• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Vikings TD celebration

giphy.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions QB Matthew Stafford injured hamstring, ankle in loss

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford suffered a hamstring injury and a sprained ankle in Detroit's 27-24 loss to Carolina, a source told ESPN Insider Dan Graziano, and Stafford's week of practice will determine whether he plays Sunday against New Orleans.

During an appearance on the Mitch Albom Show on WJR Radio in Detroit earlier Monday, Stafford was cagey about his status for Sunday. He declined to provide an update on the status of his ankle and leg, deferring questions to Lions coach Jim Caldwell. When asked directly if he was going to be playing Sunday, Stafford said, "I don't know yet. We'll see."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rd-detroit-lions-injured-hamstring-ankle-loss

Shut him down till after the bye week. Jake Rudock is a serviceable, possible good, backup. 6th round pick out of Michigan who played under Harbaugh. Let Stafford rest and get healthy, I think we can win against the Saints with Rudock.

RIP

Ben Goessling ✔@GoesslingStrib
Mike Zimmer said Sam Bradford re-aggravated his knee in the first half. Didn't have any doubt Bradford was ready to play in the game.

The Giants would be dumb enough to win the games they should lose at this point.

My take on the Vikings last night: Holy hell. Bradford looked like ass out there. You could tell from the get go he wasn't ready to be playing, I think he may have still been high on painkillers. I'm not going to pretend I didn't fall for the hype, he looked like typical Bradford and I don't know why I expected more. The coaches and front office were idiots for putting him out there for more then the first series.

Defense played well enough, but they also played under their best. They showed up cocky and the Bears made them pay. They showed up when needed to win the game, but overall they slouched it and just went through the motions it seems.

You can tell our offense is limited without Cook. Murray is decent, but Cook was a workhorse that kept opposing defenses honest. Unless we figure something out, we'll get bounced first round in the playoffs, since I still have hope we'll get a WC spot.

Case Keenum is the best QB we have right now. Case... Keenum.... SHOOT ME.

So Bradford's career is over, right?

Like with Teddy, there's a chance he tries to play sometime down the road. As is, I don't expect him to ever be the same, or anywhere near 100% healthy, again

Like with Watt, I'm hopeful he steps aside soon because I'd rather not see either wheelchair-bound before they're 35 (Watt's 28, Bradford 29)

When the human body starts falling apart, it doesn't really stop. You've got to make the decision to leave before your body makes it for you, and you really don't want it making that decision

Milchjon

Why do Pats fans want to ruin everything that is good?

Football, America, now fucking Star Wars?

Let the movies be Milch (stealing some language from the Wire). Let it be.

The trailer made it look like it'll be just as much a derivative fan film looking thing as 7 was.
only somewhat kidding.

I miss Lucas' locations.

The Jag

Neo Member
"The Jaguars have the best point differential and best turnover differential so far this season"

For a just 3-2 team, sort of a weird stat.

So Bradford's career is over, right?

At least as a starter is have to believe. This seems to be just from him playing in his bad knee, don't know how you trust someone who has that happen to be your starter or give him a contract paying him like one. Though I totally think Spielman would give him a contract like that.

MechDX

"The Jaguars have the best point differential and best turnover differential so far this season"

For a just 3-2 team, sort of a weird stat.

Why is it weird? They dont let their turnover prone QB throw the ball and have good corners.

How to beat the Jags: stop the run and make Bort throw . easier said than done but the formula is there

The Jag

Neo Member
Why is it weird? They dont let their turnover prone QB throw the ball and have good corners.

How to beat the Jags: stop the run and make Bort throw . easier said than done but the formula is there

point differential is the odd stat, not the turnovers.

Best point differential in the NFL for a team one game about 500.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Like with Teddy, there's a chance he tries to play sometime down the road. As is, I don't expect him to ever be the same, or anywhere near 100% healthy, again

Like with Watt, I'm hopeful he steps aside soon because I'd rather not see either wheelchair-bound before they're 35 (Watt's 28, Bradford 29)

When the human body starts falling apart, it doesn't really stop. You've got to make the decision to leave before your body makes it for you, and you really don't want it making that decision

Luckily for Bradford and Watt, they both have more money than they could ever spend so retirement really isn’t a matter of money.

Can’t say the same at all for Teddy though.

Top Bottom