• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War gets "refreshed" on June 24th. (Added content, price drop)(X360)

Markster

Interesting...

Just a week ago, I found a used copy for $30 (never saw it available for less than $55 before) and picked it up.

Maybe this will mean a bunch of noobs like me will appear online, and I will have an excuse to try out the multiplayer.

Aladuf

Banned
Markster said:
Maybe this will mean a bunch of noobs like me will appear online, and I will have an excuse to try out the multiplayer.

Trust me, there's been plenty of noobs lately. It makes for some fun Sniper target practice for me ;)

Andokuky

Banned
Have they fixed host advantage, or the insane amount of glitching and cheating? I would buy again today if they did that. The new content is great but if either of these things are still there then fuck it, why bother?

Shins

Banned
Andokuky said:
Have they fixed host advantage, or the insane amount of glitching and cheating? I would buy again today if they did that. The new content is great but if either of these things are still there then fuck it, why bother?
to make money, silly

Aladuf

Banned
Andokuky said:
Have they fixed host advantage, or the insane amount of glitching and cheating?

It is what it is, host advantage can't/won't be fixed for Gears 1. I never see glitchers lately but thats just me maybe. If you want completely fixed MP for Gears then you should probably just hold off until Gears 2.

I would buy again today if they did that. The new content is great but if either of these things are still there then fuck it, why bother?

I keep playing Gears despite these "problems" because IMO it's the best MP out there still this gen. Host advantage is no big deal for me, it's not hardly as big of a problem as people make it out to be.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
host advantage is garbage but i dont play gears for stats like cod4 and halo 3, sucks when you have wifi and cant host....i cant even imagine the power

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisGoldstein said:
host advantage is garbage but i dont play gears for stats like cod4 and halo 3, sucks when you have wifi and cant host....i cant even imagine the power

The power is incredible. It's almost like a different game.

Aladuf

Banned
Andokuky said:
I meant, for someone like me who already bought the game and content once, why bother?

Oh, if that's what you meant, then idk... I'd only buy this for PC content but that prolly won't happen. I have Gears already and all of the DLC so I'm set.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Nice I guess, but you can pick up Gears for almost half of that price nowadays, and the added content is free anyway.

Barakov

Gold Member
$39.99? Bah! Given the amount they sold it should $20 now. More than anything it's probably Microsoft's decision. And we know how long it took for the original Halo to come down in price.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
darkressurection said:
If they don't here is a summary:
HEY A BRUMAK
JUICE!
*explosions*
YEAH THE BRUMAK IS DEAD!

Yeah everyone told me the extra campaign content was crappy. Then I played it for myself. It ended up being one of my favorite chapters in the entire game, and believe me, I've played the campagin a lot.

The
shoot out in the abandoned theatre culminating with the sub boss battle where you have to kill the Corpser in a creative way
was awesome and I loved the sequence in the
parking garage with the ridiculous swarms of wretches and the sub battle with the Seeder where you use the machine gun emplacement.

If they do add this to the pack it will be a treat for Gears owners.

Barakov said:
$39.99? Bah! Given the amount they sold it should $20 now. More than anything it's probably Microsoft's decision. And we know how long it took for the original Halo to come down in price.

probably? of course its microsofts decision, they published the game.

Pimpbaa

I'll get this if it has the PC content. I have the PC version, but you either have to deal with having v-sync and a have your framerate jumping all the place (a frame rate limiter would be nice) or no v-sync and terrible tearing. The 360 version just look so much smoother even tho it's only 30fps.

Apoc29

I've had a 360 since January but I haven't picked up Gears yet (too busy with Bioshock, Rock Band, and mostly COD4). This price drop seems pretty enticing to me, and I love me some action shooters.

Aladuf

Banned
Apoc29 said:
I've had a 360 since January but I haven't picked up Gears yet (too busy with Bioshock, Rock Band, and mostly COD4). This price drop seems pretty enticing to me, and I love me some action shooters.

Dear god man, get on buying this game ASAP!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf23 said:
Trust me, there's been plenty of noobs lately. It makes for some fun Sniper target practice for me ;)

Hey that was me you bastard! :lol

I'll be online this weekend :D

Hero

Will pick it up if it goes on sale with one of the big retailers for 30. 40 bucks for a budget release, GTFO.

Eriatarka

Banned
Andokuky said:
Have they fixed host advantage, or the insane amount of glitching and cheating?
The lag is still there. They fixed a lot of the glitches but you'll still see some from time to time.

I finished this game with my god brother on his 360. Maybe I'll finally pick up a copy of my own. Ninja Gaiden II comes first though.

sajj316

Aladuf23 said:
:lol :lol

Good, I can't wait to play some more :D

Count me in ... I'll be playing some tonight! Hit me up dude as I got your friend request :D Oh and its not easy to snipe me ...

LowParry

Apoc29 said:

If you've got the surround sound sytem at home, Gears is such a worthy game to play loud. I'll give you a hint.

"Berserker!"

diffusionx

Gold Member
Hellraizer said:
Gears of War 2.

"5 times bigger", remember.

They can say whatever they want about an unreleased game... we'll see what happens, but it's a fact is GoW took up almost an entire DVD.

ravien56

hmm might pick this up, just wondering about the online really, my brother was telling me some rough stories about the online matches and how cheap people are, like how some people will just down you, wait till you get back up, then do it over and over to get mad points then finish you off, is it still the same?

Bricfa

Sony/Insomniac should do something similar for Resistance: Fall of Man. It would be a great first for a "Greatest Hits" series, and it could help R2 compete against Gears 2 this Fall.

Kibbles

I still don't see how Resistance vs Gears is still going on into their sequels, they are two totally different games in two different genres, it makes no sense. It was probably just cause they were released around the same time as exclusives on different platforms, amirite?

One of my friends just got a 360 and is considering getting Gears. This should be the perfect incentive. Nice move Microsoft. Can't wait for Gears 2.

Kydd BlaZe

IGN just posted an article about the re-release. Apparently its listed as "Gears of War with Maps."

Sadly, they make no mention of the PC content. I think it's safe to say that this re-release will just contain all of the DLC released thus far. Meh...

Aske

Kydd BlaZe said:
IGN just posted an article about the re-release. Apparently its listed as "Gears of War with Maps."

Sadly, they make no mention of the PC content. I think it's safe to say that this re-release will just contain all of the DLC released thus far. Meh...

Very lame. I'm kind of hoping Epic will add the extra Gears 1 chapter to Gears 2 as a bonus for 360 gamers, but if it's not on this re-release I doubt we'll ever see it. I'd have gladly dropped $40 for the extra single player content.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anyone have that carmine gif. with a white cloth around his head and he's waving??
Post it plz.

raYne

Verano said:
anyone have that carmine gif. with a white cloth around his head and he's waving??
Post it plz.
21c5xn5.gif

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
mh56 said:
hmm might pick this up, just wondering about the online really, my brother was telling me some rough stories about the online matches and how cheap people are, like how some people will just down you, wait till you get back up, then do it over and over to get mad points then finish you off, is it still the same?
Yeah, there are still some dicks playing. It's not too bad most of the time, though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
MaizeRage25 said:
I came in here to post this.

If you have a 360 and don't own Gears of War (or at least owned it at one time) then there may be something wrong with you.

Guess it's something wrong with me then. When it was first released and all the video showing game footage never peaked my interest.

I won some MS contest last week where I could pick any 1st party game for a prize. I selected PGR4 over Gears.

Mr Epic

Banned
I'll definitely be picking this up, as I gave my nephew my copy while I played GTA4. Now I can get back online and reclaim my dominance with the torque bow.

Kydd BlaZe

Lol, I love the irony.

I just fucking scratched my Gears of War disc and now I can't play the game at all. I can't load the maps for multiplayer, and the fucking single player won't even load for me. Lmfao, I guess I have no choice but to wait for this "refreshed" version.

Top Bottom