren't even used on double stam, so I can't blame it on that either. My only 8 books came from a lucky 20min streak yesterday. Besides that? GPU books don't exist in this fortnight. I refuse to believe I am one of the only being this royally fucked over by RNG for GPU. I payed my dues at this point. I must have leveled up at the very least 15 Usopp's just for another chance at a skill up. I've never wasted any of his books on a non-skill up event. I'm sure everyone is tired of me ranting about this but I need to get it out of my system. I was looking forward to this fortnight + Usopp-un Clash for a while. I thought to myself.. what a perfect chance to finish mine off. How often do you get 2 events/fortnights within a week span that have 1 single book you need? Sounds like a perfect time to get everything you need eh? Yeah no. Not for me I guess.

Tidd

I guess this is it.
I'm done with OPTC. Sold my account, so it was even easier to quit. :p
It was fun but I just don't enjoy the game like I did before. These 2 years was quite something. Thanks to everyone. Main reason the game was so fun, was definitely because of you. :)
You won't lose me completely. I will visit you once in a while to see where the global version is heading to and what else they introduce to Japan.

bjork

Skill-ups were about normal, not as many as I wanted. But I got Abdullah/Jeet down to 7 turns, and I don't think I've ever used them. They seem like they have zero downside in a striker or slasher team. 4 sockets, their special reduces cooldown and makes bad orbs favorable. I might even throw them in a team with legend BB, since that would free up a slot for someone that doesn't fit BB's requirements. Pretty cool.

I guess this is it.
It was fun but I just don't enjoy the game like I did before. These 2 years was quite something. Thanks to everyone. Main reason the game was so fun, was definitely because of you. :)
You won't lose me completely. I will visit you once in a while to see where the global version is heading to and what else they introduce to Japan.

What does an OPTC account bring these days, if you don't mind saying? I've always wondered when I hear of accounts being sold, but have no idea.

MiTYH

Double Zeff to the rescue for ranking again. 801k, just squeaked by.

Running croc's FN to get more Mr.1's and croc sockets for slasherdile. I hope to god I never pull Legend Croc, this FN's drop rate is terrible

HabeeNo

Urgh, Alvida's FN is so annoying when it comes to drops. Gemmed 4 times, and the same red scrub in the back keeps dropping

UPDATE: 20 gems. 24 books, and only 3 skillups for Alvida. I really really hate this FN, and I really really want the WB ship :(

cw_sasuke

I guess this is it.

Sucks to see another one leave...not many of the OG OPTC crew around anymore. But i totally understand it...after all playing a game for 2 year is quite alot - at some point you get tired of it, even if they pushed every enhancement or update there is.

If it wasnt for the fact that im a big OP fan and this community i would have dropped it for good a long time ago...well i stopped playing like 10 months too.

Still try to login every day....but the time commitment in this game is rather large. This is probably the only gacha title i played where even pulling Legends doesnt mean alot unless you put in serious amount of hours to get their skill/sockets ready.

At least you had a good and got paid for your account - so Win/Win....

Majukun

that moment when you have 5 copies of an useless character and 5 of a guy you are trying to max, you decide to go first with the useless one and that gets 3/5 while the important one gets 0/5 :(

Majukun

What does an OPTC account bring these days, if you don't mind saying? I've always wondered when I hear of accounts being sold, but have no idea.

months ago i put my japanese account on sale (7 legends but basically no farming at all and pirate level around 110), and the best offer i got was 45 euros..in the end i didn't sell it and i keep it just to log in and do pulls when i wanna scratch the itch..but i suppose if you have a well maintained account with several legends,you can get a lot more.

commish

When I sold my DBZ account, I got a couple hundred bucks. Maybe $200? I had a lot of stuff on it. But now that I think about it, a high level OPTC account requires so much more time and effort than a corresponding DBZ account.

Kyou

I guess this is it.

135259357805493.PNG

Take care, it was good having you in the community!

On a lighter note, I finally got secret Boa to show up.

I guess this is it.

Bye Tiddy-Kun.

bjork

Double stamina for Croc and he dropped both times. It would be great to socket legend Croc before it ends this time around.

cw_sasuke

Double stamina for Croc and he dropped both times. It would be great to socket legend Croc before it ends this time around.
Yesterday and today... 6 double stamina runs and didn't get a single Croc drop. Won't bother anymore... Just logging in for now lol.

Kyou

I'm going to try and get the Ark Maxim tonight before Akainu comes.

Shiki, Raid Doffy, Raid Enel, Legend Marco and GP Usopp with a friend Blackbeard

hopefully I can do it. The stumbling block so far has been the Phy Enel midway through the forest but I think if I can get past him in good enough shape I'm golden

EMT0

Banned
I was pretty fortunate, I managed to clear the entire Jozu coliseum without a single death. Maybe I'm finally overcoming my clumsiness :')

Time to start socketing Cabbage using these Forbidden Tomes

Tidd

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about the recent Japan update. It's extremely beginner friendly.
  • Mihawk returns every week (no more excuses to have a Inthawk without sockets!)
  • Alvida, Kuro, CobyMeppo, Arlong fortnights are always available
  • Improved droprates for these fortnights (You can get GPU books from the 30 stamina difficulty)
  • Stamina overflow when you level up!
  • and more

I didn't get thaaaat much compared to what I spent on it. 100€. I probably could've gotten more but I didn't want to sell it via Paypal. (I'm scared to sell things on ebay and offering Paypal as a payment option because of bad experience with it.) So I was restricted to my country.

MiTYH

Ok, so YWB invasion coming tonight. To the people who know more, are there any teams that can actually nab me a copy of YWB if my only legends are INTHawk (no 3d2y zoro), Shanks, Lucci, and Corazon?

I feel like the answer's still no, which is a real bummer. No 3d2y seems to hurt all chances I have at INTHawk working, and Shiryu means I really can't do much here.

Kyou

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about the recent Japan update. It's extremely beginner friendly.
  • Mihawk returns every week (no more excuses to have a Inthawk without sockets!)
  • Alvida, Kuro, CobyMeppo, Arlong fortnights are always available
  • Improved droprates for these fortnights (You can get GPU books from the 30 stamina difficulty)
  • Stamina overflow when you level up!
  • and more

I didn't get thaaaat much compared to what I spent on it. 100€. I probably could've gotten more but I didn't want to sell it via Paypal. (I'm scared to sell things on ebay and offering Paypal as a payment option because of bad experience with it.) So I was restricted to my country.

I was just reading the part about how you'll be able to spend gems to unlock popular fortnights(like Perona) for 24 hours.

This seems like kind of no brainer QOL stuff that should have happened ages ago. Can't wait to get it *throws dart* next February on Global

mileS

Love the sound of those changes! Who knows when we will see most of them but it's something to look forward to. I feel like they are laying some nice ground work for future changes as well.

Top Bottom