• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

God I would love to see more of this game, but I don't see the powers that be letting that happen. Especially with The Lost Legacy and maybe another The Last of Us: Part 2 drop.

I kind of feel like it would be in bad taste honestly.

I'm confused. What do Naughty Dog games have to do with EA games?

?_?

silva1991

Maybe we'll see Amy Henning's Stars Wars game?

giphy.gif

TPS star wars game will be dope.

Dream lives(sorta)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1_Nvn7DPM

AndyVirus

If the Visceral game is there it will only be at EA's conference (and likely just a teaser).

Next year at both EA's and Sony's, sure.

jayu26

Very similar to Uncharted first off.

And second, Hennig being on Sony's stage and there was obviously a lot of tension and drama surrounding the change in directors.

1. That is not how business decisions work. If Sony, EA and Disney make the arrangement then that is that.

2. Amy was never on stage at E3 even when she was game director for Uncharted series, she doesn't really like limelight, so why would you assume that Amy would be the one to show this game?

3. What happened was between Amy and Naughty Dog, not Sony as a whole entity. Even then guys at Naughty Dog have shown respect to her work and contributions publicly.

Kyoufu

Very similar to Uncharted first off.

And second, Hennig being on Sony's stage and there was obviously a lot of tension and drama surrounding the change in directors.

The industry isn't as petty as you think. It's just another Star Wars game that will print money and who cares if it's like Uncharted? Sony doesn't. Uncharted didn't exactly invent the TPS genre and even if it did, it doesn't hold a patent that prevents anyone else from emulating it in any way.

LastNac

1. That is not how business decisions work. If Sony, EA and Disney make the arrangement then that is that.

2. Amy was never on stage at E3 even when she was game director for Uncharted series, she doesn't really like limelight, so why would you assume that Amy would be the one to show this game?

3. What happened was between Amy and Naughty Dog, not Sony as a whole entity. Even then guys at Naughty Dog have shown respect to her work and contributions publicly.

The industry isn't as petty as you think. It's just another Star Wars game that will print money and who cares if it's like Uncharted? Sony doesn't. Uncharted didn't exactly invent the TPS genre and even if it did, it doesn't hold a patent that prevents anyone else from emulating it in any way.

I mean, fair enough. I'd personally love to see it because it's one of my most anticipated upcoming games (for several obvious reasons) but I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't seem a little ironic to me.

LastNac

Never said it did. But the similarities are gonna be undeniable

Tratorn

So since I want to practice some video editing anyways, I started with a short hype montage for Sony's conference and just finished it:

https://youtu.be/Gc5NBalj12g

I'm obviously not monetizing it, so I hope it's ok to post my own video here.
It's my first video editing project, so forgive some bad cuts please. :p

When I started, the plan was to make the video a bit longer but the editing took even more time than I expected, so I changed the song and focused on PS4 (console) exclusives.

Exceptions are DQXI (even though it won't be at E3 anyways) and KH III.

Considering that Sony signed a SW marketing deal across the board, it ultimately means Amy and Stig is gonna end up promoting Sony-related content.

It's all business

Would people be interested in a sequel to Helldivers?

In terms of co-op sci-if 'shooters', I would rank it higher than even Destiny in terms of fun factors.

Lemondish

In terms of co-op sci-if 'shooters', I would rank it higher than even Destiny in terms of fun factors.

So true.

Wish they could take it into a more story driven direction with more loot and dungeon crawling like Diablo, or with base management closer to Xcom.

Lots of options to expand.

Absolutely.

In fact, if Helldivers 2 could end up being a AAA TPS, it would probably eclipse Destiny as my most excited shooter game ever. So much fun mechanics in that game that I feel could scale extremely well to a high-budget shooter.

Tratorn

Heya, that was pretty good!

Thanks.
Though after this news, it probably wasn't a good idea to include FFVII into the montage... :p

I definitely would love that. Even though it got good reviews I still consider it underrated. One of the best coop games for me this gen.

God I would love to see more of this game, but I don't see the powers that be letting that happen. Especially with The Lost Legacy and maybe another The Last of Us: Part 2 drop.

I kind of feel like it would be in bad taste honestly.

You ain't seeing any more of TLOU2 until at least 2018

Sorry :/

Liamc723

We absolutely must get a big reveal for a Star Wars game this E3 that's not Battlefront II.

It has been years of concept videos and studio tours, now we need to see something. Trailer, gameplay, name, and release window.

jayu26

We absolutely must get a big reveal for a Star Wars game this E3 that's not Battlefront II.

It has been years of concept videos and studio tours, now we need to see something. Trailer, gameplay, name, and release window.
Remind you of another EA space Scifi property?

I kid. I am excited for Visceral and Respawn Star Wars games.

Speaking of, I am to this day perplexed about Respawn devs showing up on the panels during very first PSX. What was that all about? It just goes to show, that business is business and there is no pettiness amongst colleagues, they can't afford to have those in highly competitive creative fields.

Liamc723

Remind you of another EA space Scifi property?

I kid. I am excited for Visceral and Respawn Star Wars games.

Speaking of, I am to this day perplexed about Respawn devs showing up on the panels during very first PSX. What was that all about? It just goes to show, that business is business and there is no pettiness amongst colleagues, they can't afford to have those in highly competitive creative fields.

Hopefully these ones turn out a little bit better haha.

Star Wars game will definitely get a story trailer, at least, this year. Especially with Bioware's game getting delayed. I'm saying gameplay this year. May 2018 release, if the rumors about Han Solo are true, then they'll want to launch near the movie.

ArjanN

Aztecs were known for their kung fu skills /s

Although I assume he just means a melee combat focus. Aztecs would make for a decent setting, but the probability of this not being made-up is 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom