• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony teasing The Order sneak peak at 1pm PT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chobel

made this
iqmpITByGtSqA.gif

Aside from the different clothes, the lighting is also different.

Shit! clothes downgraded?

Elios83

Again with this story? If you're going to insist, you better provide some solid arguments and bring some sources like interviews or you're not credible.
I've given cover to a lot of guys in videogames and none of them was made by Quantic Dream.

I'm not insisting at all,I don't want to prove anything.
In the interviews they have been pretty much clear about what this game is about, an interactive linear cinematic experience with shooting mechanics. It's their definition about the game. Read the interviews with Ru Weerasuriya.
About the rest, the answer is in the video. You get an animation of the the two main characters dragging the wounded guy inside, it's an animation and while that happens you're given the freedom to shoot the enemies on the balcony and that's it. It's not really free action and that's why many here are complaining.
The point is that they expect something the game isn't, when they showed the first gameplay a couple of months ago people complained because they couldn't see enough freedom,it seemed on rail, now they're complaining again for the same reasons. Two times in a row a bad choice for a trailer? Or maybe the game is what you see, an interactive cinematic experience like the developers have claimed themselves it to be?
But I guess that the E3 demo will probably clear the doubts.

They seem to have been curiously absent from this thread, haven't they?

I'm a PC enthusiast and I agree the game is fantastic looking. But the quality of the video was shit and compressed to hell so we can't tell proper IQ yet. Blurry videos hide a lot of things like crappy textures but you really don't want PC GAF to analyse a game

Nimby

Banned
Cinematic(as an adjective and not a cutscene) is about careful oversight when it comes to presentation. It's linear, sure, but that means little ludo narrative dissonance. The immediacy and momentum of the story isn't broken by sidequests or collecting that deviates. The dynamic camera angles are used so framing certain moments is done during gameplay as opposed to constantly inserting cutscenes that break the immersion. Moments that would typically be cutscene(pulling the guy across the street) is instead gameplay, once again, keeping the player involved and maintaining mechanic immerson.

That is a wshlist of things I want and I'm glad I'm getting them.

Good for you, but sadly, it's not what I wanted this game to be. No amount of "this game was made that way" or "your opinion isn't needed, find something else to play" is going to change that. When The Order was first announced, I already had an idea of what the game was going to be, and it wasn't this.

viveks86

Wow that is quite a big downgrade. Damn old build looks much better

LOL, how does one figure out downgrades by comparing direct feed to twitch stream? Do tell.

The comparison was to understand how things have changed artistically and if there are obvious changes like lighting, shadows etc. Let's not go down this silly rathole.

prwxv3

Good for you, but sadly, it's not what I wanted this game to be. No amount of "this game was made that way" or "your opinion isn't needed, find something else to play" is going to change that. When The Order was first announced, I already had an idea of what the game was going to be, and it wasn't this.

I am pretty sure RAD said it was going to be a cinematic TPS when it was revealed at E3

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Reminds me of the whole ryse polycount reduction for better shaders. Most probable that you get the armor later in the game, but has shinobi or anyone at RAD commented on the design change?

Andrea tweeted that the assets are the same or better

garyBig

Wow that is quite a big downgrade. Damn old build looks much better

She was floating shadowless above the floor in the old pic. I'm pretty sure this (current) lighting provides a lot more atmosphere to the scene. There's just quite a lot imagination needed to picture what an uncompressed frame of this scene would look like in HD.

Looked pretty amazing, loving the atmosphere. Wish we had better quality video and with someone who knows how to aim. :p

3 min sneak peak is not enough, I need an E3 blowout now! I'll buy it at a high bitrate!

Yup.

There we go, as expected.

Reminds me of the whole ryse polycount reduction for better shaders. Most probable that you get the armor later in the game, but has shinobi or anyone at RAD commented on the design change?

It's not a downgrade, we'll see the other uniforms too.
https://twitter.com/AndreaPessino/status/469990919815839744

Handy Fake

All the people saying this game is grey, have you ever been to England? I live here, it's grey all the time. We get sun for a few weeks every year haha

Over the course of a year, this is what our skies look like 60-75% of the time:
DSC00094.JPG

That's now, with the clean air act and smokeless fuels. Imagine it in the industrial revolution, smog, fog, soot, and all that shite. It's supposed to be fucking grey.

As a man from the cold and grey Northeast of England, I can only applaud this post. And include the words "fucking rain".

Nimby

Banned
I am pretty sure RAD said it was going to be a cinematic TPS when it was revealed at E3

I don't remember but I thought it was sometime after the initial reveal. And even with that they were pretty vague on their description of the game, so I kept hope.

Menome

PC/Console Super-Race here; It looks bloody lovely for such an early-in-the-gen release.

EDIT: Oh, a hundred posts appeared, now my reply looks a little out of place >_>

‏@Dalubai8 4m @AndreaPessino @tiberiuslive The police uniform looks different too and the level detail looks worse in the new video.

‏@AndreaPessino @Dalubai8 @tiberiuslive the assets are the same or better - you just need a better video.

So give us a better video:)

StuBurns

Banned
Think about that for a second. do you really?
Sure, I didn't mean that as like teasing or rubbing their faces in it, I really would like to hear impressions. I have a PC and have played plenty of PC games, but I don't have a really high end PC and don't really know how the best on PC compares.

For example, I thought InFamous looked really insane, but lots of PC people were saying it didn't even meet Sleeping Dogs level on a really nice PC.

This is the first game that visually looks like it's doing something different, not just doing what last gen did but with nicer assets and IQ.

I'm a PC enthusiast and I agree the game is fantastic looking. But the quality of the video was shit and compressed to hell so we can't tell proper IQ yet. Blurry videos hide a lot of things like crappy textures but you really don't want PC GAF to analyse a game

You don't want anyone to analyse a game in a video like this. Not just PC gamers.

Dude, I'm not blind. you fucking dumbass.
Yeah, but like, how can you hear the voice in your head when you read the words if you're like deaf and stuff?

Does the voice in your head use sign language?

If you're actually deaf and this is tasteless than I apologize profusely, and you can punch me in the face.

prwxv3

Lighting in the new one looks better but the level of detail is obviously better in the old one. Hoping they can bump that back up and keep the lighting for final (works better for the mood).

The new one is from the stream while the old is direct screenshot the old one will obviously be clearer.

viveks86

Yeah, but like, how can you hear the voice in your head when you read the words if you're like deaf and stuff?

Does the voice in your head use sign language?

He may have turned deaf later in life? :p

Assuming he isn't really deaf. If he is, please throw me in the same fire as nullpointer

Ambition

This game looks fan-fucking-tastic; literally nothing can touch it in the graphics department (yet).
Hope they show gameplay with the werewolves (?) next, really wanna see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom