• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Insaniac

I like this game, but I hate this game.

It's cause so much strain on my right arm that I can only play about one chapter a day, so I'm up to chapter 7. I love the game, soundtrack, and the graphics are gorgeous, but jesus it's tearing me up. I've tried with the stand, without the stand, face buttons, etc. Circle Pad Pros don't restock until July, so as a lefty, I can't try it that way.

I'm tempted to just say fuck it and get Revelations or something. My arm can't take much more. Any tips?

well you should still get revelations cause its a great game.

But i just rest my elbows on my armrests while i play. Not a lefty so I can't say exactly, but I also rest the bottom corners of the 3ds in the meat of my thumb/palm.

It's cause so much strain on my right arm that I can only play about one chapter a day, so I'm up to chapter 7. I love the game, soundtrack, and the graphics are gorgeous, but jesus it's tearing me up. I've tried with the stand, without the stand, face buttons, etc. Circle Pad Pros don't restock until July, so as a lefty, I can't try it that way.

I'm tempted to just say fuck it and get Revelations or something. My arm can't take much more. Any tips?
Are you using the stylus? If you're just playing through the game at normal difficulty, as a lefty I found using ABXY for aiming to be just swell. A homing weapon helps. I know you say you tried everything, but I can't fathom how holding the 3DS like normal could tear your hand up.

Hale-XF11

I can't imagine playing this game without the extra comfort and grip that the CPP provides. It's not a perfect solution by any means, but it allows me to play for longer than I would without it and without turning my hand into a claw.

Finally finsihed this game.

I have to say this is one of the most joyous games I've ever played. It seems happy just to exist, and recognizes that it exists to be fun.

A truly great experience, in spite of some control issues (mostly my own fault).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It took me about five hours to become comfortable, but playing with the stand and stylus now, I have no issues even after hours of straight playtime.

Korosenai

It took me about five hours to become comfortable, but playing with the stand and stylus now, I have no issues even after hours of straight playtime.

Yum same. I can't play this game without setting it on my stand or my leg, but that doesn't bother me because i'm not gonna be playing this game walking around anyways.

Codeblue

I swear I spent three hours trying to craft a certain arm. I was crafting the materials to craft materials to craft materials to make the arm because the speed stat wouldn't carry over. I finally setteled because I had 20 darkness bows and figured it wasn't going to happen.

I hope someone finds the maths behind buff inherentence because it's PISSING ME OFF
I don't think it's logical, but rather of calculative necessity. The GFAQs guide makes it sound like there's an internal numerical system that has to be followed, and your weapon will inherit whatever would produce the necessary weapon value.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It's not a very good weapon, only 175 value, but I don't think I'm every going to get rid of or try to fuse away a Poseidon Cannon that causes burning. The water burns!

I just got a 100% game completion on my save file

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaahhhh

you-got-100-why-you-not-get-101-thumb.jpg

Jokes aside, nice job, man. You should be proud.

Neiteio

So PK Gaming, did you have to clear all three treasure hunt boards completely to get 100 percent? I'm around 96 percent but I still have a ways to go on the various boards.

Beat the level once and you'll be able to change your weapon by hitting an icon on the chapter. You won't be able to kill the Ornes any more, but for me it was very much worth it. I'd suggest just letting yourself clear it on a lower difficulty first and then going back for it.

Wow I didn't know you could do that. Things will be much easier now! Thanks a lot for the help.

I just got a 100% game completion on my save file

Awwwwwww yeaaaaaaaahhhh

I am jealous. Already I am having it difficult with getting those "achievements" where you have to play with someone close by. I just hope I get more "feathers".

Neiteio

storafötter;36918320 said:
I am jealous. Already I am having it difficult with getting those "achievements" where you have to play with someone close by. I just hope I get more "feathers".
You can play Nearby multiplayer by yourself with bots, and it counts toward those achievements.

jgkspsx

I am surprised by the amount of ass three star ranged+melee hedgehog claws can kick in online play. I singlehandedly decimated another team and their angel and nobody was idling (one of my teammates was).

People with very valuable clubs and some powerful abilities can still steamroller me in free for all, but even there I hold my own. Does it do any skill/equipment/etc. balancing, or are teams totally random?

Korosenai

Since the games been out for three weeks, i'm making a little survey type thing based on the Records section in the game so we can see what everyone has done and completed. Since the records section is long, i'm just gonna pick some stuff here and there (like total playtime, matches played, avg. intensity cleared, bosses defeated, etc.).

I'll post it later after I get done with some Western Lit 2 homework.

I just think it'll be interesting to see everyone's stats.

vid

For the AR card hunters, here's a couple of quick questions...

Nintendo was giving out AR cards at PAX East, and I got a couple of my friends to grab packs for me. Both packs contained Centurion Strongarm and Bear Claws, so I was wondering if everyone at PAX East got these same two cards, or if there were others?

Also, is anyone planning on visiting the GameStop event tomorrow to pick up more AR goodies? I'll be at work, and I doubt they'll let me pick up any after the event is over, but I figure it'll be worth a shot. Has anyone heard what the card(s?) given out will be?

...Nintendo, I'm still desperately trying to pay you to sell me these cards, instead of making me try to chase them down at these events...

Korosenai

For the AR card hunters, here's a couple of quick questions...

Nintendo was giving out AR cards at PAX East, and I got a couple of my friends to grab packs for me. Both packs contained Centurion Strongarm and Bear Claws, so I was wondering if everyone at PAX East got these same two cards, or if there were others?

Also, is anyone planning on visiting the GameStop event tomorrow to pick up more AR goodies? I'll be at work, and I doubt they'll let me pick up any after the event is over, but I figure it'll be worth a shot. Has anyone heard what the card(s?) given out will be?

...Nintendo, I'm still desperately trying to pay you to sell me these cards, instead of making me try to chase them down at these events...

What's funny is that there are 3 or 4 different regional club nintendo's who let you buy a pack of 10 cards with your coins (for 150-200).

And I didn't know gamestop was giving away ar cards, i'll have to go check that out. Is it tomorrow when they're doing it? And is it any gamestop?

Raptomex

So GameStop tells my friend the guide is coming on the 9th, then someone tells him the 11th, then my GameStop tells me the 12th. So I call yesterday and they don't have it in yet. I already paid this off and I want my goddamn cards.

vid

Why is it that I never see any of you in my friend list hosting multiplayer games any more? HMM?

Hm. So what you're saying is we should schedule a regular Kid Icarus Fight Club night/time? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I'M HEARING AND IT SOUNDS GREAT.

PK Gaming

Oh hahahaha. I'm good, but i'm not THAT good.

I didn't completely 100% the game (I'd wager i'm around 90% though). I got a 100% on my file, (which means I completed every stage, got the golden laurels on each of them, found every weapon, completed the power board picture, etc) it doesn't count achievements.

For reference i've finished both Palutena and Viridi's treasure board. I'm about 70% through
Hades
but I don't think i'll be finishing them anytime soon (complete every stage on 9.0 difficulty? Finish
boss rush
on hard? Sheesh.

Hm. So what you're saying is we should schedule a regular Kid Icarus Fight Club night/time? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I'M HEARING AND IT SOUNDS GREAT.

FRIDAYS FRIDAYS FRIDAYS BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE.

For the record, I'd totally be down for this. I've been spending a lot of time on assignments and such lately, and I'd love to take a break and just have fun every once in a while.

EDIT: I think that we should also make official LvD teams for fun. Who wants to join Team Scrafty? ;)

Korosenai

We need to find out the times when everyone would be ready to play.

If i'm not that busy throughout the day, i'd be down for anytime, but if I have homework anytime after 9 or 10 central would be good for me.

vid

I'm generally free any night after 07:30pm Central. I know I haven't been particularly active in this thread, but I'd love to get on board with this.

Insaniac

FRIDAYS FRIDAYS FRIDAYS BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE.

For the record, I'd totally be down for this. I've been spending a lot of time on assignments and such lately, and I'd love to take a break and just have fun every once in a while.

EDIT: I think that we should also make official LvD teams for fun. Who wants to join Team Scrafty? ;)

i wanna get in on these LvD games!

Top Bottom