• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Boogiepop

Anyone have a list of what powers are unlocked by what? If any of the treasure hunt panels I have left unlock powers, I think I'll focus on grabbing those first.

PK Gaming

So...

is there any way for Canadians to get the 3D Kid Icarus classic? I really want to play it, but it doesn't look i'll be able to get my hands on it any time soon.

a Kid Icarus 3D classic for 50 bucks? No thank you ebay...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So...

is there any way for Canadians to get the 3D Kid Icarus classic? I really want to play it, but it doesn't look i'll be able to get my hands on it any time soon.

a Kid Icarus 3D classic for 50 bucks? No thank you ebay...

Buy on American Gamestop site, as long as you have an American address to bill to. Or just wait, as it'll probably be available on eShop / Gamestop.ca eventually.

Dr.Hadji

FRIDAYS FRIDAYS FRIDAYS BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE.

For the record, I'd totally be down for this. I've been spending a lot of time on assignments and such lately, and I'd love to take a break and just have fun every once in a while.

EDIT: I think that we should also make official LvD teams for fun. Who wants to join Team Scrafty? ;)

On the weekend I should have a team of 3 already but a lot of the times it will be just me and my brother. We'd be happy to join Team Scrafty.

muu

FRIDAYS FRIDAYS FRIDAYS BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE.

For the record, I'd totally be down for this. I've been spending a lot of time on assignments and such lately, and I'd love to take a break and just have fun every once in a while.

EDIT: I think that we should also make official LvD teams for fun. Who wants to join Team Scrafty? ;)

League games could be fun. Dunno if there's enough interest out there for it though?

Think it would be helpful to have an IRC chan set up somewhere though, both for setting up games and mid-game communication. Wish this had MK7's community feature so getting something set up wasn't so cumbersome.

Boogiepop

Anyone have any suggestions on how to finish filling out my powers? Am I left to pure chance pickups, or are there any tricks to speeding things up?

Kard8p3

The back dash charge shot on my Royal Blade is a beast. 3 hits from a good distance and game over. I always thought I'd be more of a melee guy but this is too awesome.

vid

League games could be fun. Dunno if there's enough interest out there for it though?

Think it would be helpful to have an IRC chan set up somewhere though, both for setting up games and mid-game communication. Wish this had MK7's community feature so getting something set up wasn't so cumbersome.

Hm... would it be a bracket based league? Or something based around long term performance?

Anyone currently actively playing Kid Icarus for some hours? I rarely find anyone logged on from those I added from the big ass list. Still have like over 25 people who hasn't added me back :(.

SmithnCo

I would be interested in a league if someone set it up.

Dr.Hadji

storafötter;36928830 said:
Anyone currently actively playing Kid Icarus for some hours? I rarely find anyone logged on from those I added from the big ass list. Still have like over 25 people who hasn't added me back :(.

Just added all the people behind me on the list (from Marcus down). Other should add the newbies.

Goodness. Only 23 out of 81 people have added me.

This might be common knowledge, but I didn't realize until recently that you earn points for running on the ground (when able to) during the flying sections

Zebra

This might be common knowledge, but I didn't realize until recently that you earn points for running on the ground (when able to) during the flying sections

Totally didn't know this, thanks for the tip. I only recently discovered you could walk on the flying hydra after going back and watching the original KI:U reveal trailer from E3 a couple years back, but I didn't know there were ground portions I could run on.

Speaking of that trailer, Palutena sounds like a robot in it by comparison with how she sounds now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

That'll come in handy for some of the score achievements.

One thing I just learned is that you can do a dash melee attack by dashing forward and pushing backwards on the circle pad + the L button. It's useful for those times you can't risk getting too close to an enemy for the crosshair to change.

Boogiepop

Huh. For the "Knock all guards in the trench simultaneously" I tried setting off a mega laser instantly, and saw all 4 fly up, then blasted the thing to death once the shield went down. And yet I didn't get the accomplishment. Huh. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Also, what qualifies as a "dash melee attack" for the things that require beating bosses with it? I tried doing a dash forward and attack within melee range on
Hades' Heart
, but it didn't count.

Oh, and I'm now finding some serious hatred for "don't get damaged" things. They take feel sooooo long and then an enemy launches an unexpected attack or a bit of the environment taps you and that's it.

Sagitario

I remember someone posting some control tweaks to make the game feel/control better during ground missions.

Anyone got a link to that post?

Neiteio

I remember someone posting some control tweaks to make the game feel/control better during ground missions.

Anyone got a link to that post?
Increase aiming speed for both flight and ground to maximum speed for both horizontal and vertical. Also, increase the camera stopping speed to the maximum. BAM. Perfect control.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Nice game Gospel, sorry I had to run.

I just woke up so I was too groggy, I want more rematches!

For sure! I think those were probably the best matches I've had in this game. You should stayed for at least one, though! But yea, I definitely want more rematches :)

Neiteio

Thanks! Just changed them. Will try it when the 3DS finishes charging.
Just to be clear, you want it so the camera stops on a dime. I just want to make sure I'm understood correctly. Your mileage may vary but it worked extremely well for me. Short, quick flicks to minutely and precisely adjust the camera on the fly. :)

Anustart

So stoked right now. Found an incredible pair of beam claws. 6 stars range, 1 melee, + health, + defense, + continuous fire and no negative stats. These should help me on my intensity 9 quest.

I'm missing a link. Someone a bit back in the thread linked a list or catalogue of the AR cards, but I'll be damned if I can find that post again.

Anyone got it? I'm curious about the size of this set and what's all in it.

Insaniac

I'm missing a link. Someone a bit back in the thread linked a list or catalogue of the AR cards, but I'll be damned if I can find that post again.

Anyone got it? I'm curious about the size of this set and what's all in it.

Its in the OP.

And GG to all earlier, that was a lot of fun!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Woa Light vs Dark is a terrible mess of a mode. How did this make it in it's current form? Unless I'm missing something - its possible I am, I just got the game recently - but how does one even distinguish who an ally and who an enemy is? It's also insanely unbalanced. And you die so quickly. I... can't wrap my head around it.

SmithnCo

Woa Light vs Dark is a terrible mess of a mode. How did this make it in it's current form? Unless I'm missing something - its possible I am, I just got the game recently - but how does one even distinguish who an ally and who an enemy is? It's also insanely unbalanced. And you die so quickly. I... can't wrap my head around it.

It's very hectic. You pretty much need a decent weapon and some good powers to be able to just survive. I would recommend the play dead or transparency powers if you want to not be targeted and taken out constantly when you're starting.

Sagitario

Just to be clear, you want it so the camera stops on a dime. I just want to make sure I'm understood correctly. Your mileage may vary but it worked extremely well for me. Short, quick flicks to minutely and precisely adjust the camera on the fly. :)

I understood, so far, they seem good (or better at least). Thank you.

KevinCow

Banned

Shoot people. Don't get shot.

jgkspsx

Try the local multiplayer with bots. You can get weapons this way too!

Enemies have brackets over their heads, and their text is orange instead of white, and they're either black or white, depending what side you're on.

It's a bit unbalanced, but you can land on teams with stronger people, so it balances out decently, IMO. I've enjoyed it as much as any multiplayer online game in ages.

Dr.Hadji

Yah that probably has something to do with it. Remember, the weapons are the characters. When the match starts, take a look at that bottom screen to see what weapons your enemies are sportin. The weapon symbol shows up a lot sooner than the enemies name in red.

Busaiku

Does anyone know if Power Thief stacks?
Like if I steal a power and can use it again, will I get 2 powers, or will the 1st be replaced?

Top Bottom