• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

Just caught up to episode 108. Show is delivering!!! Frost got played harder than MGSV.

Edit: Yall in here talking about One Piece smh
qywiNci.gif
Venom Frost when?
it hurts to be an MGS fan.:(

Everyone seems to want Goku to get his new form and still lose against Jiren, but so many people complained before that they hate how weak and unsubstantial SSB feels when he just keeps getting beaten/matched by enemies anyway (which is a weird complaint imo) so I wonder if those complaints will exist for this new form too when Goku (likely) loses.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Everyone seems to want Goku to get his new form and still lose against Jiren, but so many people complained before that they hate how weak and unsubstantial SSB feels when he just keeps getting beaten/matched by enemies anyway (which is a weird complaint imo) so I wonder if those complaints will exist for this new form too when Goku (likely) loses.

I think it will depend on what the new form is.
If he just absorbs the Spirit Bomb's power and uses it to juice himself up, I don't think everyone will mind too much since it means he can scale it with a longer charge time.

i want him to win

i dont think he will
based on upcoming episode titles
, at least not at first

i think if he puts up a good fight people will be content, although i think if they are going to make goku lose they will have to have a ton of people gang up on jiren in order to take him out to really drive home that this guy really is nigh invincible, and to make gokus loss more acceptable

but i wont be too torn up about it either way

CazTGG

I think it will depend on what the new form is.
If he just absorbs the Spirit Bomb's power and uses it to juice himself up, I don't think everyone will mind too much since it means he can scale it with a longer charge time.

Super just loves to take ideas from the movies. First from Broly's, then (potentially) Android 13's!

sturmdogg

I knew I was right. The Kings of All were planning on erasing universes. Goku gave the universes a chance at survival by suggesting the tournament.

edit: nevermind. OP said no scans.

HardRojo

I knew I was right. The Kings of All were planning on erasing universes. Goku gave the universes a chance at survival by suggesting the tournament.

edit: nevermind. OP said no scans.
Yeah, we already knew that from the anime actually, it was a point made in the beginning of the arc.

dickroach

one of those tiny bug fighters or whatever from U4 is going to have Android 19-like power where they can absorb energy, and is going to absorb the entire spirit bomb and then kill everyone
book it

edit: wait. what if one fighter did kill everyone. that person would be disqualified and everyone else would be out. and then there is no winner
that's also what's happening.
book that too

one of those tiny bug fighters or whatever from U4 is going to have Android 19-like power where they can absorb energy, and is going to absorb the entire spirit bomb and then kill everyone
book it

edit: wait. what if one fighter did kill everyone. that person would be disqualified and everyone else would be out. and then there is no winner
that's also what's happening.
book that too

Nah, people from the stands will be able to give Goku energy but only mortals,
so Tien, Krillin and Muten Roshi, later one dies after giving Goku his energy (terrible thing)

dickroach

so Tien, Krillin and Muten Roshi, later one dies after giving Goku his energy (terrible thing)
ummm Krillin had an episode where he fought mirages in a forest. he alone has like a million energies to give Goku

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
when I started Super I missed the English dubs because that's what I was used to, but when I go back and listen to them now, damn they're all bad
I suppose it's because we're just so used to the Japanese voices now. It's like a keyboard mouse user using a controller for the first time and vice versa. However, the English voices are kind bad too and don't accurately nail the characters' personalities. Schemmel tries to make Goku sound a little intelligent but it doesn't work.

We just last episode had frost erased for trying to interfere from the stands. If it happens again almost immediately and the spoiler gets away with it, sucks to be frost.

KHlover

Banned
We just last episode had frost erased for trying to interfere from the stands. If it happens again almost immediately and the spoiler gets away with it, sucks to be frost.
They'd transfer Ki to somebody, whereas Frost was trying to transfer Ki through somebody. Big difference:p

HeroR

I suppose it's because we're just so used to the Japanese voices now. It's like a keyboard mouse user using a controller for the first time and vice versa. However, the English voices are kind bad too and don't accurately nail the characters' personalities. Schemmel tries to make Goku sound a little intelligent but it doesn't work.

The English voices are anything but bad, especially Sean's Goku.

People seem to have an obsession about someone dying.

Goku won't charge himself up with a Genkidama. How is that supposed to make any sense? Expending energy and gaining more?
The very first time he used it, it looked like he was going to use it like that, before Vegeta crushed his bones. It's why Krillin had to go to him, absorb the Genki Dama from within Goku's body and only then form it as a sphere of power.

Pretty much every character is telekinetic, and also telepath, for that matter. Or at least Goku, Piccolo and Roshi are.

Mendrox

The very first time he used it, it looked like he was going to use it like that, before Vegeta crushed his bones. It's why Krillin had to go to him, absorb the Genki Damage from within Goku's body and only then form it as a sphere of power.

Pretty much every character is telekinetic, and also telepath, for that matter. Or at least Goku, Piccolo and Roshi are.

He still never used it like that. It would make sense if everyone in the tournament would give him power too, but Goku otherwise his Genkidama will only come from his own power and how would someone power himself up with his own power that he just used to create the Genkidama? We will see.

Maybe Goku will just go "urgh...okay I will have to break through this" and suddenly will have this form.

Do you understand how a Genkidama works?

Yes.

"Remember that the Spirit Bomb is a martial arts discipline that allows you to borrow energy from grass and trees, from people and animals, from inanimate objects and the atmosphere... And then to concentrate them and release them. If you can draw so much destructive power from a ball made on this small planet... ...Imagine what you can do with a Spirit Bomb formed on Earth! If you can also learn to tap into the astounding powers of the Sun... Well. Just be careful. Or you may destroy the very planet you're trying to protect!"

How will that work in a world of nothingness or void except for anyone else giving Goku (and they hate him, except for U7) their energy?

M.D

Speaking of all the foreshadowing in this arc..

Remember the conversation after Kale and Caulifla beat the Pride Troopers and Goku let them leave?

Caulifla: Are you really okay just letting us go like this?
Goku: I could tell seein' you before. Both of you are gonna get even stronger.
Our real fight will be then!
Caulifla: Don't blame me for what happens!

tenor1ukon.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom