• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Blue Exorcist S2 ep.7
Oh yeah, it's on now. Excellent episode with the crew finally getting together to kick sone but. The scene with Rin x Shiori was pretty well done and I'm looking forward to the showdown as well Maphisto.

Descending Stories 07

ahPRZcM.jpg
90w733j.jpg
is6KYRL.jpg
xftpCLE.jpg

0178e9213544aceed662582aabe5050f.gif

BeyBlade Burst Episode 5
C45161fXUAEkUK_.jpg:small
C453cEMUEAEygmh.jpg:small

The non Beyblade battle moments are hilarious, from the wild way Valt sleeps to even juts normal stuff, even also school club stuff (the ending sequence was the best), is so fun.

Wild battle too, how is it possible to get so many simultaneous burst finishes in a row!
C455H87WcAAnMSh.jpg:small

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Umm,
what about the scene where Ecchan put her hands up Hanabi's skirt? She was clearly uncomfortable as fuck with that.

That is a bit of a deeper question. I will grant that it certainly is at the very least borderline. Perhaps that was the point.

KanameYuuki

Finally decided to catch up on Gabriel DropOut and boy that 2nd episode has been such a drag, heck I haven't finished yet and decided to browse Gaf, I hope it gets somewhat funnier later on the episode and the next ones.

DAI-GUARD Episode 18

Yes Saiki getting what he ended up deserving. I dont know why youd change something that doesnt need fixing and worst it all went bad in only a month.

Im glad the best office workers saving the world are back.

Yakuza 0 Chapter 4

There was a scene in this chapter that was just short of an Arrested Development scene.

Does anyone know if the upcoming release of Ghost in the Shell by Anchor Bay is going to use an improved remaster?

I don't know if it's an improved remaster, but you do know about the problems with that release right?

Narag

Yakuza 0 Chapter 4

There was a scene in this chapter that was just short of an Arrested Development scene.

I don't know if it's an improved remaster, but you do know about the problems with that release right?

There's another release of the movie coming up.

TheChaos0

Fairy Tale ep.77

That was a really good way to start a new arc. Things got interesting really quick, with sone answers about Mystogon and looks like a ton of info on Happy and Carla is coming.

Is that Zoro but instead of three swords he's got three staves? lol

Just watched Redline.

It was a speedy, psychodelic, cyberpunky, extreme race of death and metal. It was good. Real good. A feast for the eyes.

convo

Yakuza 0 is the best anime I've played this year.

There are at least three different sub-stories/mini-games involving defeating 4 heavenly kings(+1 jobber) in pocket-racing, cabaret club managing and real-estate finance.
pocket racing was the best model-building anime of the last 3 years.

Aki-at

I've had no need for anime thanks to Yakuza 0. But now that I've completed it I've got to pad my time out with anime until Kiwami hits in the summer so...

Iria - 1

Hm, I'm kind of shocked I didn't check this OVA out sooner. Already like the main character designs (As well as the general world design) and the world mixing traditional attire with futuristic city and spaceships are right up my alley. Seems to have some decent animation and effects too, an enjoyable first episode.

There are at least three different sub-stories/mini-games involving defeating 4 heavenly kings(+1 jobber) in pocket-racing, cabaret club managing and real-estate finance.

plus the cabaret mini game lets you build your own harem.

It's basically Infinite Stratos

Seiren - 07

Things got a little more interesting this week, but overall this show is very low-key and definitely the lowest ranking show for me this season. Nothing about it pops out, it's generic but inoffensive enough that I can watch it weekly.

Aki-at

I can't wait for next season too! When Kiryu finally obtains his stand powers and becomes best JoJo.

MBNGuQN.gif

That's rad!

BLue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Episode 5 – Mysterious Connections

Wow even as a manga reader, the final minutes and the story was so gripping that even I had my eyes glued to the screen. The music too at the key moment of the background was perfect, I need the ost.

Nagi no Asukara End

Amazing / 10

Definitely in my top 3 of my favorite animes of all time. The Soundtrack, OP&ED is so good. Amazing characters to go on top of a great story.

Taruranto

Local woman retroactively ruins everything again #7

Keep in mind he was already old when he served the previous master. Just what is his endgame?
Man the direction here was top notch. Probably my favorite part of the episode. I think it's the first time they do something like this? Yota becoming part of the audience in the past was a nice call-back to Sukeroku's style.

Except Miyokichi.

Nope, 100% her fault.

Cornbread78

Nagi no Asukara End
Amazing / 10
Definitely in my top 3 of my favorite animes of all time. The Soundtrack,OP&ED is so good. Amazing characters to go on top of a great story.

Yeah, it took some time to get into, but my goodness was it amazing once it got going. The art and animation were top notch and the music was simply beautiful. Definitely an emotional roller coaster throughout the ending.

My favorite scene is probably the below:
OQdpJue.gif

That final image with those two still kinda drives me nuts though,
we finally get a mutual confession then they sit like 5 feet apart? Lol.

It was a beautiful image though.

Local woman retroactively ruins everything again #7

Keep in mind he was already old when he served the previous master. Just what is his endgame?

Man the direction here was top notch. Probably my favorite part of the episode. I think it's the first time they do something like this? Yota becoming part of the audience in the past was a nice call-back to Sukeroku's style.

Except Miyokichi.

Nope, 100% her fault.

yyyyyyyyyeah the show can try to paint it another way, but nope. I don't see it.

LotusHD

Banned
yyyyyyyyyeah the show can try to paint it another way, but nope. I don't see it.

This episode retroactively made me like S1 even more than I already did.

And yea obviously it's her fault. But I mean shit, she's a kid. One can't simply be a dick and just tell a kid that she killed her parents. But of course, the major, major downside to that now is that things have gotten to a point where it would be incredibly fucking awkward to ever tell the truth.

She has to find out eventually, but I certainly don't envy whoever has to break it to her.

currently watching the whole devilman lady series, I just finished vol 3 today. let's start off by saying fuck
Asuka
. The art's quality is mixed but it does have it's moments, voice acting is shaky at times but overall I am enjoying it. I tell you what though, the ending to episode called
flames
got to me :(

KraytarJ

Descending Stories 7
I really loved the way Yakumo's and Sukeroku's rakugo were shown to impact Yota, with each of them so effectively conveying their style of rakugo. Then that ending. Wow. Well I guess that explains why that story didn't quite add up in the first place, though it's clearly going to be brought up again at some point and I can only imagine how awful that'll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom