• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

SephiZack

Gonna stream myself in like 5 minutes. Trying to do "The Return of the Gourd" NG+ no Onmyo/Ninjutsu/Armor/Guardian without taking damage from the bosses (things before that are ok)

It won't happen, I can't even get to Nobunaga + Obsidian alive xD

www.twitch.tv/sephizack2 or youtube.com/sephizack (streaming to both, in case people prefer one to the other)

xuchu

Gonna stream myself in like 5 minutes. Trying to do "The Return of the Gourd" NG+ no Onmyo/Ninjutsu/Armor/Guardian without taking damage from the bosses (things before that are ok)

www.twitch.tv/sephizack or youtube.com/sephizack (streaming to both, in case people prefer one to the other)

I'm 100% sure you'll get it done no damage. The key is learning the spawn points and bursting them down as they spawn in. Good luck.

PS: be careful of those sneaky revenants using their gun from a far too. Also make sure you use the himorigi fragment after each attempt just to be sure you get the crusher title.

SephiZack

Haha definitely failed it. Reached the bosses once in like 2 hours? Considering it would take me many tries of the bosses before I get it, I don't think I'll be able to do it anytime soon xD

Deku Tree

www.twitch.tv/sephizack or youtube.com/sephizack (streaming to both, in case people prefer one to the other)

I couldn't find you until I realized that you are www.twitch.tv/sephizack2

SephiZack

I couldn't find you until I realized that you are www.twitch.tv/sephizack2

oops I mistyped it xD You didn't miss much. Just myself talking about the enemies and getting rekt by them. I might do another livestream when I come back home in like 3 hours if I am not too tired.

I actually really enjoyed doing it. I talked A LOT more than I thought I would, even if I was "alone" (like no comments and stuff)

Got the Platinum for it today, after the last Twilight mission I needed showed up today, topped off with buying a couple mystic arts. Did a few of the new stages as well, enjoyed that boss gauntlet one. And was laughing--while struggling--at the one that was like a greatest hits of annoyance (with
umbrellas, fire wheels
, etc.).

These stages must be insane on NG+. Back to moving forward there. Great game as always.

xuchu

GG Nioh! 100% titles achieved. That Kensei title felt amazing to get. Not only went from feeling that 'this is impossible' to entering zen-like state while going for those bare-handed parries but also went from hating the challenge to loving it.

1apJqxo.jpg

bRDxFPp.jpg

KEhG5dq.jpg

vtjllm0.jpg

catspit

Yagyu vs Kingo thoughts?
Kingo maybe better for PVE and Yagu for when PVP comes out?

edit: ahh read somewhere that with even 99 stam, you still cant get a "A" in agility with kingo set

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just read they removed air juggling oh man that sucks. I mean nerfs are whatever but come on I feel like that just takes depth away from the game.

Demoskinos

So do you have to spend Ochoko cups to get Divine gear to drop from enemies?

Also, I'm finding that killing revenants with equipped divine gear seems like the easier way to get good shit?

So do you have to spend Ochoko cups to get Divine gear to drop from enemies?

Also, I'm finding that killing revenants with equipped divine gear seems like the easier way to get good shit?

No, it just increases your chances.

It does and it is better if you're just looking for fragment fodders. But most of them are Red Demon/Kingo/Fanatics.

xuchu

XLHGladiator: 仁王 Nioh Free DLC Gameplay #1

Normal gameplay, non-exhibition

Such a joy to watch. Constant stance/weapon switching and using the combat mechanics to its fullest extent while using underleveled weapons according to the video description.

I've also found miduki's videos to be great as well:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxS51HqgiYY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QO0jjaJCInw

While I've enjoyed watching epicnamebro's level 1 run on twitch, he exclusively uses mid stance and hasn't really experimented with the full depth of the combat systems such as ki flux. But its still impressive and goes to show you that you can do challenge runs and get most of the crusher titles without it. Having just completed a level 1 run myself, I honestly can't imagine Nioh without flux II anymore.

Demoskinos

I want a full divine set of the gear from
Nobunaga.
Is there a smithing text somewhere I can acquire so I can forge some myself?

RiggyRob

Maaan, the
Death Centipede
fight was tedious as shit. I get the overall concept of it but the execution of it was lame.

I'm on the
serpent
boss on the rooftop and Jesus. Somehow this was printed onto a disk for the general public to play.

In fact this whole level has been a head scratcher. I get to play 5 repeat bosses (many of which I already beat multiple times in side missions) and then get rewarded with the worst boss of the game. Just terribly disappointing. Hopefully I can force myself through this boss to the end of the game. Ungh.

Curufinwe

I'm on the
serpent
boss on the rooftop and Jesus. Somehow this was printed onto a disk for the general public to play.

In fact this whole level has been a head scratcher. I get to play 5 repeat bosses (many of which I already beat multiple times in side missions) and then get rewarded with the worst boss of the game. Just terribly disappointing. Hopefully I can force myself through this boss to the end of the game. Ungh.

Hide behind the rocks.

Onmyou mystic arts.

what's the General consensuses between instant cast vs longer duration?

Edit:

Reddit guy tested out the new patch "adjustments", mix of nerf and buffs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/61ns7d/detailed_patch_106_changes_nerfs_buffs/

TL;DR : Conclusion. Sword of Execution was nerfed from 50% to 20%. Power Pill and Carnage damage boost have been SEVERELY reduced. Duration has been increased however. All Ninja Tools now deal far more damage, Elemental Shot Talisman as well. Axe Mystic art damage bonus has been halved. Suzaku got slight stat nerfs. Blade Spin got a 50% increase in Ki cost. Skill descriptions are now inaccurate if they are related to (critical) stats and those have been nerfed!

Just did my first Twilight mission: whew lads, (again) this game is amazing, I wish they had a mode just with twilight missions, they are way better than regular ones.

Getting near level 50 now.

IvorB

I'm on the
serpent

Yeah that fight was horrible for me too. Thankfully it's not that hard but it was pretty deflating for the final fight. I did as you as and just pushed myself through it to finish the game.

Onmyou mystic arts.

what's the General consensuses between instant cast vs longer duration?

Edit:

Reddit guy tested out the new patch "adjustments", mix of nerf and buffs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/61ns7d/detailed_patch_106_changes_nerfs_buffs/

Well, I don't like Power Pill getting nerfed but ninja buff is good.

Mendrox

I'm on the
serpent

Easiest boss fight in the game. Got him on the first try even though I almost didn't have anything to heal with. Just change the head every two-three hits and you will never get hit by their attacks and will almost always have the chance to attack the next one.

Hybris

After trying the new missions on my level 1 guy (and failing miserably repeatedly) I decided to start a new character to have something to play the DLC on NG with. Using spear + dual sword combo. After using the sword for so long I miss a lot of it's moves, but I'm sure it will open up a bit once I unlock the higher tier skills.

phant0m

This game is amazing, hooked me so fast I was actually surprised.

I need to master my R1 timing though, I suck at it.

Picked it up on the sale Friday, sunk 7-8 hours in this weekend. And I was already in the middle of Zelda, HZD, and Nier.

Enjoying this even more than the Souls games for some reason (save maybe Bloodbourne).

IvorB

As someone who wants to sample the multiplayer what’s the best way forward? I’m about level 110 now and haven’t really tried it ‘cause I don’t know how it works. What’s the best option to pursue?

After trying the new missions on my level 1 guy (and failing miserably repeatedly) I decided to start a new character to have something to play the DLC on NG with. Using spear + dual sword combo. After using the sword for so long I miss a lot of it's moves, but I'm sure it will open up a bit once I unlock the higher tier skills.

IMO, dual swords has the best moveset in the game. God of wind, Sign of the Cross, Water Sword, Cherry Blossom, Random Slice (for the laughs), and the parry where you stab them in the foot that leads to a knockdown seems to have easier timing. Mainly God of Wind, though. :)

You won't regret it, Spear + Dual Sword is an amazing combo because they complement each other.

As someone who wants to sample the multiplayer what’s the best way forward? I’m about level 110 now and haven’t really tried it ‘cause I don’t know how it works. What’s the best option to pursue?

If you intend to farm a certain boss, you can try to be a visitor for that mission to help out new players.

Such a joy to watch. Constant stance/weapon switching and using the combat mechanics to its fullest extent while using underleveled weapons according to the video description.

I've also found miduki's videos to be great as well:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxS51HqgiYY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QO0jjaJCInw

While I've enjoyed watching epicnamebro's level 1 run on twitch, he exclusively uses mid stance and hasn't really experimented with the full depth of the combat systems such as ki flux. But its still impressive and goes to show you that you can do challenge runs and get most of the crusher titles without it. Having just completed a level 1 run myself, I honestly can't imagine Nioh without flux II anymore.

Damn people are starting to turn this into Devil May Cry or some shit.

IvorB

You won't regret it, Spear + Dual Sword is an amazing combo because they complement each other.

If you intend to farm a certain boss, you can try to be a visitor for that mission to help out new players.

Hmm... I don't know what I should be farming if anything... just wanted to try it out. If I'm a visitor do I get the loots and what happens if other player dies to boss. What about that Tori Gate?

Damn people are starting to turn this into Devil May Cry or some shit.

Well it's always had hack 'n' slash level combat depth despite what some people want to believe.

Hmm... I don't know what I should be farming if anything... just wanted to try it out. If I'm a visitor do I get the loots and what happens if other player dies to boss. What about that Tori Gate?

Yes you get your own set of loots separate from the host. Same as Souls, if the host dies you return back to your world.

Tori Gate is a bit more unique because both you and your co-op partner can revive each other but neither of you can use any shrines. There is a limited number of times you can be revived and once it's used up the mission fails.

Hybris

IMO, dual swords has the best moveset in the game. God of wind, Sign of the Cross, Water Sword, Cherry Blossom, Random Slice (for the laughs), and the parry where you stab them in the foot that leads to a knockdown seems to have easier timing. Mainly God of Wind, though. :)

Windstorm being so strong is kind of a bummer because I love water sword so much. It's not possible to have both equipped right? I'm not at my PS4 right now to check. But yeah Dual swords seems like they will scratch the sword itch once I get some more skills unlocked.

Edit: I mixed god of wind and windstorm.

I'm loving all the free attacks I get from high stance spear into flash attack. Is there a way to trigger flux and the high stance ki pulse extra attack? That's one thing that bugs me a bit since the spear attacks are pretty heavy on stamina usage.

cheesekao

I'm loving all the free attacks I get from high stance spear into flash attack. Is there a way to trigger flux and the high stance ki pulse extra attack? That's one thing that bugs me a bit since the spear attacks are pretty heavy on stamina usage.
I think it's a mystic art that you can unlock.

IvorB

Yes you get your own set of loots separate from the host. Same as Souls, if the host dies you return back to your world.

Tori Gate is a bit more unique because both you and your co-op partner can revive each other but neither of you can use any shrines. There is a limited number of times you can be revived and once it's used up the mission fails.

Okay cool. So what's recommended from a loot and enjoyment standpoint?

Top Bottom