• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I either hacked the Wii U Miiverse or I am stupid.

If it was a mock up, Nintendo wouldn't have used fairly specific franchises and names for the games.

Seriously, we don't believe you Nintendo. MGS, RE, Yoshi's Land, Donkey Kong, Soul Hackers, Metroid, and Final Fantasy etc. pretty much all confirmed for Wii U.

Marbles

I was F5ing this thread like crazy last night. Then about 2am (UK-GAFer) my internet connection died. I could not get it back at all. My first thought was "those Nintendo-ninjas are coming". yeah - i was a tad bit tippsy at the time :)
BEST LAUNCH EVER!!!
Sadly my pre-order is on life-support at the moment.

wrowa

No one believes it's a "mock up" right?

It's a question of your definiton of "mock up". Was he accessing the "real" Miiverse? Most likely not, everything he's shown speaks against it: Placeholder tags, dummy posts by placeholder accounts and somehow there's only one admin listed but that one several times. Was he playing around with one of the test Miiverse versions? Absolutely.

But, while fun, I doubt that there was anything more behind it.

MarkusRJR

What was the deal about December 10th? I missed whatever image that was. Anyone care to link it to me?

Oh and no way would Nintendo confirm the games were real. If there truly was a bunch of games being announced on Dec. 10 they wouldn't reveal them now as it would ruin it their plans. The fact they confirmed it was a real "mock up" screen and not just some photoshop job means the message about games coming Dec. 10 is true. Plus, a "mock up" can mean many things. They could just be testing grounds to check for game integration for games in development. Put the two together and chances are at least 1 of those games is going to be announced then. Well hopefully, as this is all just the ramblings of a person who hasn't slept since the Wii U launched.

GPsych

Finally got to read the whole thread this morning. Wow...what an amazing Monday. It probably is just a test/placeholder, but nonetheless, this is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen on GAF. Way to go OP!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Nintendo, don't you dare to play with my feelings! After having mentioned Yoshi's Land Wii U - even if only in an internal forum - you have to deliver! I demand Yoshi's Land Wii U!

Flek

Banned
its like when i got my new macbook from apple but it had all sorts of internal programs and stuff on it … strange feeling

M̸̴̨̩͚̦̲̟̫̖ͯ̇̈͆͛̏ͦ̅̓͊́́ͫ̄͋ͤ̽̓ͦY̢͍͕̳̪͕̮ͧͨͨ͐̀̂͋̌ͭ͠ ̸̷̸̤̱̥̩ͭ͊̿͆͐̔ͤ̃̔̐ͨͮ̓̂́Gͩ̈̇ͮͣ̈́̔͑͒ͨͯ̓҉̴͏́҉̹̼̹O̭̺̫̱͖̩̮͍̺ͪ͑̓̂͑̾̔̐̓͒͛̑͛ͦͨ͋̉̀͜͡D̨̢̜̙̯͎̥̟̰̼̪̗̪̩̪̻̜͓̙̠͙ͮ̾ͣ̓,̴̨̜̭͍̳̙̗̳͔̣̖̘͍̘́̎͛ͧ͋ͨ̿̐ͬ̄͛̓͋̊ ͙̪͈͉̥͍̱̭̩̬̫̞̠̪͚̞̣͔̌̒̅̏͆͋͒̽͌ͧͨ͘͡͝ͅw͕̮̫̖͇̙͖͙̬̗̲̯̻̎͛̌̅̅̅̾͒̒̔̚͟͢͡h̺͖͉̲͈̘͓̬̙̼͎͖̺̗̟̠͎͉ͫ̾͛̌ͮ̄ͣ̋̓͊̔ͩ̎̀̃̚͢͡ȁ̵̢̘̦̣͇͍̫̼͈̘͓̠̟̾̒ͬ̇͛̍̃ͧ͒̒ͦ̒̚͟t̵́̃̈́ͣ́҉̸̤̜̦̖s̡͔͙͈̫̳̫͇̳̹̠̦̖͉͈ͪ̋̀̅̓͟͝ ̷͙͎̪̝̟̯̪ͮ͐̉̈͂̇̀̿ͤ̇̇ͤ̇ͯ͘͠M̸̴̨̩͚̦̲̟̫̖ͯ̇̈͆͛̏ͦ̅̓͊́́ͫ̄͋ͤ̽̓ͦY̢͍͕̳̪͕̮ͧͨͨ͐̀̂͋̌ͭ͠M̸̴̨̩͚̦̲̟̫̖ͯ̇̈͆͛̏ͦ̅̓͊́́ͫ̄͋ͤ̽̓ͦY̢͍͕̳̪͕̮ͧͨͨ͐̀̂͋̌ͭ͠ ̸̷̸̤̱̥̩ͭ͊̿͆͐̔ͤ̃̔̐ͨͮ̓̂́Gͩ̈̇ͮͣ̈́̔͑͒ͨͯ̓҉̴͏́҉̹̼̹O̭̺̫̱͖̩̮͍̺ͪ͑̓̂͑̾̔̐̓͒͛̑͛ͦͨ͋̉̀͜͡D̨̢̜̙̯͎̥̟̰̼̪̗̪̩̪̻̜͓̙̠͙ͮ̾ͣ̓,̴̨̜̭͍̳̙̗̳͔̣̖̘͍̘́̎͛ͧ͋ͨ̿̐ͬ̄͛̓͋̊ ͙̪͈͉̥͍̱̭̩̬̫̞̠̪͚̞̣͔̌̒̅̏͆͋͒̽͌ͧͨ͘͡͝ͅw͕̮̫̖͇̙͖͙̬̗̲̯̻̎͛̌̅̅̅̾͒̒̔̚͟͢͡h̺͖͉̲͈̘͓̬̙̼͎͖̺̗̟̠͎͉ͫ̾͛̌ͮ̄ͣ̋̓͊̔ͩ̎̀̃̚͢͡ȁ̵̢̘̦̣͇͍̫̼͈̘͓̠̟̾̒ͬ̇͛̍̃ͧ͒̒ͦ̒̚͟t̵́̃̈́ͣ́҉̸̤̜̦̖s̡͔͙͈̫̳̫͇̳̹̠̦̖͉͈ͪ̋̀̅̓͟͝ ̷͙͎̪̝̟̯̪ͮ͐̉̈͂̇̀̿ͤ̇̇ͤ̇ͯ͘͠h̴̸̨̼̺͎̮͙͇͚̲̳̥̼͕̠̲͕͉̯̤͛͐͆͂ͤ̽ͪ͐̿ͬ̀̀͊̕͘ͅM̸̴̨̩͚̦̲̟̫̖ͯ̇̈͆͛̏ͦ̅̓͊́́ͫ̄͋ͤ̽̓ͦY̢͍͕̳̪͕̮ͧͨͨ͐̀̂͋̌ͭ͠ ̸̷̸̤̱̥̩ͭ͊̿͆͐̔ͤ̃̔̐ͨͮ̓̂́Gͩ̈̇ͮͣ̈́̔͑͒ͨͯ̓҉̴͏́҉̹̼̹O̭̺̫̱͖̩̮͍̺ͪ͑̓̂͑̾̔̐̓͒͛̑͛ͦͨ͋̉̀͜͡D̨̢̜̙̯͎̥̟̰̼̪̗̪̩̪̻̜͓̙̠͙ͮ̾ͣ̓,̴̨̜̭͍̳̙̗̳͔̣̖̘͍̘́̎͛ͧ͋ͨ̿̐ͬ̄͛̓͋̊ ͙̪͈͉̥͍̱̭̩̬̫̞̠̪͚̞̣͔̌̒̅̏͆͋͒̽͌ͧͨ͘͡͝ͅw͕̮̫̖͇̙͖͙̬̗̲̯̻̎͛̌̅̅̅̾͒̒̔̚͟͢͡h̺͖͉̲͈̘͓̬̙̼͎͖̺̗̟̠͎͉ͫ̾͛̌ͮ̄ͣ̋̓͊̔ͩ̎̀̃̚͢͡ȁ̵̢̘̦̣͇͍̫̼͈̘͓̠̟̾̒ͬ̇͛̍̃ͧ͒̒ͦ̒̚͟t̵́̃̈́ͣ́҉̸̤̜̦̖s̡͔͙͈̫̳̫͇̳̹̠̦̖͉͈ͪ̋̀̅̓͟͝ ̷͙͎̪̝̟̯̪ͮ͐̉̈͂̇̀̿ͤ̇̇ͤ̇ͯ͘͠h̴̸̨̼̺͎̮͙͇͚̲̳̥̼͕̠̲͕͉̯̤͛͐͆͂ͤ̽ͪ͐̿ͬ̀̀͊̕͘ͅ ̸̷̸̤̱̥̩ͭ͊̿͆͐̔ͤ̃̔̐ͨͮ̓̂́Gͩ̈̇ͮͣ̈́̔͑͒ͨͯ̓҉̴͏́҉̹̼̹O̭̺̫̱͖̩̮͍̺ͪ͑̓̂͑̾̔̐̓͒͛̑͛ͦͨ͋̉̀͜͡D̨̢̜̙̯͎̥̟̰̼̪̗̪̩̪̻̜͓̙̠͙ͮ̾ͣ̓,̴̨̜̭͍̳̙̗̳͔̣̖̘͍̘́̎͛ͧ͋ͨ̿̐ͬ̄͛̓͋̊ ͙̪͈͉̥͍̱̭̩̬̫̞̠̪͚̞̣͔̌̒̅̏͆͋͒̽͌ͧͨ͘͡͝ͅw͕̮̫̖͇̙͖͙̬̗̲̯̻̎͛̌̅̅̅̾͒̒̔̚͟͢͡h̺͖͉̲͈̘͓̬̙̼͎͖̺̗̟̠͎͉ͫ̾͛̌ͮ̄ͣ̋̓͊̔ͩ̎̀̃̚͢͡ȁ̵̢̘̦̣͇͍̫̼͈̘͓̠̟̾̒ͬ̇͛̍̃ͧ͒̒ͦ̒̚͟t̵́̃̈́ͣ́҉̸̤̜̦̖s̡͔͙͈̫̳̫͇̳̹̠̦̖͉͈ͪ̋̀̅̓͟͝ ̷͙͎̪̝̟̯̪ͮ͐̉̈͂̇̀̿ͤ̇̇ͤ̇ͯ͘͠h̴̸̨̼̺͎̮͙͇͚̲̳̥̼͕̠̲͕͉̯̤͛͐͆͂ͤ̽ͪ͐̿ͬ̀̀͊̕͘ͅh̴̸̨̼̺͎̮͙͇͚̲̳̥̼͕̠̲͕͉̯̤͛͐͆͂ͤ̽ͪ͐̿ͬ̀̀͊̕͘ͅ

Can someone teach me how to do this?

Holy shit. Who worked on this OS?

George-W.-Bush.jpg

ASIS

Eurogamer has official word from Nintendo (via GamesIndustry):

"It has come to our attention that some people were able to access a mock up menu on Miiverse following the launch of Wii U in the US. Please note that this was only a mock up menu and has now been removed and is not accessible."

So this is all legit? Ok Wii U best console ever confirmed! :D

Marlowe89

I was skeptical from the beginning (not surprised in the slightest it was all just a mock-up), but everyone's freak out reactions were entertaining enough.

Lyriell

'Mock-up' ie: something we put together based on actual ideas and facts.

You don't list non nintedo franchises in your 'mock-up' unless you have an idea that they will actually one day be on the real list.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

ASIS

'Mock-up' ie: something we put together based on actual ideas and facts.

You don't list non nintedo franchises in your 'mock-up' unless you have an idea that they will actually one day be on the real list.

I suppose they can justify Resident Evils as the name really makes no sense. But the others, they are just too specific to be called Mock ups.

I really hope its valid to some extent.

Ǫ̌̍̎̔̃҉̠̼ḩ̞͉̜͕͙̃̈́̑ͪͨ̄ͧͫ ͈͇̫̂ͬͅͅg̰̦̖͙͚̺ͧ̐͌ͤ̍̆̓͝o͓͊̐ͦ̏̊̂ͨ̋͒͜ḓ̷̨̳̝̠̌̾̌͛͊ͣ͝ ̡̰̞̣͉̗̰̈́ͭ͒̾ͤ̽͆͛͡ḣ̢̞̑͟͝o̴͇͕̖̟̦͍̻ͫ̿ͥ͋̎ͭ͋͋́w̴̢̳ͦͮ̆̒͑ ̶̹͖ͨ͐ͨͫͧ̉ͥ̕d͉͎̱̹͚̥̳̝ͫ̈ͅḭ̶͋͋͒̋ͭͦ̿̐͌͜ḍ̵̵͈͖͉̩̹͎̇̆̈́͗́̑ ͦ̑͗ͭ͏͚͖̗̖̺t̲͍̱̍̇̓̕͝ḧ͉̫̭͎́̂͌͐͂͛̉̉î̶̱͚̦̫̦̱͍͊ͪ̊͊ͨ̿ͣ͂͘s̷̲̪̳͖̳̐͛̑ͩ͑ͤ̈ ͆̓ͪͯͫ҉͍̼̩̗͇͉̠͇͘ğ͚̳͍̏̈́̕e̸̶̡͇͉̟͐̏̇̾̚t̷͚̫̺͆̀͐ͫ̃̚ ̵̷̴̱̟̎̍ͥ̽̾̈́͂ḧ̷̩͍͕́ͣ̿e͎̜̺̐͛͆͗̏̽r̵̢̼̪͕͚̫̞̪̯͐ͦ̒͑̏͂̊͋ȩ̵̛̲͈͇̘͖̺̦̞͔̑ͨ̋͆ ͑͆̆̌͂͏͔̞͚̹̰I̡͎̺̪̩̘̝̓̄͢͞ ̴̫̜̖̗̗͉ͦ͋ͨͧ̉ͭ̚ạ̛͈͓̥̹͒͆͂̃ͩ̚ͅͅm͙̟̂͗̍͜͠ ̤͚̀͘͠ņ̢̘͈̪͍ͪ̚͞o̵̧̻̗̺ͭͨt̹͒̃͂́͒ͣ͘ ̪̥̳͍͕̥̝̺ͫ͊̓ͥ̀̏g̭̹͕ͫͭ̈͠o̭̣̞̲̥̥̍̓o̾ͨͫ̌҉̪͔̩d͈͙̣̟̩͖͕̓̋ͨ̌̂͒͛̚ ̤̘̻̝̥̱̲͎ͦ̆͋̅͠ẘ̜̃̀͛́ͧ̽͠i̛̤ͯ̋̔ͬ͢͠ţ̫̥̘̗͖̤̘͙̣͊̓h̷͉͚͍̹̲̆̓͡ ̧̞̳̯̩͖̄ͮ̄̓ͣͪ́c̛͉̘͉̈́͒̃ͬ͆ͫ̚͟o̘̯͚̯̘͂̇͞m̪͕͇̜̞̥̥̓ͮ̃́̈́ͭ̎p̡̟̻͕̬̝͖̜͐͋͊͌ͧ̕u̐ͧ͏͖͈̗͔͈̮̼̞͠ͅt̙͕̟̩ͬͣ͊̈́̂̈́͞ȩ̦͔̻͖̙̣ͩ̎͟r̶̯͛͑ͦ́̚s

Darryl

Banned
If this Yoshi's Land U is actually real, anyone think it could be taking over the place of a proper 3D Mario? Maybe Super Mario: Yoshi's Land?

edit: I was just thinking. There was the NES > Super NES. Now there's the Wii > Wii U. Wii U is being called a "Super Wii" in Japan ads. The two first mainline Mario games on the SNES were SMW and SMW: Yoshi's Island, right? NSMB:U was attempting to copy SMW to some extent. Maybe they're taking quite a bit of inspiration from it and doing sort of a parallel line-up kinda thing?

MARNEY

Wow, spent most of the day going through this thread, what a ride!
Well deserved tag Trike.
Gaf delivers.
Nintendo fail.
Epic thread.
Most fun since the possum in the bathroom thread...
Thx.

Marlowe89

Of course its inevitable. We just had one 15 years ago. We're practically at a Guitar Hero level of milking.

Try 6 years ago.

Yoshi is virtually iconic, and anyone who doesn't think another game centered around him is guaranteed to come at some point is deluding themselves. Just because the franchise isn't at Treyarch levels of shitting-out doesn't mean another installment isn't probable.

JazzmanZ

The Yoshi island wii u is pretty curious for supposedly a 'mock up' screen.

I mean of all the nintendo franchises just to add as a test forum you add Yoshi island?

No one believes it's a "mock up" right?

I ignored this thread because the first time we saw Miiverse all the games where just mock ups leveling that content where someone found it and posting on GAF will help it spread the blogs beyond praising the coming of Yoshi's Land mock ups be dammed

ASIS

Try 6 years ago.

Yoshi is virtually iconic, and anyone who doesn't think another game centered around him is guaranteed to come at some point is deluding themselves. Just because the franchise isn't at Treyarch levels of shitting-out doesn't mean another installment isn't probable.

Some point. Yes, but Yoshi games were almost exclusively made for handhelds since... the N64 days? What makes you so sure that the Wii U will get it if both the GC and Wii didn't?

Top Bottom