• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

MacAttack
Member
(05-06-2017, 04:57 PM)
MacAttack's Avatar
People are not prepared for the new garbodor.
Glitchesarecool
Member
(05-06-2017, 05:00 PM)
Glitchesarecool's Avatar
Vikavolt GX is so good on paper. Its wording suggests you could discard/attach a Double Colorless each alternating turn between Charge Beam and Super Zap Cannon. It's too bad Gigatron GX doesn't damage the Active Pokemon too, though.
purseowner
Member
(05-06-2017, 08:06 PM)
purseowner's Avatar
Is the new set out in the UK yet or no?

Couldn't find it today in WHSmith or GAME.
Sheentak
Member
(05-06-2017, 08:19 PM)
Sheentak's Avatar

Originally Posted by purseowner

Is the new set out in the UK yet or no?

Couldn't find it today in WHSmith or GAME.

It's our bought packs
Miles X
Member
(05-07-2017, 12:44 AM)
Miles X's Avatar

Originally Posted by purseowner

Is the new set out in the UK yet or no?

Couldn't find it today in WHSmith or GAME.

It's out but my local WHsmith, GAME, Tesco ect don't even know they exist ... shame.
Charlie0108
Member
(05-10-2017, 02:01 AM)
Charlie0108's Avatar
Bought my first two packs of Guardians Rising today. Secret Rare Leaf Energy and Full Art Wishiwahi GX. I'm in shock.
Card Boy
Banned
(05-13-2017, 01:50 AM)
Card Boy's Avatar
Dumb question the VS Seeker World Championship Card legal despite having a silver boarder? The card is like $1.70 each from Troll and Toad.
Busaiku
Member
(05-13-2017, 01:51 AM)
Busaiku's Avatar

Originally Posted by Card Boy

Dumb question the VS Seeker World Championship Card legal despite having a silver boarder? The card is like $1.70 each from Troll and Toad.

Nope.
irisillych
Junior Member
(05-13-2017, 06:09 AM)
Bought 12 codes for online, 4/12 had GXs (sylveon, tapu koko, nintetales, drampa)

used coins to buy a pack and got secret art ninetales

my luck is unreal right now
RoadDogg
Member
(05-13-2017, 09:05 PM)
RoadDogg's Avatar
Took my son to the TRU thing and the card has a werid blurry icon for the first move. It looks that way in the promo pic too. What is it supposed to be?

johnsmith
remember me
(05-13-2017, 09:22 PM)
johnsmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoadDogg

Took my son to the TRU thing and the card has a werid blurry icon for the first move. It looks that way in the promo pic too. What is it supposed to be?

Energy free attack
RoadDogg
Member
(05-13-2017, 09:38 PM)
RoadDogg's Avatar
Is that new? How is it different than if it was an ability instead?
Zen_Arcade
Member
(05-13-2017, 09:57 PM)
Zen_Arcade's Avatar

Originally Posted by RoadDogg

Is that new? How is it different than if it was an ability instead?

You can attack and use an ability on the same turn. With that card you either have to use the free attack or one that costs energy.
xXCrazyCostaXX
Member
(05-15-2017, 06:57 PM)
Bought a booster box of the new set. Came away with these out of 36pks. Been trying to get back into the game lately but mostly play on the computer. Do most people play standard or expanded. I'm wanting to build a deck later this week.

johnsmith
remember me
(05-15-2017, 06:59 PM)
johnsmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by xXCrazyCostaXX

Bought a booster box of the new set. Came away with these out of 36pks. Been trying to get back into the game lately but mostly play on the computer. Do most people play standard or expanded. I'm wanting to build a deck later this week.

Standard is more popular, but if you live in an area with an expanded regionals then expanded might see more play.
xXCrazyCostaXX
Member
(05-15-2017, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by johnsmith

Standard is more popular, but if you live in an area with an expanded regionals then expanded might see more play.

Okay cool. What sets should I be on the lookout for? I've bought a couple packs of sun and moon and the new set.
I did notice that the packs aren't ordered for Holos/GXs like the sun and moon set cause I tried to do the whole burn two packs thing
johnsmith
remember me
(05-15-2017, 07:17 PM)
johnsmith's Avatar
Are you trying just collect for fun or trying to play competitively? If you want to play competitively I'd recommend you buy singles. But the best set to buy right now is the newest Guardians Rising. Tapu Lele alone makes it worth it.
Poppy
Member
(05-15-2017, 07:20 PM)
Poppy's Avatar
my box was big time junkerino, might consider a second at some point since i have no self control and want some good pulls
Miles X
Member
(05-15-2017, 07:23 PM)
Miles X's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poppy

my box was big time junkerino, might consider a second at some point since i have no self control and want some good pulls

What did you get??
xXCrazyCostaXX
Member
(05-15-2017, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by johnsmith

Are you trying just collect for fun or trying to play competitively? If you want to play competitively I'd recommend you buy singles. But the best set to buy right now is the newest Guardians Rising. Tapu Lele alone makes it worth it.

Both. I stopped along time ago but all my buddies are getting back into it so we started buying again. To put it into perspective the last time I went to regionals in Orlando it was with a Dialga lvlX/Darkrai lvlX/Claydol deck
johnsmith
remember me
(05-15-2017, 08:11 PM)
johnsmith's Avatar

Originally Posted by xXCrazyCostaXX

Both. I stopped along time ago but all my buddies are getting back into it so we started buying again. To put it into perspective the last time I went to regionals in Orlando it was with a Dialga lvlX/Darkrai lvlX/Claydol deck

I'd buy singles then. I'd focus on staple trainers for now and then decide what deck to build after the Seattle regionals in 2 weeks as that'll be the first big event with the new set. There's going to be a big meta shift with the new sets and currently popular decks like Darkrai and mega mewtwo could be dead.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-19-2017, 11:05 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar
Anyone purchase the new Mega Powers Collection?
I am conflicting between buying that or the two tins.... >.<
Josephl64
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:32 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
I tend to not purchase those special boxes or tins(I did cave for Pikachu EX and made it work for awhile though).

Instead I get singles for my deck and 1 booster box of each set just because I find it fun to pull cards...despite the fact I never pull the "amazing" cards from each set.
Poppy
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:38 AM)
Poppy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Miles X

What did you get??

ugh i dont even remember exactly since im at work but i think i got like, a full art hala, wishiwashi gx, vikavolt gx, tapu koko gx, toxapex gx, kommo-o gx, and a bunch of who cares

i just am not interested in any of these cards tbh, i wanted full art characters that i like, a nice alolan ninetales gx, stuff i find nice to look at. since i dont really play in paper much.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-20-2017, 12:39 AM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

I tend to not purchase those special boxes or tins(I did cave for Pikachu EX and made it work for awhile though).

Instead I get singles for my deck and 1 booster box of each set just because I find it fun to pull cards...despite the fact I never pull the "amazing" cards from each set.

same
I pulled three gumshooes from SM base set >.<
ugh
the mega powers box is 50$, so its bit pricey
Josephl64
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:00 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
The last box I got "Guardians Rising" got me just full art Sylveon, full art Tapu Koko, and Toxapex GX.


Good cards, and I like all of them, but just 3 pulls seems so low.
Poppy
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:02 AM)
Poppy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

The last box I got "Guardians Rising" got me just full art Sylveon, full art Tapu Koko, and Toxapex GX.


Good cards, and I like all of them, but just 3 pulls seems so low.

i guess i feel bad for complaining, even though i forgot to note i also bought an elite trainer box i still only did ten more packs but got way more gx's

i just woulda been happier getting that sylveon is all! but i guess i shouldnt complain
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-20-2017, 01:09 AM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

The last box I got "Guardians Rising" got me just full art Sylveon, full art Tapu Koko, and Toxapex GX.


Good cards, and I like all of them, but just 3 pulls seems so low.

thats terrible D:
such bad luck
sorry :c
Josephl64
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:42 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
Well you win some, and lose some.

Also I translated Aichi's tournament because I was curious about what decks were big in Japan right now. I went back and specified set for Garbodor, Eevee, and in the case of Oricorio...which one.

Haven't done it for the rest so if people have questions I can help out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-20-2017, 04:56 AM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

Well you win some, and lose some.

Also I translated Aichi's tournament because I was curious about what decks were big in Japan right now. I went back and specified set for Garbodor, Eevee, and in the case of Oricorio...which one.

Haven't done it for the rest so if people have questions I can help out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

those Sylveon GX lists are so
ughhhh
faced some online and the matches were frustrating

Im very interested in Lycanroc GX decks, dont like using so many special energies tho >.<
Josephl64
Member
(05-20-2017, 05:31 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
I know the Houndoom deck is expanded, but it looks fun so I'll probably make it as a time killer deck to play with against some friends.

Otherwise, I want there to be a decent Toxapex centered deck, but I'm still looking into how I'll make it work. I'm fine if it's not top tier as the normal deck I use is far from that.

It's either going to be that or Ho-Oh. I want lightning to be good, but I don't think it's there yet. Well not to the level that I'd switch from the deck I'm currently playing.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-20-2017, 02:18 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

I know the Houndoom deck is expanded, but it looks fun so I'll probably make it as a time killer deck to play with against some friends.

Otherwise, I want there to be a decent Toxapex centered deck, but I'm still looking into how I'll make it work. I'm fine if it's not top tier as the normal deck I use is far from that.

It's either going to be that or Ho-Oh. I want lightning to be good, but I don't think it's there yet. Well not to the level that I'd switch from the deck I'm currently playing.

Houndoom mill >.<
runs the anti-nightmarch/vespiqueen Oricorio too

Isnt lighting good right now with tapu koko? has a good ability, lets you move energy around, hopefully we get more electric support
Josephl64
Member
(05-20-2017, 11:36 PM)
Josephl64's Avatar
Well I still run Raikou/Magnezone. I can see how I can remove Magnezone and still have it run fine although I just love the ramp up.

Tapu Koko might be better, but it's not doing enough for me in order to make me switch over.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-21-2017, 01:16 AM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

Well I still run Raikou/Magnezone. I can see how I can remove Magnezone and still have it run fine although I just love the ramp up.

Tapu Koko might be better, but it's not doing enough for me in order to make me switch over.

the promo tapu koko is decent too
2 colorless energy for 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon, spreads damage around. Things should look better for tapu koko decks when super scoop up returns, and you can pick up kokos xD

Im trying out a lycanroc ex deck on ptcgo, but dont like the weakness to grass, too many decidueye/lurantis decks on the ladder >.<
Josephl64
Member
(05-21-2017, 09:01 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
Ah that's rough since otherwise that's a good deck.

I'm mainly running out the clock for rotation. I sold the Shaymins I pulled before the reprints happened and the VS seekers as well. It just means I win by slowing down the opponent to my level with 4 delinquents and the such which throws people off guard with those higher tier decks enough to make me win half the time.

I haven't done online and it feels like it'd take forever to make the deck I have on there. Also sad to find out that Japanese packs don't have codes because they don't have an equivalent. I was meaning to collect them and still will, but JP cards aren't legal here so I could never use them.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-21-2017, 02:43 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar
I still havnt sold my shaymins, i regret not selling them before the roaring skies reprint was announced and the price went down a lot. If I do sell it, its probably going to be on reddit >.<
Pokemon did announce those alternative art thing, so maybe it will rotate in the west anyways

yea, they never released the tcg online game in japan, the format is too different, and product release is different as well. I read that nintendo is making another online tcg, so yeah >.<
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(05-21-2017, 02:45 PM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Josephl64

The last box I got "Guardians Rising" got me just full art Sylveon, full art Tapu Koko, and Toxapex GX.


Good cards, and I like all of them, but just 3 pulls seems so low.

I got Wishiwashi, Sylveon and Tapu Koko. No full arts. :(
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-21-2017, 03:54 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar

Originally Posted by Brazil

I got Wishiwashi, Sylveon and Tapu Koko. No full arts. :(

from a booster box?
that seems rather low

Also really thinking of buying the mega powers box, the jolteon sells for 10$ on its own, on ebay anyways, so i think it will be a good piece to open
Josephl64
Member
(05-21-2017, 07:18 PM)
Josephl64's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fate_Shirou

I still havnt sold my shaymins, i regret not selling them before the roaring skies reprint was announced and the price went down a lot. If I do sell it, its probably going to be on reddit >.<
Pokemon did announce those alternative art thing, so maybe it will rotate in the west anyways

yea, they never released the tcg online game in japan, the format is too different, and product release is different as well. I read that nintendo is making another online tcg, so yeah >.<

I'm kinda glad that it's rotating out just because I prefer slower formats, that and VS seeker leaving will be huge. It still won't be too slow because of stuff like ultra ball, and I'm excited at the prospect of another online tcg...just hope it gets handled well.

Originally Posted by Brazil

I got Wishiwashi, Sylveon and Tapu Koko. No full arts. :(

Oh, that's too bad. At least the next boss will likely be better.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-22-2017, 04:30 AM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar
We got tapu lele in the format now, its like jirachi ex
idk what pokemon is doing, seems like they want us to evolve but forest gives grass evolutions an advantage over other stage 2/stage 3s

Lets see how good charizard gx will be, the new darkrai is pretty great, and im happy since darkrai is one of my fav pokemon xD
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(05-22-2017, 04:49 AM)
Brazil's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fate_Shirou

from a booster box?
that seems rather low

Also really thinking of buying the mega powers box, the jolteon sells for 10$ on its own, on ebay anyways, so i think it will be a good piece to open

Yup ._.

Originally Posted by Josephl64

Oh, that's too bad. At least the next boss will likely be better.

I usually only buy one booster box per collection (I collect, I don't play), so fuck them, haha.
Josephl64
Member
(05-22-2017, 04:52 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fate_Shirou

We got tapu lele in the format now, its like jirachi ex
idk what pokemon is doing, seems like they want us to evolve but forest gives grass evolutions an advantage over other stage 2/stage 3s

Lets see how good charizard gx will be, the new darkrai is pretty great, and im happy since darkrai is one of my fav pokemon xD



I left Pokemon for a long time and came back at Breakpoint? Whichever one included that Raichu theme deck. So I think I missed that Jirachi ex.

As for Forest...yes, it's a pain right now to deal with for other types, but it should be rotating out as far as I'm aware.

Originally Posted by Brazil

Yup ._.



I usually only buy one booster box per collection (I collect, I don't play), so fuck them, haha.

Oh that typo hurts...but yeah, we do the same thing.
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-22-2017, 03:38 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar
I feel for you Brazil lol, thats a terrible box >.<
No hyper rares even ugh
I hope you have better luck on other stuff

Im trying out this Lycanroc deck, any suggestions will be appreciated
https://pastebin.com/MuD77JY2
johnsmith
remember me
(05-23-2017, 12:07 AM)
johnsmith's Avatar
Kommo o GX box. What the hell are they thinking.
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/05/kom...x-in-september

Walmart will still have these things on the shelves 4 years from now.
Josephl64
Member
(05-23-2017, 03:20 AM)
Josephl64's Avatar
that one does have me at a loss, the card isn't even that good and is one of the cheapest GXs from the latest set.

I might be missing something.
Poppy
Member
(05-23-2017, 03:32 AM)
Poppy's Avatar
no one in history ever cared about a kommo-o
Fate_Shirou
Member
(05-23-2017, 02:41 PM)
Fate_Shirou's Avatar
so much product >.<
I wont even touch it xD
Kommo-o GX is one of the cheapest GX to buy as a single lol
Josephl64
Member
(05-23-2017, 06:51 PM)
Josephl64's Avatar
So item lock is back with Noivern GX in a Seismitoad style.

And I'd be surprised if Double Dragon doesn't get reprinted soon.
SmokeMaxX
Member
(05-23-2017, 07:10 PM)
SmokeMaxX's Avatar
Anyone get an Eevee figurine from the giveaway and don't want it or want to sell it? Send me a PM.
Brazil
Living in the shadow of Amaz
(05-25-2017, 12:45 AM)
Brazil's Avatar
After my latest booster box fiasco, today I decided to pick up 5 boosters on a whim on my way home and, uh

Apologies accepted, TCG.

Thread Tools