• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS4 Commercial During Monday Night Football (ESPN)

Weird song choice yet the effects where great like the Killzone Battle and the Skyrim Melee

They should of added quick gameplay in the end with a pic of the console saying 399

In my opinion

Oh my God...

Eh, I'm getting the PS4, but it's true. Commercial was all right at best, annoying at worst. I liked it when I saw it without volume. Then I watched it on YouTube and didn't realize the two bros were singing to each other.

If it were an XBone commercial, which it very well could have been -- MS ran these types of "play together" ads a lot when the 360 debuted -- overall reaction would be negative.

Minions

Great commercial.

It is all live action because....

-Graphics are like real life
-You will be right in the action
-You will feel like you are in the game.

I like the marketing company behind greatness awaits. I believe Kevin Butler was higher (on its best commercials) but was really hit or miss.

bluehat9

Should have just had a static screen with the specs listed for one minute, flash PS4 very quickly, flash November 15 very quickly, then back to football.

Right?

VanWinkle

That was great. The purpose of a TV spot is to have something memorable that gets the name out. I think this is a good commercial for that.

maltrain

Great spot. At this point, Sony doesn't need to show gameplays, only to sell an idea... and that is what this spot does...

Tsundere

Banned
It didn't show any gameplay, but the commercial was all about games. At least they got that right over the Xbox One NFL commercial.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Eh, I'm getting the PS4, but it's true. Commercial was all right at best, annoying at worst. I liked it when I saw it without volume. Then I watched it on YouTube and didn't realize the two bros were singing to each other.

If it were an XBone commercial, which it very well could have been -- MS ran these types of "play together" ads a lot when the 360 debuted -- overall reaction would be negative.
So, you are serious. Read the thread first and you'll see it has a mixed reaction.

Derrick01

Banned
The first "Greatness Awaits" ad begs to differ.

Completely stupid ad that only the most hardcore of gamers knew what the hell it was talking about and showing. You think the common person noticed hardly any of the references in there? Not to mention it was an ad about nothing. They need to stop with these weird ads about nothing and start advertising products as clear as possible.

v1lla21

If it would've flashed the console with the price and release date it would've been better. Hopefully they release more TV Spots soon.

Petrae

Ads purpose is to get u talking about it. Even if u hate it. Clearly it did the job

What am I talking about? Two goofs in a bunch of video game scenarios that may or may not have anything to do with what's being sold here, which is apparently a PlayStation 4.

Even if I'm talking about the ad, it did nothing to make me interested in the platform. That, to me, misses the mark.

Amagon

Holy shit! The graphics are so life like!
8KipkM2.png

Ronin

I think most people in here don't realize this isn't aimed for the message board types.

It gets its point across to Joe Monday Night Football, and for that mission accomplished.

PS4 name and a release date. That's all they needed.

JABEE

Iacobellis

Completely stupid ad that only the most hardcore of gamers knew what the hell it was talking about and showing. You think the common person noticed hardly any of the references in there? Not to mention it was an ad about nothing. They need to stop with these weird ads about nothing and start advertising products as clear as possible.

Even Apple doesn't make the clearest of ads. Look at their "Music Everyday" one.

Top Bottom